Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

I am really upset with my uncle, posted a picture on Facebook of a couple bungee jumping and it said on the bottom "Muslims jump free of charge, no strings attached". I really can't trust my family anymore, absolutely stunned with what I saw. By the way, I did report this garbage to Facebook.

You get used to it. :dry:

I am really upset with my uncle, posted a picture on Facebook of a couple bungee jumping and it said on the bottom "Muslims jump free of charge, no strings attached". I really can't trust my family anymore, absolutely stunned with what I saw. By the way, I did report this garbage to Facebook.

Technically its bungeee jumping, no strings attached

Brother, you have every reason to be upset.  Like Sister Notme said, you do get used to it.  It isn't cool, but all we can do is keep following the sharia as best we can; when we discuss our Deen with others, so long as we do it with a good akhlaq and deliver the message, Allah (s w t) will guide them or He won't.  In shaa Allah, this is an opportunity to make dawah.  And if not, you're family to the Ummah.  :)

Is he genuinely Islamophobic or is he trying ot be ironic or something?

Ive been pretty lucky with my family alhamdullillah, although when my mum first told my auntie about my husband she said something like 'what if he kidnaps her' post-73242-0-00901200-1386437714.gif i have no idea what her reference point for that was.

she said something like 'what if he kidnaps her' i have no idea what her reference point for that was.

My mom told me to watch Not Without My Daughter.

My mom told me to watch Not Without My Daughter.

I had to Google it, ive never seen it but i wouldnt be surprised if my auntie had seen it :rolleyes:

Thoughts:

Samsung S6 - what a beautiful machine this is. Love it!!

Who wants the grey-white dullness of iPhone after that?

samsung.jpg

Thank God for the Asians.

I think the Edge is nicer. I've been using HTC for the past several years (M One) but have had several issues throughout. So I'm not considering grabbing a S6 Edge of iPhone 6 when my contract runs out. 

It's pretty one-sided, obviously.

Not sure but I think the lady made bank on the lecture circuit afterwards. Her hubby, though, before he died, made a response film ," Without My Daughter".

Wouldn't be surprised if someday the daughter shows up with an expose film on her mom . Lol!

Edited by LeftCoastMom

I checked absolutely nothing off my "to do" list today. Ah well, I guess I have plenty of time on the weekend. I played with my kids a lot. I should put that on my list to make sure I do some playing every day.

I think that my account was hacked, I had to request a new password, no messages seem to have been sent out. Weird.

Your account here at shiachat?

Ali_Hussain, has your signature or information on your profile page been changed?

Since you changed your password, there is nothing to worry. InshaAllah.

∆ You too LCM :) enjoy your weekend.

I checked absolutely nothing off my "to do" list today. Ah well, I guess I have plenty of time on the weekend. I played with my kids a lot. I should put that on my list to make sure I do some playing every day.

Yes play for adults can be very health promoting too. I never really thought about it till I saw Brene Brown talking about it and I thought, yes, I can see how playfulness can be healthy. Ever since then I have been less self concerned about being seen as silly and probably more creative.

Thoughts:

It looks like Facebook with low nuisance value. On the whole a fine work but nowhere as buttony and intrusive as FB (I hope ads don't start invading our screens)

It was inevitable the update would be more social media-y FB-like to generate interest among the new users who are addicted to social media platforms. So be it.

Edited by Marbles
Spelling

On 21/11/2015, 06:08:22, Marbles said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdPDwDxqWmQ

Does he have a chance?

Salamunalaykum brother,

According to recent 'betting' companies , he is third favourite to become mayor at around 20/1 (the best one so far). It still is a long shot, but here is why i am optimistic he stands some chance, however small:

1. His labour and tory competitors are relatively unknown.

2. He is far more alligned to Jeremy Corbyn, and Sadiq Khan is far more opposed to jeremy Corbyn.

3. London has a 20% / over 1 million muslim population. Sadiq has espoused pro-israeli views and i do not think the muslim community would choose him over galloway if they all come to find out.

4. Galloway is the real labour candidate, and will actually have the courage to get things done. His policies are bold, but not over the top - they mirror some of the policies of Ken Livingstone.

5. A lot will rest on grass-roots movements, where i feel Galloway can do well in.

6. He will dominate in the public televised debates. He is a far more accomplished debator than any of this running candidates.

Does this mean he stands a high chance? No. But , providing the campaign is executed perfectly,  with luck, momentumn, he can make a major impact on this campaign, but i can't tell for certain.