Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

/me jails his bro in the kitchen xD!

/me shares some KFC like chicken nuggets with apo xDDDD

we had chicken nuggets for breakfast :p

mind if i raid your kitchen though? there's a little something i want from there :D

Get those Vitamin stuff which make you eat.

I dunno about those, like i went to the doctors, & she didn't mention anything about that, She said i have low vitamin so i have to take vitamin tablets but i can't until i start eating properly, because the tablets are strong & you can't take them on empty stomach, so you got to eat allot to take it, they never work for me anyway, i had to take some a year ago & i still felt so sick after taking it even when i ate.

I'm also losing so much weight which is bad because i don't need to lose anymore weight, so that's making it worse, she was like you either start eating & take the tablets or you're gonna end up in the hospital.

Are you sad, depressed or worried and nervious about something? Our mental state conditionates our appetite a lot. I usually take some days to relax when I start feeling bad. Plus I wouldn't be able not to eat the dishes I get at home, regardless of how depressed, sleepy and ill I may feel xD.

suprisingly no, non of that^. That's why i'm saying i don't know what's happening, because when i stop eating because of depression or anything like that, i'd know it. But this time it's different, i look at food & fall in love with it & crave it, but i just can't put it in my mouth lol.

Edited by Rosa Leema

I'm starting to be such a terrible daughter, i barely sleep at night, even on school days, i don't eat much, i'd eat my lunch at 4 pm & then won't eat anything until the next day, so no breakfast, just lunch at 4 pm & then no dinner. I skip 2 meals or just eat snacks after that & that's it. Like i'm soo hungry but i just can't eat & when i do, i'd eat like 2 spoons & feel super full. I don't know what's happening :(

But my parents are starting to hate me for this.

Not feeling hungry isn't your fault, not sitting at the table and having a tiny portion of something along with a small glass of something else is your fault, you live with your family, so try and take part in basic family 'events'.

No one can fault you if you at least make an effort.

Aside from that, you might want to do two things:

1 - Consult a doctor

2 - Don't 'brag' about your eating habits, you might make some of the other sisters jealous

Not feeling hungry isn't your fault, not sitting at the table and having a tiny portion of something along with a small glass of something else is your fault, you live with your family, so try and take part in basic family 'events'.

1 - Consult a doctor

2 - Don't 'brag' about your eating habits, you might make some of the other sisters jealous

wait, brag about my eating habits? Am i bragging?

It's not like i'm saying "oh that's a good thing", & i can admit, i'm not that type of person, i'm usually a girl that eats everything, or whatever i see in front of me.

wait, brag about my eating habits? Am i bragging?

It's not like i'm saying "oh that's a good thing", & i can admit, i'm not that type of person, i'm usually a girl that eats everything, or whatever i see in front of me.

Chill out, I was (kind of) joking, although I have come across some crazy people who would be jealous of you.

* I don't feel comfortable using smiles on shichat, but aim isn't to insult anyone, most of the time I am joking.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

Chill out, I was (kind of) joking, although I have come across some crazy people who would be jealous of you.

* I don't feel comfortable using smiles on shichat, but aim isn't to insult anyone, most of the time I am joking.

that's okay.

I just kind of hate coming across as a bragger, especially with things like that, were it's totally not my intention to make it sound as something i'm bragging about like it's not even a good thing to brag about if someone was to 'brag' about it.

It's just what i'm going through these past days, nothing more, nothing less.

We have people who studied medicine here who could give good advice, but I know a woman who had lack of appetite and it was a symptom of being anemic. She had to take iron tablets three times a day, but it was not severe or the doc would have made her take four a day. After six months her doctor said she could stop the iron tablets but keep taking the once a day vitamin for health.

I'm starting to be such a terrible daughter, i barely sleep at night, even on school days, i don't eat much, i'd eat my lunch at 4 pm & then won't eat anything until the next day, so no breakfast, just lunch at 4 pm & then no dinner. I skip 2 meals or just eat snacks after that & that's it. Like i'm soo hungry but i just can't eat & when i do, i'd eat like 2 spoons & feel super full. I don't know what's happening :(

stop thinking about it to begin with - you're overthinking and that in my case leads me to a hunger strike of sorts. take meal times as special family events - surely you can have a spoon or two of something and have a glass of water, right? dont skip meals - have little - very little if you want, but have it anyway. if you keep going this way you will soon turn anemic - trust me, it will NOT be fun for you OR your family. force yourself to eat at least a little at every mealtime - give up the snacks. i've been anemic and i know how bad it made me suffer. 

your parents dont hate you for this - they are CONCERNED about you. once you start eating and get your health back, they'll be just fine.

There's already some things I can't do now (at age 27ish) that I could do at age 21 or 22.

Such as: stay up all night and not die mid-day the next day.

Old age is not going to be pleasant.

What about sports? When i was 16 and fell while snowboarding i bounced right back up. Now when i fall, then that is where i will spend the rest of the day, getting up is not an option.

1 - Consult a doctor

+1000 ... super liked your post, spot on

and the last part made me laugh :D

Edited:P.S   I know the real reason why Rosa has lost her appetite ;)

Edited by starlight

What about sports? When i was 16 and fell while snowboarding i bounced right back up. Now when i fall, then that is where i will spend the rest of the day, getting up is not an option.

A few months ago I played footie with some friends. Aside from not being able to last the whole game, I felt like throwing up afterwards. It was just a friendly, casual game, but my body took it like it was the European Champions League.

+1000 ... super liked your post, spot on

and the last part made me laugh :D

Edited:P.S   I know the real reason why Rosa has lost her appetite ;)

and a million likes on the Edited part :p

I don't know what your problem is, but sounds like you are anemic or you are worried about something. The worst case scenario would be anorexia but seems highly unlikely. Will you go to the doctor? He or she maybe able to help. Sounds like this has been going on for some time, maybe you should have drank those shakes your mother was giving you.

I don't know what your problem is, but sounds like you are anemic or you are worried about something. The worst case scenario would be anorexia but seems highly unlikely. Will you go to the doctor? He or she maybe able to help. Sounds like this has been going on for some time, maybe you should have drank those shakes your mother was giving you.

It's deff not anorexia, oh god. I have gone to the doctor. & i'm gonna have to go again soon insha'Allah. 

I've been like that for maybe a week now, or more. Not exactly sure.

& yeah the shakes, i no longer make my dad drink it, i drink it all by myself now lol

It's deff not anorexia, oh god. I have gone to the doctor. & i'm gonna have to go again soon insha'Allah. 

I've been like that for maybe a week now, or more. Not exactly sure.

& yeah the shakes, i no longer make my dad drink it, i drink it all by myself now lol

Have you gained any from the shakes? Just curious, the sooner you go to the doctor, the quicker you can resolve this.

Have you gained any from the shakes? Just curious, the sooner you go to the doctor, the quicker you can resolve this.

I hope you're not thinking i'm as skinny as a stick now, because no i'm not a sick looking skinny kind of thing alhamdulilah.

But i don't know, i haven't checked, i only had my weight checked when i went to the doctors & that's when i found out i lost little bit of weight & that's when the doctor started getting a lil mad for some reason.

Edited by Rosa Leema

A few months ago I played footie with some friends. Aside from not being able to last the whole game, I felt like throwing up afterwards. It was just a friendly, casual game, but my body took it like it was the European Champions League.

15 min stretching, heavy breathing exercises and strong will to crush the opposition helped me go 5 straight intense basketball games without feeling I was going to die afterwards. And I feel like 150 years old and I smoke cigars.  The breathing exercises made all the diffrence though so try that next time.

Edited by Martyrdom

Hmm there are ingredients who increase one's apettite as well (maybe they increase it just with the smell of the food,not even the flavour). I should ask my brother as I myself don't know.

Cooking is a whole new world full of useful knowledge, it's not only to make your food tasty xD.

Some theater owners pointed to a glut of R-rated comedies. Exhibitors in recent years have all but begged studios to make more PG-13 comedies, which they believe have a better shot at attracting a wide audience. “Pitch Perfect 2,” which carried that lighter rating, took in $183.8 million in North America this summer.

But studios remain focused on young ticket buyers — even though data from the Motion Picture Association of America indicates that older moviegoers are more loyal customers — and that leads to raunchy comedies, especially at a time when the limits of tastefulness continue to be tested culturewide. Hollywood’s top comedy writers and directors also tend to want to push boundaries: It’s not cool to dream up PG-13 or PG jokes and scenarios.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/03/movies/r-rated-comedies-vacation-among-them-continue-to-struggle.html?referrer=

Says it all really...

A person would not forget TWO TYPES OF FACES in his life, the one who helped him in his time of need and the one who left him ALONE in a difficult time. Imam Hussain(as)

Indeed Allah is sufficient for his servant. 

Edited by struggling_On

I been debating whether I should give a speech in my local worship/community centre or not. Mentally I'm very confident alhamd but not sure if the community is ready for what I have to say. Also not sure how to approach the topic I've in my mind. My father ma sha Allah is a great orator and not once in his life hes prepared for a speech in writing. I too wish to just go w the flow but dont want to make a meal of it. IA

I hope you're not thinking i'm as skinny as a stick now, because no i'm not a sick looking skinny kind of thing alhamdulilah.

But i don't know, i haven't checked, i only had my weight checked when i went to the doctors & that's when i found out i lost little bit of weight & that's when the doctor started getting a lil mad for some reason.

Alhamdulillah, that's great to hear, unfortunately the same can't be said for me. I lost some weight and I look sickly according to my mom. That's strange, why would the doctor get upset?

Alhamdulillah, that's great to hear, unfortunately the same can't be said for me. I lost some weight and I look sickly according to my mom. That's strange, why would the doctor get upset?

Sickly? Maybe you don't look sickly skinny, but she only says that because she wants you to gain?

My mum usually likes the way i am, but when i stop eating she'd start saying i look sick, i know she doesn't mean it, but she's only saying it so i start eating more.

& i don't know, the doctor didn't get upset, but she was kind of mad, she's been an old doctor of ours, she cares allot. I think that could be the reason.

For the people above 25(because that is how old you have to be to remember this)

Ever went to an airport, mall, shipping area, and they had a row of 10-12 phonebooths, then you walk by and you see one of the 10-12 booths has like 50 people standing in line? And then all the white people were like "what the hell are these middle easterners/pakistanis/indians doing?

Ahhh the good old days when a phonebooth had a faulty line and you got free calls back home, how fast the rumor spread.

And you always had that one guy that would hog the phone for too damn long, until the service guy from the telecom company showed up. Ruined it for everyone.

Then after some time, people started figuring out that telling anyone, even family members in the same area was a bad idea, better to keep the secret and abuse it yourself.

Or the early 90'z where some arab/iranian guy at the local middle eastern grocery store got hold of some blue boxing recordings. Genius idea really, make 2000 copies of the recording and sell it as cassettes and sell it with user manual made by your own windows!

For you n00bs that don't know what blue boxing is; Basically the old phonebooths were activated by playing a spesific tone to indicate that you have dropped coins in it. Each value coin had its spesific tone and frequency. Some dude found out that if you play this sound the phonebooth thinks you have put money into it.

It was a glorious 5-6months of free calls!

Salaamz everybody iam new ID to this forum ¡ Iam sunni muslim, hope somebody will welcome or greet back, if there is no sectarism ¡ #:-)

Salam

Le sunniz are le welcome. Doesn't matter what you are, as long as you follow the rules and generally behave nicely you will be fine :)