Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please recite fatiha for my grandfather, he left us today!

My Grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I humbly ask you to recite a fateha for him and pray for my mother. May Allah bless the souls of your beloved who passed away and give you all a healthy,long li

Thoughts:   14th November 2015. Happy birthday dad! If you were still here you'd have turned 62 today, about the age people take retirement.   These 23 years have passed real quick.

Posted Images

By the grace of Almighty,I've successfully passed FCPS-1 in General surgery.Can't thank AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáìenough for bestowing this favour on me.

MashAllah:O

How did you find medical school, and how were you able to get into such a competitive field sister?

• Moderators

How did you find medical school, and how were you able to get into such a competitive field sister?

Best of luck!! Wish you happy PG training :)

I always wonder how people expect wahabis to look beyond what their scholars say, if we don't do the same.

If sunis take their scholars for granted without looking into the Hadiths and Quran themselves, then they'll never find wilaya of ahlulbayt.

So just like we expect others to question their scholars, we should all do the same. As well as question ourselves to start with.

We are supposed to be a thinking people.

• Moderators

^ and which exam was this?? may I ask...

Wow.... A year.. Such patience....all my life I have never been able to cross the one month mark... :D any longer and I have to fight the urge to put my books in a sack and throw the sack into a river.. :P

Edited by starlight
  • Moderators

It's Ancient History: The use and abuse of power in the Roman world. And if that's not enough, I've got a Classics exam next Tuesday (on epics like Virgil's Aeneid and Homer's Iliad) and then and English Language and Literature exam on Friday. 0_0

Impressive ...

may Allah reward you handsomely for all the hard work you put in

• Advanced Member

Best of luck!! Wish you happy PG training :)

Salam,sister!

It really warmed my heart to read your comment.May Allah(SWT) bless you with the best of health and Iman(ameen).

Salam,brother-in-faith!

Well,my genes made me do so.This mission driven spirit of being a Dr. runs in my family.with my mother and elder brother both being doctors,i wasn't left with much choice though but i guess i was destined to be a Dr. As Allah says in the Holy Quran,"and they planned,and Allah planned;and Allah is the best of planners"

Edited by saba fatima naqvi
  • Moderators

"I know a planet where there is a certain red-faced gentleman. He has never smelled a flower. He has never looked at a star. He has never loved any one. He has never done anything in his life but add up figures. And all day he says over and over, just like you: 'I am busy with matters of consequence!' And that makes him swell up with pride. But he is not a man - he is a mushroom!"

• Development Team

"I know a planet where there is a certain red-faced gentleman. He has never smelled a flower. He has never looked at a star. He has never loved any one. He has never done anything in his life but add up figures. And all day he says over and over, just like you: 'I am busy with matters of consequence!' And that makes him swell up with pride. But he is not a man - he is a mushroom!"

Le Petit Prince, great book. Left a big impression on me.

Confused thought:::

How do I tell my surgery attend/professor to stop patting me on my back whenever I answer a question right?

Doesn't he know you should not touch a muslim girl!! Maybe he doesn't bcoz he's an atheist.

I'm shadowing him for a short time so I don't want to make him angry...

Any advice?

Edited by EndlessMD
  • Moderators

Do we boys change to become more productive as we grow out of this age of "teenagehood"

LOL.

It has less to do with age and more to do with accepting responsibility. We live in a society that encourages an absurdly extended childhood, especially in males. Certainly not all, but I've met/heard of men who remain children their whole lives.

(Note that women can be the same, but in American culture anyway, this is less socially acceptable after having children.)

LOL.

It has less to do with age and more to do with accepting responsibility. We live in a society that encourages an absurdly extended childhood, especially in males. Certainly not all, but I've met/heard of men who remain children their whole lives.

(Note that women can be the same, but in American culture anyway, this is less socially acceptable after having children.)

I know accepting responsibility is a part of growing up but I was asking about whether our productivity increases as we grow and marry and thus become more mentally stable.

Like I carry out my responsibilities nicely and with care but when it comes to having free time to spend I want to study but it is finding the will to sit and study which is painful.

I was wondering whether this improves and studying becomes more habitual.

Also: I just drank a litre of water in one go, I feel sick and feel like vomiting :sick:

Edited by Khalilallah
  • Veteran Member

Farsi translation of this bit was so much nicer.

I'm not even trying to be a doosh.

The Farsi translation was done by Ahmad Shamloo, who was a poet.

Great book tho

Bob Ross was such a baws,

• Advanced Member

Do anyone know the name of this sheikh? Jazzakumullah khayr.

11418283_1627156034188658_1430142072_n.j

(salam), unfortunately I can't see the image right now, so I'm not sure if this is the right shayk or not, but if my remeber corrctly then the shaykh is the same one from this video:

In which case I believe his name is: 

الشيخ محمد باقر الأيرواني
  • Veteran Member

Yes, anything by raefipoor is excellent.

I saw his lecture on time management. It was decent, but for a lecture on time management, he could have made all of those points in a much smaller amount of time.

... then I saw what he said about China and Zionism. And I'm sorry but that was honestly the most incoherent mess I've ever heard.

There is a big problem when our speakers and lecturers and intellectuals can't step out of their bubble and stop thinking that the world revolves around us. This guy Raefipoor basically says that any struggle that China had with the West in the past was all a game and all for show. 1.5 million Chinese died in the Korean war, and a lot of hawks in the US were very much in favor of nuking China (back before they became a nuclear power). The rhetoric they published about China in their newspapers and magazines back in the 50s and 60s were every bit as nasty as the stuff they say about Iran today (even suggesting that life has no value for the Chinese and that they are ready to die to get their 72 virgins... I'm not even joking, they said stuff just like that). What is his evidence to suggest that this was all for show? 

If he dislikes China, fine. He should provide reasons for that, not advance conspiracy theories that are convenient for him but highly unlikely. 

The other thing that bothered me is that he is suggesting that the Zionists are in control of every world power, including Russia and China. Again, simply because our world revolves around Zionism -- with many of the problems in our region being caused by Zionism and with the Western governments being in the hand of Zionists -- he assumes that the entire world is the same. No. Most Chinese probably don't even care about Palestine or Israel. Not just the common people but the government officials as well. They probably don't care. It's not really on their radar, one way or another. I'm not saying that that's a good thing; I'm saying that if the Zionists truly ran China, that would not be the case. If the Zionists ran China, everything would revolve around Jewish suffering. 

And then he brings up that many of the founders of the USSR were Jews. Well yeah that's true but firstly, the USSR isn't around anymore. And secondly, the USSR as it was founded initially was very different from the country it would become. For one, the biggest Jew among the original Bolsheviks -- Trotsky -- was excommunicated and then executed while he was in exile. And the USSR severed diplomatic ties with Israel in 1967 (or maybe 1973, I don't remember). Even if the USSR were still around, his point is not relevant.

I don't like all this boogeyman stuff. If you don't like a country, provide some reasons. Not suspicions and paranoia. 

I'm not saying China is great. I'm saying if someone wants to prove that China is evil, they have to do better than that.

• Veteran Member

How do I tell my surgery attend/professor to stop patting me on my back whenever I answer a question right?

Doesn't he know you should not touch a muslim girl!! Maybe he doesn't bcoz he's an atheist.

Any advice?

Welcome back !

Great to hear that your hands are covered with blood now!

• Veteran Member

Any advice?

Twitch your shoulders on the touch, wriggle slightly, twist subtly, squirm a little, with a concomitant little expression on your face of "oh" like this -->  :o But do not forget to top it immediately with a bashful, sheepish grin, with eyes cast down to the floor. If you can feign red apples to appear in the round of your cheeks, all the better.

If he still doesn't get it, he needs to spend immersion course in Islam for Dummies.

• Veteran Member

(salam), unfortunately I can't see the image right now, so I'm not sure if this is the right shayk or not, but if my remeber corrctly then the shaykh is the same one from this video:

In which case I believe his name is: 

الشيخ محمد باقر الأيرواني

Ahsant, wa jazzakallah khayr. Yes, it's this sheikh.

Wa alaykum al salam wa rahmatallahi wa barakatu.

If you can find the book/share the name of it, that would be amazing brother, JazakAllah khayr for sharing a very thought-provoking message.

salam alaikum, i have the book in front of me and it's not the one i thought it was, which is called 'secret of prayer'. instead it's called 'Surat Hamd' .. i mixed up those books by Imam Sayyid Ruhullah Khomenei :)

anyway i'll quickly translate from German what is written there:

_____

_____

Emmigrate (Hijra) to Allah

We haven't even started the journey. Some who have left this pothole, have fulfilled the emigration .. the hijra .. to Allah

And whoever emigrates for the cause of Allah will find on the earth many [alternative] locations and abundance. And whoever leaves his home as an emigrant to Allah and His Messenger and then death overtakes him - his reward has already become incumbent upon Allah . … 4:100

Probably the Hjra above is in reference to a Hijra of the self to Allah. The house is the soul, - the self of the soul. There are people who left their house and emigrated out of this house of darkness and selfishness, to "emigrant to Allah and His Messenger"  till they arrived there, and then death overtakes him, till they reached a level where there was nothing left of their former selves, and they were dead of their former selves - an absolute death. And their reward is with God: his reward has already become incumbent upon Allah . It's not about a different reward, nor about Paradise. It's not about heavenly enjoyment, but only about Allah. He who leaves the house of his selfishness and gets himself in motion towards  emigrating to Allah and His Messenger , then death overtakes him , after which  death overtakes him  , this person will have nothing left of his self. What he is, is from Him. If he experiences this in his emigration, then his reward is with God.

There is another group of people, who also emigrated, and also reached the goal, and their reward is with God. They are continuously upon the Hijra, but they did not arrive at the signs of the Hjra, namely adrakahu al-maut (then death overtakes him).

And then there is yet another group of people like us, with whom no Hijra whatsoever occurs. We are in the dark. We are trapped in a deep pit because of the worldly, the ways of nature, and above all our egocentricity. We are sitting in this house, namely the house of selfishness. This way we see none than ourselves. The "self" exists, and other than the self nothing else exists. We did not yet think about emigrating. Our thoughts only turn around the "here".

____

____

just realized now that it's online in English too .. i'll leave mine because it more clearly refers to Quran verses , the way it's written in the hard copy German translation:

Emigration

We have not yet started even moving, but there are some people who have not only came out of the abyss but have also emigrated from that stage. The Holy Qur'an says:

He who leaves his home, emigrating for the sake of Allah and His Messenger and is then overtaken by death, shall surely to be rewarded by Allah. (Surah an-Nisa', 4:l00)

According to one possible interpretation 'emigration' here might have meant going from oneself to Allah and 'home' might have meant one's lower self. In this case the whole verse would mean that there were some people who came out of the dark and dingy home of their base desires and continued to move towards Allah till they were overtaken by death, that is they passed away from self to survive in Allah, who was to reward them.

In other words Allah Himself is their reward, for they attach no importance to Paradise and the bounties found therein. Their sole objective is Allah, because for a person who undertakes the path of self-annihilation and proceeds towards Allah and His Prophet, nothing is left which he could call his own. For him everything belongs to Allah.

He who reaches this stage is surely to be rewarded by Allah. It may be noted that there are some who have reached their desired goal after emigration, while there are some others who though they emigrated, yet they could not reach the stage of passing away in Allah. The third category is that of the people like us who could not emigrate at all and are still groping in darkness.

We are not only lost in the labyrinth of the mundane things but are also a prey to selfishness and egoism so much that we cannot see anything beyond our self-interest. We want everything for ourselves, for we think that nothing except us has any value. We have not yet thought of emigrating, because our thinking is limited to this world only.

i'm impressed by this al-islam.org .. they really have almost everything on there masha Allah!
  • Veteran Member

Twitch your shoulders on the touch, wriggle slightly, twist subtly, squirm a little, with a concomitant little expression on your face of "oh" like this -->  :o But do not forget to top it immediately with a bashful, sheepish grin, with eyes cast down to the floor. If you can feign red apples to appear in the round of your cheeks, all the better.

If he still doesn't get it, he needs to spend immersion course in Islam for Dummies.

The bashful grin might encourage him. Just shrug it off and act bothered by it. 

• Veteran Member

The bashful grin might encourage him. Just shrug it off and act bothered by it. 

The sis doesn't want to offend the boss. So acting too bothered might not be very diplomatic. Enough squirming preceded by the embarrassed grin would, I hope. convey the message.