Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

That's interesting. Teaching Quran by words and teaching against Quran's teachings by actions! 

Now we should wait and see that which of these two teachings will be learnt by students. I don't think these kinds of classes are helpful.

i know brother but that's how most teachers here teach the quran. i dont know about shia teachers, but this is the norm in sunni teachers - all the kids in my in-laws get beaten this way. 

i think i'll talk to this guy to stay away from beatings.

Apo, we can't force children or be strict with them even to offer namaz until the time it becomes wajib on them so how is it allowed to slap children to make them read Quran?

Why do you depend on a moulvi? Why don't you teach him yourself?

I let him play one of the Assasins Creed games.

The one he snuck and downloaded, Grand Theft Auto, he had asked me before and I said no based on Common Sense Media reviews. He has also been acting a bit sketchy online, so I upgraded the parental controls software. He complained this evening that everything he's been doing for the past few months is over. *sigh*

How long will they be teenagers?

until they move the heck out....

My little heart cannot bear

Qalbi assaghir la yata7ammal

lol it is an arabic meme , it is interesting to know its origin.

116.jpg

Lol @ ^

It's by Rumi

Apo, we can't force children or be strict with them even to offer namaz until the time it becomes wajib on them so how is it allowed to slap children to make them read Quran?

Why do you depend on a moulvi? Why don't you teach him yourself?

Because I'm not good at reading arabic .. i haven't been near the quran in over a decade and starting fresh is a challenge for me, let alone teaching Haider....

"I don't fear death so much as I fear its prologues: loneliness, decrepitude, pain, debilitation, depression, senility. After a few years of those, I imagine death presents like a holiday at the beach" -- Mary Roach

'Here is the tragedy: when you are the victim of depression, not only do you feel utterly helpless and abandoned by the world, you also know that very few people can understand, or even begin to believe, that life can be this painful. There is nothing I can think of that is quite as isolating as this" -- Giles Andreae

i find myself completely relating to those..

so Haidar got his first slap from the guy who teaches him quran today. i dont like this at all. there are ways to teach a kid his age and beating isn't one of them. i remember how bad i hated my parents and the woman who used to teach me quran for treating me this way. i dont want him to go through all that. any advice on whether i should let this guy continue or not?

Stop him. Ask him to go soft. Don't let his view of the Quran get overwhelmed by fear of his Qaari sahib. 

caring for others make us human.

True... But we need to take care of ourselves too in order to be able to care for and support others. :)

Because I'm not good at reading arabic .. i haven't been near the quran in over a decade and starting fresh is a challenge for me, let alone teaching Haider....

I honestly think that guy should get slotted in the face.

I honestly think that guy should get slotted in the face.

That's not how to teach children the Qur'an. Only a moron would include a dose of child abuse along with religious education. 

Can hardly think of a better combination that could lead to kufr and resentment towards religion in general.

I'm going to talk to him about it today. I remember the resentment and hatred i had towards my parents and the lady who taught me Quran in a similar manner. I dont want him to have that.

I'm going to talk to him about it today. I remember the resentment and hatred i had towards my parents and the lady who taught me Quran in a similar manner. I dont want him to have that.

Insha'Allah, you will make the man the reality of the harm he is doing.

Only a moron would include a dose of child abuse along with religious education.

In that case most of the teachers in Eastern countries are morons. Because slapping is one of the common forms of teacher-student communication.

"I don't fear death so much as I fear its prologues: loneliness, decrepitude, pain, debilitation, depression, senility. After a few years of those, I imagine death presents like a holiday at the beach" -- Mary Roach

'Here is the tragedy: when you are the victim of depression, not only do you feel utterly helpless and abandoned by the world, you also know that very few people can understand, or even begin to believe, that life can be this painful. There is nothing I can think of that is quite as isolating as this" -- Giles Andreae

i find myself completely relating to those..

What about your parents, and siblings. Do they know about your predicament. You seem to be an educated person. You can get a job, may be a teacher at school where you could put your children too. You need to start improving your situation even if it's one step at a time. Opening yourself on net won't do it for you, except for getting some sympathy, which will only make you feel good for a very short period of time. 

What about your parents, and siblings. Do they know about your predicament. You seem to be an educated person. You can get a job, may be a teacher at school where you could put your children too. You need to start improving your situation even if it's one step at a time. Opening yourself on net won't do it for you, except for getting some sympathy, which will only make you feel good for a very short period of time. 

Thank you akamp - those were just general quotes i was going through and not meant for 'sympathy'. i already have a job and with two young kids i dont find it suitable to work in a 9-5 setting of some sort. teaching is out of the question. i do not open myself up on the net to seek sympathy - i do it to get people to see the different situations that surround humans in general and to seek advice from people who may be knowledgeable in the matter. 

Thank you akamp - those were just general quotes i was going through and not meant for 'sympathy'. i already have a job and with two young kids i dont find it suitable to work in a 9-5 setting of some sort. teaching is out of the question. i do not open myself up on the net to seek sympathy - i do it to get people to see the different situations that surround humans in general and to seek advice from people who may be knowledgeable in the matter. 

Off course you don't do it for sympathy, but it will not help. 

Advise: Involve your parents and siblings, even if you are estranged from them. You talk about every thing but never about them.

I wish that someone who is sitting in a topic waiting for people to reply would refresh the page and see that someone has already replied!

Firefox add-ons are great.  I use Stylish, that lets me look at pages as all-dark themes with black background and white text (I'm using now).  I also used it to remove all Youtube comments and eliminate the related videos thing on the right side, to eliminate all distractions.  One of the best decisions I've made in some time. 

Often times I wish this forum was more active with more members.  It's disheartening to come back and see that nobody has responded to a thread in several hours (days even).  I guess I'm the kind of guy who just wants more buzz.

I agree with you, Magma. Shiachat could use some buzz,you know?

so my cat's eye infection is gone - she's happy and that makes me happy :D

the newly adopted cat family is doing well. my in-laws are going to lose their mind but heck, my house my cats. 

I really want to choke the guy who invented this auto correct nonsense.

I am typing. A computer is useless without me. It's a worthless decrepit, lifeless machine. I am the one which breaths life into it.

I am using excel.

I want to put 01/06/94

This is an abbreviation for 1st Shahrivar 1394.

If I put it in excel it will "correct" this to 1/6/1994.

I mean even setting aside the cultural difference here... what if I don't want the stupid 1994? What if I want 94? What if I want to keep my zeroes? What business does Microsoft have telling me how to write my goddamn dates? Let alone "correcting" them to an incorrect date.

And then making me waste time fiddling with the settings trying to find a way around it. It's so absurd. I just want to type what I want to type. It's times like this when I want to see every disgusting, worthless piece of time-wasting c.rap compter burn. burn. burn. I would revel in its burning.

I really want to choke the guy who invented this auto correct nonsense.

I am typing. A computer is useless without me. It's a worthless decrepit, lifeless machine. I am the one which breaths life into it.

I am using excel.

I want to put 01/06/94

This is an abbreviation for 1st Shahrivar 1394.

If I put it in excel it will "correct" this to 1/6/1994.

I mean even setting aside the cultural difference here... what if I don't want the stupid 1994? What if I want 94? What if I want to keep my zeroes? What business does Microsoft have telling me how to write my goddamn dates? Let alone "correcting" them to an incorrect date.

And then making me waste time fiddling with the settings trying to find a way around it. It's so absurd. I just want to type what I want to type. It's times like this when I want to see every disgusting, worthless piece of time-wasting c.rap compter burn. burn. burn. I would revel in its burning.

So much anger on a machine.

Btw you can change the way you put your date on excel ..go to the dates option and select which one you prefer.