Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

"It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.
It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive. 
It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain!I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it, or fix it. 
I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own, if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, to be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human. 
It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul...
I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence. 
I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, “Yes!”
It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up, after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done to feed the children. 
It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back. 
It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away. 
I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments."
--Oriah Mountain Dreamer

punjab is famous for its rural culture.

Most of the agriculture and dairy products are produced in punjab (indian punjab + pakistani punjab)

so punjabis are usually fond of the dairy products like milk,youghurt,lassi (better version of dogh) ,khoya etc.

Being fat is considered healthy in rural culture.

Punjabi men usually like curvy women.

cows are fat.cows produce milk.

i think you can understand it from here.

O, i thought it was saying that Punjabi men care for their cows more than they love their wives...

O, i thought it was saying that Punjabi men care for their cows more than they love their wives...

This reading of the comic is not very far from the truth :D

There are great sushi houses in Karachi..and unlike Boston Pizza which isn't in Boston, Karachi sushi places are in Karachi.

Bro the problem isn't that the pizza places are not located in Boston, the problem is that there is no such thing as a Boston-style pizza. Boston isn't known for pizza.

It makes no sense to name it that.

Bro the problem isn't that the pizza places are not located in Boston, the problem is that there is no such thing as a Boston-style pizza. Boston isn't known for pizza.

Poor Boston, known only for their baked beans.  

Maybe the restaurant owners tried beans first and just couldn't get enough business to stay in business so they switched to a more popular food.

Dude... you've got to brush up on your business. The reason why you have several business franchises that have names after places of the world is because those places are recognizable and established. Boston has several successful sports teams and is one of the most known cities in the world, so whoever named the business "Boston Pizza" didn't name it by picking a slip of paper out of a hat. It's just an unorthodox way of naming a business, but effective nonetheless.

Same thing with New York Fries (if you haven't heard of it, it's also Canada-based). The founders probably named it because New York was so popular and recognizable as a city itself, so the owners probably named a food they produced that the city is not even known for.

How can a nation live with itself knowing how retarded they are?

Eh?

Edited by Jaabir ibn Hayyan

Dude... you've got to brush up on your business. The reason why you have several business franchises that have names after places of the world is because those places are recognizable and established. Boston has several successful sports teams and is one of the most known cities in the world, so whoever named the business "Boston Pizza" didn't name it by picking a slip of paper out of a hat. It's just an unorthodox way of naming a business, but effective nonetheless.

Same thing with New York Fries (if you haven't heard of it, it's also Canada-based). The founders probably named it because New York was so popular and recognizable as a city itself, so the owners probably named a food they produced that the city is not even known for.

Is Boston a more "marketable" city than New York or Chicago?

New York is the most culturally relevant and populous city in the US by a wide margin. Chicago is the third most populous.

In comparison to these two cities, Boston is rather small and provincial.

New York is known for its pizza.

Chicago is known for its pizza.

Boston is not.

innerestin'...

_78073692_jen4.jpg

"You know you're dealing with some serious Islamic hardliners when they blur out your face to protect Islamic modesty… [but] chose to make it blurry rather than to black it out entirely - I suppose they did that so you could still tell that I was a blonde, white American girl. The holy grail of Muslim converts - so to speak."

The blonde white American girl in question - Jennifer Williams, a researcher for the Brookings Institution's Center for Middle East Policy - joined a tongue-in-cheek hashtag movement called #MuslimApologies, and found herself at the centre of attention among members of the Islamic extremist community.

"Last Monday, I had 60 followers on Twitter. Today, I have more than 4,300," Williams wrote in a blog post on Brookings publication Lawfare. "But here's the problem: A healthy number of them are Islamic extremists, including no small number of supporters of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria."

On 24 September, Williams tweeted her #MuslimApology that very briefly shared her own Muslim conversion story.

While Williams says she detests "the twisted interpretations of Islam" espoused by the likes of al-Qaeda and IS ("Can't believe I even have to say that," she tweeted at those who question her motives), many (including some non-Muslim Americans) misunderstood her message.

"Then things took an unexpected turn. My tweet went viral - at last check, it had been retweeted more than 11,300 times - and I soon began to notice a disturbing trend: of the thousands of people who were retweeting and following me, many of them had the black flag of Isis as their Twitter profile photos. Others had pictures of themselves holding swords, standing in front of the black Isis flag. Uh-oh."

Williams points out that many ignore her many tweets that go against the ideology of extremists, including actively try to get the "#No2ISIS" hashtag trending.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-29528216

Happy World Mental Health Day everyone! post-73242-0-74182500-1342726119.jpg

10636038_923889654387039_593467620683281

Saw this on Facebook and thought of sister Ruq straight away :P

Whaheeeeee post-73242-0-47204300-1340978185.gif i'm associated with the cutest animals in existence.

(salam)

When people lose their fundamental sense of physical well-being:

"Hidden STD Epidemic: 110 Million Infections in the U.S.", by Baher Ghollpour, 10Oct14

-- has data and source

-- about 2003, I listened on the radio to a county health pro from Georgia who said that in her county, the average 10 year-old-girl had 2 1/2 sex diseases.

10518706_735771009829169_569386285720805

I recommend the families to allow the girls to #study. Out of #religious fanaticism, no parents should think that they should deprive their #daughter from higher education!
#Islam hasn't said such a thing. Islam does not draw any distinctions between boys and girls for acquiring#knowledge. If your son is pursuing his higher education then you should also allow your daughter to pursue her higher #education. Allow our young girls to study, acquire knowledge, be informed and get to know their dignity
and appreciate themselves in order to understand how baseless and hollow the #propaganda of the global#arrogance in regards with #women is. Under the shadow of knowledge, these things can be understood.
Ayatollah #Khamenei, 18/9/1996

Salam brothers and sisters,

Kindly vote for brother A.G Kareem, who has been nominated for the "Humanitarian Hero of The Year Award", brother Kareem is founder and chairman of the Lady Fatima as Charitable Trust (LFT), founded in 1997. Read more about brother A.G. Kareem http://aid-expo.com/brussels/visit/a-g-karim-founder-and-chairman-lady-fatima-(as)-charitable-trust

Or to vote for brother Amirali Gulamali Kareem open the page on the official webiste of the organisation holding the poll click here or open this link -> http://aid-expo.com/brussels/visit/humanitarian-hero-of-the-year-award

Muhammad Ali’s battle with debilitating Parkinson’s disease has reached the point at which he can barely speak, his brother has revealed.

The legendary boxer, 72, was too ill to attend the premiere of a film about his life last week – or to take part in any of the production for it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/muhammad-ali-misses-own-premiere-because-he-is-so-ill-he-can-barely-speak-boxing-legends-brother-claims-9789467.html

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Allah swt cure your illness. Say Alhamd'Allah sister for the good and bad. Just like how Allah brought you to this world He can cure you if that is His will. Stay strong and have hope. Wishing you health and your wellbeing.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

will I ever be cured?

(diagnosed with ellipsey disorder sept 2, 2013)

Aussies are upset there's no more White Australia.

Any place else and these guys would have got the beating of the lifetime.

WARNING: Swearing.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=979771752039318&set=vb.213950138621487&type=2&theater

Aussies are upset there's no more White Australia.

Any place else and these guys would have got the beating of the lifetime.

WARNING: Swearing.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=979771752039318&set=vb.213950138621487&type=2&theater

Yeah, saw this the other day. Felt so sick listening to this slime for 5 entire mintues. 

They deserved a beating, that's for sure.