Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

i am new in this site and i am not finding a way where i can post my question and get an answer

Salaam, you have to create a topic/thread and post on the forums section related to your topic. The mods have to approve it, if your post count is under 50 I believe, for it to show.

(Wasalam)

Mr Zuckerberg...base salary for 2013 fell to $1, like other tech leaders such as Google's Larry Page and former Apple boss Steve Jobs.

However, his total compensation for the year was $653,165, down from $1.99m in 2012.

Facebook said the majority of that was to pay for flights on private jets, which are seen as necessary for security reasons. http://www.bbc.com/news/business-26830388

He can't even go Southeast Asia on a shoestring. He can't even walk into the nearest Wal-Mart to buy cheap bread.

I feel sorry for this guy. So much money brings so many restrictions and so much danger. What a life.

He can't even go Southeast Asia on a shoestring. He can't even walk into the nearest Wal-Mart to buy cheap bread.

I feel sorry for this guy. So much money brings so many restrictions and so much danger. What a life.

He has enough moneys to do surgery on his face to look completely unrecognizable, AND enough moneys to buy his own island country.

It's one thing to not envy his life, but to feel sorry for him is all kinds of ridiculous

He has enough moneys to do surgery on his face to look completely unrecognizable, AND enough moneys to buy his own island country.

It's one thing to not envy his life, but to feel sorry for him is all kinds of ridiculous

No, I really feel sorry. Money has cost him basic freedom, and I mean basic freedoms to move, sit, walk, talk, laugh, come and go without informing dozens of people in tow. This is kind of how Princess Diana fell sorry for herself for being who she was.

To be honest I'd love that kind of money. I want my own island country too and if I have an ugly face, I'd want a surgery to make my face look reasonable. But I will never want that kind of fame, that robs me of my basic freedoms.

I'd rather be a fuedal lord with that kind of money than be an e-tech sex symbol who can't even cheat on his wife without making headlines. Sorry indeed...

Edited by Marbles

What's up with girls and those hearts & flowers & wigglies on every time they get access to a pen and paper :)

It's all over, I've seen it in school, I've seen it on the birthday cards my sisters send me, I've seen it on the homework notebooks of my nieces and so on.

:dry:  :dry:  :dry:  :dry:  :dry:  :dry:  :dry:

What's up with girls and those hearts & flowers & wigglies on every time they get access to a pen and paper :)

It's all over, I've seen it in school, I've seen it on the birthday cards my sisters send me, I've seen it on the homework notebooks of my nieces and so on.

I'm a girl and I have never understood either.

My thoughts for today.. hmm trying to remember the last time I didn't have a headache :mellow:

My thoughts for today.. hmm trying to remember the last time I didn't have a headache :mellow:

Ohhhh......Get well soon sweets. Distract yourself and keep busy. Did you consult a doctor?

Ohhhh......Get well soon sweets. Distract yourself and keep busy. Did you consult a doctor?

aaw shukriya warda!

I am my own doctor lol, I'm done for the day and all I want right now is to lay in the grass until sunset :(

I also feel like milking a cow and bottlefeed babysheep. I might go the farm and ask to volunteer, I can't take it any longer. Also the goats looked like they can use some hugs.

aaw shukriya warda!

I am my own doctor lol, I'm done for the day and all I want right now is to lay in the grass until sunset :(

I also feel like milking a cow and bottlefeed babysheep. I might go the farm and ask to volunteer, I can't take it any longer. Also the goats looked like they can use some hugs.

Awwwwwww. thats so shweet. Take some pics for me. That is if you are actually going to the farm. Take care sweets. :)

Take medicine as well.

Edited by Sapphire

No, I really feel sorry. Money has cost him basic freedom, and I mean basic freedoms to move, sit, walk, talk, laugh, come and go without informing dozens of people in tow. This is kind of how Princess Diana fell sorry for herself for being who she was.

To be honest I'd love that kind of money. I want my own island country too and if I have an ugly face, I'd want a surgery to make my face look reasonable. But I will never want that kind of fame, that robs me of my basic freedoms.

I'd rather be a fuedal lord with that kind of money than be an e-tech sex symbol who can't even cheat on his wife without making headlines. Sorry indeed...

:huh: ……..

Okay - time to get my lazy self out of bed and get ready for work….   ;)

jannahismygoal: ref to post 17280

(salam)

I have seen this kinda of thing on the TV since the 1950s.

"Are you suggesting we cut defense expenditures.?"  <----satirical question...

...But the question does point out the screwed up priorities of gov'ts.

When I see hijabis, it makes me shameful in front of Allah. Like I think I'm a Muslim pffff -_-

Women who wear hijab are 99999999999999999999999999x better than me.

Edited by PureEthics

He won't be famous if he has his own country (with his new face) and exiles everyone from there.

(That was the point I was trying to make)

^It depends in which area you reside in. Personally I think areas which have undergone desi infestation do somewhat resemble a little cleanerPakistan in terms of their being dirty but not as much.

I wasn't talking about uncleanliness. I was talking about the injustice, the growing difference between rich and poor, common core mathematics in school curriculum, survival of the fittest rule, and the lack of tolerance towards people with any kind of weakness. You cannot get unemployment easily, they are constantly coming up with excuses to deny you benefits. There's just one thing missing, 10% interest on your money in the bank. When will they do that? 

Edited by Mokhtar2012

I've never been rich but I've been poor and I've been middle, and I can say with certainty poor is easier.

To further the question, I've always wondered: what on Earth does "xoxo" mean?!  :donno:  :donno:  :donno:  :donno:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

To further the question, I've always wondered: what on Earth does "xoxo" mean?!  :donno:  :donno:  :donno:  :donno:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

It means kisses and hugs. So x=kiss and o=hug.

To further the question, I've always wondered: what on Earth does "xoxo" mean?! :donno: :donno: :donno: :donno: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Brother did you not get any valentines day cards when you were little?

:P

We have learned that His Eminence, Grand Ayatullah Syed Husain Ali Sistani, is seriously ill and has been admitted to a hospital..

We pray to Allah (SWT) to grant him speedy and complete recovery from his ailment and prolong his presence and guardianship over all followers of the Infallible (as).

We request all brothers and sisters to recite Ayat-e-Kareema for his health and remember him in your dua.

I got this in my email, please make dua! Does anyone have any more info about this?

It means kisses and hugs. So x=kiss and o=hug.

:wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

Well, women have always been confusing! How a x equals a kiss and an o a hug and to whom these hugs and kisses are addressed at, especially since you guys put a lot of them in your diaries or whatever and vehemently protect them from anyone else's eyes, except your own, I guess I'll never figure out. Care to enlighten me?

Brother did you not get any valentines day cards when you were little?

:P

Why would I get Valentine's Day Cards when I was little? Is this a custom in the US - or where you live - to present kids with Valentine's Day Cards?

I can't figure out if Darth Vader is my least favorite SCer or my all-time favorite person

I believe I share that feeling, though gravitate toward the latter option.

May your Exam go great iA, but you know the condition to that dua.

One brotherly advise, dont take tension, it will harm you.

Thanks! Inshallah, I literally have to teach myself everything from the beginning, because my professor does not care :(

Booked you for post-maghribain duas!

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Well, women have always been confusing! How a x equals a kiss and an o a hug and to whom these hugs and kisses are addressed at, especially since you guys put a lot of them in your diaries or whatever and vehemently protect them from anyone else's eyes, except your own, I guess I'll never figure out. Care to enlighten me?

Why would I get Valentine's Day Cards when I was little? Is this a custom in the US - or where you live - to present kids with Valentine's Day Cards?

I believe I share that feeling, though gravitate toward the latter option.

Lol yea. All through elementary school you give each other cards and candy.