Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

I will not have any badmouthing of the Crocodile Hunter.

This man was a lege:

162143.jpg

I am sorry, but legend or not, I never liked the way he manhandled the animals, they are Allah's creation, they deserve lot more respect than simply yanked around by some guy (Steve did have amazing enthusiasm, something that we will never see again and I understand that he wasn't just some guy) for his show and I am not trying to be disrespectful, I am just saying that his way of handling the animals on the show played a part of his death and that was to be expected.

^ He had a bond with the animals. I don't think he did those things to torture the animals. He understood where the red lines were.

He would always be asked: why aren't you afraid of getting so close to these dangerous animals?

And he would always answer: The creature I am most afraid of is man, not animals. 

Edited by baradar_jackson

^ He had a bond with the animals. I don't think he did those things to torture the animals. He understood where the red lines were.

He would always be asked: why aren't you afraid of getting so close to these dangerous animals?

And he would always answer: The creature I am most afraid of is man, not animals.

He got ghetto stabbed by one though. He wrestled crocs, threw snakes around, played with spiders.....then ended up being stabbed to death by a stingray....he didn't see that one coming!

He got ghetto stabbed by one though. He wrestled crocs, threw snakes around, played with spiders.....then ended up being stabbed to death by a stingray....he didn't see that one coming!

According to his family he would have been fine if the stingray didn't get him in the heart

Why do I keep getting the feeling that 'this statement is false' is really a bot?? :unsure:

uhu44402.jpgpost-73242-0-61710600-1367165252.gif

May your cooked thumb recover quickly.

Thanks notme, youre very kind hearted. I am pleased to report the thumb did not perish and is still functionally sound, although not as pretty.

Also disturbing is when some people try to follow them without questioning their authenticity and meaning.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but maybe it needs to be said.

Some of the posters on here are so callous with their religion. It is almost like they have little understanding of human suffering. 

The authenticity is a different issue ...

The fact that such hadith exist in the first place is disturbing

Also disturbing is when some people try to follow them without questioning their authenticity and meaning.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but maybe it needs to be said.

Some of the posters on here are so callous with their religion. It is almost like they have little understanding of human suffering. 

Bro, did you see the website Ali_Hussain was promoting? You know whose website that is? Its totally sad that people actually follow and believe, AND PROMOTE that guys website. I honestly do not trust any non scholarly hadith website. Nor does saying for example x past scholar claims its x gives it any weight.

Edited by Ethics

out of complete boredom !

Site map of Shiachat as I imagined it 

+Home

+Reviews and recommendations

-Recommended Books

-Movies Reviews

-Games and consoles 

-Islamic centers nearby

-opinion and analysis of public shia speakers lectures

+Matrimonial 

-Sayyid non Sayyid marriage 

-How to propose for Mut'ah

-How to Find a spouse online

-Divorce and Khul'e

+Eating

-Pakistan cuisine 

- Irani cuisine

-Arab cuisine

-White people cuisine

+Politics

- Pro Khomaini vs Anti Khoamini

-Politics of over saturated sexualised propaganda

+Mysticism 

-Tawassul

-Gholow

-irfan

-dreams

-Black Magic

The SC comments on hokage and shinobis made me miss my ninjatsu friends in Tehran.

I wish I could join them again...

**Ninjatsu practice in parke mellat** ninja6.jpgninja4.jpg

Wow, is this a woman only thing because if it isn't, sign me up! I want to learn Ninjutsu!

P.S. Hmmm, you are a ninja, doctor and artist. What's next, superpowers?

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

Authenticity? Brother Bhooka is of the belief that al-Kafi and al-Faqih are indeed fully authentic, which is the belief of some scholars that have came and went. This is his personal standard which he is certain of.

Edited by The Batman

Wow, is this a woman only thing because if it isn't, sign me up! I want to learn Ninjutsu!

P.S. Hmmm, you are a ninja, doctor and artist. What's next, superpowers?

Sorry you can't join this group it's only for woman. But there's ninjatsu clubs for men too.

I wish I had superpowers, a life of a female doctor is not safe especially in the Middle East.

I joined the self defense group after a traumatic sad event. I was close to being kidnapped and raped.

It happened during the first months of my internship in Iran. The hospital round started at 6:00 am and I woke up too late decided to take a taxi from the street, it's common in Tehran, you find taxis in every corner.

Unfortunetly, I was hurrying and forgot to check the color (I've been told that yellow or green cars are true taxis other cars are false taxis).

And you can imagine the rest.... only with god's help I managed to escape by throwing myself out of the car.

The lesson I've learnt (it's not just a fact it's for real, MEN ARE physically stronger than women).

That false taxi driver had no muscles at all/ but still strong, he kept me fixed to the seat with one hand while driving with the other.

If he was strongly built I would have been dead by now.... Oh god such a scary thought.

I joined the self defense group after a traumatic sad event. I was close to being kidnapped and raped.

It happened during the first months of my internship in Iran. The hospital round started at 6:00 am and I woke up too late decided to take a taxi from the street, it's common in Tehran, you find taxis in every corner.

Unfortunetly, I was hurrying and forgot to check the color (I've been told that yellow or green cars are true taxis other cars are false taxis).

And you can imagine the rest.... only with god's help I managed to escape by throwing myself out of the car.

The lesson I've learnt (it's not just a fact it's for real, MEN ARE physically stronger than women).

That false taxi driver had no muscles at all/ but still strong, he kept me fixed to the seat with one hand while driving with the other.

If he was strongly built I would have been dead by now.... Oh god such a scary thought.

OMG. Is this story for real?!

a life of a female doctor is not safe especially in the Middle East.

As they say: "It is from those words!!!"

I don't think that's true. At least, that's not an accurate statement:

"The report ranks countries in order depending on the responses to the survey. In three countries often praised for their gender equality, for example, high numbers of women report suffering violence since the age of 15: in Denmark 52%, Finland 47%, and Sweden 46% of women say they have suffered physical or sexual violence."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/05/violence-against-women-eu

Edited by kamyar

Authenticity? Brother Bhooka is of the belief that al-Kafi and al-Faqih are indeed fully authentic, which is the belief of some scholars that have came and went. This is his personal standard which he is certain of.

Is he really certain? Or does he say he is certain? 

I don't know much about him and therefore I can't comment on his views.

Authenticity and interpretation has to be questioned when there is strong external evidence in opposition to the evident meaning of some of these teachings. For example: A person goes to school or university and sees that there are some very intelligent females in his class. Much more intelligent than many of the males. How can that person ignore what he sees and just accept these traditions? Does he not even have an ounce of doubt? *

I think people should be much more brave in accepting the teachings of the Quran in these sorts of situations. E.g. there are some ahadith which say that you should never take the advice of a woman, even a good one. However the Quran says that prophet Shuayb [a] took the advice of his daughter.

* This is in reference to the teachings that women are deficient in intellect.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

Sorry you can't join this group it's only for woman. But there's ninjatsu clubs for men too.

I wish I had superpowers, a life of a female doctor is not safe especially in the Middle East.

There are people like that everywhere, and this is why women should be accompanied by a male relative and/or her husband and the reason why women need to learn martial arts. I know it's not an popular opinion but I don't like it when such things happen and I do think more needs to be done about these situations. Now, I don't know if this is true, but it is been said that the average adult woman's strength is equivalent to that of a fourteen year old boy, again I don't know if it is true and I could be totally wrong on this but you are right, it's a general fact that the men are and will always the physically stronger of the gender, with some exceptions.

OMG. Is this story for real?!

As they say: "It is from those words!!!"

I don't think that's true. At least, that's not an accurate statement:

"The report ranks countries in order depending on the responses to the survey. In three countries often praised for their gender equality, for example, high numbers of women report suffering violence since the age of 15: in Denmark 52%, Finland 47%, and Sweden 46% of women say they have suffered physical or sexual violence."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/05/violence-against-women-eu

Yeah, the West is actually a quite dangerous place for women in terms of sexual abuse and sex crimes, the US is pretty well known for these kinds of sick human beings,all the more reason to take up martial arts or carry if you are a woman during times when having a male relative with you is impractical. At least we have law enforcement agencies that take such crimes seriously, but the problem is it is highly underreported because the victims feel ashamed, guilty or they are coerced into remaining silent. Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

Is he really certain? Or does he say he is certain? 

I don't know much about him and therefore I can't comment on his views.

Authenticity and interpretation has to be questioned when there is strong external evidence in opposition to the evident meaning of some of these teachings. For example: A person goes to school or university and sees that there are some very intelligent females in his class. Much more intelligent than many of the males. How can that person ignore what he sees and just accept these traditions? Does he not even have an ounce of doubt? *

I think people should be much more brave in accepting the teachings of the Quran in these sorts of situations. E.g. there are some ahadith which say that you should never take the advice of a woman, even a good one. However the Quran says that prophet Shuayb [a] took the advice of his daughter.

* This is in reference to the teachings that women are deficient in intellect.

^Absolutely agree with you on that, the Qur'an trumps any hadiths that contradict it, especially hadiths that say that women are inferior to men in intelligence.