Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Dammit, I'm tired.

Yep.

Play with the child. Divert. Redirect. Consume unhealthy amounts of caffeine in hopes of staying ahead of him. If he is a normal child, eventually he will sleep.

Yep.

Play with the child. Divert. Redirect. Consume unhealthy amounts of caffeine in hopes of staying ahead of him. If he is a normal child, eventually he will sleep.

It has become a conviction for me that  most grown men are in reality little boys who need to be treated as such. Talk to him as if he were a little boy, use a gentle but firm voice if he gets temper tantrum, ignore  until he collects himself. Keep coffee stash near by.

It has become a conviction for me that most grown men are in reality little boys who need to be treated as such. Talk to him as if he were a little boy, use a gentle but firm voice if he gets temper tantrum, ignore until he collects himself. Keep coffee stash near by.

LOL. I think this too in most cases, but saying so is decidedly politically incorrect here on SC.

LOL. I think this too in most cases, but saying so is decidedly politically incorrect here on SC.

Swap genders and imagine the consequences for men who'd say such a thing.

The question we should be asking is whether sexist views are only troubling when they are directed at womankind?

The question we should be asking is whether sexist views are only troubling when they are directed at womankind?

Is it sexist when I acknowledge that I speak only from my own experience?

In my experience most men are just adult sized children. I assume there are exceptions. I just can't think of any. :P

If it helps, the fact that you are caring for someone's child makes me think you might be one of those exceptions.

Edited by notme

Is it sexist when I acknowledge that I speak only from my own experience?

In my experience most men are just adult sized children. I assume there are exceptions. I just can't think of any. :P

If it helps, the fact that you are caring for someone's child makes me think you might be one of those exceptions.

But doesn't the message, the idea, the view remain the same?

I'd think that in my experience is a qualifier used to sanitize the original view, which said as a factual statement or objective truth has a potential to cause a furore.

Also, if one's experience is rooted in reality, isn't it then true that invoking it to make a general statement means to take it further and cover those cases beyond the scope of one's personal experience? I'd answer in affirmative, because this is exactly and logically what a generalised statement is designed to convey.

^ *shrugs*

I usually keep my point of view on this matter to myself. My experience is what it is: just what I have seen in my own limited life. This is shiachat, an international multicultural discussion forum with users of diverse ages and socioeconomic situations. I'm absolutely certain the experience of others will be different from mine.

I laughed (LOLed) because I was surprised to see another person express a sentiment that could have been my own.

iPhone 6 and 6 Plus bending: Apple fans report new phones are bending in their pockets

Talk about class and quality, and why should people dish out a thousand buck to buy something like this

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/iphone-6-plus-bending-irate-apple-fans-report-new-smartphones-bending-in-pockets-9752204.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-29331349

It has become a conviction for me that  most grown men are in reality little boys who need to be treated as such. Talk to him as if he were a little boy, use a gentle but firm voice if he gets temper tantrum, ignore  until he collects himself. Keep coffee stash near by.

How about you keep your retarded convictions to yourself.

And maybe go live in a convent, while you're at it, because with that attitude maybe a manchild is the only type of man who would be willing to remain with you.

^^ Hello,

Where I am from, a man would get a fist sandwich for talking to a lady like that.  Regardless of what she said.  NOT COOL!

BabyDoll, please accept my apology for such behavior.  And, as you suggest, maybe best to just ignore him until his little temper tantrum passes.

All the Best,

David

^^ Hello,

Where I am from, a man would get a fist sandwich for talking to a lady like that.  Regardless of what she said.  NOT COOL!

BabyDoll, please accept my apology for such behavior.  And, as you suggest, maybe best to just ignore him until his little temper tantrum passes.

All the Best,

David

Awwwwwwwwwww, how sweet :wub:

Just to clarify:

Super enlightened flagbearer of women's honor, David66, thinks that even if a woman says something ignorant and childish, she shouldn't be called out on it. In other words, he is implicitly stating that a woman is deficient and cannot be helped, and thus, should not be corrected. There is no other way around it. If you think that a woman is exempt from backlash when she says something stupid, you are saying that a woman is deficient. This is what David is essentially saying.

Furthermore,

"Where I am from, a man would get a fist sandwich for talking to a lady like that."

I recommend that anyone go and read the youtube comments of any video which features a moderately attractive female. A whole slew of comments will be compliments on her lady parts, or other comments of a sexual nature.

Now... I recommend that you do an experiment. Go post something, anywhere on the internet, which is essentially the same as BabyDoll's man-hating comment. Go post some kind of man-hating comment or some kind of insult towards men. In fact, you don't even have to do that. Go post anything vaguely "feminist." And then prepare for the wave of violent, disgusting sexual threats.

Out of everywhere in the internet, David666 of course chooses to be OUTRAGED and APPALLED at my comment toward Baby Doll, because OMG LOOK AT HOW THESE MOZLEMS TALK TO WOMEN!!! WHAT AN OUTRAGE!!!

And really, what was wrong with my comment? The poster suggested that all men are deficient and so I suggested to her a place she could go and never see any men ever again. I didn't post any violent or disgusting threats as is common in other interwebsites. And yes, my post was harsh, but that's because her post was harsh. If someone says something foolish, then the natural outcome is that they are faced with a harsh response.

Edited by baradar_jackson

^ and the tantrum continues.

You really need to practice some self control and maybe some calming techniques.  Have you tried yoga?  And, maybe some camomile tea in the afternoons?  Try something.  Please!

"If someone says something foolish, then the natural outcome is that they are faced with a harsh response." (Baradar Jackson)

Harsh replies to comments you dislike may be "natural" to you.  But, in my opinion, it is not how a man, comfortable in his own skin, comfortable with his own beliefs and comfortable with the world around him behaves.

All the Best,

David

Edited by David66

Just to clarify:

Super enlightened flagbearer of women's honor, David66, thinks that even if a woman says something ignorant and childish, she shouldn't be called out on it. In other words, he implicitly that a woman is deficient and cannot be helped, and thus, should not be corrected. There is no other way around it. If you think that a woman is exempt from backlash when she says something stupid, you are saying that a woman is deficient. This is what David is essentially saying.

Furthermore,

"Where I am from, a man would get a fist sandwich for talking to a lady like that."

I recommend that anyone go and read the youtube comments of any video which features a moderately attractive female. A whole slew of comments will be compliments on her lady parts, or other comments of a sexual nature.

Now... I recommend that you do an experiment. Go post something, anywhere on the internet, which is essentially the same as BabyDoll's man-hating comment. Go post some kind of man-hating comment or some kind of insult towards men. In fact, you don't even have to do that. Go post anything vaguely "feminist." And then prepare for the wave of violent, disgusting sexual threats.

Out of everywhere in the internet, David666 of course chooses to be OUTRAGED and APPALLED at my comment toward Baby Doll, because OMG LOOK AT HOW THESE MOZLEMS TALK TO WOMEN!!! WHAT AN OUTRAGE!!!

And really, what was wrong with my comment? The poster suggested that all men are deficient and so I suggested to her a place she could go and never see any men ever again. I didn't post any violent or disgusting threats as is common in other interwebsites. And yes, my post was harsh, but that's because her post was harsh. If someone says something foolish, then the natural outcome is that they are faced with a harsh response.

Brother,

ur only mistake is to actually reply to David....... u just waste ur time, just skip his posts, no benefit whatsoever, he just loves attention as I mentioned sometime before. 

Thoughts:

How are we more daring when so young? Today something popped up that reminded me of the days of my derring-do. In retrospect, I wouldn't do half the things I did when I was 18-25...adventures, undertakings, follies, leaps of faith...

Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and He Himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. Of His own Will We brought us forth by the word of Truth, that we should be a kind of first-fruits of His creatures. Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.  

-  James the Just 

[James 1:13-20]

^ believe it or not, when I was 18-23 I used to ride a bicycle on public roads without a helmet!

Wow!

Perhaps in the United States it compares with getting smuggled through the border into Taliban-run Afghanistan just to buy a contraband stereo system in a border town...and back.

^ believe it or not, when I was 18-23 I used to ride a bicycle on public roads without a helmet!

I used to cycle with a helmet before, but after a debate with colleagues who shared studies showing the risks helmets bring (without enough benefits to justify them), I got convinced to stop. I regularly cycle without helmets on public roads now.

Thank God there's no law against it in my country.

^ Hello,

Nifty bit of editing.  :shifty: 

If anyone is interested, they can go back a page to post 18,999 to see what was actually said.

Who is "your people?"  I am in ownership of no one.

All the Best,

David

^ Hello,

Nifty bit of editing. :shifty:

If anyone is interested, they can go back a page to post 18,999 to see what was actually said.

Who is "your people?" I am in ownership of no one.

All the Best,

David

Yes people should, because apparently where David comes from, they beat you up if you say certain things.

Why can't those people behave like civilised human beings?

What a violent society.

David, you should move some place else. For your own sake.