Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please recite fatiha for my grandfather, he left us today!

My Grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I humbly ask you to recite a fateha for him and pray for my mother. May Allah bless the souls of your beloved who passed away and give you all a healthy,long li

Thoughts:   14th November 2015. Happy birthday dad! If you were still here you'd have turned 62 today, about the age people take retirement.   These 23 years have passed real quick.

Posted Images

• Veteran Member

^ You could liquidise it, like people whove had their stomaches stapled have to do :wacko:

´*•.¸¸.•*´´*•.¸.•*´´*•.¸(Official Shia Chat Bear Appreciation Society comment divider)¸.•*´´*•.¸.•*´´*•.¸¸.•*´

I just realised, in the 5 years ive been here ive not once visited 'Yemen War and Conflict', 'Local Community Forums' and 'Links'. I shall go there now to see what ive been missing.

• Veteran Member

Also, please take this advice from me, take care of your teeth from a young age. I never listened to my parents and would consistently eat chocolate and junk food. So many cavities.

Some advice from me to the members: About 10 years ago I had nearly all of my teeth coated with sealant to prevent decaying. It was worth the money because I have had absolutely no problems ever since. Ask your dentist for it. You may save money, and more importantly discomfort in the long run.*

What is a more formal phrase than 'in the long run' ?

Edited by Muhammed Ali
  • Veteran Member

Some advice from me to the members: About 10 years ago I had nearly all of my teeth coated with sealant to prevent decaying. It was worth the money because I have had absolutely no problems ever since. Ask your dentist for it. You may save money, and more importantly discomfort in the long run.*

What is a more formal phrase than 'in the long run' ?

I think I remember a blue liquid being put on my teeth. I think that is a standard practice when filling cavities I think...Thanks for the advice.

Edited by Ethics
  • Advanced Member

Thoughts: Just coming in here for a few to cool my heels after some of our local garden variety white supremacists somehow got into the native local forum and posted up a bunch of their interesting observations about my extended family at a recent native gathering. Started off "Like, who is watching all your ( blankety-blank) dozens and dozens of welfare-sucking children while you people are off making it rain?" ( What?!)..And went downhill from there. After one of my old aunties told them to get off the internet and back on the "hillbilly boat "on a return trip to Europe " or we'll throw you KKK fascists in and you can swim back the long way, we don't care..." we are up to 150 trades of insults, several offers from natives to the supremacists to " check your manhood and meet me at the river if you're going to insult my elders like that instead of hiding behind a keyboard"... and counting. I must say I am amazed at my family's creativity. :-) One or another cousin -in -charge that some of us notified will get on real soon and shut it down, but I think I'm just going to wait it out elsewhere...lol. Maybe watch a movie,although the cousins are honestly more interesting. Guess I should be happy they didn't post up the "Open Season on Indians"...Hunting Notice again ( no bag limits).

At least life is not boring.

Ibrahim got electrocuted by an open wire yesterday - it's still on my mind. another sleepless night.

Is he okay?

Thanks for the PM, Apo...that sort of thing is so scary! Kids get into things so fast!

Edited by LeftCoastMom
  • Veteran Member

Ibrahim got electrocuted by an open wire yesterday - it's still on my mind. another sleepless night.

Allah khair.

I hope it isn't so bad. It's really scary with lill ones poke into open sockets and extension wires. Wish him well and a speedy emotional recovery to you and he.

• Advanced Member

Allah khair.

I hope it isn't so bad. It's really scary with lill ones poke into open sockets and extension wires. Wish him well and a speedy emotional recovery to you and he.

Thank you so much. He's pretty alright now though he was in serious shock yesterday. Fighting with his elder brother right now, so I guess he's back to normal lol

• Moderators

yeah he's alright now, but he's been doing poorly for the past 3-4 days. from nosebleeds to eletrocution and even falling off the stairs - the poor kid has been having it rough.

Apo, first of all gives sadqa for him, set aside a little amount everyday for sadqa. Secondly, makes sure nothing like this nakedness again. Cover all sockets with an insulation tape, the extra ones on the extension too.

Sit the kids down and tell them about the dangers of electrocution and why should they stay away from open wires.

Probably it will be difficult for you to get a baby gate for stairs, but try not to let him go down alone.

May Allah protect all our kids.

• Advanced Member

Apo, first of all gives sadqa for him, set aside a little amount everyday for sadqa. Secondly, makes sure nothing like this nakedness again. Cover all sockets with an insulation tape, the extra ones on the extension too.

Sit the kids down and tell them about the dangers of electrocution and why should they stay away from open wires.

Probably it will be difficult for you to get a baby gate for stairs, but try not to let him go down alone.

May Allah protect all our kids.

Done with the sadqa. Haidar already knows about the things he needs to stay away from, Ibrahim is just too young to understand. Faraz will do the insulation tape thing today, but for the meantime I've locked the room with the open wire. 

• Advanced Member

What is it with people buying their sacrificial animals SO MANY DAYS before eid ul azha and tying them to other peoples' doors? then there are kids who have cow and goat races and make the sort of noise that would make you wish for death? 

i can't bear the stink. even my elder son is complaining. Lord help us till eid day. 

• Veteran Member

What is it with people buying their sacrificial animals SO MANY DAYS before eid ul azha and tying them to other peoples' doors? then there are kids who have cow and goat races and make the sort of noise that would make you wish for death? 

i can't bear the stink. even my elder son is complaining. Lord help us till eid day. 

The earlier you buy the cheaper you get. Can't blame them for taking the trouble given the mehengai that's eating at the wallets of middle-income households.

• Veteran Member

The earlier you buy the cheaper you get. Can't blame them for taking the trouble given the mehengai that's eating at the wallets of middle-income households.

it is not too early either . 14 days to go!

kids playing with goats can actually protect them from developing asthma. but can't blame apo for the smell.

Edited by Chaotic Muslem
  • Advanced Member

Yes I understand the mehengai part but honestly, just because you (the people, not you) want to do the whole sacrifice thing doesn't mean you make life miserable for the rest of us...honestly i needed to meet my son's teacher today and stepping out of my door without stepping on cow dung and pee was nearly impossible...

• Moderators

Yes I understand the mehengai part but honestly, just because you (the people, not you) want to do the whole sacrifice thing doesn't mean you make life miserable for the rest of us...honestly i needed to meet my son's teacher today and stepping out of my door without stepping on cow dung and pee was nearly impossible...

Maybe politely ask the neighbor to tie his animal elsewhere?

• Advanced Member

Maybe politely ask the neighbor to tie his animal elsewhere?

I've told Faraz to do it, but I don't think that's going to happen because the other side of the road is pretty much broken. Sigh, the next 14 days are going to be sheer miserable.

When I see your new profile pic I think your quite confused. But nice try Magma. I guess you are the one who lives in the fantasy world. Would you care to elaborate?

Khomeini disliked Shariati and his left wing Marxist inspired views, but try to instead leave Shariati and his popular views in ambiguity! Khomeini proved himself as the all hard line and conservative Marja. He purged all the Islamic leftists like Barzagan and Banisadr after the revolution and would have done the same to Shariati. 

Khomeini used Shariati and these leftists to establish his support, after the revolution he blackmailed them all because he had other plans for the Islamic Republic.

I guess it time to change it back to the good old Link you use to have as your avatar.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the 1960s, Dr. Shariati's critique of Islamic tradition became increasingly sharp with respect to the role of clerics in Islamic history, and the last four hundred years of Iran's history, since the Safavid dynasty, in particular. Hence, he divided Islam and Shiism into two kinds: One, Alavi Shiism (also called red Shiism), going back to Imam Ali, the Shiites' first Imam, and cousin and son-in-law of the Prophet. This, in Shariati's view, represented true, genuine and pure Islam.

The other, Safavid Shiism, referred to the religion that the ruling class uses to oppress and repress the masses, and in which the clerics, who have forfeited Alavi Shiism, play a greedy, self-serving and corrupt role. For that reason, Dr. Shariati rejected a special role for the clergy in society.

Due to this outlook, Dr. Shariati was criticized and attacked by many clerics. Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini criticized him for some of his views. Ayatollah Mohammad Taghi Mesbah Yazdi, the ultra-reactionary cleric and the spiritual advisor of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, went even further and accused Dr. Shariati of heresy. So even though Dr. Shariati played a fundamental role in igniting the Revolution, he was not appreciated by the establishment after 1979.

Edited by Zendegi
  • Veteran Member

it is not too early either . 14 days to go!

By local practice we buy our animals on the eve of the Eid, or a day or two before at the maximum. But now I see more and more people buying them weeks ahead. A family in the next street bought a couple of goats a month or so ago, maybe earlier. They'd have paid twice the price had they bought it on the eve of the Eid.

I can sympathise. Can't stand the smell myself. They should keep the goats inside their house and not let them roam the streets. There is a place I go by where they have tied a smelly thing to the phone poll on the street, next to their front door. The angry goat bellows at every passerby. Not to mention the mess all round the place.

#authenticdesimahol.