Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please recite fatiha for my grandfather, he left us today!

My Grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I humbly ask you to recite a fateha for him and pray for my mother. May Allah bless the souls of your beloved who passed away and give you all a healthy,long li

Thoughts:   14th November 2015. Happy birthday dad! If you were still here you'd have turned 62 today, about the age people take retirement.   These 23 years have passed real quick.

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

Sister StarryNight, why are you bothered by so much stupidity, at once? We live in a world that is filled with ignorance and arrogance. It's a sickness we can't cure. There are two quotes that come to mind for this, first, for the guy thinking he knows better what 'modest' means than others:

“Confidence is ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know.” - Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl

And: “Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley

Besides, you know why you wear hijab and Allah knows it. Who cares about fools?

• Advanced Member
16 minutes ago, Noor al Batul said:

Sister StarryNight, why are you bothered by so much stupidity, at once? We live in a world that is filled with ignorance and arrogance. It's a sickness we can't cure. There are two quotes that come to mind for this, first, for the guy thinking he knows better what 'modest' means than others:

“Confidence is ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know.” - Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl

And: “Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley

Besides, you know why you wear hijab and Allah knows it. Who cares about fools?

I hate that 500 ppl liked his comment and he is spreading more ignorance </3 its heartbreaking to see all the ignorance in the world. Thanks for your words :)

• Advanced Member
13 minutes ago, StarryNight said:

I hate that 500 ppl liked his comment and he is spreading more ignorance </3 its heartbreaking to see all the ignorance in the world. Thanks for your words :)

No need to thank me for anything ;) Let them do whatever they want, who cares? Numbers don't say much in their favor. Remember, just after RasulAllah (s) only a handful of people supported Imam Ali (a) - the rest "knew better" than their prophet (s). Only 72 were with Imam Husayn (a), majority of the Muslims were either, against him (a) - or amongst those who 'advised' him (a) not to go and to submit to Yazeed because "they knew better".

Apparently, even Iblis "knew better" than Allah when he refused Allah's command to prostrate in front of Adam (a).

As I just posted in the Quotes thread: "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge." (Steven Hawking) - which too many humans seem to have, nowadays.

Cheer up and be happy! :)

• Advanced Member
19 minutes ago, Ali Musaaa :) said:

Lol, works for me, Musa :P

How do I have youtube videos to be the way they used to be on SC? Help a low-tech-turkey out here. 

Back in my days, things were different.. 

Do you mean you want to have the video displayed directly instead of needing to go to the link? Might be more problematic if you are on a phone, not sure. Though, normally, just paste the link of the video and press "enter" (line break).

I had my problems with this, too, at first.

Edited by Noor al Batul
  • Veteran Member

Now even @Ali Musaaa :) talks about "back in his times!" lol

Bro, it's easier than before. Just copy paste the YouTube url, hit space and presto! The video embeds as before. No need for tags or anything. 

There is a problem with your account if it's not working for you. Contact the technocrats on here.

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, StarryNight said:

I died when he said we wear the scarf to attract western men OMG... I won't get over this anytime soon :(

Talk about classical "blaming the victim". Yeah, a woman always dresses ...whichever way...because she wants to "attract attention" and get abused? Sure.

plenty of people are idiots who will " like' anything, I'd like to think thousands DIDN'T  like it because they actually thought through the ramifications of what he was saying,

• Advanced Member
45 minutes ago, Marbles said:

Now even @Ali Musaaa :) talks about "back in his times!" lol

Bro, it's easier than before. Just copy paste the YouTube url, hit space and presto! The video embeds as before. No need for tags or anything. 

There is a problem with your account if it's not working for you. Contact the technocrats on here.

Thanks, seems like ive got it down now. Seems like that space was crucial lol

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

In the end the guy was all sweetness and light, "I'm really sorry if I offended you, please forgive me" "I hope that when the Mahdi comes we can all unite under his banner" "so where are you from?" etc

Good work, Ali. In my experience many apparently hateful Sunnis are normal people but extremely disinformed. It works wonders if we show them the error of their thinking in a gentle and civilised manner, as our Aaimah taught. I have a very close friend from college days. A Deobandi (close to Wahhabism). He believed in all the shocking things you know of. He would not even set foot in a street with a Shia mosque. A year hence he was visiting Muharram majaalis with me if only "to see what it's all about." He didn't convert but he stopped believing in all the rubbish and accepted the differences.

He's still a close friend.

• Veteran Member

How has no one heard of the genocidal shooting against the Shias that happened like almost yesterday in Nigeria, Africa? The Nigerian army came to their procession of commemorating the martyrdom of the prophet Muhammad's A.S family and started firing killing 300+ and injuring over 1000. Not a single damn news organization even brought it up. Truly absurd! We Shias, at least on this website should be proactive and continuously make such world issues prevalent to at least the internet by making threads about such tragic events. Forgive me if someone actually created a thread about this, but I have not seen it. Not only does boko savages target shias but now the govt. My God...

Edited by Ethics
  • Veteran Member
5 minutes ago, Ethics said:

How has no one heard of the genocidal shooting against the Shias that happened like almost yesterday in Nigeria, Africa? The Nigerian army came to their procession of commemorating the martyrdom of the prophet Muhammad's A.S family and started firing killing 300+ and injuring over 1000. Not a single damn news organization even brought it up. Truly absurd! We Shias, at least on this website should be proactive and continuously make such world issues prevalent to at least the internet by making threads about such tragic events. Forgive me if someone actually created a thread about this, but I have not seen it. Not only does boko savages target shias but now the govt. My God...

2 topics were made already...How come you dont read them?

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:
1 minute ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Done! :clap:

How does that even apply to me?:rolleyes:

It doesn't - he was saying that to me :D i remember celebrating Christmas as a kid - we lived in a Christian-majority area so we got to celebrate with each other. To return the gesture, they celebrated Eid with us. It was fun. Miss the goodies they sent to us on Christmas lol

2 minutes ago, Marbles said:

A-one.

You were missed, apo. We have been worrying about your well-being a few pages ago and praying you're safe and well. Are you?

I've been alright - just a bit disappointed with a few things and people so I decided to take a break.

• Advanced Member
19 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I thought public confession of sins isn't allowed on this site?

ok. 

i remember celebrating Christmas as a kid.

I don't believe celebrating Christmas makes me a sinner. just because i used to be part of the festivities doesn't mean i believe in the fundamentals of Christianity. to all the muslims in our neighborhood (a large neighborhood at that) who celebrated Christmas and the Christians who celebrated Eid, both these festivities and the celebrations that entailed were a means of forming and promoting unity and brotherhood. to me, that's most important. 

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I thought public confession of sins isn't allowed on this site?

What sin are you referring to, young bro? First, kids aren't usually in control of events around them, and second, at least according to Sayed Sistani, we are allowed, even encouraged, to congratulate non Muslims on their celebrations and share gifts and food with them, and we are allowed and encouraged to share our traditions with them too.

But maybe you see some sin here that I don't. 

• Veteran Member
10 minutes ago, notme said:

What sin are you referring to, young bro? First, kids aren't usually in control of events around them, and second, at least according to Sayed Sistani, we are allowed, even encouraged, to congratulate non Muslims on their celebrations and share gifts and food with them, and we are allowed and encouraged to share our traditions with them too.

But maybe you see some sin here that I don't. 

We also have the example of Ayatollah Khomeini - regardless of what you think about his political ideology - even giving gifts to his Christian neighbours during his exile in France.

• Advanced Member
33 minutes ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

We also have the example of Ayatollah Khomeini - regardless of what you think about his political ideology - even giving gifts to his Christian neighbours during his exile in France.

Same thing for Sayyed al-Khomeini [rh].