Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

I seperate compassion from emotion. Emotional is like crying cause your phone broke, or you cry cause someone annoyed you.

I would assume that the root cause which led the statistic to put Iraq at one of the top would be based on the fact that Iraq has the highest concentration of Shias in the world to practice the rituals in commemorating the Shahadah of the Ahlulbayt(i.e every Muharram, millions of Zuwar enter Karbala and Najaf alone and most of them are Iraqis). So it might be based on such emotions that the research is basing Iraq's results on. 

No, your definition is wrong. What you describe is called "stupid", " immature", or "self centered" and has nothing to do with being emotional. I'm sure that isn't what the graphic is depicting.

Give me an example of emotion.

I would assume that the root cause which led the statistic to put Iraq at one of the top would be based on the fact that Iraq has the highest concentration of Shias in the world to practice the rituals in commemorating the Shahadah of the Ahlulbayt(i.e every Muharram, millions of Zuwar enter Karbala and Najaf alone and most of them are Iraqis). So it might be based on such emotions that the research is basing Iraq's results on. 

I doubt it, because then Iran would be up there

Since we have dua for almost everything like sickness,days of the week etc. Is there a special dua for catching fish. I'm going fishing. I'm tired of coming back empty handed and buying from the market and telling my family this is what I caught today.

Lool Marty, just raise your hand & make your own Du3a, "Ya Allah, help me catch lots & lots & lots of fishes so i won't go back empty handed & end up buying from the market & tricking my family by making them think this is what i caught etc.."

May Allah accept  :D

Edited by Rosa Leema

Crying on Ashura.

Yah that's awesome, Why do the pictures i post keep disappearing? It's not even funny anymore. 

It could be related to the site youre trying to link to. If in doubt, save the pic to a photobucket type site and link to it from there.

Lool Marty, just raise your hand & make your own Du3a, "Ya Allah, help me catch lots & lots & lots of fishes so i won't go back empty handed & end up buying from the market & tricking my family by making them think this is what i caught etc.."

May Allah accept  :D

yeah I'm say Ya rab if the fishes are sleeping wake them up ya rab if the fishes are full open their appetite.

In what way?

Lack of emotion is a sign of psychosis. Lack of ability to appropriately show emotion is a sign of immaturity. Which of these two is honorable?

Yeah, the manly thing to do is to control your emotions so they don't control your life and it is perfectly normal and honorable to have emotions. What notme said about lack of emotions kind of puts a damp on the idea that being emotionless is manly, Ibrahimi. I am sure that there's nothing manly about psychosis or immaturity, right?

Used a straight razor for the first time... started bleeding like hell lol

That's because you are a Wahhabi and the straight razor didn’t like your pink, lice - ridden beard.

First time i post in this thread but we had some funny stuff go down today thought worth the share,

So my mum is in her room and she looks across out the window and sees some guy waving at her on the opposite side of the street, so she gets agitated and the guy continues, she signs to him shes going to phone the police if he keeps going but all he says is yes! yes call them! 

So my mum got fed up with this guy always looking into our window, so she tells my dad and he goes over to knock on the door and this chinese fellow opens and my dad explains how this man is being a harasssment so they guy at the door says ohh okay thanks we'll take care of him.

The man disappears for a couple days never to be seen again on the window. 

Later this day Police knock on our door and ask to come in ( my family immediately blames me saying i torrent movies ) and they say:

"Theres a man whos been kidnapped and held hostage working illegaly opposite to your house and he says he told you to call the police but you never did"

Now at this point my parents couldnt comprehend lol so we go outside, and the police(SWAT) have smashed into the windows and found the poor man locked in the room. As offended as he is since we did nothing ( not that we knew what are the chances lol) the worst part is my dad TOLD the kidnappers hes trying to escape and they made him pay a price for trying. The poor guy now hates our family forever.

Moral of the story, whenever you see a Chinese hostage waving at you to phone the police because they are forced into tough labour, just call the police and dont go warn the kidnappers and kill any chance of the man's hope to escape. I hope this is of great benefit to you as im sure we all face this situation on a daily basis. 

True story lol no joke

I make many "honest mistakes" like this and I get punished for them. Why do we receive punishments for honest mistakes? This is a good story for anti-hijab campaign :). 

Indian sisters told they will be repeatedly gang-raped as punishment for their brother's crime launch appeal at Supreme Court

Two sisters who have been told they will be repeatedly gang-raped as a “punishment” for the crimes committed by their brother have pleaded with the Supreme Court to be protected.

The pair fled their village after an all-male council "ruled" that they should be raped, have their faces blackened and then be paraded naked because the brother eloped with a married woman from a higher caste.

The council called this an eye-for-eye form of justice.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/indian-sisters-fleeing-rape-punishment-appeal-to-supreme-court-for-protection-10476581.html

This seems slightly over the top, would an eye for an eye not call for raping the brother?

Edited by Ali_Hussain

I doubt it, because then Iran would be up there

Not really. There is Ziyarat done to the Ma'sumeen in Iran but no commemoration done to them at the extent and rate that is done on 'Ashura in Iraq. In other words, Karbala is what led Iraq to show up in those statisitcs and if Karbala was in Iran, you would see Iran instead of Iraq in that chart..

Shedding tears for Sayed al-Shuhadah(as)?

As others have mentioned. Plus indignation at injustice, joy for the joys of others, sadness over our sins...

Guest silasun

The sheer disappointment some of you must have suffered when you realise the name "shiacat" is taken...

So I've been thinking and have realized countries in the southern hemisphere are worse off than people in the northern hemisphere (in terms of economy mostly). I wonder why ..

Maybe the cold winter has made them hardworking people over the years.

Edited by Tonks

Tonks, it is usually like that. The north over the South, the West over the East, in a general sense (there are tons of exceptions). Bur this model is not only applied generally to the world geographics but to regional one. My city by itself follows a similar economical hierarchy. The country by itself does.

One of the “rarest creatures in the world” has been spotted for only the third time ever off the coast of Papua New Guinea by a US biologist.

Peter Ward, a professor of biology at the University of Washington in the US, first saw Allonautilus scrobiculatus in 1984.

The creatures, which are thought to have survived two ice ages and pre-date dinosaurs, have only been seen by two people in the world – making them one of the planet’s most elusive and unknown inhabitants.

A species of nautilus, distant cousins of squid and cuttlefish, they have been christened the “living fossils” of the oceans’ waters due to the distinctive shells that appear as fossils over a 500 million year period.

Allonautilus3.jpg

Allonautilus1.jpg

But the animals are threatened by extinction thanks to illegal fishing and mining operations.

“As it stands now, nautilus mining could cause nautiluses to go extinct,” Mr Ward told the University of Washington news.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/allonautilus-scrobiculatus-worlds-rarest-sea-creature-spotted-for-the-first-time-in-30-years-10476463.html

They look cute and are a very interesting living fossil.

So I've been thinking and have realized countries in the southern hemisphere are worse off than people in the northern hemisphere (in terms of economy mostly). I wonder why ..

Maybe the cold winter has made them hardworking people over the years.

Because we have terms like "up north" and "down south."

The hierarchy of linguistic pointers reflect the mundane reality.

subhanAllah, indeed Allah swt is beyond imagination! What magnificent creatures! What magnificent beings! What magnificent creatures that we dont know of, which exist, not only in this world, but the universe. All should submit to Allah swt the grand king of kings.

One of the “rarest creatures in the world” has been spotted for only the third time ever off the coast of Papua New Guinea by a US biologist.

Peter Ward, a professor of biology at the University of Washington in the US, first saw Allonautilus scrobiculatus in 1984.

The creatures, which are thought to have survived two ice ages and pre-date dinosaurs, have only been seen by two people in the world – making them one of the planet’s most elusive and unknown inhabitants.

A species of nautilus, distant cousins of squid and cuttlefish, they have been christened the “living fossils” of the oceans’ waters due to the distinctive shells that appear as fossils over a 500 million year period.

Allonautilus3.jpg

Allonautilus1.jpg

But the animals are threatened by extinction thanks to illegal fishing and mining operations.

“As it stands now, nautilus mining could cause nautiluses to go extinct,” Mr Ward told the University of Washington news.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/allonautilus-scrobiculatus-worlds-rarest-sea-creature-spotted-for-the-first-time-in-30-years-10476463.html

so beautiful...so magnificent..the calmness that surrounds them...sigh...

I swear I think newspapers in the US and the UK have contests with each other to see who can say the most ridiculous thing about Iran.

"In Iran, women who go out in public without covering their faces can be imprisoned and fined for breaking the law."

Who writes this stuff?

Lol, for me it is xD! It is mainly because of the academic fancy language. Plus my nearly pathological drive not to write a paragraph without adding at least a reference.

I can, though, put my academic dignity in a lonely corner and do it fast by making some fake tables -.- lol. After all the conclusions of my research will remain the same. I have to play and finish the videogame Chrono Trigger and HONESTLY, I'm seriously SICK of it. Like seriously XD!

Lol, for me it is xD! It is mainly because of the academic fancy language. Plus my nearly pathological drive not to write a paragraph without adding at least a reference.

I can, though, put my academic dignity in a lonely corner and do it fast by making some fake tables -.- lol. After all the conclusions of my research will remain the same. I have to play and finish the videogame Chrono Trigger and HONESTLY, I'm seriously SICK of it. Like seriously XD!

lol @ fake tables .... i can relate to that :D

I swear I think newspapers in the US and the UK have contests with each other to see who can say the most ridiculous thing about Iran.

"In Iran, women who go out in public without covering their faces can be imprisoned and fined for breaking the law."

Who writes this stuff?

The worst thing is, if you click on the link, it isn't even talking about the niqab.