Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Agree. This is an old story or this has happened before. Meanwhile, my teenage son was given detention today for being late for class once. Seems a bit excessive. He said he was late because he had some questions about the homework in the previous class, then saw spilled food in the hallway and decided to clean it up so nobody would slip on it. I guess they'll get that proactive attitude trained out of him eventually.

dache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headheadache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache heaache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache 

Edited by Chaotic Muslem

(salam)

Fisher King: I didn't understand what was "entertaining" about horror movies ever, until we had some children over, ages 4 to 9 and those in the TV/computer room were all girls watching one of those vampire movies.

So, I was working on the computer, and giving harsh looks at that idiotic movies. To shorten the story, the 6 year-old explained that they "think it is funny". I looked at the 9 year old and she was nodding her head 'yes'.

And that is what it is. The girls think it is funny.

Yes, I think horror movies are idi.otic, too. But I ain't a gurl.

Marbles: the school is correct because she was playing with explosives --and also endangering herself. I write this when in my time, with parents permission, students brought guns and ammo to school, left them in the office, so they could go hunting when school was out.

Marbles: the school is correct because she was playing with explosives --and also endangering herself. I write this when in my time, with parents permission, students brought guns and ammo to school, left them in the office, so they could go hunting when school was out.

The reaction of the school was way out of proportion, utterly stupid. I say that after watching a documentary detailing the incident at length, things which that news report doesn't cover. It was a small amount of house chemicals [used in her science lab] in a small water bottle, which only popped the bottle cap. It was no different than shaking violently a 1.5 litre bottle of Coca Cola and opening it immediately. The results would be more graphic in the cola's case!

So for this they have it arrested, charged for 'terrorism' and whatnot, so her name is going to appear on offenders' list forever, destroying her chances in job market and making her ineligible to work for so-and-so companies, to become a teacher etc. - All that for a 250 ml bottle which popped!

This is as nuts as allowing kids to bring guns at schools, with or without parental permission.

dache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headheadache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache heaache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache headache 

Lesson: Whenever CM has a headache no one should go near her. Or else. . .

...You know that pointed finger thing that ISIS do? are they pointing to the sky? at first i thought they were making a '1' sign, like saying 'one God', but more recently it it looks more like theyre pointing to the sky...which is...ridiculous. Surely they dont believe Allah lives in the sky(?)

Muawiya b. al-Hakam had slapped his slave girl, and asked if he should free her in penance. The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) requested that she be brought, and then asked her, "Where is Allah?" she said, "In the sky"; whereupon he asked her, "Who am I?" she said, "You are the Messenger of Allah"; at which he said, "Free her - for she is a believer" (Sahih Muslim).

Abu Hurairah narrated that a person came to the Prophet with a black non-Arab slave-girl and said "O Prophet, I have upon myself (the obligation) of setting free a Muslim slave". So, the Prophet said to her, "Where is Allah?" She pointed with he fore-finger to the sky. Then he asked her "Who am I?" She pointed with her finger to the Prophet and to the sky - (the narrator adds:) meaning that you are the Prophet of Allah. So the Prophet said "Set her free". (Musnad Ahmed).

Of course, most Salafis understand 'Fi' (lit. in) here as 'above' the sky, but still they consider it Uluww of Makan, and that the question of where Allah is can only be answered with one answer - Fi al-Sama. Anyone who answers any other thing is in a Bid'ah and a Kafir 

http://muslimconverts.com/e-books/Where_is_Allah.htm

Edited by Islamic Salvation

tumblr_nbvykzybrk1r7fnc1o1_500.jpg

قلبي قمر أحمر

قلبي بستان
فيه العوسج، فيه الريحان !
شفتاي سماءٌ تُمطر
ناراً حيناً حُباً أحيان!
في كفي قصفة زيتون 
و على كتفي نعشي 
و انا امشي

My heart is a red moon

my heart is a garden

within there is lycium 

and there is  basil...

My lips are raining sky 

​raining fire…sometimes

and  love other times..

holding olive branch in my palm

and on my shoulder i carry my shroud 

and i keep walking

samih qasim- walking tall.

Edited by Chaotic Muslem

How do you guys teach younger kids the importance of keeping God and Islam in their lives? In my experience, no matter how low my imaan was I always recited surahs and duas, and remembered Allah, even if it was only once a day or something. But I see preteens and teens who don't care for God. Like they will honestly tell you that they don't. Is this something that can be taught, or will this gradually change on its own, because this issue is a personal one for me. I'm not sure how to go about it..

How do you guys teach younger kids the importance of keeping God and Islam in their lives? In my experience, no matter how low my imaan was I always recited surahs and duas, and remembered Allah, even if it was only once a day or something. But I see preteens and teens who don't care for God. Like they will honestly tell you that they don't. Is this something that can be taught, or will this gradually change on its own, because this issue is a personal one for me. I'm not sure how to go about it..

inquisitions!

nope, not much can be done and you are not their parent nor a religious teacher so… you will be only the annoying gotham for them.

I don't expect any change for Scotland. I don't believe it will be a true independent nation. I don't believe it's immigration stance will change nor do I think it's foreign policy will change. To be honest, nothing will change at all. Why? Because true independence does not come by a simple referendum. True independence takes guts and courage. True independence takes sacrifice. Qualities and traits very few governments seem to have these days. So yes, whether Scotland gets it's so called independence and everyone is all happy and jolly and duped, or it doesnt, it doesnt matter. Because nothing will really change. The yes or no vote is two sides of the same coin. Done to make the western governments and British look like good guys.

Edited by FisherKing

I don't expect any change for Scotland. I don't believe it will be a true independent nation. I don't believe it's immigration stance will change nor do I think it's foreign policy will change. To be honest, nothing will change at all. Why? Because true independence does not come by a simple referendum. True independence takes guts and courage. True independence takes sacrifice. Qualities and traits very few governments seem to have these days. So yes, whether Scotland gets it's so called independence and everyone is all happy and jolly and duped, or it doesnt, it doesnt matter. Because nothing will really change. The yes or no vote is two sides of the same coin. Done to make the western governments and British look like good guys.

It's a NO.

UK will stay as it, at least for the next decade or two.

Salaam Sis

I think it's quite unfortunate, but a lot lies with our communities and parents. For example, in UK, there might be some 3-400,000 Shias- I doubt there are enough ulama for there to be one for every thousand shia people! I mean, how can you expect youngsters to grow up in a non Muslim country where unfortunately they are surrounded by bad things, and are told these at schools often too. So that's one big problem. Mainly because also, many of the ulama are from abroad, so you might only be left with about 50 ulama who are homegrown or now how stuff works in the country! So parents are left with no idea how to raise their kids, and mix their own upbringing with 'trying to fit in', and it often leads to a big mess. 

Also, parents aren't doing enough to instill love for God at home maybe. I think that they might be embarressed to talk to their kids about 'those' issues and so on. Also, they might think that raising a child in the west is pretty easy- They think that just teach them to say bismillah and that's all, they don't take into account the fact that it might well be normal to see some pretty horrid things in the streets from the age of being a toddler. Nonetheless, thank God we live in safe countries in the West- I doubt half of us would be alive if our parents remained in their home countries.

Parents need to pay bigger attention to the upbringing of their kids. I read a bit of Ayt Amini's guide to raising kids- ironically, the words of an 89 yr old Iranian man who has never been to the west probably, and is according to some involved in 'useless and outdated sciences' is actually the most complete, universal guide to raising kids, even in the west.  http://www.al-islam.org/principles-upbringing-children-ayatullah-ibrahim-amini  It's a really, really worthwhile read.

About what you could do about your problem, I can't really advise on that- I'd send an e-mail to a trustworthy and 'in with the times' alim and see what they say.

Kudos to those parents who raise us in the best of ways possible and keep us away from haram. May Allah help all of the parents out there with kids- and a nice point to remember- even an atheist, oppressive mother is deserving of you to kiss her feet everyday, because she went through the tough job of giving birth.

Wasalam

Don't know where my mind was, ate Starburst, as I began to chew I realized something was off, read the torn wrapper and bam! I see Gelatin on the wrapper, spat it out with mouth rinses.

Still consumed a tiny bit, what an idiot I am :dry:

Don't know where my mind was, ate Starburst, as I began to chew I realized something was off, read the torn wrapper and bam! I see Gelatin on the wrapper, spat it out with mouth rinses.

Still consumed a tiny bit, what an idiot I am :dry:

There is starburst without gelatin!!! Its the minipack, that comes in small sizes, all ready unwrapped. Enjoy!

starburst-mini.jpg

Well its finally over. We drove you literally everywhere. There was never a time where you let us down. You'd be the old white car always sitting in our driveway, just waiting to be driven lol. Over 350,000 miles. Good times. Ill never forget it. Thanks for the memories.

R.I.P old white car. :)