Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Ayayay...Guys, please keep me in your duas, 'cause GreyMatter clearly isn't doing it right lol -_-

B-b-but, I am :(

Ok, I'll do it extra, and if I recall, your prayers were qabool'd from our last deal.

Sabr ka phal meetha hota hai :lol:

Nahi nahi Jee nahi. Ma Canadian American hoon. Muja pata hai lol :P

Jaab ham grammar school me hote tai bachpan mei, ham yo aur dude and yall Ka te the aur bari appi ka te thei fakiro aur kalo ki tara nahi baat karo loool :)

Canadian who lives in UK? Or are you bluffing again :shifty:

B-b-but, I am :(

Ok, I'll do it extra, and if I recall, your prayers were qabool'd from our last deal.

Sabr ka phal meetha hota hai :lol:

Lool you sound like my mom :p

Theek hai, lekin is dafa sahi tarha se karni hain please, in return I'll do extra as well inshallah :D

Edited by Gotham

I wasted 9 dollars on a game of clue and all of us are just sitting at the table for 3 hours trying to figure out how to play lool....talk about a waste of money :( 

I have a moral dilemma. After work today I went to a "drive up" restaurant for a small meal and drink. But they were out of the ingredients to make my meal. I still received my drink, though. I tried to pay for it but the guy just kept saying no, sorry for inconvenience of not having your meal, the drink is free. What do I do? I can't force them to accept payment if they refuse but I feel bad about receiving something for free. I used to think that if I ever got something for free that I would just pay the amount to charity, but it would be insulting if I offered the charity €1,29 (value of drink). Should I just not worry about it? Because it's feeling like a debt I have to pay but I don't know how to pay it.

I have a moral dilemma. After work today I went to a "drive up" restaurant for a small meal and drink. But they were out of the ingredients to make my meal. I still received my drink, though. I tried to pay for it but the guy just kept saying no, sorry for inconvenience of not having your meal, the drink is free. What do I do? I can't force them to accept payment if they refuse but I feel bad about receiving something for free. I used to think that if I ever got something for free that I would just pay the amount to charity, but it would be insulting if I offered the charity €1,29 (value of drink). Should I just not worry about it? Because it's feeling like a debt I have to pay but I don't know how to pay it.

Well first of all you need to relax and then forget about the free drink.

The guy couldn't serve you your regular meal and out of courtesy to a loyal customer he offered a free drink to you. It's simple, uncomplicated and easy.

Edited by Marbles

Closing thought for the day: A person can keep on being lazy and whine all they want about how they're not where they want to be in life because others have held them back. Sometimes their whole life will be wasted just by doing that. But they can also do something about it. They can change themselves and ignore the naysayers. They can move forward and become something in this world. They have so much potential to do so many wonderful things if they work hard enough.

Goodnight everyone. :)

me?

Recently I have been thinking, and I have become very disappointed with the way most professional sports teams are owned in this country. Fans are the ones who attend the games. They are the ones who pay for the food and concessions and all the memerobelia. They are the taxpayers who's money funds new stadiums to prevent their favorite sports team from leaving their city. Players play the game to earn a living and provide entertainment for the fans. But on the top of all those people will be some greedy billionaire owners raking in their profits. They are the ones who really decide how the team should be run and what players they should get. They are the ones who decide how much the tickets and food and everything should cost. Their top priority is not winning but rather, it is making as much profit as they can from their "business". Some people may say it is justified but why should the average person(taxpayer) foot the bill and get absolutely nothing in return? I is wrong and it's what I think has made professional sports so hard to watch. Especially now with these owners making racist comments and celebrities and billionaires jumping to buy the clippers while the average fan is ignored.

me?

I was refering to people in general. :)

Man, I need advices. 

I had to deliver some food to a house, but I delivered to a wrong house...so, my father was like going mad.. he threw this food box (which food in it) at me, and later "spat" on me.... wallah, I am glad that I did not do anything haram (like abuse etc.)

How should I handle this and other situations like these?

Think of it this way, he is preparing you for practical life. People working at minimum wage are treated like that, their supervisors not exactly spit on them but they don't get much respect. I know someone who works in environment like that.

It is outrageous that Muslims were more offended by cartoons made by a ignoramus in a far-off country than they were by the forceful abduction of 200 girls by people claiming to follow Islam.

The post-colonial Islam has long lost its sanity. It's all degenrated into sloganeering, power politics and unbridled display of misplaced rage.

It is outrageous that Muslims were more offended by cartoons made by a ignoramus in a far-off country than they were by the forceful abduction of 200 girls by people claiming to follow Islam.

The worst part is that most of these girls were muslim as well yet there's still hardly a fuss being made.

Then again the fuss behind the cartoons was sort of orchestrated, but that's another story.

The worst part is that most of these girls were muslim as well yet there's still hardly a fuss being made.

Then again the fuss behind the cartoons was sort of orchestrated, but that's another story.

The worrying bit is that there are people who have the power and influence to orchestrate such fuss and a laity that says labayk to the calls of violence and hatred.

Think of it this way, he is preparing you for practical life. People working at minimum wage are treated like that, their supervisors not exactly spit on them but they don't get much respect. I know someone who works in environment like that.

True that! I been there. Disliked it. Though i really liked the social aspect of the jobs.

(Salam)

Please recite a Surah Fatiha for the memory of an elderly brother in our community, who always used to come to every Mu'min's janaaza to recite Surah Yasin. He passed away today, and Namaz e Wahshat is to be read for him tomorrow. It is the end of an era. The older generation is leaving us slowly... :(

اللهم اغفر لي الذنوب التي تهتك ألعصم

اللهم اغفر لي الذنوب التي تنزل النقم

اللهم اغفر لي الذنوب التي تغير النعم

اللهم اغفر لي الذنوب التي تحس الدعاء

اللهم اغفر لي الذنوب التي تقطع الرجاء

اللهم اغفر لي الذنوب التي تنزل البلاء

اللهم اغفر لي كل ذنب أذنبته وكل خطيئة أخطأتما

(من دعاء كميل)

Edited by Agora

The power and reality of bowing down to Allah swt, the creator, of whom none but he has complete knowledge of the unseen, none but he is worthy of worship, and no power but he has power independent but that he grants.

20_55.png
Quran: From the earth We created you, and into it We will return you, and from it We will extract you another time.

Ali Ibn Abi Talib a.s said:

"Sujud is the code of the 4 stages of human life. The first sujud means that I was mud clay in the beginning, and as I raise my head from sujud, it means that I came to the world from the soil. The second sujud means that I will again return to the soil, and as I raise my head from sujud, it means that on the Day of Resurrection I will rise up from the grave and be summoned"
[Bihar al-Anwar, V.82, P.139]

Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri: I saw Allah's Apostle prostrating in mud and water and saw the mark of mud on his forehead.[Al-Bukhari, Sahih (English translation), vol. 1, book 12, no. 798; vol. 3, book 33, no. 244]