Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please recite fatiha for my grandfather, he left us today!

My Grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I humbly ask you to recite a fateha for him and pray for my mother. May Allah bless the souls of your beloved who passed away and give you all a healthy,long li

Thoughts:   14th November 2015. Happy birthday dad! If you were still here you'd have turned 62 today, about the age people take retirement.   These 23 years have passed real quick.

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

To our Pakistani brothers like FisherKing, when trying to learn farsi/dari, just remember to not replace the kh sound with the k sound. It can even alter the meaning of the whole thing. ;)

Mikonam = I'm doing

Mikhonam = I'm reading/studying

Edited by SlaveOfAllah14
  • Veteran Member

To our Pakistani brothers like FisherKing, when trying to learn farsi/dari, just remember to not replace the kh sound with the k sound. It can even alter the meaning of the whole thing. ;)

Mikonam = I'm doing

Mikhonam = I'm reading/studying

'Kh' sound is common in Subcontinental languages so there shouldn't be problems for desis to pronounce it. However, the caveat should be heeded by people originating from Hyderabad Deccan, for the Urdu speakers from there have this annoying habit of changing 'k' to 'kh'.

• Veteran Member

What are you implying, señor?  :dry:

The irony in the fact that he made a basic grammatical error when touting his newly learned Farsi.

Reminds me of the many times I was showing off my newly learned Arabic and made huge blunders... coincidentally, it was to a Persian... -_-

• Advanced Member

'Kh' sound is common in Subcontinental languages so there shouldn't be problems for desis to pronounce it. However, the caveat should be heeded by people originating from Hyderabad Deccan, for the Urdu speakers from there have this annoying habit of changing 'k' to 'kh'.

Well not as good as it should be pronounced. It should be pronounced like how arabs pronounce it. Maybe you don't notice it, just like how my Pakistani classmates didn't notice it. So when they tried saying something in Dari, which contained the kh sound, we'd burst out laughing cause most of the time, the whole meaning of the sentence would changed. 

• Veteran Member

Does anyone know any ahadith articles/books pertaining to Prophet 'Isa (as)?

I did once read an article that spoke of Imam Ali (as) and Prophet 'Isa (as) that drew comparisons between the two. I guess the question should be: do we have many ahadith relating to Prophet 'Isa (as)?

Does anyone know any ahadith articles/books pertaining to Prophet 'Isa (as)?

I did once read an article that spoke of Imam Ali (as) and Prophet 'Isa (as) that drew comparisons between the two. I guess the question should be: do we have many ahadith relating to Prophet 'Isa (as)?

Maybe this: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6rz5f3vgj1rywy0/YQxOBTYrMg/Jesus%20on%20Ethics.pdf

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6rz5f3vgj1rywy0/s0bFuyRu0X/Jesus%20through%20Shiite%20Narrations%20-%20M.%20Legenhausen.pdf 

• Veteran Member
  • Veteran Member

Well not as good as it should be pronounced. It should be pronounced like how arabs pronounce it. Maybe you don't notice it, just like how my Pakistani classmates didn't notice it. So when they tried saying something in Dari, which contained the kh sound, we'd burst out laughing cause most of the time, the whole meaning of the sentence would changed. 

Yes you are right. Desi 'kh' is not as guttural and forceful as the Arabs pronounce it.

• Veteran Member

All in favor of batonning the spokesperson. Like this post.

I couldn't get past one minute when that dude tried to paint ancient China as a sort of irreligious, secular society. What a joke.

• Advanced Member

@AnaAmmar,

OOf what i could hear clearly:

"The crack brain: dont they know he is an afridi.han,.....
Then somebody shouts melodiously: well done.
Then someone boosts Tahir.
and a shout: He got out.

Then alot of facepalm acts by the crack brain .

In the end someone says, we should have given him (crackhead) some green tea to have poured on his head."

• Veteran Member

Cousin is going to undergo a minor surgery. They are taking the tubes out of his mouth and putting a minor tube in his throat so that his mouth can be free and a bit easier on breathing and no irritation to his throat and lungs. Please keep him and all those who are sick in your duas.

(wasalam)

• Veteran Member

Mood: Silence.

Been a while, but silence mood is a therapy to the senses. As you keep them aware, keep your reactions to those around you to the lowest. 

Silence

BY THOMAS HOOD

There is a silence where hath been no sound,
   There is a silence where no sound may be,
   In the cold grave—under the deep deep sea,
Or in the wide desert where no life is found,
Which hath been mute, and still must sleep profound;
   No voice is hush’d—no life treads silently,
   But clouds and cloudy shadows wander free,
That never spoke, over the idle ground:
But in green ruins, in the desolate walls
   Of antique palaces, where Man hath been,
Though the dun fox, or wild hyena, calls,
   And owls, that flit continually between,
Shriek to the echo, and the low winds moan,
There the true Silence is, self-conscious and alone.

• Veteran Member

10615636_718213108251626_970438390356093

حامیان کشتار 17 شهریور، مدعی حقوق بشر شده‌اند
Those who defended egregiously the bloody oppression of the June 5 Uprising (1963) as well as the September 8 Massacre (1978), today claim support for human rights. Those who backed Pahlavis’ black dictatorship for over 50 years, now accuse the Islamic Republic of Iran of practicing dictatorship; those who kept Iran lagging behind the progress being made in the world through destruction, marauding and imposing a dependent, deficient and faulty industry on the country for tens of years, today ignore the advancements and miracles of constructiveness realized by the Revolution; those who still wish for the return of Iran to the black and miserable era of monarchy, tend to portray as reactionary the modern, fresh and young revolutionary establishment [of Iran]. 
Ayatollah Khamenei,
10/02/1999
كسانى كه از سركوب خونین قیام پانزده خرداد و قتل عام هفده شهریور با وقاحت تمام دفاع كردند، امروز دم از حقوق بشر مى‌زنند. كسانى كه پنجاه و چند سال دیكتاتورى سیاه پهلویها را پشتیبانى كردند، امروز تهمت دیكتاتورى به جمهورى اسلامى مى‌زنند، كسانى كه با ویران كردن و غارت منابع كشور و تحمیل صنعت معیوب و ناقص و وابسته، دهها سال ایران را از كاروان جهانى عقب راندند ، امروز شكوفاییها و معجزه‌هاى سازندگى انقلاب را ندیده مى‌گیرند، كسانى كه هنوز در آرزوى رجعت ایران به دوران سیاه و نكبت‌بار پادشاهى‌اند، نظام نوین و تازه نفس و جوان انقلابى را مرتجع مى‌نمایند!
21/11/1377

L
  • Veteran Member

The "White Revolution" we had a little of in college. It was fundamentally an attack on the mullahs is what we were told.

I did some quick look-back on the Net. The Ency Britannica says "with US assistance", but we were told it was a US plan.

I also noted the "democratic element" ;) which is that the vote for the reforms was 5.6 million "for" and 4,000 "against".

• Veteran Member

سلامٌ عليكَ فأنتَ السَّلام
                              وإنْ كنتَ مُخْتَضِباً بالدَّمِ
وأنتَ الدَّليلُ إلى الكبرياء 

بما ديس من صدرك الاكرم 
وإنَّكَ مُعْتَصَمُ الخائفين
                              يا مَن مِن الذَّبح ِ لم يُعصمِ

peace be upon up you,

you are the peace

even if you are dyed with blood

and you are the guide to the pride

by which was stomped upon from your nobel chest

and you are the safety for the frightened 

you, whom have not been given safety from the slaughter 

Edited by Chaotic Muslem

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/fathima-imra-nazeer/isis-islam-quran-literalism_b_5737388.html

This woman seems to have never studied the Qur'an, and yet she's making all these claims about it. She's apparently an ex-Muslim, and if that's true she's just going to try her hardest to present Islam as violent, and people will gladly believe her. It's so frustrating.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/fathima-imra-nazeer/isis-islam-quran-literalism_b_5737388.html

This woman seems to have never studied the Qur'an, and yet she's making all these claims about it. She's apparently an ex-Muslim, and if that's true she's just going to try her hardest to present Islam as violent, and people will gladly believe her. It's so frustrating.

She says ISIS has been inspired by these verses of the Quran to kill (shias-christians ) which is true.. But what she failed to mention is that its a wahabi ideology to take these verses and apply them like that without interpretation..

I dont like it when people confuse wahabism with islam like she is doing. 

EDIT :I'd like to add that she is also wrong in saying that religion was their motivation to kill people.. its not religion, its money and power , but they used religion (and these verses) as an excuse 

Edited by -Enlightened