Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

That news quip reminds me of my first day of 1st Grade.

Watching old movies --well, they weren't old then-- I had the idea that teachers are men.

So, my first day if first grade, all these dumb women --errr "mommies" l guess is the PC way is to express it-- were clogging up the class room and I was waiting for the teacher to come in.

Kept waiting.

Finally, the "cloggers" get out, and this older woman starts talking, telling us what to do.

I realize, this is the teacher. blank

And I swear under the curse of Allah-swt that I sat there and said to myself, "OH No. Not another mommy".

As I kinda remember, I was sad all day.

In becoming a mother at 50, Wade-Gery is flouting the speculation, pressure and judgment that are brought down on any woman who dares act outside the prescribed template. It is not for anyone to judge if a woman has no babies, three babies in three decades by three different fathers or adopts alone in her 40s. Indeed, this anti-patriarchal behaviour, which undercuts the nuclear family and makes partnership with men a peripheral concern, is something to celebrate.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/aug/19/laura-wade-gery-marks-spencer-baby-50

And they say feminism isn't about undermining the family...

The world really is going mad. What really baffles me are all those idiots in the East who think this is something to emulate.

http://www.dw.com/en/fanning-the-flames-of-hatred/a-18596406....theGermans...whining about refugees but not about their gouvernments actions to support war which led ppl to leave their former save and peaceful country.

my thoughts: it's disgusting.

Edited by mina313

The reason you see Syrian, Libyan, or Afghan refugees and not Iranian one is that Iranians were not fooled...if you remember it all started from Iran- the green movement....i put my disgust with local populations who are fooled through rabbit in the hat tricks of sect, religion, or democracy. Its their fault.

^ tashakkor

The traffic lights, signs, and rules in this country was designed by some genius fascist or something. Every light has a no U-turn sign. 95 percent of them are complete rubbish as there is plenty of room to make a U-turn and there is even a special "left turn light." What's the excuse for not allowing a U-turn then? Wanting people to waste their lives on these stupid roads???

Why so many lights? Most of them are completely useless. Replace them with... nothing... and nobody will die, trust me. The worst part is when some people actually try and follow this nonsense. "Oh... I can't U-turn here." OK, enjoy driving 30 miles until the next chance, guy.

The roads here are anti-freedom. Everything is controlled so meticulously it's enough to make me puke.

^ tashakkor

The traffic lights, signs, and rules in this country was designed by some genius fascist or something. Every light has a no U-turn sign. 95 percent of them are complete rubbish as there is plenty of room to make a U-turn and there is even a special "left turn light." What's the excuse for not allowing a U-turn then? Wanting people to waste their lives on these stupid roads???

Why so many lights? Most of them are completely useless. Replace them with... nothing... and nobody will die, trust me. The worst part is when some people actually try and follow this nonsense. "Oh... I can't U-turn here." OK, enjoy driving 30 miles until the next chance, guy.

The roads here are anti-freedom. Everything is controlled so meticulously it's enough to make me puke.

Happy birthday! :) 

Yes, let's.

What can we do?

If the business is primarily online, we won't be hurt by the fact that we are all around the world.

Yea that's what I was thinking, some massive company like Amazon or something like that LOL where we can work from home.........

Selling stuff is the real deal or home call centers offering our services to big companies, or a translation company.... there are many things to do online :) 

Yea that's what I was thinking, some massive company like Amazon or something like that LOL where we can work from home.........

Selling stuff is the real deal or home call centers offering our services to big companies, or a translation company.... there are many things to do online :)

How about an Islamic online department store, selling clothing, books (translation services?), packaged food, housewares, clean entertainment, and providing a database of Shia professionals who can provide services, such as lawyers, engineers, architects, tutors, accountants, graphic design, and so on.

Yessss ^

And since we are spread out in all the continents we can even do custom orders for things like clothes, hijabs, Islamic jewellery, etc

How about an Islamic online department store, selling clothing, books (translation services?), packaged food, housewares, clean entertainment, and providing a database of Shia professionals who can provide services, such as lawyers, engineers, architects, tutors, accountants, graphic design, and so on.

Sounds perfect!! I have a major in business administration marketing which I hate but if i can use for any Islamic purpose I'll love it :) 

So we need the website developers first..

Fundraising first? :o 

We can now have an icon under our username that reads "Business Team" 

Yessss ^

And since we are spread out in all the continents we can even do custom orders for things like clothes, hijabs, Islamic jewellery, etc

This could be huge! I'm thinking of an online mall basically, with many stores that are run by Shia individuals (or even maybe later non-shia who agree to the founding principles) who help and support each other while each does business individually and pays a portion of their earnings to the site for maintenance. I wonder how much interest there is in such a site?

When the movers arrive and I have my computer, I'm willing to experiment with it. The only special skills I have are land development and getting along with people, but I'm always eager to learn new things. My two teenagers can help me with website design and graphic design.

interesting ideas there.

between all that, my knee pain is going to be the end of me now.

Apo are you taking any other pain killer besides Voren? Have you started using Brexin?

Also start taking Cartigen plus, its a very good supplement for those suffering from arthritis.

This could be huge! I'm thinking of an online mall basically, with many stores that are run by Shia individuals (or even maybe later non-shia who agree to the founding principles) who help and support each other while each does business individually and pays a portion of their earnings to the site for maintenance. I wonder how much interest there is in such a site?

When the movers arrive and I have my computer, I'm willing to experiment with it. The only special skills I have are land development and getting along with people, but I'm always eager to learn new things. My two teenagers can help me with website design and graphic design.

Yea and the shia brothers and sisters that don't have businesses can work in all the other things needed to run the website, customer service, design, maintenance, promotion, etc

It would be great that we all can help each other in creating full time/part time jobs inshAllah for whomever needs it or at least support each other in buying/selling, and services we all can provide, from translations to tutoring, etc.....

In other words, we will teach Jews how to do business. 

interesting ideas there.

between all that, my knee pain is going to be the end of me now.

Why the knee pain? have you tried a warm compress? 

I had to change the parental controls password on my son's Xbox. I suspect he used his birthday gift card to buy an M-rated game. So since he appears to have already downloaded the game, will he now need the password to open and play it? Also, is there a way around Xbox parental controls? (And if there is, would anyone here tell me?)

I had to change the parental controls password on my son's Xbox. I suspect he used his birthday gift card to buy an M-rated game. So since he appears to have already downloaded the game, will he now need the password to open and play it? Also, is there a way around Xbox parental controls? (And if there is, would anyone here tell me?)

Oh boy. I suggest removing credit card information off the xbox in general. All my little cousins have an xbox, I tell their parents, never ever to put their real information or credit cards on it. Just buy the subscription from a local store. For parental controls, you can create your own password and block all mature or what ever audience you want. Here is the support for it

xbox360 http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/security/xbox-live-parental-control

xboxone http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/xbox-one-manage-privacy-and-online-safety

Notme, if he has access to the password, he would be able to bypass the parental control, otherwise he shouldn't be able to. Xbox security is decent.

Best thing is that you review that game, if it is ok, add it as an exception to the parental control (you should be able to do so).

Ratings in tgis industry are a complex thing, pretty much related to factors that have nothing to do with a honest evaluation of the game lol. Many mature games are actually targeted at kids, as developers and publishers know they will buy those games. It is just a marketing strategy, and the rating in this case rather than being a reason not to buy a game, is part of the reason to buy it. Many ~16yo gamers consider the +18 rating something to be proud of when they play a mature game. After all, teens tend to be like that :p. Other games, however, are rated as mature when they aren't, just because they have some blood. Ratings can be just and unjust in many cases, so it's always better to review games instead of taking the ratings much into consideration.

If a developer wants to bypass a mature rating even if the game is mature, he can do so with certain known tricks. Things like changing the blood color to green instead of red, for example. I tell you this because as a graphic artist, I have suffered these last hour changes that translated into more extra work hours lol.

Edited by Bakir

Oh boy. I suggest removing credit card information off the xbox in general. All my little cousins have an xbox, I tell their parents, never ever to put their real information or credit cards on it. Just buy the subscription from a local store. For parental controls, you can create your own password and block all mature or what ever audience you want. Here is the support for it

xbox360 http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/security/xbox-live-parental-control

xboxone http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/xbox-one-manage-privacy-and-online-safety

Thanks. He just used his birthday present gift card to buy an M-rated game that his friend plays, and then he lied about it. I'm sure it's perfectly normal behavior for 13-year-olds, but still unacceptable, more the sneaking and lying than the game itself.

And I never put my credit card info into anything that I can't control.

Thanks. He just used his birthday present gift card to buy an M-rated game that his friend plays, and then he lied about it. I'm sure it's perfectly normal behavior for 13-year-olds, but still unacceptable, more the sneaking and lying than the game itself.

And I never put my credit card info into anything that I can't control.

I agree with you on that notme! Absolutely. I as well don't mind M rated games for kids to be honest as I know there is a huge variety and one can be perfectly flexible in many cases. It is better to negotiate with you which M games he can play and which not, as surely there will be exceptions. As for the game you refer to, if you want, we can review it for you so we can know why it is rated M. Many times it doesn't have, as I said in my previous post, inappropiate content, just some blood. Ratings are extremely strict with any content in this industry :p.

I agree with you on that notme! Absolutely. I as well don't mind M rated games for kids to be honest as I know there is a huge variety and one can be perfectly flexible in many cases. It is better to negotiate with you which M games he can play and which not, as surely there will be exceptions. As for the game you refer to, if you want, we can review it for you so we can know why it is rated M. Many times it doesn't have, as I said in my previous post, inappropiate content, just some blood. Ratings are extremely strict with any content in this industry :p.

I let him play one of the Assasins Creed games.

The one he snuck and downloaded, Grand Theft Auto, he had asked me before and I said no based on Common Sense Media reviews. He has also been acting a bit sketchy online, so I upgraded the parental controls software. He complained this evening that everything he's been doing for the past few months is over. *sigh*

How long will they be teenagers?