Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

not me:  You can wait until he is 16, then take him down to the recruiter's office and sign him into the Army.

When I got into my 40s, I asked my Father about me as a teenager. He said, yelling at me "was par for the course", but he never worried -only wonder if I knew enough sometimes. He said he knew I was smart enough not to get into anything stupid like most of the other boys would.

But I am still a little surprised his voice never gave-out.

Why does "sleep" have a grudge on me? Usually, after midterms my sleep schedule messes up because I end up pulling all nighters to study. Now that they are done as of this week, I was hoping to fix it again so that I would normally wake up at least before 10am on a daily basis.

Well last night I only managed to get sleepy at 1am and slept around that time, woke up for Fajr at 3:15am and before I went back to sleep, timed my phone to shout in my ears at 10am. After hitting the snooze button multiple times unintentionally while being half asleep because I was just too tired to simply wake up at 10(despite the fact that I would have slept sufficient hours by this time), I eventually woke up at 3:40pm. That's almost 14 hours of sleeping.. :(

Why does "sleep" have a grudge on me? Usually, after midterms my sleep schedule messes up because I end up pulling all nighters to study. Now that they are done as of this week, I was hoping to fix it again so that I would normally wake up at least before 10am on a daily basis.

Well last night I only managed to get sleepy at 1am and slept around that time, woke up for Fajr at 3:15am and before I went back to sleep, timed my phone to shout in my ears at 10am. After hitting the snooze button multiple times unintentionally while being half asleep because I was just too tired to simply wake up at 10(despite the fact that I would have slept sufficient hours by this time), I eventually woke up at 3:40pm. That's almost 14 hours of sleeping.. :(

Bro that's beast, more hours means more power. Go take a shower and go run.

Hmm, there are different levels of skinny jeans, some of these are definitely not appropiate for any men.

We could discuss this manly and girly mentality is mainly a social construct, but it is somewhat based on the beauty of each gender.

Men beauty is not primarily present in the global shape of their bodies. Extremely skinny jeans will show the general curves of men which won't make them look any manly to be honest, according to a general view, regardless of how much it gets normalized. It just doesn't enhance the beauty of a man's shape. Rather than curves, something more loose which would show rather straight lines instead of curves would look nice in men. Some of the skinny jeans Endless posted are actually like that, even though they are a little skinny for my taste. They do look good however, and don't make you look feminine.

i cants sleep, this is getting ridiculous 

I listen to duas, and literally fall asleep in minutes. Dua Jawshan Kabeer or Dua Tawassul works the best for me.

Never going to ask for day off again....

some wounds get deeper and deeper with time....

time spent without some one make it even worse.... All u can do is to put layers after layers to hide them but blood still manage to seep through those layers....

May Allah hasten the reappearance of imam(as) !!

Never going to ask for day off again....

some wounds get deeper and deeper with time....

time spent without some one make it even worse.... All u can do is to put layers after layers to hide them but blood still manage to seep through those layers....

May Allah hasten the reappearance of imam(as) !!

I hope things work out for you soon

Watch or do stuff that make you dizzy, do it next to your bed or on your bed, so you don't sleep on the floor.

dizziness induces sleep?? :P wow...

CM, sis.. In case you decide on act on the advice, warn your family first lest they get alarmed when they find you spinning in circles on the bed :D and remember you have to do it either on the bed or next to your bed..... Apparently according to the above advice the dizziness induced sleep is so quick and strong you can fall asleep on the floor if you are not on the bed already.

Some other SCers suffer from insomnia too so please update us with the bumps.... Errr... results. :P

When the airplane was landing at Imam Khomeini International Airport and all the women had to put on hijabs, my mind was going like:

"YOUR IN MY DOMAIN NOWWW MUAHHAHA!"

:P

Seriously bro, you call that 2 cm piece of fabric "hijab?"

Btw welcome to Iran! Safare khubi dashte bashi!

Don't forget to visit (Tochal, Darband, Parke Mellat, Borje Milad, Ziyarat shahre Rey)

and if you get sick there's 2 hospitals in Tehran (imam Khomeini and shariati)

Just tell them you're a friend of mine and you'll get free treatment.... Inshallah that won't happen!

Enjoy your trip!

Are you saying that getting dizzy doesn't make you sleep? That's new. I was under the impression that dizziness causes sleep.

Dizziness causes sleep? No way, man, dizziness causes nausea instead. Totally different from sleep. CM, I would recommend melatonin, really works.

P.S. My mother told me that the tea was bad and she wasn't kidding, I took one sip and it tasted like I took a sip of rat poison.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

Dizziness causes sleep? No way, man, dizziness causes nausea instead. Totally different from sleep. CM, I would recommend melatonin, really works.

P.S. My mother told me that the tea was bad and she wasn't kidding, I took one sip and it tasted like I took a sip of rat poison.

Just the thought of tea that tastes like rat poison made me never want to drink tea again :/

Edited by NooralHussain

I can't understand Arabic but what's the video about? Why's he being interviewed? I assume he's gonna face execution soon enough, Insh'Allah.

He's testifying his share in the massacre(spiker that happened last year), how it was planned and carrried out and gave out information on the others that were with him including his leaders. He also states that before the official formation of Da'ish, he and others that eventually joined Da'esh were members of Jama'at al-Tawhid wal Jihad that was led by Zarqawi. It's worth noting that the majority of the militants from Iraq who are currently in Da'ish used to be members of that group during the early 2000's and a few others as well who used to be with Jama'at ansar al-Sunnah.

And, yes, he will most certainly be sentenced to death soon, inshAllah Ta'alah.

I hope things work out for you soon

thank you :) inshallah.  Alhamdulilah for everything tbh this life isn't everything...

Struggling, what happened?

This life is constant struggle one way or another.... It's just some struggles shatters you completely.   

Edited by struggling_On

I just read quite a sad story, a 22 year old girl from Paris became Shi'a, and has had to escape from her family, she has been sleeping in a hotel for 3 nights and hasn't been able to go to work for fear of her brother catching her there.

She asked her family if she could get her stuff, the answer was a photo of her clothes being burned...

These nawasib really take it too far, especially if you se the behaviour of north Africans in France and Belgium, they have completely destroyed the face of Islam, even before the terrorism phase since 9/11 - which a lot of these people have embarrassed - people in France and Belgium already hated Islam, because they look at these people and think Islam is a religion of stealing and mugging and raping and swearing and cheating etc

لعنة الله على الظالمين

Edit: To A_H

^ If she lives in Europe, it's best for her to contact the local police if they persist on threatening her.

She finished off her post by saying how much she loves them and it is breaking her heart, so I'm not sure that she would go to the police.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

I just read quite a sad story, a 22 year old girl from Paris became Shi'a, and has had to escape from her family, she has been sleeping in a hotel for 3 nights and hasn't been able to go to work for fear of her brother catching her there.

لعنة الله على الظالمين 

لعنة الله على الظالمين

I wish that was a way to help her :(

Maybe she should have remained in taqqayah for sometime but Allah knows what were the circumstances.

I am sure she will get divine help.

"He who is deserted by friends and relatives will often find help and sympathy from strangers" - Nahjul Balagha