Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Saw this picture on AhlulBayt TV's fb page, powerful stuff!

10410573_10154722022260082_4621551790774

you know what really rustle my jimmies.

watching all american presidents and british prime ministers(former and recent both) live in peace while they play their dirty games in muslim countries.

we can add one more column to this picture with Maloon Zia ul Haq and Shaheed Arif Hussain al Hussaini.

you know what really rustle my jimmies.

watching all american presidents and british prime ministers(former and recent both) live in peace while they play their dirty games in muslim countries.

we can add one more column to this picture with Maloon Zia ul Haq and Shaheed Arif Hussain al Hussaini.

One day Allah will humiliate them brother if not on earth then on yaum ul qayamah

Hello,

He drove past Dearborn once.

He rolled up his windows though.

^ Funny  :D  

But seriously, I have driven past many times on work related trips.  Dearborn isn't too far from where I live.  I keep planning on taking some time and checking it out but I have yet to do so.

All the Best,

David

Edited by David66

Please sign and share this petition. It may not necessarily make a difference (and tbh I don't think it will) but we can at least make an effort. May Allah SWT protect Sheikh Nimr.

https://www.change.org/p/mr-ban-ki-moon-stop-unjust-execution-of-shia-cleric-ayatollah-sheikh-nimr-baqir-al-nimr-by-saudi-government-and-immediate-release-him-from-imprisonment

Hellos Dave,

I hope you don't mind the short version of your name. :) Have you tried extra virgin olive oil from Palestine, Lebanon, or Syria?

You can't eat them raw right from the tree. It's a process before you can eat them.

Olives are either pressed for olive oil or pickled in a jar to eat throughout the year.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Culture/Lifestyle/2012/Oct-20/192056-olive-season-kicks-off-across-lebanon.ashx

I love olives! Mmmmmmm

I wonder if there are any lebs here who harvest olives too.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Hello,

Sounds fun. I have never picked olives. Can you eat them raw? What do you do with them after you pick them?

All the Best,

David

^ Hello,

Thanks for the information and the link to article.  Very informative.

I have never tasted olive oil from that region.  But I hope to someday.  Most of the olive oil sold in the grocery stores here are a blend of oils from North Africa, Italy and Greece.

I love olives also.  In the article it mentions a black olive that is used for oil.  Are the black olives that we eat different than the green olives that we eat? I was once told it is the same type of olive but a different curing process turns it black.

All the Best,

David

Edited by David66

Salaamun Alaykum

This book is literally the most amazing thing that I have ever read. Honestly, it is so beautiful, so eloquent and it has the keys to "discerning the beauty of the beloved". These days, whenever I find myself with free time- be it travelling or before a lesson etc. I find myself drawn to this most amazing book. Sometimes I find myself delaying my schoolwork just to read it, and keep reading over and over again the different chapters. 

Forty hadith, by the Late Imam Khomeini is one book that I recommend to you all. In fact, it isn't just a minor recommendation- this book is literally incredible. Honestly, somebody who doesn't at least read the first 10 or so chapters is a real loser- and that is reading with full concentration and understanding.

God willing we benefit from this gem of a book

http://www.al-islam.org/forty-hadith-an-exposition-second-edition-imam-khomeini

ws

Hello,

You should write: "Life with women is a headache"

And ice cream causes cavities, sunshine causes sunburn, laughter gives you wrinkles and flowers make you sneeze.  Does living with women cause headaches?  Yea.  :)  And, I am sure women would say just the opposite.  But, such a small price to pay.  I'll take the cavity, the sunburn, the wrinkles, the headache and a few sneezes.

All the Best,

David

(salam)

I have an arabic oral speech to present today. I'm quite nervous but insha'Allah khayr. I could really use the Du'a of all you kind individuals on SC ^_^

Wa alaikum es-salam.

I made du'a for you. Please do so likewise for me.

I wish I could speak Arabic :(

(salam)

David66: "small price to pay"? Hmmmmm, not to me. Maybe I am a miser or maybe I could just do without the headaches.

Quote from a website:

"If you think you are tops, you won't do much climbing."

--I couldn't get the attribution

Hellos Dave,

Yes, I find green olives much tastier then the black. If you want green olives you need to harvest them a couple weeks earlier before they ripe and become black. The longer you wait on the olives they darken and drop to the floor. These olives are still used for the oil.

TC,

L

^ Hello,

Thanks for the information and the link to article. Very informative.

I have never tasted olive oil from that region. But I hope to someday. Most of the olive oil sold in the grocery stores here are a blend of oils from North Africa, Italy and Greece.

I love olives also. In the article it mentions a black olive that is used for oil. Are the black olives that we eat different than the green olives that we eat? I was once told it is the same type of olive but a different curing process turns it black.

All the Best,

David