Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Where there is Lebanese, there is Najjar

BEIRUT: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin are planning to wed in a London venue this September, sources close to the couple told The Daily Star.

The Lebanese-British Alamuddin has become a source of pride and fascination in her home country after news broke of her engagement to notorious bachelor Clooney. The Lebanese media has been whipped into a frenzy, with news crews and reporters descending on Alamuddin's ancestoral Chouf village of Baakline.

Alamuddin has also become a source of many self-depricating jokes among Lebanese at home and abroad. Blogger Amer Zahr wrote an open letter to Clooney about marrying an Arab woman that went viral on social media, warning the movie star to "strap in for the ride."

"Oh, and we have to talk about the wedding. You may have hoped for a small, tactful affair. I wouldn't be too optimistic," Zahr advised.

The satirical website the Pan-Arabia Enquirer ran an article about Clooney ditching his Nespresso sponsorship for Najjar, a popular Lebanese brand of Arabic coffee.

Alamuddin is a high-profile lawyer whose clients have including Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, former Libyan intelligence chief Abdallah Al Senussi, former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko and the king of Bahrain. She also worked for the prosecution of the Special Tribunal for Lebanon, about which she co-edited a book.

Alamuddin's father, Ramzi Alamuddin, is a retired business professor at the American University of Beirut. Her mother, Bariaa Miknass, is a veteran journalst at Al Hayat and a former contributor to The Daily Star.

post-422-67831_thumb.jpg

Edited by Laayla

1491708_886734451343582_1487102710518918

http://tribune.com.pk/story/702764/young-son-of-slain-afghan-journalist-arrives-in-canada/

The following is a twitter post by the slain father of the child a few months before they were bombed by the Talib vultures.

animals_zps14ed2719.jpg

yesterday, i had planned to fast for 1st rajab. then I go to sleep.

In the morning, i wake up and run to the kitchen to make myself a delicious peanut better and honey sandwich ,with brown pita bread 

3 hours later, my mom calls to check if I'm fasting,

i totally forgot to fast.

:no:

yesterday, i had planned to fast for 1st rajab. then I go to sleep.

In the morning, i wake up and run to the kitchen to make myself a delicious peanut better and honey sandwich ,with brown pita bread 

3 hours later, my mom calls to check if I'm fasting,

i totally forgot to fast.

:no:

The same thing happened to me :( Remembered just as I was finishing off my Nescafe.

Well you should never have to resit your theory test for driving licence come on.

Oh you have no idea how lousy some people in this country have become, besides they've increased the pass mark over the years.

loool

Bmkr2NUCQAA2-Gt.jpg

Check the postscript at the end 'NOTE'.

I bet they sell music CDs and contraceptive pills on the same condition.

This sounds funny but this is a sign of the same madness Pakistanis are suffering from.

Closing thought for the day: A person can keep on being lazy and whine all they want about how they're not where they want to be in life because others have held them back. Sometimes their whole life will be wasted just by doing that. But they can also do something about it. They can change themselves and ignore the naysayers. They can move forward and become something in this world. They have so much potential to do so many wonderful things if they work hard enough.

Goodnight everyone. :)

This sounds funny but this is a sign of the same madness Pakistanis are suffering from.

This is from Pakistan. The store is in DHA, Karachi :D

Ayayay...Guys, please keep me in your duas, 'cause GreyMatter clearly isn't doing it right lol -_-

Sure we will, but for duas to work you need to stop getting yourself in trouble alright :P

lol, Salawat sandwiched Duas for this Khahar.

Bohut shukriya aap ka :p

Sure we will, but for duas to work you need to stop getting yourself in trouble alright :P

Hey hey hey, you're acting like I go out of my way to screw up or something -_- Maybe if yall pray for me enough, no trouble will come my way :D

Hey hey hey, you're acting like I go out of my way to screw up or something -_- Maybe if yall pray for me enough, no trouble will come my way :D

you all not "yall" 

inshallah. Being somewhat sick brings us closer to aallah.. Allah likes to have you close , so maybe thats why

it is hard to see the positive side of it. It isn't a common cold. I wish it was. 

Edited by DreamCatcher

I love it when the banned thread gets updated :lol: its like Christmas! I got a really nice present. Followthetruth got banned. More like, followignorancelikeme.

Your British, dude, aap ko kya pata :rolleyes:

Nahi nahi Jee nahi. Ma Canadian American hoon. Muja pata hai lol :P

Jaab ham grammar school me hote tai bachpan mei, ham yo aur dude and yall Ka te the aur bari appi ka te thei fakiro aur kalo ki tara nahi baat karo loool :)