Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

It's Eid on Sunday and I am worried about it. I don't really party on Eid but it would be nice to have a calm and peaceful day on Eid. But some people miss Pakistan on Eid (for reasons which I don't understand) and they throw tantrums on Eid day. I thought Eid was about thanking Allah for blessings you do have, but it looks like Eid is a day when we all miss Pakistan and feel sad about it. And if you don't feel sad, you are a traitor and other people will make sure you feel sad. 

It's Eid on Sunday and I am worried about it. I don't really party on Eid but it would be nice to have a calm and peaceful day on Eid. But some people miss Pakistan on Eid (for reasons which I don't understand) and they throw tantrums on Eid day. I thought Eid was about thanking Allah for blessings you do have, but it looks like Eid is a day when we all miss Pakistan and feel sad about it. And if you don't feel sad, you are a traitor and other people will make sure you feel sad. 

Perhaps they have family there and perhaps they have emotional associations with the place of their birth or origins.

And it's stupid to think of someone as 'traitor' if they don't say they 'miss' Pakistan. You have a joyful Eid where you live, and thank Allah for blessings  = perfectly fine.

...which brings me to ask you a serious question: Are you capable of making a post on SC without negative comments about desis and putting down the whole desi community esp Pakistanis? I understand you have a lot of complaints with them but seriously, divert your mind to something positive and constructive, sister, you might be able to feel comfortable in your own desi skin - which would do you and this forum much good.

Perhaps they have family there and perhaps they have emotional associations with the place of their birth or origins.

And it's stupid to think of someone as 'traitor' if they don't say they 'miss' Pakistan. You have a joyful Eid where you live, and thank Allah for blessings  = perfectly fine.

...which brings me to ask you a serious question: Are you capable of making a post on SC without negative comments about desis and putting down the whole desi community esp Pakistanis? I understand you have a lot of complaints with them but seriously, divert your mind to something positive and constructive, sister, you might be able to feel comfortable in your own desi skin - which would do you and this forum much good.

It's not like we even care what the escaped ones are saying on the other side of the world, but there's a saying. If you've one problem, that's fine. If you've alot of problems, then dig up into yourself and rid yourself of your own miseries you are trying to put on the rest of the crowd. --> That's the censored version, ofcourse. :p

Mokhtar2012, and everyone else,

(salam)

Neither Eid nor anything else that serves as a remembrance in Islam or about Allah (s.w.t.) is about "partying".

That you have a pleasant time is fine, but not a 'party'.

You going to play soccer/fusball ?

Annaamar1; I still do not know "who"?

post19059

Mokhtar2012, and everyone else,

(salam)

Neither Eid nor anything else that serves as a remembrance in Islam or about Allah (s.w.t.) is about "partying".

That you have a pleasant time is fine, but not a 'party'.

You going to play soccer/fusball ?

Annaamar1; I still do not know "who"?

post19059

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Tahir-ul-Qadri

Edited by AnaAmmar1

Ive had Louis Armstrong on loop in my brain all day singing about what a wonderful world it is. I dont mind the song, but after almost 13 hours its getting a little tedious. I wonder if there was a time with no songs? i wonder what used to get stuck in peoples heads then.

Today at an Eid event:

Person A: Beta the difference between Syeds and Non Syeds is that when you shake a Syeds hand, it will always be warm. You will feel it.

Person B: But Mamo if I put my hand in a bucket of ice or if its cold outside will I not be considered a Syed then?

Person A: I am talking naturally and generally not someone in hypothermia.

Person B: So if a persons hands are not warm we can say they're not a Syed?

Person A: Just Shuttup! 

Desi people arguing haha ROFL

i am a punjabi and this is true740448_574511005898965_819233536_o.jpg

I found a very nice video, I feel like showing it to all people who like to make fun of others. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2259nAJP7I

and I hope it's not considered one of "white people values", there are many races represented in the video. 

Edited by Mokhtar2012

Today at an Eid event:

Person A: Beta the difference between Syeds and Non Syeds is that when you shake a Syeds hand, it will always be warm. You will feel it.

Person B: But Mamo if I put my hand in a bucket of ice or if its cold outside will I not be considered a Syed then?

Person A: I am talking naturally and generally not someone in hypothermia.

Person B: So if a persons hands are not warm we can say they're not a Syed?

Person A: Just Shuttup! 

Desi people arguing haha ROFL

Come on! Tell me this isn't real. I am having a hard time to accept the dumbness of this 'mamo'.

Marbles: 19080

I do not know of that, and I think your lexi is a little insulting.

But the cartoon reminds me of my Dad. He use to say, " wives are like cows: the only way to get their attention is to club them in the head."

But the cartoon reminds me of my Dad. He use to say, " wives are like cows: the only way to get their attention is to club them in the head."

Ah! That explains the negative view of marriage!

Guys, there is a pizza chain in Canada called "Boston Pizza." I'm not kidding you. Boston Pizza.

I was watching a shady online stream of the Lions game on Sunday and I got the CTV broadcast of it (which is just the Fox broadcast but with Canadian commercials, basically...)

How can a nation live with itself knowing how retarded they are?

They can't even know enough about the country directly to the south of them to name their pizza chain "New York Pizza" or "Chicago Pizza?" They call it Boston Pizza?

But it gave me an idea: I am gonna start a restaurant called Karachi Sushi. That's slightly less dumb than Boston Pizza.

I don't get it....

punjab is famous for its rural culture.

Most of the agriculture and dairy products are produced in punjab (indian punjab + pakistani punjab)

so punjabis are usually fond of the dairy products like milk,youghurt,lassi (better version of dogh) ,khoya etc.

Being fat is considered healthy in rural culture.

Punjabi men usually like curvy women.

cows are fat.cows produce milk.

i think you can understand it from here.

punjab is famous for its rural culture.

Most of the agriculture and dairy products are produced in punjab (indian punjab + pakistani punjab)

so punjabis are usually fond of the dairy products like milk,youghurt,lassi (better version of dogh) ,khoya etc.

Being fat is considered healthy in rural culture.

Punjabi men usually like curvy women.

cows are fat.cows produce milk.

i think you can understand it from here.

Well.....everyone likes their woman to be in shape. Round is a shape.

Guys, there is a pizza chain in Canada called "Boston Pizza." I'm not kidding you. Boston Pizza.

I was watching a shady online stream of the Lions game on Sunday and I got the CTV broadcast of it (which is just the Fox broadcast but with Canadian commercials, basically...)

How can a nation live with itself knowing how retarded they are?

They can't even know enough about the country directly to the south of them to name their pizza chain "New York Pizza" or "Chicago Pizza?" They call it Boston Pizza?

But it gave me an idea: I am gonna start a restaurant called Karachi Sushi. That's slightly less dumb than Boston Pizza.

There are great sushi houses in Karachi..and unlike Boston Pizza which isn't in Boston, Karachi sushi places are in Karachi.

(salam)

Repenter: your remark reminds me of an Afghan mullah back in the 90s. When asked something about women in burkas and chadors, he said,

"The Islamic requirement is to be completely covered. If they -the women- want to look like a chicken stuffed into a sack, that is the woman's business."