Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Dear brothers and sisters:

The Norwegian winter is about to begin. I encourage all of you to donate blankets, gloves, and warm clothes for the poor, suffering people of that country (who surely have no means of leaving, otherwise they would).

http://www.cbsnews.com/media/americas-11-poorest-cities/

Case closed!

^^^

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum,

How can we bring up this generation to reading books? All I see is parents handing there children iPads and smartphones.

What are steps that can be done to bring children to enjoy reading? Especially boys.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

^^^

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum,

How can we bring up this generation to reading books? All I see is parents handing there children iPads and smartphones.

What are steps that can be done to bring children to enjoy reading? Especially boys.

All my tricks failed with boys. Girls are ten times easier and more obedient. With boys the best to bring their attention is to kick them, fight with them and get into a competition of yelling, or practical pranks....

reading?

Why they need to read when everything around them works by kicks and pushes and yells.

Smart phones, ipads, screen touches, puppies hearing your orders etc.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Brother Ammar,

One way or another you are reading. It is obvious you love Ahulbayt and Alhamd'Allah you always contribute useful posts. Insh'Allah my boys one day have the passion you hold and love for Islam. Your parents did good.

Sister CM,

My boys will be in first grade. The school gave them homework over the summer. Do you know, and I'm not lying, how many times I tell them to do their homework? Over 15 times from the morning until evening before Maghreb. Please mothers tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Yes, TV is on. While I'm busy tidying the house and cooking I need a distraction in order they don't beat each other up. YES, they were home all day, but my Dh took them outside and they were riding their bikes for over 45 minutes.

Finally, when my niece came over, I asked her please help them and they did over 6 pages in Arabic and English with her. Sub7an'Allah. During the week we have them playing football. Friday afternoons I take them to the library.

Maybe I already know the answer, it's that I don't do it. Read them stories before they go to sleep. Unfortunately, I just find it another chore, and by 8 pm I'm done and tired. Khalas.

Sister not me,

Thank you. Makes sense. Insh'Allah, will work on it. God bless you.

\/\/\/

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN ALAH

Edited by Laayla

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Brother Ammar,

One way or another you are reading. It is obvious you love Ahulbayt and Alhamd'Allah you always contribute useful posts. Insh'Allah my boys one day have the passion you hold and love for Islam. Your parents did good.

Sister CM,

My boys will be in first grade. The school gave them homework over the summer. Do you know, and I'm not lying, how many times I tell them to do their homework? Over 15 times from the morning until evening before Maghreb. Please mothers tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Yes, TV is on. While I'm busy tidying the house and cooking I need a distraction in order they don't beat each other up. YES, they were home all day, but my Dh took them outside and they were riding their bikes for over 45 minutes.

Finally, when my niece came over, I asked her please help them and they did over 6 pages in Arabic and English with her. Sub7an'Allah. During the week we have them playing football. Friday afternoons I take them to the library.

Maybe I already know the answer, it's that I don't do it. Read them stories before they go to sleep. Unfortunately, I just find it another chore, and by 8 pm I'm done and tired. Khalas.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN ALAH

Why are you sending them to school which gives them summer homework?

I am a school hater and that definitely isn't charming.

What I did with my younger brother is setting up a certain hour a day , so in this hour we sit and do homework. If he didn't prepare his books and himself by that hour, i'll just continue my day and let him face it at school with homework undone

It worked perfectly. Now it is not me who is chasing him.

The other one though is a mystery. NOOOON , not a soul can understand him except his replica : my older brother who is professor now whom i remember that he spent pretty much most of his school life sleeping or playing video games.

He is still the same even now. Sleeping and playing. I don't know how their brains function but they make it through.

BUT the younger one is really mystery. If his classmate is absent, he will grab his chir, pull it just next to his and get a nap AND WOULDNT CARE TO WHOMEVER IS STANDING THERE AND TEACHING HIM

all teachers failed to make him attentive and all failed to punish him

he is unpunihshable 

too cute to be punished lol

srsly, it makes my blood boil

when you punish him, he breaks down

if you didn't punish him, he is this annoying elf.

and he has reading problems. He can read english better than arabic and we didn't even tried to teach him english. he wants to jump and be like the older brother but misses his own level.

He won't read ANYTHING. Not even listen to us reading to him. We used to read stories to him before and he was good at making his own stories but now after this invention called tablets...he has no interests in life other than laying down and killing the next dragon and stealing other dragons gold and destroying other dragons forts. He turned to this lifeless lump on the sofa and the only way to bring him back to life is to tickle him and get him to fight you lol

teardrop01.jpg

teardrop06.jpg

teardrop08.jpg

Origins:   The monument displayed in the above photographs, officially entitled "To the Struggle Against World Terrorism" (but also known as "The Memorial at Harbor View Park" or the "Tear Drop Memorial"), was dedicated at the northeast corner of Bayonne Peninsula in New Jersey on 11 September 2006, the fifth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the United States.

The monument was the work of Russian artist Zurab Tsereteli, whose inspiration was described thusly in a brochure about the monument:
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/rumors/tributes/teardrop.asp#fUmFMcLJihBsZ8Y9.99

This was a gift from Russia to America did anyone hear about this?

teardrop01.jpg

teardrop06.jpg

teardrop08.jpg

Origins:   The monument displayed in the above photographs, officially entitled "To the Struggle Against World Terrorism" (but also known as "The Memorial at Harbor View Park" or the "Tear Drop Memorial"), was dedicated at the northeast corner of Bayonne Peninsula in New Jersey on 11 September 2006, the fifth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the United States.

The monument was the work of Russian artist Zurab Tsereteli, whose inspiration was described thusly in a brochure about the monument:Read more at http://www.snopes.com/rumors/tributes/teardrop.asp#fUmFMcLJihBsZ8Y9.99

This was a gift from Russia to America did anyone hear about this?

I didn't but I really like it. Masha'Allah, it is a beautiful monument, very profound. Allah reward Zurab Tseretelli for creating this beautiful masterpiece to remember those fallen on 9/11.

Just saw pictures of the great migration from India to Pakistan back in the days when muslims were being slaughtered. Heartbreaking pictures.

What about the Hindus and Sikhs in Pakistan? Do you ever feel what they had to go through? They were worse off.

So I'm pre-diabetic too now. What on Earth is wrong with me? I'm sick 24/7 all through the year. I wish there were some magic pill I could take and get rid of all these ailments. I'm starting to think God definitely hates me - why else would he make me go through all this?

at times i wish some people would just drop dead. scum on Earth eating up its resources without making any contribution whatsoever to the lives of those around them or related to them. why does God let such filth populate this planet? why does God boast about heaven and hell and the hereafter when he can't do nothing to people literally ruining others' lives in the here and now? i'm finding myself going away from religion once again - too many questions that remain unanswered. 

So I'm pre-diabetic too now. What on Earth is wrong with me? I'm sick 24/7 all through the year. I wish there were some magic pill I could take and get rid of all these ailments. I'm starting to think God definitely hates me - why else would he make me go through all this?

at times i wish some people would just drop dead. scum on Earth eating up its resources without making any contribution whatsoever to the lives of those around them or related to them. why does God let such filth populate this planet? why does God boast about heaven and hell and the hereafter when he can't do nothing to people literally ruining others' lives in the here and now? i'm finding myself going away from religion once again - too many questions that remain unanswered. 

The more God tests you, the more he loves you.  He knows you can handle it.  Otherwise, he wouldn't have allowed such things to befall you.

Edited by magma

You are pre-diabetic because you haven't been eating! Free will, sister, that's why there are evil people in the world. Because without the option of evil there is no option of good.

Do what you need to do to make the changes that you need!

I hope I don't sound too harsh; I really hope things are better for you soon, before you run out of hope.

Don't give up hope, I know that you are depressed but be patient; Although scum may enjoy power and enjoy hurting others, the evil "filth" of this world cannot escape death and will be held accountable for their actions in the Hereafter.

I am sorry about your pre-diabetes, I heard it can be cured by using dietary restrictions for a set amount of time, but I don't know the specifics. Also, if you don't eat, your pre-diabetes may blossom into diabetes and trust me, I have known diabetic people and trust me, diabetes is no walk in the park, very painful. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemies. Please don't give up, Apo. Life is frustrating, the world is cruel but most importantly this life and world is temporary and you are not alone. There will always be more questions than answers in this life, just don't let get you down. I don't blame God for my condition, my struggles or the jerks I meet in life. It is difficult but I try to remain positive in life. For if I were to become negative, the world would crush my soul and leave me broken. I will keep you in my du'as, as I cherish our friendship and I look up to you as if you were my big sister.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

What about the Hindus and Sikhs in Pakistan? Do you ever feel what they had to go through? They were worse off.

To be honest when I saw the pictures even more heartbreaking the pictures themselves were the comments on each picture. There was constant bickering on which religion had more casualties and who was worse off etc. Oppressed people know no religion. Whichever religion they were, even if the pictures I saw were of Sikhs or Hindus it would still be heartbreaking. 

On a separate note, I always wondered why people have such a short memory to hardships. For example, those who went through hardships of seeing their loved ones die and suffered through difficulties in building a nation soon forget one generation down the line and all their efforts go down to waste when corrupt leaders are now allowed to rule the very country they have worked so hard to build. Or we see the case of the Iranian revolution when the current generation care less on what the principles the revolution stood for. Everyone forgets easily.

Hardships are forgotten in times of ease, which is probably why mothers forget the pains they went through during child birth when they see their baby. Do we need constant hardships to keep in touch with reality? Do we need pain and suffering to remind us of our principals?

On a separate note, I always wondered why people have such a short memory to hardships. For example, those who went through hardships of seeing their loved ones die and suffered through difficulties in building a nation soon forget one generation down the line and all their efforts go down to waste when corrupt leaders are now allowed to rule the very country they have worked so hard to build. Or we see the case of the Iranian revolution when the current generation care less on what the principles the revolution stood for. Everyone forgets easily.

Hardships are forgotten in times of ease, which is probably why mothers forget the pains they went through during child birth when they see their baby. Do we need constant hardships to keep in touch with reality? Do we need pain and suffering to remind us of our principals?

I don't know why, why do I forget my hardships?

Bro Abu Hadi's reply at http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235030756-devastated/page-2#entry2830143brought a tear to my eye. it was so well put. 

thank you everyone - all of you who replied to my post in this thread. i am still upset but will try harder. thank you.

Gaius - awww that was so sweet of you :)  you're like the younger brother i never had haha :D

Thoughts: I feel so drained after my classes.

Does anyone here have naps? I think I ought to give them a go. Ive heard they work wonders. I just cant get into the idea of regularly sleeping during the day unless its absolutely necessary...

So much for the good ol' siesta. My dad's side of the fam would be ashamed lol. 

Bro Ali M, I take a nap daily..its quite common in my part of the world...especially in summers and it does rejuvenate you :)

Hm, when do you sleep? Do you have the nap in the afternoon or after lunch or? Is there a time that is recommended by scientists? 

I have heard that the spanish initially adopted sleeping during the day after lunch (usually around after Dhuhr time) from the Muslims who used to do this due to it being a Sunna. 

Yes in the afternoon,an hour between dhuhr and maghrib.

I haven't come across scientific research as far as the timings are concerned.

Watch "Imam Ali's Philosophy on Life (1080p HD)" on YouTube

Ya Abu Turab, ya amir al mo2mineen, what would I do without you in my life? I can always go to you to put my life back into prospective. You are the one who said I divorce this life three times, please help me and show me how to divorce this life. I don't want it either. Oh Allah cleanse this old, black heart and allow it only to accept purity and enrich me to continue to love Habib Allah Mohamed and his family.

Yes in the afternoon,an hour between dhuhr and maghrib.

I haven't come across scientific research as far as the timings are concerned.

Hm, jzk. Thank you. 

I have read that the best and most effective nap is supposed to be 20 minutes long? 

Hm, when do you sleep? Do you have the nap in the afternoon or after lunch or? Is there a time that is recommended by scientists? 

I have heard that the spanish initially adopted sleeping during the day after lunch (usually around after Dhuhr time) from the Muslims who used to do this due to it being a Sunna. 

I take a nap of about 20-30mins between 1pm to 2pm (after Dhuhr). It helps alot!

Do we need constant hardships to keep in touch with reality? Do we need pain and suffering to remind us of our principals?

Yes, I think probably we do.