Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

i don't always wake up at 4 though, i mean i always stay up after fajr & then if i have nothing to do i sleep at like 9 am & wake up at 4 pm lol

& nope, i try to wake up before it gets too late, i just jump out of bed when i wake up & realize it's getting late & i haven't prayed & then i run to the bathrooms as fast as i can & make wudu & pray right away, that scares my parents every time lolol, they go "ROSA WHY ARE YOU RUNNING, WHAT HAPPENED".. I'M LIKE SALAAAAAH

LOL I had like 2 or 3 hours of sleep last night. Today I woke up at around 7:30; my mum was so shocked and I said yeah I have to go somewhere today :D Edited by IamHussaini

I have a question: is there a difference between an 'aqeeq' ring and any agate/moonstone/emerald etc ring I can buy from any old store?

I am about 80 percent certain agate is aqeeq.

I thought aqeeq is Carnelian.

It might be carnelian. I've heard/read both. Maybe it is both?

http://www.gemselect.com/gem-info/carnelian/carnelian-info.php

Recently, natural carnelian has become extremely rare and in order to keep up with demand, many carnelian stones are actually agate stones that have been dyed and heated to obtain their carnelian colors.

Reading the linked page, it sounds to me that aqeeq is carnelian, though agate is often passed off as carnelian and that is probably why I was mixed up.

^ oh I see! But my question is more like: if I buy a carnelian ring from any old non islamic store, does it still have the spiritual benefits of aqeeq ring?

It sounds like a really stupid question but oh well I still want an answer!

^ oh I see! But my question is more like: if I buy a carnelian ring from any old non islamic store, does it still have the spiritual benefits of aqeeq ring?

It sounds like a really stupid question but oh well I still want an answer!

Can you think of a reason why it wouldn't? I can't.

Observations:

Reading a debate between Shias and Sunnis is like reading a debate between Catholics and Protestants. It is best done while the reader is on Valium.

I always ask myself when seeing these debates if they could get even more boring. They never fail to surprise me. Edited by Bakir

Can you think of a reason why it wouldn't? I can't.

I heard that it is better if you have an aqeeq ring that is is yamani Aqeeq(Aqeeq from yemen). If you buy an aqeeq ring from a non-islamic shop, they might not be able to tell you where the stone is from.

^^^ LCM and repentant, share pics in food thread please... :p that is if there is anything left :(

I just realized a large % of the mods and admins are reverts. Conspiracy much?

I think only half of them are reverts... So relax :)

I just realized a large % of the mods and admins are reverts. Conspiracy much?

What's wrong with us reverts? You say it like it's a bad thing; Allah has guided us to Islam as His perfected religion for us. There is no conspiracy whatsoever.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

That does not surprise me at all to be honest, we do not have faces and names here, only akhlaq and knowledge.

InshaAllah there will be a day when these sisters and brothers are as much accepted in our local communities as they are here and that we do not let our individual cultural backgrounds and back striving ideals and prejudices cloud our minds and judgment.

Please tell me this is not a real problem. Why wouldn't people be happy and welcoming?

There is a giant party on Easter vigil for all the converts or people completing their sacraments in the Church every year and the Mass can be three hours long to welcome them all in. Quite a sight. Then they are invited to join groups for new members ( they've often spent a year in preparation before joining already) and their sponsors help them with any issues ...sometimes for quite a while until they find their feet.