Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Hello,

You should write: "Life with women is a headache"

And ice cream causes cavities, sunshine causes sunburn, laughter gives you wrinkles and flowers make you sneeze.  Does living with women cause headaches?  Yea.  :)  And, I am sure women would say just the opposite.  But, such a small price to pay.  I'll take the cavity, the sunburn, the wrinkles, the headache and a few sneezes.

All the Best,

David

(salam)

I have an arabic oral speech to present today. I'm quite nervous but insha'Allah khayr. I could really use the Du'a of all you kind individuals on SC ^_^

Wa alaikum es-salam.

I made du'a for you. Please do so likewise for me.

I wish I could speak Arabic :(

(salam)

David66: "small price to pay"? Hmmmmm, not to me. Maybe I am a miser or maybe I could just do without the headaches.

Quote from a website:

"If you think you are tops, you won't do much climbing."

--I couldn't get the attribution

Hellos Dave,

Yes, I find green olives much tastier then the black. If you want green olives you need to harvest them a couple weeks earlier before they ripe and become black. The longer you wait on the olives they darken and drop to the floor. These olives are still used for the oil.

TC,

L

^ Hello,

Thanks for the information and the link to article. Very informative.

I have never tasted olive oil from that region. But I hope to someday. Most of the olive oil sold in the grocery stores here are a blend of oils from North Africa, Italy and Greece.

I love olives also. In the article it mentions a black olive that is used for oil. Are the black olives that we eat different than the green olives that we eat? I was once told it is the same type of olive but a different curing process turns it black.

All the Best,

David

They withdrew swords and spears against Hussain the Shahid (martyr)

O'Hussain un Hussain un Hussain un O' wahid ( alone)

O Ali,

Hussain...the army raided on him.

Where is the death of enemies

Where is ZulFiqar

Singled and stranger, Hussain, was in the desert among thirty thousand circling him.

Zainab, from her tent, she ran

O Zainab, she watched him

Upon him the arrows raining

Here are swords and there are stones

O Hussain, and there are stabbing spears

O armies of enemies, take me

And leave son of my mother

Beloved

His blood is pouring

Thoughts:

Muharram comes; female majaalis start; rishta aunties come in action...

Reminds me of this: How it Happened by Shazaf Fatima. A good, light novel that we can all (especially the urban Pakistani peeps) identify with. 

I usually cant stand Russell Brand, but appreciated some of the points he made in this interview and the passionate way he speaks:

Did you check out the original interview with Paxman? It was far better.

Russell Brand is a moron. He is completely incapable of rational debate.

His concerns are legitimate and cut to the very core of the social/economic problems in the UK, he is only able to do this because he is a celebrity.  Given his industry, it is rather refreshing to see, and it is far more effective than coming from some 'rational' economist the public couldn't care less about or a genuinely concerned one who wouldn't get a TV spot in the first place.

"Whenever I see a tyrant or despot, I try and imagine them on the toilet..."

The gist of Sayed Mahdi Modarressi's (ha) Lecture last night, night 3 muharram on Ahlul Bayt TV.

You think of yourself as a big something- in reality, THAT comes out of yourself?! Look at yourself! 

Sayed Mahdi is among the most gangsta speakers we have in the west. Seriously, I'd thoroughly recommend going through 1436 muharram lectures of his.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235026068-sayed-mahdi-modaressi-muharram-lectures-2014/#entry2746888

Another excellent series that myself and a close family member are really enjoying:

Hujjat al Islam Amin Rastani (ha) and his muharram 1435 lectures. Particularly this lecture:

Now, the reason why I love this so much is because he essentially explains Islamic Sayr wa Suluk in a few analogies. When an alim comes to you, and promises to explain it all in 30 minutes (via comparisons with Karate Kid and going to the gym!- so the lecture is for everyone!) you know this lecturer is a legend!

ws

Edited by h_al_s

I made a comic strip.

I would like yall's feedback.

Not on the drawings, of course. I know the drawings are c.rap, I'm not stupid.

But I want to know if the idea itself is good. Is it humorous and true? Does it resonate? I have some more ideas for comic strips but I'm not sure if anyone would think they are good.

Don't laugh at the drawings, please. I haven't drawn since I was a kid. here it is

Drawing is good

Idea is lame