Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Thanks! Inshallah, I literally have to teach myself everything from the beginning, because my professor does not care :(

Booked you for post-maghribain duas!

(salam)

That's pretty much how I've got through my entire education to date. Sometimes I genuinely wonder what is the point of having a teacher or professor when 75% of them are utterly of no help whatsoever. 

Anyway I'll pray InshAllah your hard work pays off. 

(salam)

*Sayyeda*: I agree with you. When I think back on my college I can think of a few courses that I learned from and a couple good teachers, but most of it was a waste of my time and money.

May your Exam go great iA, but you know the condition to that dua.

One brotherly advise, dont take tension, it will harm you.

Yes! there's nothing worse than tension. look at me, through hard work and sheer power of mind I've been able to turn off the exam-reminding parts of my mind. Every time I realize I'm going to fail I remember there are greater things in life than passing and getting a degree. I mean, Allah obviously didn't send us here to study science, right? So why bother? 

I'm so messed up lol.

(salam)

That's pretty much how I've got through my entire education to date. Sometimes I genuinely wonder what is the point of having a teacher or professor when 75% of them are utterly of no help whatsoever. 

Anyway I'll pray InshAllah your hard work pays off.

Thank you! I am panicking at this point ugh. Bas hes getting old and he can't even stand up half the time... Im learning more from online tutorial videos than from this man standing in front of me! :wacko:

Yes! there's nothing worse than tension. look at me, through hard work and sheer power of mind I've been able to turn off the exam-reminding parts of my mind. Every time I realize I'm going to fail I remember there are greater things in life than passing and getting a degree. I mean, Allah obviously didn't send us here to study science, right? So why bother? 

I'm so messed up lol.

Lool if I kept that mentality I'd say that every time I had an exam and fail.

When a baby is born, he is born into a world where he does not know or recognize anything. He is a stranger who does not know who or what anything around him is. He enters this world a complete stranger. Similarly, when a person gets old and is at that age where he is close to death, he does not know what is going on around him. His ability to walk and drive become restricted because of his age. Slowly he loses contact with the outside world and the only people he talks to are the ones living in his house. His kids and grand kids of a whole other generation. He enters this world a stranger. He passes away a stranger.

I was in the grocery shop, and the boss comes, and like: "Come with me" - and then he shows me cameras etc. where I supposedly should have taken an item from the shop i.e stealing something. Then he finds out that it was not true.

- Then a discussion about islam and muslims began.

Why do most men act as if they are doing someone a heroic favor whenever they do what is their responsibility anyway?

A male relative was posting on Facebook that he is "babysitting" his own child so his wife can visit her family - and this man is one of the better dads I've known. I would have thought caring for your own child is bare minimum, not a favor to anyone, and certainly not a heroic deed.

Why do most men act as if they are doing someone a heroic favor whenever they do what is their responsibility anyway?

A male relative was posting on Facebook that he is "babysitting" his own child so his wife can visit her family - and this man is one of the better dads I've known. I would have thought caring for your own child is bare minimum, not a favor to anyone, and certainly not a heroic deed.

Really depends, in my family it is not unusual to see a man watching tv with a child sleeping in his lap regardless even though the mother is around. They bath the kids, change their diapers , comb hair of small girls etc 

But ye gotta see them when they do the BBQ or cook any food for that matter, though they are good in cooking and we never complained lol but yeah they act heroic, something in their genes…most times i find it funny rather than annoying 

After three days of total loss of appetite , this was my medicine:

HFJ4F.jpg.jpg

What's up with girls and those hearts & flowers & wigglies on every time they get access to a pen and paper :)

It's all over, I've seen it in school, I've seen it on the birthday cards my sisters send me, I've seen it on the homework notebooks of my nieces and so on.

man I'm going to be honest here. You and a couple other guys on here are a bit fake . you're all like sisters this sisters that brothers should do this men have right to this or that. Then you post flirty little posts like this as tho its ok. Honestly it annoys me a little.

(salam)

*Sayyeda*: I agree with you. When I think back on my college I can think of a few courses that I learned from and a couple good teachers, but most of it was a waste of my time and money.

(wasalam)

Even at the best schools and institutes, you end up teaching yourself.True but whilst time and money may have been wasted, knowledge is never a waste. At least you have learn some new things and nobody can put a value on that. 

I feel so torn and lost. I'm not going anywhere in life. I'm not achieving the things I aimed to or worked towards. I wish I could relive that last 8 years of my life over again and do things so different and not be such a screw up.

This happens with a lot of people. Sometimes man regrets for the past and this regret you feel is good and should move you forward. But this feeling can also make you less motivated, so you should not be pay much attention to time which is already gone by. Do you know why? Because if you work hard enough, you can make up for that time.

Here is one narration from Imam Ali (a.s) "do not engage your heart with grief for the past because you will lose readiness for the future", or how about this one from the Prophet (s.a) "completion and continuation of a good deed is better and more important than commencing it"

Edited by race

This happens with a lot of people. Sometimes man regrets for the past and this regret you feel is good and should move you forward. But this feeling can also make you less motivated, so you should not be pay much attention to time which is already gone by. Do you know why? Because if you work hard enough, you can make up for that time.

Here is one narration from Imam Ali (a.s) "do not engage your heart with grief for the past because you will lose readiness for the future", or how about this one from the Prophet (s.a) "completion and continuation of a good deed is better and more important than commencing it"

thank you for the reply. I wish i could work hard enough to make up for it. I do not know where I am to begin.

Peanut butter and almond butter taste great together.

Almond butter tastes awesome in general. Cashew butter too...  I could eat the whole jar no problems