Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

That was not quite subtle. But a good try at suggesting yourself :P

Nah, I just meant that we need active female mods here due to many members not feeling comfortable PMing male mods about issues they may have. If I were a mod I'd probably end up banning members left and right for being annoying :rolleyes:

Thought: There has to be a better way than this.

Had a dream i was buying a cake.  :mellow: The negotiations took long but the baker and i got along. When i had to pay with my card the account options were: RU/EU or EU.  :wacko:

I have cake buying dreams all the time. The theme in mine is that there are too many kinds of cakes/pastries/buns/biscuits to choose from and im spending too long choosing and im feeling under pressure to decide before the shop/patisserie closes. I usually end up buying more than 1, feeling guilty at my greed and waking up before i have the chance to eat any :donno:

I have a job interview tomorrow. Wish me success. :)

And I really hope my suit still fits!

You will be in my prayers Notme, inshAllah you get the job! let us know how you get on.

Went and saw my cousin for the first time at the hospital. My heart was absolutely broken. He was connected with all these pipes and wires and such. He lost so much weight. My dad and I read some duas and then tried talking to him if he would open his eyes or respond in some way. I told him to be strong and inshAllah you will be out. I told him he was okay and had nothing to worry about. Tears started to flow from my eyes and I remembered all those who were/are sick and oppressed and hurt ;_; Our duas without a doubt are working please continue my brothers and sisters. You are all special in the eyes of Allah. Remember that. Always be thankful to Allah for WHATEVER situation you are in, and make sure to tell your loved ones you love them. Dont have hate and anger against anyone and dont cut family ties.

(wasalam)

Isn't the human body a marvellous thing?

When you have health, everything seems so simple; the need to eat, the need to sleep, the need to keep fit, the need to drink, etc. However, when you lose your health you suddenly realise that what seems so simple to the mind and eyes (the human body) is actually a very very complicated system which works in ways that the mind cannot comprehend; without years of study. Immediately you begin to wonder how each organ works together and in line with other organs, muscles, bones, tendons, veins, nerves, etc to work in such a perfect way. You begin to think that something as little and simple (to us) as eating is actually a very long and complicated process. It is when you think like this that the word 'Alhamdulilah' truly roll off your tongue.

SubhanAllah at the beauty and creation of our Lord and Alhamdulilah, for everything.

Went and saw my cousin for the first time at the hospital. My heart was absolutely broken. He was connected with all these pipes and wires and such. He lost so much weight. My dad and I read some duas and then tried talking to him if he would open his eyes or respond in some way. I told him to be strong and inshAllah you will be out. I told him he was okay and had nothing to worry about. Tears started to flow from my eyes and I remembered all those who were/are sick and oppressed and hurt ;_; Our duas without a doubt are working please continue my brothers and sisters. You are all special in the eyes of Allah. Remember that. Always be thankful to Allah for WHATEVER situation you are in, and make sure to tell your loved ones you love them. Dont have hate and anger against anyone and dont cut family ties.

(wasalam)

(wasalam)

Remember that a coma is the bodies way of protecting itself for a while and focusing all its energy on intensive healing. If i may suggest, when you dua for your cousin, try and vividly imagine a bright pure, cleansing, restorative, healing light around him, strengthening and healing him and balancing all his bodily processes and regenerating his tissues. It is my personal belief that visualisations can enhance intention, focus and concentration in dua which can be particularly helpful with regards to self healing and healing of others.

My heart burns thinking about those who are sick and unconscious. Thinking about myself and how I am able to be while my cousin is laying eyes closed... :cry: Ya Allah please grant him shafaah. I think, what if I was in his place, or anyone else that is sick for that matter?

A good friend of mine, sent me this link.

It's a collection of gifs, showing babies experiencing things for the first time..

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mrloganrhoades/a-collection-of-babies-experiencing-things-for-the-first-tim

:D!!!

Edited by jannahismygoal

Went and saw my cousin for the first time at the hospital.

I think it is the month where cousins land in the hospital. One of my cousins got operated yesterday. It's raining here and he slipped on hard concrete landing his entire weight on his right elbow which cracked, so he had to be operated upon. Alhamdulillah, it went well.

May Allah keep all of us safe wherever we all are, bi-haqqe Mohammed (s) wa aale Mohammed (a.s)

*sigh* 

Another EU emergency council to be convened. Why does the EU consistently believe NATO claims based on "evidence" which they consistently insist they have yet refuse to present—while persistently ignoring their own observers on the ground who regularly report the exact opposite?

And what is it with this new definition of the word "invasion"? Accepting a democratic referendum carried out with international observers present: Invasion! Sending in a convoy of trucks filled with around 2,000 tons of desperately needed food, baby-food, blankets and medication for Russian-speaking Ukrainian civilians: Invasion! 9 servicemen, some Russian boys not from around Rostov region get confused and wander into Ukraine (it all looks the same...): Invasion!

—Just an interesting side note, Ukrainian soldiers have crossed accidentally into Russia several times. On August 6 i remember it being reported that around 200 Ukrainian servicemen who had unintentionally wandered into Russia on August 4 were fed and then allowed to cross back into Ukraine: 2 stayed behind to receive medical attention provided by Russia. Neither Russian media or the government tried to make this into a provocation by Kiev or spin it as Ukrainian military hostility, leave aside a full-blooded invasion.—

Every pretext possible is being used to vilify the Russian Federation, even humanitarian aid. And what is strangest of all is that people, who can read and write and all, believe it. Not only ordinary people, but high ranking European diplomats and politicians.

What insane days we live in.

So i met this Shamanic woman today (Native American Indians) and she said that she always seeks intercession through Jesus, Mary of Magdalen, Archangel Michael and the lady of lake .  She speaks with them, they are her spiritual guides 

I wondered if the ''lady of lake'' would refer to ''Fatima Al zahra'' .

I found it very cool that in every religion , our Ahlulabayt play an important role, from shamanism to Hinduism to Judaism, christianity and finally  Islam

Edited by -Enlightened

I think it is the month where cousins land in the hospital. One of my cousins got operated yesterday. It's raining here and he slipped on hard concrete landing his entire weight on his right elbow which cracked, so he had to be operated upon. Alhamdulillah, it went well.

May Allah keep all of us safe wherever we all are, bi-haqqe Mohammed (s) wa aale Mohammed (a.s)

Alhamduillah. Ameen Ya Rabul Alimeeen!

I feel so overwhelmed by everything now that Uni has started as well. I still cannot fathom what happened to my cousin, at times. My mind is all over the place. InshAllah all this passes through the mercy of Allah. Ya Allah come to our needs and help us.

The next countries in ISIS's list are Iran , Saudi , Israel(?). That would make them ISISISIS which would be very hard to pronounce.

They're revealing themselves to be snakes.

28 My soul is weary with sorrow;
    strengthen me according to your word.
29 Keep me from deceitful ways;
    be gracious to me and teach me your law.
30 I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
    I have set my heart on your laws.
31 I hold fast to your statutes, Lord;
    do not let me be put to shame.
32 I run in the path of your commands,
    for you have broadened my understanding.

Psalms 119

Starting my uni, architecture. No idea what that is to be honest. Just got in so going with the flow.

^_^ You're going to design stuff! Buildings to be exact.

---

Only three more days of medication left! Yeshk! :!!!: Then a few more vials of my blood, another chest X-Ray and a spirometry — and they should be finished with me.

Need to clean my writing-desk —paper and hieroglyphs everywhere. Surrounded by half-read books too. Everything needs to be seen too! i feel better!

Слава Богу за все!

Edited by Servidor

Starting my uni, architecture. No idea what that is to be honest. Just got in so going with the flow.

You must be good at drawing, and math, and most importantly, visualising creative structures. Architecture is most interesting!

I always found the idea "gain knowledge from anyone, listen to what the person is saying then rather who is it said by" dubious....

Imam Al Baqer A.S was asked about the verse "Let man consider his food" [80:24], what is "his food"? He said, "His knowledge which he acquires and who he acquires it from."

-Al-Kafi

https://twitter.com/SayedModarresi/status/503331225789267968

Edited by PureEthics

I always found the idea "gain knowledge from anyone, listen to what the person is saying then rather who is it said by" dubious....

Imam Al Baqer A.S was asked about the verse "Let man consider his food" [80:24], what is "his food"? He said, "His knowledge which he acquires and who he acquires it from."

-Al-Kafi

https://twitter.com/SayedModarresi/status/503331225789267968

Question: isn't there a hadith attributed to Imam Ali (as) that goes something along the lines of, "Don't look at who is speaking, look at what he says"?

Thoughts: for those who have downloaded Facebook Messenger: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2724728/The-Facebook-Messenger-backlash-Reviewers-flock-complain-experts-raise-concerns-privacy-controls.html

Question: isn't there a hadith attributed to Imam Ali (as) that goes something along the lines of, "Don't look at who is speaking, look at what he says"?

Thoughts: for those who have downloaded Facebook Messenger: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2724728/The-Facebook-Messenger-backlash-Reviewers-flock-complain-experts-raise-concerns-privacy-controls.html

That's what I was inferring. But I honestly think the Hadith is taken wrongly. I think it may mean judging a person by not how they outwardly look but the way they speak. Where as the the Hadith I posted is speaking of taking knowledge specifically. Maybe I am mistaken but I think the Hadith from Imam Baqir A.S seems more rational and legit. When we start taking knowledge from anyone. They tend to end up becoming our role models or we unconsciously take them as such, therefore I believe who this individual is just as vital for accepting his/her knowledge. Many have knowledge but not everyone is allowed to teach. Teachers are responsible for the future generations, not only by what they teach but how they mold their students.

(Wasalam)

Edited by PureEthics

Thoughts:

The Prophet (pbuh) said, 'Every fatigue, hardship or sorrow that a believer undergoes, as well as worries that distress him, are a means by which Allah deletes his evil deeds.’[Tuhaf al-`Uqoul, no. 38]

This is why i love islam. Everything is mercy and love.

Nice one, thanks for sharing.