Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

You know what I really really really despsise ''mean jokes'' that only degrade and shame someone, with the idea that they are suposedly done  out of ''love''. You see it amongst friends and alike. Why would you say such mean stuff? there are lots of good spirited teasing jokes in this world. Why do we have to go so far and degrade someone for entertainement? and then disguise it as a wel intentioned Joke ? is that how you interact with a fellow human being?

I love jokes but I never make them at the cost of someone's honour espechially if I know someone well, yet it is never the other way around. I know people I never mock or whatsoever but they find it absolutely not problem to mock me once in a while.  And no its no the harmless ''haha you're so clumsy'' kind of jokes, but really degrading mean remarks. Really in what way do people rationalize that as well intented ? (because thats always the repsonse if you ask someone why he would say such a thing)

I used to punch people in the face when I was a little kid for stupid jokes, now that im an adult I cant do that anymore now I justt have swallow my frustration, until one day I shoot everyone in the store or something I dont know.

Oh well may Allah's (SWT) help be always near.

so someone around me just bought a stupid stinkin' perfume worth $4000 and her husband bought a car worth $12000 - where do these people get their money? I know i shouldn't get jealous or feel envious, but heck after you've lived on a writer's pay (that too per post) for the past 5 years and barely make enough to get through the month with your children not even getting their basic necessities, you do feel taken aback about things. I thank the Lord for all His blessings, but seriously, why not my kids? why can't they live a good life? thankless i know, but when you have to lie to your kid everyday about meager things like toys and chocolates it does start getting to you.

thankless i know, but honestly, why do people have to be such show-offs?  

You know what I really really really despsise ''mean jokes'' that only degrade and shame someone, with the idea that they are suposedly done  out of ''love''. You see it amongst friends and alike. Why would you say such mean stuff? there are lots of good spirited teasing jokes in this world. Why do we have to go so far and degrade someone for entertainement? and then disguise it as a wel intentioned Joke ? is that how you interact with a fellow human being?

I love jokes but I never make them at the cost of someone's honour espechially if I know someone well, yet it is never the other way around. I know people I never mock or whatsoever but they find it absolutely not problem to mock me once in a while.  And no its no the harmless ''haha you're so clumsy'' kind of jokes, but really degrading mean remarks. Really in what way do people rationalize that as well intented ? (because thats always the repsonse if you ask someone why he would say such a thing)

I used to punch people in the face when I was a little kid for stupid jokes, now that im an adult I cant do that anymore now I justt have swallow my frustration, until one day I shoot everyone in the store or something I dont know.

Oh well may Allah's ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì help be always near.

Bro why so emotional? It's called joking.

Guest silasun

Yuck... i

I have a really tough exam on tuesday for uni entry.... need your duas

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Hasbi Allah wa n3mal waqeel.

Whoever is doing that to you, remove yourself from there presence. If you are unable to do so, tell them I'd rather you not share jokes with me anymore, thank you. If they ask you why not? Say I'm not in the mood and please respect my request.

Brother, words do hurt. I can relate, especially if it is from close relatives or friends. Just a rule of thumb, treat others how you would like to be treated. With the people you surround yourself with, you just need to be serious and strict with them otherwise, they will continue to say hurtful jokes.

Please don't do anything irrational like physically hurting someone. If you do need to let it out, I recommend you get a boxing heavy bag, speed bag and train yourself and concentrate your anger at the equipment. Also, talk to Allah swt outloud during sujood about what you are going through, whatever it may be. Allah swt will bring ease to your heart and will help you find solutions.

God bless you and help you.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Oh well may Allah's ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì help be always near.

I swear I think newspapers in the US and the UK have contests with each other to see who can say the most ridiculous thing about Iran.

Who writes this stuff?

I could write the same comment inserting Trump for Iran.

worry about helping

The kids know you are trying, and someday they will appreciate it.

I remember a story starlight related about her children and cookies.

Never expect a child the "appreciate" much of anything.

Been there, dear. Actually, I've been poor and I've been "middle class", and poor is easier if you're a person who thinks and cares about others. If you are barely surviving yourself, you don't have to worry about helping others.

But I completely understand wanting things for your kids, not for yourself. One year for his birthday, the only gift my son wanted was to go out to the park, because he knew that was all I could afford. The kids know you are trying, and someday they will appreciate it.

Kids definitely understand. My elder son has stopped demanding things like toys and color books etc. I think you're right about the poor part - i care a lot about others and do whatever is possible whenever I have the means, but in the current state, that is just not possible and I don't feel guilty too. 

Somehow, I know one day my kids will appreciate what I am doing - and that's really all the reward i want :) 

Some nice articles on parenting

http://www.drmarlo.com/?page_id=95

I remember a story starlight related about her children and cookies.

Never expect a child the "appreciate" much of anything.

Kids definitely understand.

Somehow, I know one day my kids will appreciate what I am doing - and that's really all the reward i want :)

Apo and hasanhh , parenting isn't a thankless job like most people say as long we don't have to high expectations. There is no instant gratification but with time kids appreciate what you have done for them.

Salam

My thoughts right now are how to get through the coming week. I am on leave and going away to Belgium with my totally unhappy Husband. Who is always bored no matter what we do.

Apo and hasanhh , parenting isn't a thankless job like most people say as long we don't have to high expectations. There is no instant gratification but with time kids appreciate what you have done for them.

that's what I said - they'll appreciate it in the long run

Nope, it is precisely that part I have been trying to avoid. I'm done with most of the theory (probably only 1k words remaining which is nothing) and bibliography. Probably the remaining 40 pages are mostly filling tables while playing this game. If I was completely free to do it calmly and slowly I would even enjoy the game but this is a whole new level of boredom xD!

May Allah make us among the Shi'a of Imam al-Ridha [as], here is a wonderful hadith which has been translated by our very own Admin, brother Qa'im. He has also translated other gems which we have inherited from our Prophet [sawa] and his blessed family, and they would be available on;

1) On some of the threads on here (sometimes started by him or he is replying to comments).

2) On his personal website, Imamiyya.

3) On his Facebook page (this particular hadith is from his FB page).

Imam ar-Rida [a] said,

"God’s blessings are like a camel tied up near a river where it rests. The people can benefit from it as long as they treat it well. However, as soon as they mistreat it, it will leave them and they will lose it.”

25 - حَدَّثَنا أَبي رَضِىَ اللهُ عَنْهُ قالَ: حَدَّثَنا عَلِىِّ بْنِ إِبراهِيمِ بْنِ هاشِم عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى بْنِ عُبِيْد عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عرفة قالَ: قالَ أَبُو الحَسَن الرِّضا عَلَيْهِ السَّلامُ: يَا ابْنَ عَرَفَةَ إِنَّ النِّعَمَ كَالإِبِلِ الْمَعْقُولَةِ فِي عَطَنِهَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ مَا أَحْسَنُوا جِوَارَهَا فَإِذَا أَسَاءُوا مُعَامَلَتَهَا وَإِنَالَتَهَا نَفَرَتْ عَنْهُمْ.

(`Uyoon Akhbar ar-Rida)

Edited by The Batman

Guest silasun

I really love my brothers and sisters on SC. You're all a bunch of legends :wub:

The ultimate, final, non-negotiable list of bad drivers:

African Women

Old (+65) Women

Hijabi Women

So if you see an old African woman in hijab on the road with you, say your shahada, because chance are, it's the end.

(I mean this in a pleasant, informative, non-racist/sexist/islamophobic kind of way.)

The ultimate, final, non-negotiable list of bad drivers:

African Women

Old (+65) Women

Hijabi Women

So if you see an old African woman in hijab on the road with you, say your shahada, because chance are, it's the end.

(I mean this in a pleasant, informative, non-racist/sexist/islamophobic kind of way.)

loool, I think if you pay a visit to Pakistan you will revise your list.... without negotiations.... :D

post-64126-0-96073700-1440954932_thumb.j

^^  the sole reason for the word 'idiot'  being in my vocabulary :P 

loool, I think if you pay a visit to Pakistan you will revise your list.... without negotiations.... :D

attachicon.gif935124-qinxcopy-1439137813-406-640x480.jpg

^^  the sole reason for the word 'idiot'  being in my vocabulary :P

But that picture is quite reasonable for Pakistan isn't it? (By Pakistani standards) I've seen worse. But true, my list applies to Europe.

Thank you for the link about parenting. I will have to look at those articles. :)

so someone around me just bought a stupid stinkin' perfume worth $4000 and her husband bought a car worth $12000 -

I'm sure you've missed a zero.

Frankly speaking, in a country with about half the population living below UN defined poverty live such wealth is most often is acquired through shady means. Our predatory capitalism has created a class of opportunists whose only path to riches is what we know all too well, what with epic stories of corruption all around us.

I know I should not just simply suspect any uber-rich for having acquired their wealth through questionable means, but the more I have found out about my rich acquaintances the more I have understood the mystery of their riches (and often of their meritorious rise).

A relative of mine who is today an established builder, and under whose banner I often operate for PR purposes, owned a rickety motorbike only 12 years ago. He used to beg us to find him house building contracts with our well off family members. Now when I visit his 25 kanal farmhouse I see two mercedezes E class and an Audi parked along with his PKR 14 million "jeep."

I know his story.

Edited by Marbles

Sis Hameedeh, does the change of colour in your pic symbolise anything? like, when its red are you angry?

Oh, no -- my red headscarf is for happy. I put it a few days ago for the birthday of the 8th Imam AS. :)

parenting isn't a thankless job like most people say as long we don't have to high expectations. There is no instant gratification but with time kids appreciate what you have done for them.

A child will some day appreciate a parent. Until I got married and had a child, I took my parents for granted. When I had one little baby to take care of, I realized how much my mother sacrificed for me, and I was humbled by the hard work my father did, working two jobs to take care of my Mom, my three brothers and me. :wub: