Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Watching this video was annoying, it seems like the "oppression of women" has grown into this mantra. It's so dramatized. I don't really know much about her case, and 4 minutes isn't enough to judge but, out of everything that could have been shared in regards to the heart-wrenching stories that are unheard of in Palestine, everything she said seemed mundane. 

My God, I was about to pull my hair out the other day. I was on the precipice of bursting into tears. It was horrible; torture one may say!

I was trying to cram for my exam 30 minutes before writing it, and these three imbeciles next to me are having a wonderful time of their own. Two girls, one guy - all idiots. One girl literally laughed at everything the guy said and exposed her giraffe-gums every damn time. The other girl would use the word "axe" instead of the word "ask," anybody reading this could probably guess the ethnicity of these nincompoops. I, being the grammar Nazi that I love to be, was contemplating whether to axe this girl to death before asking her friends if they would also like some axing action.

This particular breed needs to be extinct. I will start a campaign to eradicate all this poison from our planet. The inhumanity must be stopped, fee sabeelillah!

ae92978944bd46dcb38fefa6b2d082bf.jpg

Edited by Jaabir ibn Hayyan

Aussies are upset there's no more White Australia.

Any place else and these guys would have got the beating of the lifetime.

WARNING: Swearing.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=979771752039318&set=vb.213950138621487&type=2&theater

That was two drunks.  No need to denigrate all of Australia who stood up for the security guard in the 100's of thousands in social media and in court and spewed over the jerks.

He also was arrested http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/security-guard-subject-to-racial-attack-on-brisbane-train-speaks-out/story-fnihsrf2-1227089397578?nk=e73235c6c2ed20ebfdf7afc7aa8a0a0b 

Racist rants are disgusting but how they are dealt with are a true measure of a community.  

How would this be handled in Pakistan?  

Edited by forte

Watching this video was annoying, it seems like the "oppression of women" has grown into this mantra. It's so dramatized. I don't really know much about her case, and 4 minutes isn't enough to judge but, out of everything that could have been shared in regards to the heart-wrenching stories that are unheard of in Palestine, everything she said seemed mundane. 

yes 

I really would like to know more about her intention behind saying this story at an American TEDx.  Receiving fame? or really telling others that women are oppressed over there in the middle east..? receiving help from the audience ?

me neither, i cannot judge her case, maybe its true that she was oppressed  . The mentality of people in gaza may be different than americans ,towards women working as a journalist, because maybe they are afraid she gets bombed ..they tend to be very protective to females, she maybe mistook it as an oppression .

je sais pas. 

She is also receiving a lot of western support from the comments, she fits the 'west agenda' .   Other palestianians in the comment are trying to say that male and female have equality in jobs in Gaza . no descrimination.

No one can judge only Allah

(salam)

Jaabir ib Hayyan, post 19134: you scribbled:

"I will start a campaign to eradicate all this poison from our planet. The inhumanity must be stopped..."

A little over reaction on other people's impoliteness.

Learn to "tune out" distractions. Most we can.

The other girl would use the word "axe" instead of the word "ask," anybody reading this could probably guess the ethnicity of these nincompoops.

This was really dumb and racist and I'm glad you were annoyed because you deserve to be annoyed.

Looks like I've got some housekeeping to do regarding my previous post being taken highly out of context:

1.) There was little to no emphasis on the backgrounds of the people I was talking about. I guess I just added the part about their ethnicity because I felt the need to detail everything in a comment where I'm venting my frustrations. (I guess that's the way I vent!) But I did notice something interesting here - I didn't state the people's ethnicity... but apparently people here already know the backgrounds of the people I was talking about? And I'm the racist here?

2.) What's even more funny is that the girl and the guy who were using the term "axe" instead of "ask" were not even black - they spoke Spanish with one another at times and I'm pretty sure they were a couple. The other girl that I talked about that laughed too often would tell them to speak English because she couldn't understand them, and yes, I assume she was of African descent. On a side note: my choice of words in the last part of that paragraph/sentence was quite poor, which is probably the cause of this uproar.

3.) A lot of that comment was exaggeration not meant to be taken as seriously as it was. Sort of like when someone says: 

How can a nation live with itself knowing how retarded they are?

And now to address this ingenuity:

This was really dumb and racist and I'm glad you were annoyed because you deserve to be annoyed.

Ouch, that one really hurt. Ya`ni, I must really be a top-notch racist if Mr. "All Canadians are retarded" says so. But what do I know? After all, I do consider myself an average North American. According to Sir Ill-wisher over here, I know nothing.

Secondly, you should at least try to be a bit more specific. Or, would you prefer that the next time I refer to you, I call you the "Paki/Indian/Chinese/whatever"?

Pakistan neighbors Iran and you seem to know less about Iran than the average American or Canadian (which is, last I checked: nothing). You should try to be at least not completely ignorant about us.

Edited by Jaabir ibn Hayyan

today's mantra: (Imam Ali)

“Silence is the best reply to a fool.”

"I have never argued with an ignorant fool and won; nor have I argued with a rational person and lost"

"I have never argued with an ignorant fool and won; nor have I argued with a rational person and lost"

anybody reading this could probably guess the ethnicity of these nincompoops. 

This particular breed needs to be extinct. I will start a campaign to eradicate all this poison from our planet. The inhumanity must be stopped, fee sabeelillah!

What kind of idiot would even THINK like this?  You call yourself a Muslim?  Open your eyes and turn on your brain and stop being an idiot.  If he isn't your brother in religion he is your brother in  humanity.

I despise racism.  It is the worst kind of stupidity.  It's even worse when the racist pig claims to be Muslim.

^^ Hello Notme,

I can't quite agree with your view that it is worse when the racist is Muslim.  Racism is harmful to society regardless of ones religious beliefs.  But, I understand the feeling.  I would also be embarrassed to have anyone associated with me state such views.

Jaabir claims his words were taken out of context.  I am not sure how this can be the case.  Lets hope English is his second language and his views are not so extreme, vial and corrosive as his post would indicate.

All the Best,

David

I can't quite agree with your view that it is worse when the racist is Muslim. Racism is harmful to society regardless of ones religious beliefs.

David, Islam teaches that we are all brothers and sisters, that no race or ethnicity is superior or inferior. A Muslim definitely knows better if he has even the most basic familiarity with the Quran.

Yes, let us hope that the issue is with the poster's communication skills, not with his mind.

Edited by notme

^ Hello,

David, Islam teaches that we are all brothers and sisters, that no race or ethnicity is superior or inferior.

Islam may teach this.  But, in the Islamic countries I have visited, it seems most were not listening.

All the Best,

David

^ Hello,

Saudi Arabia and Turkey.

And, the same goes for "Christian" countries.  A person may go to church every Sunday.  Yet, you still see racism from the most devout.

It seems religion, overall, is not capable of suppressing the hatred humans have towards those that are different. 

All the Best,

David

What kind of idiot would even THINK like this?  You call yourself a Muslim?  Open your eyes and turn on your brain and stop being an idiot.  If he isn't your brother in religion he is your brother in  humanity.

I despise racism.  It is the worst kind of stupidity.  It's even worse when the racist pig claims to be Muslim.

See here, whoever you are: You calling me an idiot, I don't mind. You implying that I'm a racist pig, I don't mind. You questioning what kind of a Muslim I am; that's where I draw the line.

I don't make things personal and I don't care much when some cyber-warrior feels the need to start spewing insults, but why don't you leave my "Muslim-ness" ; of which you know absolutely nothing about, out of this. 

Oh, and not that I need to explain anything to the likes of you, read my previous post if you've missed it. If you've already read it, then re-read it because you clearly didn't get it. I really don't care if a genius like you thinks I'm a racist, so before you start your spiel again if you still don't get it, just know that I really don't care what you think. I am not a racist and I don't have to prove it to you or your like.

Ok. This is getting ridiculously out of hand and when it really shouldn't....

JIH, your post was racist and insulting. Accept that as a mistake to learn from and move on.

And you're not doing the same thing?

How can a nation live with itself knowing how retarded they are?

They can't even know enough about the country directly to the south of them to name their pizza chain "New York Pizza" or "Chicago Pizza?"

Edited by Al-Najashi

Guys, seriously- chillout. We dont need to hold each other by the neck in public. Maybe send a pm to anothee person telling them what they think their post should be changed to/by... but it doesnt make anyone look good when we are fighting in the most chilled topic on the forum... we dont need to resulr insults- just take the advice and thats all.

In future, it is good practice for us to think if my post will offend anyone or cause Islam to be shown in a bad light. Or if i am giving advixe, to make sure i am doing it in the kindest possible manner- if i give advice to someone but its really an arrogance builsing exercise then im not doing amr bil maroof properly and need to pick a diffeewnt way.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

Your plans for the weekend?

Who wants to pick olives? :)

Oh, and I love the fall weather. Just so beautiful and a clean smell when it rains.

I was walking the boys to school. We pass by a neighborhood and on the ground someone chalked the word D3ish. Feels good to step on it. I should carry a camera with me.

Joum3 Mubaraka brothers and sisters. Please include the sick, mujahedeen, and the oppressed in your du32s.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Okay, this is crazy, wow.

See, I was listening to a sheikh speaking. So, he reads an ayat from the quran, and I think I liked it, or I was inspired by the ayat,  so I want to find a transliteration of the quran (online), and I click randomly on a surah, and I swear, the surah I clicked on contained this ayat which the sheikh was reciting (it was the third ayat).

"'Aĥasiba An-Nāsu 'An Yutrakū 'An Yaqūlū 'Āmannā Wa Hum Lā Yuftanūna" 

(Ankabut)

Subhanallah!

Edited by Ali-F

Hello,

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

Your plans for the weekend?

Who wants to pick olives? :)

Sounds fun.  I have never picked olives.  Can you eat them raw?  What do you do with them after you pick them?

All the Best,

David

This is interesting and very true.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/16/understanding-introverts-_n_5989656.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

What does Islam say about introverts? In some cultures, it's just considered personality type but in other cultures it's considered childish and being immature and at some point in life you are expected to grow out of it. 

A lot of us (members on ShiaChat) have become very quick at criticizing others and judging them when they open a topic and post their doubts .  Instead of calmly responding and helping the person  , the attacks and accusations quickly start..  whether that person is a sunni , or a shia or any faith . 

No wonder why ShiaChat has become more quiet since a while. People are afraid of being judged when they post. 

I miss the old days in here. 

Edited by -Enlightened