Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please recite fatiha for my grandfather, he left us today!

My Grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I humbly ask you to recite a fateha for him and pray for my mother. May Allah bless the souls of your beloved who passed away and give you all a healthy,long li

Thoughts:   14th November 2015. Happy birthday dad! If you were still here you'd have turned 62 today, about the age people take retirement.   These 23 years have passed real quick.

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

Perceived Corruption Index 2014: http://www.transparency.org/cpi2014/results

I find it surprising that Iran and Russia are found to be more corrupt than a country like Pakistan. Also, apparently Saudi and its fellow monarchies are less corrupt than secular Azerbaijan. And Iran is getting less corrupt as it was from last year, but Iraq still maintains the same amount of corruptness as last year. Pretty cool rankings though.

The countries one of us would most likely to be more interested in are ranked as follows:

170 - Iraq (sixth most corrupt perceived)

161 - Yemen

159 - Syria

136 - Russia, Nigeria, Lebanon, and Iran

126 - Pakistan, Azerbaijan

119 - Tanzania

94 - Egypt

85 - India

64 - Turkey

55 - Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Jordan

37 - Israel

17 - U.S.

14 - U.K.

12 - Germany

11- Australia

10 - Canada

1 - Denmark

Edited by Jaabir
  • Veteran Member

AnaAmaar1, (salam)

The problem with Isa (as) is that what accurately survived about him( (as) is so corrupted by the evilgelicals it is best to leave any discussion to scholars or people who have done exegesis. (Popular quips doesn't cut it.)

• Advanced Member
Taken from a larger hadith, found in al-Mahāsin:

Imam al-Sadiq (as) said:

إذا سألت عن شئ ففرغ قلبك لفهمه

"When you ask about something, free your heart in order to understand."

[book 1, Volume 2, Hadith 63]

Edited by Ali Musaaa :)
  • Advanced Member

Ya Allah,please save these people...brothers and sisters, lets make dua for the people trapped on a burning car ferry in Greece.Rough sea makes a rescue really difficult since the morning.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/norman-atlantic-ablaze-major-rescue-under-way-as-greeceitaly-ferry-evacuated-in-high-winds-9946679.html

Edited by mina313
  • Advanced Member

Great Sunni reciters in my opinion:

Fahd al Kandari

Mishary Rashid al Afasy

Tawfeeq as Sayegh

Nasir al Qatami

Abdul Aziz az Zahrani

Salman Utaiby

Great Shia reciters in my opinion:

Maitham at Tammar 

Get the point?

Unheard of Shia muslims with beautiful voices that I recommend you all should hear:

Abdul Hay al Qambar

Muhammad bojbarat (probably have to spell it in Arabic because videos are in Arabic only)

3qeel Ahmad (same as above)

Sayyid Faqid Mosawi (same as above)

Murtada qurayshi (same as above)

I know most of you will probably not search these wonderful voices up but for anyone willing to do it, I know they will be amazed with these voices.

Edited by shiamehdi14
  • Advanced Member

Great Sunni reciters in my opinion:

Fahd al Kandari

Mishary Rashid al Afasy

Tawfeeq as Sayegh

Nasir al Qatami

Abdul Aziz az Zahrani

Salman Utaiby

Great Shia reciters in my opinion:

Maitham at Tammar 

Get the point?

Unheard of Shia muslims with beautiful voices that I recommend you all should hear:

Abdul Hay al Qambar

Muhammad bojbarat (probably have to spell it in Arabic because videos are in Arabic only)

3qeel Ahmad (same as above)

Sayyid Faqid Mosawi (same as above)

Murtada qurayshi (same as above)

I know most of you will probably not search these wonderful voices up but for anyone willing to do it, I know they will be amazed with these voices.

(salam)

Dear brother, if you can kindly make a thread and link the videos of recitations please, that will more convenient, i searched them in english but..........

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Dear brother, if you can kindly make a thread and link the videos of recitations please, that will more convenient, i searched them in english but..........

I will give you a good trick.

- Copy the name and paste it in Google Translate, and thus you will have the name in arabic. Simple and cool (I use it myself). 

• Advanced Member

“Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth; a likeness of His light is as a niche in which is a lamp, the lamp is in a glass, (and) the glass is as it were a brightly shining star, lit from a blessed olive-tree, neither eastern nor western, the oil whereof almost gives light though fire touch it not– light upon light– Allah guides to His light whom He pleases, and Allah sets forth parables for men, and Allah is Cognizant of all things.” (24:35)

“Abu ‘Abdillãh (sawa) said, concerning the words of Allãh, the Sublime: ‘Allãh is the Light of the heavens and the earth: the likeness of His Light is as a niche, Fãtimah (as); wherein is a lamp, al-Hasan, the lamp in a glass, al-Husayn, the glass as it were a glittering star, Fãtimah is the glittering star among the women of this world; kindled from a blessed tree, Ibrãhīm (as). An olive that is neither of the East nor of the West, neither of Judaism nor of Christianity, whose oil well-nigh would shine, knowledge would burst out by it, even if no fire touched it. Light upon light, Imãm from it (the tree), after Imãm; Allãh guides to His Light whom He will – Allãh guides to the Imãms whom He will; Allãh strikes similitudes for men (an-Nũr, 24:35).’ I said: ‘Or they are as shadows (upon a sea obscure).’ He said: ‘The first, and his companion. Covered by a billow, the third, above which is a billow (above which are clouds), shadows, the second, piled one upon another, Mu‘ãwiyah, may Allãh curse him, and the commotions of the Banũ Umayyah (the Umayyids); when he puts forth his hand, the believer in the darkness of their commotions, well-nigh he cannot see it. And to whomsoever Allãh assigns no light, an Imãm from the children of Fãtimah (as), no light has he, (an-Nũr, 24:40) an Imãm on the Day of Resurrection.’ He said, concerning His words: (Upon the day when thou seest the believers, men and women,) their light running before them, and on their right hands (al-Hadid, 57:12): ‘On the Day of Resurrection the Imãms of the believers run before the believers and on their right hands, till they have set them down in the abodes of the people of Paradise.'”

Source: Usool Al-Kafi, Volume 1, Hadith #513

Grading: Allaamah Majlisi (rh) said the first chain is weak, and the second chain is Sahih/Authentic (ضعيف بالسند الول صحيح بالسند الثاني) [Mira’at Al-Uqool, Volume 2, Page 358]

Credit: http://purifiedhousehold.com