Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please recite fatiha for my grandfather, he left us today!

My Grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I humbly ask you to recite a fateha for him and pray for my mother. May Allah bless the souls of your beloved who passed away and give you all a healthy,long li

Thoughts:   14th November 2015. Happy birthday dad! If you were still here you'd have turned 62 today, about the age people take retirement.   These 23 years have passed real quick.

Posted Images

• Veteran Member

32409_500863089945877_1964238808_n.jpg

Your love, M'lady, made me enter

the cities of sorrow...

I,before you M'lady, had not entered 

the cities of sorrow

Never knew...

that tears-is- the human

that human without sorrow 

is reminiscence of a human. 

Nizar Qabbani

Fantastic.

I love Qabbani's verse.

• Advanced Member

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=601936799917589&id=170853693025904

I just got off the phone with my mom this evening and she was crying badly. Reports from Basrah Iraq have confirmed that my aunt's husband in Basrah have been kidnapped by two unknown men disguised in the Iraqi miltary uniform, but were not actual Iraqi soldiers. They stopped him while he was on his way home from work, forced him out of his car and went off. His car remained behind and he has been missing since yesterday(Thursday) afternoon.

Please remember him in your Duas and pray that he gets to see his wife and sons again, bi ithni Allah. Wallahu almusta'an.

Really sorry to hear that akhI, he is in our prayers. May Allah (s.w.t) grant your family sabr at this difficult juncture.

10494596_10204842633285153_6485330863248

10614302_10204842630925094_5512632857049

10703570_10204842627765015_8336769613112

Graduation ceremony was meant to be a happy time for the students and their families, but in gaza many young graduates broke into tears as teachers honoured tens of students and staff members who were killed by Israeli air strikes during the 51-day war.

Congratulations to all those who graduated. . including the martyrs, for they have graduated from the university of life and achieve the best of diploma ; that of martyrdom .  Guaranteed a career in Jannah.. the eternal Jannah

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=601936799917589&id=170853693025904

I just got off the phone with my mom this evening and she was crying badly. Reports from Basrah Iraq have confirmed that my aunt's husband in Basrah have been kidnapped by two unknown men disguised in the Iraqi miltary uniform, but were not actual Iraqi soldiers. They stopped him while he was on his way home from work, forced him out of his car and went off. His car remained behind and he has been missing since yesterday(Thursday) afternoon.

Please remember him in your Duas and pray that he gets to see his wife and sons again, bi ithni Allah. Wallahu almusta'an.

May Allah make it easy on the family , its a hard situation when you have no news.. whether he is here-not here.. 

• Veteran Member

Ahlam Mustaghanmi is my least favorite , but reading her work in English made me rethinks her lol

The biggest two mysteries in life are certainly love and death.

Both are stunning strikes with no explanation but destiny. So, our major creative works feed on the existential questions around them.

That is because nobody knows why death comes in that place and not another, to take a certain person and not another, and that way and not another, and why we fall in love with a certain person. Why them? Why us? Why here? Why now?

No one came back from death to tell us what is there after it, but those who came back from “the big love” safe or devastated, can tell us about its wonders, and describe its magic and its horros, and warn us about its dangers and tragedies, for the love of God or for the love of literature.

Ahlam Mosteghanemi

أكبر لغزين في الحياة هما قطعًا الموت والحبّ.

كلاهما ضربة قدر صاعقة لا تفسير لها خارج المكتوب. لذا، تتغذّى الأعمال الإبداعيّة الكبرى من الأسئلة الوجوديّة المحيّرة التي تدور حولهما .

ذلك أنّ لا أحد يدري لماذا يأتي الموت في هذا المكان دون غيره، ليأخذ هذا الشخص دون سواه، بهذه الطريقة لا بأخرى، و لا لماذا نقع في حبّ شخص بالذات . لماذا هو ؟ لماذا نحن ؟ لماذا هنا ؟ لماذا الآن ؟

لا أحد عاد من الموت ليخبرنا ماذا بعد الموت. لكن الذين عادوا من ” الحبّ الكبير ” ناجين أو مدمّرين، في إمكانهم أن يقصّوا علينا عجائبه، ويصفوا لنا سحره وأهواله، وأن ينبّهونا إلى مخاطره ومصائبه، لوجه الله .. أو لوجه الأدب.

Edited by Chaotic Muslem
  • Moderators

"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy."

I see that you have this statement in quotation marks.  To whom should it be attributed?  The truth of it made me chuckle.  

• Veteran Member

...You know that pointed finger thing that ISIS do? are they pointing to the sky? at first i thought they were making a '1' sign, like saying 'one God', but more recently it it looks more like theyre pointing to the sky...which is...ridiculous. Surely they dont believe Allah lives in the sky(?)

• Advanced Member

...You know that pointed finger thing that ISIS do? are they pointing to the sky? at first i thought they were making a '1' sign, like saying 'one God', but more recently it it looks more like theyre pointing to the sky...which is...ridiculous. Surely they dont believe Allah lives in the sky(?)

It refers to the Unity of God. This is popular amongst Sunnis. 

• Advanced Member

I also get confused by the finger pointing they do when praying the final rakat of salah? 

Like they point a finger in the direction of kaaba

They have derived this from some [sunni] ahadith which mention the Prophet moving his index finger during the 2nd and final Rak'a of prayer. 

I don't get horror movies at all. Like the characters are so stupid. They lack intelligence.

If you move into a house and weird things start happening, especially if you have a near death experience, you should probably get the heck out of that house as soon as you possibly can. But no, they keep living in the house knowing full well something's wrong lol.

Amityville horror for example: House in Long Island where a murder took place. They could've left early but didnt. The girl was about to jump of the roof lol but they still stayed after that. Like...go somewhere...heck goto queens or manhattan..why they waited so long idk.

If it were me, I'd take the car and run the first day something happend. Lol.

• Veteran Member

I don't get horror movies at all. Like the characters are so stupid. They lack intelligence.

If you move into a house and weird things start happening, especially if you have a near death experience, you should probably get the heck out of that house as soon as you possibly can. But no, they keep living in the house knowing full well something's wrong lol.

Amityville horror for example: House in Long Island where a murder took place. They could've left early but didnt. The girl was about to jump of the roof lol but they still stayed after that. Like...go somewhere...heck goto queens or manhattan..why they waited so long idk.

If it were me, I'd take the car and run the first day something happend. Lol.

Most horror movies follow the same parameters that once were interesting: the haunted-house formula or even haunted-person formula which often makes for dull viewing. It is not quite often one comes across a good, genuine horror movie which not only can give the viewer good scare but also has an innovative, interesting and believable plot to it without so many logical loopholes taken for granted in contemporary horror cinema.