Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

4722834.jpg
“إن حظى كدقيق فوق شوك نثروه

ثم قالوا لحفاة يوم ريح اجمعوه

صعب الأمر عليهم ثم قالوا اتركوه

إن من أشقاه ربى كيف أنتم تسعدوه”

My luck is like a flour that was spread over thorn

Then a group of bare feet, in windy day, were ordered to recollect it

It was very difficult for them, they shouted "quit it:

a man whom Allah made miserable, how can you ever make him happy.

I remember when i first joined SC, i had no idea what it was, it felt weird & odd to me, i didn't know it's like a place you would get somehow addicted too  :D & a website you'd use daily, & socialize, meet awesome people & make friends.

Some people here i already feel so close with & i have only been a member for 3 months, what's Shiachat's secret, how does  all this happen in a short time? 

Phew

I am stressed and overwhelmed. Ugh. There's no way I will finish all I need to do in time. Being the only one who cares is frustrating. Grrr. Poor me.

I have 25 tasks to do before the 29th. I also have to do normal daily stuff - cooking, cleaning, child caring, mostly child caring. Each task will take between 1 and 5 hours, except the wall repair and painting may take longer. I'm going to have to give up at least 2-3 nights sleep.

And at the same time I'm looking for a job. As icing on the stress cake, we don't yet have a place to move into.

Edited by notme

I am stressed and overwhelmed. Ugh. There's no way I will finish all I need to do in time. Being the only one who cares is frustrating. Grrr. Poor me.

I have 25 tasks to do before the 29th. I also have to do normal daily stuff - cooking, cleaning, child caring, mostly child caring. Each task will take between 1 and 5 hours, except the wall repair and painting may take longer. I'm going to have to give up at least 2-3 nights sleep.

And at the same time I'm looking for a job. As icing on the stress cake, we don't yet have a place to move into.

Why dont you find someone on craigslist to do some of the tasks? some people on their will do it for real good price.

Why dont you find someone on craigslist to do some of the tasks? some people on their will do it for real good price.

We've got movers coming on the 29th. I dont like the idea of strangers sorting through my stuff, so I've got to do my own packing. Maybe I could get someone for repairs and cleaning, but money is limited. Most of the work is sorting and packing. We have way too much stuff.

Sis notme .. you have quite a lot on your plate right now. I can relate because I have been through times like this too. Easier said than done but take one thing at a time, maybe get your  older kids to baby sit or help with some tasks. Don't ask them to do too much :P though, teenagers can be difficult. 

May Allah make things easier for you,

I am feeling super sleepy, don't know why even though I had an hour's nap in the afternoon. I have loads of paper work to go through :(  most of it work related but some that my Mom asked to do and there is no way I can postpone it.

I feel like crashing in bed and falling asleep while watching a movie.... Friday night, please come soon.

Be aware. Many people will find this offensive. http://www.r-word.org/

That has to be the dumbest movement in the history of movements.

A little bit, just a LITTLE bit of reflection and such a website would not exist.

Retarded means slow. To retard something means to slow it down. The word retarded in its current meaning was originally used as a politically correct way to refer to people with mental disabilities. Why? Because instead of calling them stupid or feeble-minded, you're calling them slow. Their mental faculties are slow; hence the term, retarded. It's a way to refer to their disability without insulting them.

People who want to make it out to be offensive are just playing a game with themselves. The game is called: let's see what nonsensical thing we can get offended by. 

A friend of mine -- a midwestern Murican guy who converted to Izlam -- has a retarded brother. And he tells me a lot of the super-sensitive stuff in the media and amongst easily-offended people... that stuff doesn't exist in the families of such people. Meaning: they call their brother retarded, rather than those other euphemisms. They would even (lovingly) poke fun at his disability. (in the same way that some of us might poke fun at a bald family member or a short family member). 

Obviously, no one should be insulted or debased for having this unique and strange blessing from God, but some take it too far with all the word games. If all these people who are fixated on word games (and this goes for everyone, not just liberal activist types) were instead focused on something productive, the world would be a better and more just place.

Q1: Has anyone here tried the coconut icecream from Lidl?

Q2: If 'yes' to Q1, is it any good? would you say its a particularly sweet icecream?

Im starting to think you really are super woman. Dont forget to find time for yourself, even if its just 20 mins set aside at the end of the day to meditate or something to hep you let go and wind down. Try and make it non-negotiable.

You should chill. The illness that is causing your hair falling is the one causing you being -slow-, and feeling the blue, and all the negative things you are perceiving might not be true.

Take time to take care of yourself. This is the good way to take care of others. You are of no use if you are weak and lacking concentration. The list will simply grow bigger and bigger then you will simply give up and won't even bother to d a list of 3 items ( trust me, it can lead up to this end).

Go in a walk. Breath air. Eat well. Regain health. things will then fit in their places magically. (well not really, but they will be more bearable)

Had a dream I became an admin on shiachat lol. It was awesome, they sent me this big package of fun stuff as a welcome gift. 

.....I need to spend less time on this website. 

i had a dream that one of the shiachat staff ppl had a little puppy who was attacking my dog and you know how that is .. usually grown up dogs ignore puppies when they fight with them. And the shiachat staff member thought that their puppy is stronger than my dog, so i had to explain what kind of fights my dog was in, to make it clear that my dog actually didn't fight. Very childish dream as well, and i am planning to stop using shiachat soon in sha Allah. not for this dream of course :) but for other reasons .. mainly taqya based on where i'm going. wahabi-related uncertain future ahead ..

Today, my mothers car was not working due to battery issues. Also, know that some expensive Nike's are in the car. when we called the insurance company to send a serviceman out to replace the battery, i find that some expensive shoes are missing. Turns out the shoes were stolen by the battery guy when I wasn't looking. Now the insurance people are taking their sweet time to investigate.

Any suggestions? should I call the police?

It is right? I found a book deep inside my book crate - It's called 'Sayings and preachings of Imam Ali (A.S)'.  My dad had brought it for me when i was about 11 i think :)

Nice, along with the Qur'an, you can learn good advice for anything in the sayings of Imam Ali (as). Powerful stuff.

"I wonder at the arrogance of a haughty and vain person. Yesterday he was only a drop of semen and tomorrow he will turn into a corpse" -- Imam Ali (A.S)

A similar saying by Imam Ali is : How poor is son of Adam , his end is concealed from him, his maladies are stored in him (?) , his deeds are documented, the bug hurt him, the chock (with water) can kill him and the mere sweat can turn him foul smelling.

مِسْكِينٌ اِبْنُ آدَمَ مَكْتُومُ اَلْأَجَلِ مَكْنُونُ اَلْعِلَلِ مَحْفُوظُ اَلْعَمَلِ تُؤْلِمُهُ اَلْبَقَّةُ وَ تَقْتُلُهُ اَلشَّرْقَةُ وَ تُنْتِنُهُ اَلْعَرْقَةُ

The question goes back to you, you're in Lebanon atm

So, are you enjoying the natural beauty, & the amazing smell that you go past every second ?

Lol yeah absolutely stunning , where else can you find such a unique view . It's a shame cos everything else is nice but the rubbish problem is spoiling it

Lol yeah absolutely stunning , where else can you find such a unique view . It's a shame cos everything else is nice but the rubbish problem is spoiling it

Yeah man, the beauty is real  -_- I don't know whether i should be thanking my parents for not taking me, or .... show them how angry i am for breaking their promise & not taking me to Leb this year, i mean, how could i even miss out on that beautiful view ?  :huh:

Edited by Rosiee

Yeah man, the beauty is real -_- I don't know whether i should be thanking my parents for not taking me, or .... show them how angry i am for breaking their promise & not taking me to Leb this year, i mean, how could i even miss out on that beautiful view ? :huh:

Lol it's good they didn't take you this year , go when they sort out the problems

Why are there heaps of un-attended garbage lying on the roads of Lebanon? What's wrong with the dumping operations?

because we only have one trash company in Lebanon and it's politicized.