Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Veteran Member

We're not hanging out with any ...whatever kind of Designer -Mutt -Arab he is.... He's hanging out with us. He followed my daughter home and we fed him. You know how that goes.

So he's not Iraqi?

Note: I didn't say all Ay-rabs are ghetto. A lot of the gulf Ay-rabs are soft and effeminate due to living a comfortable life without ever working.

• Veteran Member

Bought some monster sparklers for Bonfire Night post-73242-0-74182500-1342726119.jpg seriously considering making an effigy of George Osborne to place on the bonfire >.>

Not really.

It just came down from 8 hours to 6.

But naps zindabad.

Its a great feeling to be a mommy.

ALHAMDULLILAH

Sapph! you will make a super mum! mashAllah. Get your cub one of these:

41077a194d1fd70d4ad3ed8cc8355bea.jpg

Guest silasun

Baradar Jackson, I have thought of a number a of lines for a poem dedicated to yourself. You have a choice: if your inner soosooli wants something to the tune of a Lebanese pop song latmiyya, I can do that and replace the yaaa habibis with yaaa baradars. If you are feeling particularly Hizbollahi, I'll find an properly inqilabi track for you ;)

• Veteran Member

Okay,but SG's incisors aren't a social construct. Still wondering about that.

Genetic differences exist among different gene pools of course, but someone with such and such genetic traits can perfectly well migrate and integrate into a community different from his ancestors' and become part of it. Genetic mix is greater when a good deal of historic migration precedes the development of a new ethnic identity. No wonder then that the labels by which different groups define their ethnicity turn out to be scientifically unsound. 

• Advanced Member

Bought some monster sparklers for Bonfire Night seriously considering making an effigy of George Osborne to place on the bonfire >.>

]

We need a holiday like that in the States. I have a long list .....

Today is 13 Aban. Don't forget to recite 100 Marg Bar Amrika!

http://www.mashreghnews.ir/fa/news/490852/عکس-راهپیمایی-یوم-الله-۱۳-آبان-در-تهران

Needless to say that:

“The slogan and shout of ‘Death to the US’ by the Iranian nation has strong logical and rational support and stems from the Constitution and fundamental thoughts that brooks no injustice and oppression”

And it goes without saying that the slogan does not mean death to the American nation; this slogan means death to the policies of the US and arrogant powers and this logic is accepted by every nation when explained in clear terms.” 

Leader of the Islamic Revolution.

20m%20x%2047m%20Print.jpg

America is tall because it's standing on the 70 million people who were killed during world wars: Ayatollah Javadi Amoli

^ Bet I won't get away with putting up something like that in a couple of weeks for UngratefulTaking Day, though.

• Advanced Member

Genetic differences exist among different gene pools of course, but someone with such and such genetic traits can perfectly well migrate and integrate into a community different from his ancestors' and become part of it. Genetic mix is greater when a good deal of historic migration precedes the development of a new ethnic identity. No wonder then that the labels by which different groups define their ethnicity turn out to be scientifically unsound.

According to Baradar's info , the flying fickle finger of genetics is pointing to his Iranian heritage for the teeth. Neither of his parents are from the Far East. But somebody was at some time. Either that or anthros need to take a closer look at Arabs and Iranians.

^ that's not my kind then... I don't hang out with people, they hang out with me :p

Lol! I'm sure that is true for you. He has plenty of friends that hang out with him, but he's not bringing any of them to hang out with my daughter, obviously. He grudgingly accepts the realities of the culture here, but the only fellow he really liked/likes around my daughter is his one brother who has met her. This,I've heard, is an Arab thing? Or is that just a stereotype, too?

So he's not Iraqi?

Note: I didn't say all Ay-rabs are ghetto. A lot of the gulf Ay-rabs are soft and effeminate due to living a comfortable life without ever working.

Lol! He's not like that. But his family line doesn't originate there, I don't think. Will find out soon. I just don't feel like pushing him too hard about it quite yet due to the fact that I think there has been some tragedy. That can be an issue for people in our community here, too, so I tend to tread a bit lightly. Do people from that whole region often have Iranian blood?

What kind of Iraqis is you hanging out with?

The kind that do this when informed that their kid is in love with a non-Muslim non-Arab living on another continent:

post-183511-0-08528200-1446670420_thumb.

Holy Quran: "They ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning alcoholic drink and gambling. Say: "In them is a great sin, and (some) benefit for men, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit."

While alcohol may have some medicinal benefits in certain quantities or any other benefit, the harm of alcohol far outweighs any possible benefit that one can derive in it. Perhaps to an individual and perhaps also to society, Allahu'alam. It's absolutely interesting for the Quran to acknowledge it has benefits -whatever they are- but then contrast it with its harm. It's such a beautifully accurate and succinct statement.

If society adopted the laws as stipulated in the Quran and refrained from Alcohol, we would have a far more peaceful, prosperous, and stable society - pending other factors.

arvimage1_tcm77-395301.png

Alcohol and Violence
Summary
This chapter presents findings from the 2012/13 and 2013/14 Crime Survey of England and Wales (CSEW) on violent incidents where alcohol has been a factor. Additional analysis is also provided from the Home Office Data Hub, a record level dataset of police recorded offences.

• Victims perceived the offender(s) to be under the influence of alcohol in 53% of violent incidents measured by the 2013/14 CSEW. This is equivalent to an estimated 704,000 ‘alcohol-related’ violent incidents. While the volume of incidents has fallen, the proportion of violent incidents that were ‘alcohol-related’ has remained relatively steady over the last ten years.
  • Alcohol was a particularly prevalent factor in violent incidents between strangers, 64% of which were perceived to be alcohol-related (CSEW 2013/14).
  • In the combined datasets of the 2012/13 and 2013/14 CSEW, 70% of violent incidents occurring at the weekend, and 70% of violent incidents occurring in the evening or night, were alcohol-related.
  • The proportions of violent incidents that were alcohol-related increased as the afternoon and evening progressed, from 23% of violent incidents occurring between noon and 6pm, to 52% were between 6pm and 10pm and 83% occurred between 10pm and midnight.
  • 70% of violent incidents which took place in a public space were alcohol-related compared with 40% of incidents that occurred in the home and 43% of incidents that happened in and around the workplace.
  • Where injuries were sustained these were typically more severe in incidents of alcohol-related violence compared with other violent incidents. Victims in alcohol-related violent incidents were more likely to have received cuts (15%, compared with 9% of victims in non alcohol-related incidents) or to have suffered concussion or loss of consciousness (5%, compared with 1% of victims in non alcohol-related incidents) as a result of the incident

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/crime-stats/crime-statistics/focus-on-violent-crime-and-sexual-offences--2013-14/rpt-chapter-5.html

• Moderators

^ Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Trust me, you don't want it in your community.

I have a dear friend who has adopted several disabled children, and some of them have FAS or were born addicted to drugs. None of them will ever be able to live independently or have any kind of a normal life. When my friend and her husband pass on, the children will almost definitely have to be institutionalized.

• Advanced Member

So today my khala was coming to our house.2 guys on bike took her purse and ran away. She was planning to go Karbala with my mother on Arba'een. All the documents were in the purse. She was very heartbroken. I came back back from my college as soon as i could and went to Police station to report that but i know for fact that nothing will be recovered. 

:(

Alhamdulillah brother, inshaAllah it was kheyr.

You never know until you know and some times it is better to not know so when something happens that prevents us from doing something then maybe it was better that something did not turn into something ells.

Kheyr inshaAllah, will pray for you and your families safety and well being.

• Advanced Member

I have a dear friend who has adopted several disabled children, and some of them have FAS or were born addicted to drugs. None of them will ever be able to live independently or have any kind of a normal life. When my friend and her husband pass on, the children will almost definitely have to be institutionalized.

A lot of Muslims seem to think " Westerners" and " Christians" drink all the time. Not true. There are a lot of people who do not. There are some denominations in which drinking is completely forbidden and drinking to excess is forbidden in all of them. Regardless of faith, drinking has been a bane of the native communities. Fortunately, there are programs to help end this.

One of my favorite profs was Sac and Fox tribe. She railed against the drink ,always and everywhere ,and said that , after surviving all the destruction that went down during the invasion, it would be a darn shame for us to kill ourselves with the alcohol. If you needed one, she would give you a ride ,but not your liquor. If you were caught out in the boonies and it was raining, snowing, or cold as all get out and you had booze with you, you had to pour it all out on the ground before you could get in the car. Our kids have thanked us for keeping it out of the house.

• Veteran Member

Baradar Jackson, I have thought of a number a of lines for a poem dedicated to yourself. You have a choice: if your inner soosooli wants something to the tune of a Lebanese pop song latmiyya, I can do that and replace the yaaa habibis with yaaa baradars. If you are feeling particularly Hizbollahi, I'll find an properly inqilabi track for you ;)

Bro let the hand of destiny choose the style for you

or anthros need to take a closer look at Arabs and Iranians.

Now, now, let's not confuse the two species'

• Veteran Member

Today is 13 Aban. Don't forget to recite 100 Marg Bar Amrika!

http://www.mashreghnews.ir/fa/news/490852/%D8%B9%DA%A9%D8%B3-%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%87%D9%BE%DB%8C%D9%85%D8%A7%DB%8C%DB%8C-%DB%8C%D9%88%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%84%D9%87-%DB%B1%DB%B3-%D8%A2%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D8%AA%D9%87%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86

Needless to say that:

“The slogan and shout of ‘Death to the US’ by the Iranian nation has strong logical and rational support and stems from the Constitution and fundamental thoughts that brooks no injustice and oppression”

And it goes without saying that the slogan does not mean death to the American nation; this slogan means death to the policies of the US and arrogant powers and this logic is accepted by every nation when explained in clear terms.” 

Leader of the Islamic Revolution.

20m%20x%2047m%20Print.jpg

America is tall because it's standing on the 70 million people who were killed during world wars: Ayatollah Javadi Amoli

Well, for one, "mag bar" translates as "down with".

Second, don't you all remember Ayatollah Khomeini's " Warning to the Nation " , where the Ayatollah spoke out against the Shah cozying-up to the Nazis ???

And as for Iwo Jima, don't you all remember the massacres in China, Unit 731, and the Philippines where the worst atrocities were committed ? ? ?

November 11th is the old Veteran's Day. And like every other year, I post my flag on the house.

• Development Team

That makes so much more sense.  Although I've only got a wee bit of Scottish in me, I've heard "aye" said kind of on an exhale.  It is definitely a very heartfelt thing, but I was thousands of miles off. ;) 

Thank you so much to my Pakistani brothers and sisters.  I love you all for Allah's (may He be worshipped and glorified above all) sake. 

Allahu Ackbar!

I agree with you completely here.  My parents weren't drinkers.  Most of my dad's family actually doesn't drink at all. There's a few stoners in there, but I will argue with anyone that it's not even vaguely the same thing as alcohol.  Anyway, my mom's parents were both drunks.  But their parents weren't.  My great grandfather was a Scots-Irish Congregationalist minister and drinking in his house?  Not a chance.  So it's definitely no more a part of "western" culture than Japanese culture (which is as far from western as it gets, unless you rock the Columbus route).  Some people do it and some people don't. 

Anyway, my parents didn't keep it in the house, and I appreciate that so much.  It's weird that I've always found alcohol and drinking to be abhorrent, but I always have, even though they didn't speak about it as being bad.

Now coffee? I definitely have a problem there.  Well not really a problem.  I could quit anytime.  I just really like it.  A lot.  ;)

Me too, I like coffee but main difference between me and everyone else is I drink black coffee versus creamed,cappuccino, mocha, etc.