Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

^ Hello,

You did not answer my question.  Who are you referring to when you say "your people."

Move?  I love it here.  I can leave my doors unlocked, I can walk to anywhere in the city at anytime of day. 

We just had a big festival 2 weeks ago.  My Sunday started out with a walk downtown to the main square.  The local Baptist Church was holding a pancake breakfast with proceeds going to an orphanage they work with in Thailand.  It was beautiful weather and the breakfast was very tasty.  Next was Bluegrass Band playing a few gospel tunes.  Then, a short sermon.  After that, there was a junior fiddle contest, a lot of fun to watch.  Then, a car and motorcycle show.  Hundreds of cars and bikes from the 1930's to 2014.  Really great to see.  I could not stay the whole day.  I had some work to do.  But, it was a great day.  Everyone acting in a respectful manner.  Everyone smiling.  Everyone enjoying the beautiful day we had been given.

"Move some place else."  I don't think so.  :)

All the Best,

David

(I answered your question - if you read my post carefully you will notice it) 

What use is all of that, when people beat you up for saying some things? :( 

I'm not a big fan of such mindless violence. I recommend everyone (including you David) stay away from such places, for the sake of your (and your family's) safety. 

Hello,

(I answered your question - if you read my post carefully you will notice it) 

Perhaps you should learn to write with better clarity.

And, I see my point totally flew over your head.  Did you hear a "whooshing" sound?  :)  

It is about treating others with courtesy and respect.  That is what makes communities enjoyable places to live. IMHO

All the Best,

David

(it's either my unclear writing, or your lack of comprehension - I think it may be the latter)

What part of 'treating others with courtesy and respect' is beating them up, like you had said?

Your place seems to be only too happy to use violence to accomplish its means. Be careful when you go out .

^ Hello,

Okay.  If it will make you happy.  I will "be careful" when I go out.  

The high school football team is playing a home game tonight.  It will be a great time.  A marching band, cheering fans, athletic competition.  And, it will be a nice stroll to and from the game.  The weather is PERFECT!  And, yes, just for you, I will "be careful."  :)

Have a nice evening.

All the Best,

David 

So a Gothic Shia?

Hmm interesting. I always knew there was something unique about her. They're extremely rare.

Nah man, they're in the Muharram mood all year long with their black garb and sad faces. 

Salaaaaaaaam

Funny anecdote:

One day, Shahid Dastghaib Shirazi [leader of prayers in Shiraz http://www.islamicinsights.com/religion/history/martyr-dastghaib-shirazi.html ] had a speaker come to the place where he lead prayers. So the speaker set about praising Shahid (ra). Now, he had famous books, two of which are Qalbe Saleem [immaculate conscious] and Gunah-e-Kabira [greater sins], both also in English.

So the speaker praises Shahid Dastghaib in front of the congregation and says: 'this great Ayatollah Dastghaib, he has Gunah-e-Kabira'!

Shahid Dastghaib replied: 'Ahh, but he also has a Qalbe Saleem...!!!!'

#MujtahidBanter

To Makkah 

the-holy-mosque-in-makkah.jpg

What's with that giant ugly clock doing hanging over the most sacred place on the earth? The chaps at the top do enjoy reminding all their peasants of the Dunya. 

Interestingly, the keepers of the Ka'ba had knack for making a profit off the pilgrimage even before Islam.. 

This little fitnah here.

Today he climbed four steps up the ladders in the background to go to the tree house her 4 year old elder cousin-sister likes to sit in. I was there all the time keeping watch, wanted to see if he'd climb up but he is too young, 20 months.

10590401_10154676322640541_3239882001268

Aww mashallah, he's shoo adorable ^_^

Widdle Majoosi Mozlem running around terrorising the place :P 

Edited by Ali Musaaa :)

What's with that giant ugly clock doing hanging over the most sacred place on the earth? The chaps at the top do enjoy reminding all their peasants of the Dunya. 

Interestingly, the keepers of the Ka'ba had knack for making a profit off the pilgrimage even before Islam..

Those are hotels for pilgrims who want to see the ka'ba from their hotel room.

It's like those douchebags who want to see the beach from their hotel room, only it's a trillion times more depressing and infuriating.

This little fitnah here.

Today he climbed four steps up the ladders in the background to go to the tree house her 4 year old elder cousin-sister likes to sit in. I was there all the time keeping watch, wanted to see if he'd climb up but he is too young, 20 months.

Sab se pyare bachey sab se barey shaitan hotay hain!

A lot of parents keep their kids on leashes because they can't handle them running around everywhere. I think they're silly, but I'd love to see a Pakistani parent use them :shifty: http://www.buzzfeed.com/justinj13/35-ridiculous-pictures-children-on-leashes-7khw

Sab se pyare bachey sab se barey shaitan hotay hain!

A lot of parents keep their kids on leashes because they can't handle them running around everywhere. I think they're silly, but I'd love to see a Pakistani parent use them :shifty: http://www.buzzfeed.com/justinj13/35-ridiculous-pictures-children-on-leashes-7khw

Leashes for kids? :o

Frankly never seen them before. No Pak parents use this. There are many people at all times to look after kids anyway, what with huge Pak families and joint system of living...and an army of servants. For example this kids has a bona fide full time attendant following on his heels every time he moves...

Craving milk and honey soooo bad right now.  

Go to the sources --- for authenticity's sake!

Edited by Marbles

Beggars. There are so many beggars in this town. I've never seen anything like it. This is a "first world" country? It breaks my heart especially when I see women begging, for two reasons: they probably get plenty of requests to prostitute themselves, and except for fortunate birth and upbringing, that could have been me.