Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

^how popular are desi dramas in the pakistani diaspora ?

The future king of the United Kingdom is out, quite literally.

^ sounds like you got a better deal than we did. I was looking forward to this storm and it started off promisingly with grumbly thunder and lightning, but it kind of gave up after about 15 mins like it couldnt be bothered with the drama.

Edited by Ruq

^how popular are desi dramas in the pakistani diaspora ?

poocho hi nahi. theyre ridiculously popular. when humsafar came out, good lord, EVERY single girl was watching it, even though it was THE MOST boring thing ever.

poocho hi nahi. theyre ridiculously popular. when humsafar came out, good lord, EVERY single girl was watching it, even though it was THE MOST boring thing ever.

Well humsafar did smash tv rating records for a drama in pakistan..

But its good to know people there like to stay in touch with popular desi culture. I cant help but imagine though the image they have of pakistani homes : melodramatic saas-bahu fights caused by evil scheming jealous rishtedars while the husband attempts to woo his original love lol

where is everyone, why have some people unregistered :'/

All of us have been here, you were MIA for a long time yourself. Maybe lost in salat ul Layl...

But its good to know people there like to stay in touch with popular desi culture. I cant help but imagine though the image they have of pakistani homes : melodramatic saas-bahu fights caused by evil scheming jealous rishtedars while the husband attempts to woo his original love lol

Don't say bad things about the humsafar. The title song was the smash hit so was the show. I loved the bad saas character, she played the conspiracy wielding paki auntie really good. Khirad was awesome and so was the dude. The 2nd half was little bit stretched too far but chalay ga.

My favorite was the second one though, the Shehar-e-Zaat. Was more mystical and was a little effort of pakis overly elaborate asraaf culture. I read the novel which is even better.

Thoughts: these are 3 bright nights, Layl at ul abyaz.. Don't forget to read and ponder on Dua-e-Mujeer.

Congratulations on the birth of Imam Hassan and Imam Taqi (as).

Edited by Waiting for HIM

meh, humsafar was too lovey-dovey. i couldnt finish it. nowadays dramas are wayyy tooo romantic, and none of the actors/actresses know how to act. we were watching "dil e muztar"a few weeks ago, and the main couple was being all poetic and cheap.. what is pakistan doing :wacko:

barey shehron mein theres a TON of desi culture. hum bilkul goray nahi hain :P haha, desis are just as melodramatic in real life as they are in dramas. theres a ton of gossiping aunties here, so we dont miss out on any of the pagalpana haha

Don't say bad things about the humsafar. The title song was the smash hit so was the show. I loved the bad saas character, she played the conspiracy wielding paki auntie really good. Khirad was awesome and so was the dude. The 2nd half was little bit stretched too far but chalay ga.

My favorite was the second one though, the Shehar-e-Zaat. Was more mystical and was a little effort of pakis overly elaborate asraaf culture. I read the novel which is even better.

Humsafar's music was great, that's all I like about it....the only time i watch dramas is when my mother or sis has the remote and I have nothing better to do...

meh, humsafar was too lovey-dovey. i couldnt finish it. nowadays dramas are wayyy tooo romantic, and none of the actors/actresses know how to act. we were watching "dil e muztar"a few weeks ago, and the main couple was being all poetic and cheap.. what is pakistan doing :wacko:

barey shehron mein theres a TON of desi culture. hum bilkul goray nahi hain :P haha, desis are just as melodramatic in real life as they are in dramas. theres a ton of gossiping aunties here, so we dont miss out on any of the pagalpana haha

being in love is the 'in' thing in pakistan right now.... poor teenage souls are binging on chocolates and sheeshas mending their broken hearts...all the while uploading lovey-dovey statuses and emo pics on facebook...

and i just realised the melodramatic picture shown is true, which is sad -_-

sab pagal hain

dean-what-gif.gif

the main girl had NO IDEA what she was doing, she was wayyyy too "masoom," and her husband was just all like "omg i lahve you, you are perfect, ignore my cousin" blahblahblah

there was a second part? kis liye :huh:

Humsafar's music was great, that's all I like about it....the only time i watch dramas is when my mother or sis has the remote and I have nothing better to do...

being in love is the 'in' thing in pakistan right now.... poor teenage souls are binging on chocolates and sheeshas mending their broken hearts...all the while uploading lovey-dovey statuses and emo pics on facebook...

and i just realised the melodramatic picture shown is true, which is sad -_-

sab pagal hain

duuude, pakistanis need a couple of thappars and chappals... i miss the old dramas, where the main characters would die and be miserable. at least it was realistic :Lol:

you know, my ammi tells me all sorts of paki stories about fulan and fulan like each other and send letters to one another. then they get caught and get shipped off and married to their 50 year-old cousins and stuff like that. kya aaj ke desi bachein dartey nahi hain? :no:

duuude, pakistanis need a couple of thappars and chappals... i miss the old dramas, where the main characters would die and be miserable. at least it was realistic :lol:

you know, my ammi tells me all sorts of paki stories about fulan and fulan like each other and send letters to one another. then they get caught and get shipped off and married to their 50 year-old cousins and stuff like that. kya aaj ke desi bachein dartey nahi hain? :no:

Totally, ammas and abbas of this generation don't use sticks, hangers and/or leather belts on their kids anymore..these things and the strictness that accompanies them teaches kids their place. Instead we see kids totally outta control, spoiled to the max. with their parents nodding to everything they're asked for and letting it go every time little ali comes back after a fight..

and the curse of technology( i sound like a 60 year old sayin that lol) allows them access to stuff they shouldn't know about and connectivity that has no parental control. every brat owns an iphone and expresses his true love on whatsapp, viber and skype..

and love marriages are more common than ever..

bunch of wusses

rant lol

Stupid thing i did today: browsed Irregular Choice's website and reignited shoe coveting weakness >.< managed to refrain for 2+ years and now i'm getting strong urges to order shoes i dont need, will probably never wear and cant afford.

Totally, ammas and abbas of this generation don't use sticks, hangers and/or leather belts on their kids anymore..these things and the strictness that accompanies them teaches kids their place. Instead we see kids totally outta control, spoiled to the max. with their parents nodding to everything they're asked for and letting it go every time little ali comes back after a fight..

and the curse of technology( i sound like a 60 year old sayin that lol) allows them access to stuff they shouldn't know about and connectivity that has no parental control. every brat owns an iphone and expresses his true love on whatsapp, viber and skype..

and love marriages are more common than ever..

bunch of wusses

rant lol

hahahahaha i wish i was back in pakistan

honestly, if i ever become a parent, my kids wont have phones till theyre 15, and ill be supervising them, too. i dont want my kids running around sending people love notes :dry:

i hope that with accepting the concept of love marriages, pakis also learn the concept of divorce :P

There's an all female hostel in London.. 

but bad reviews lol.

Might as well look for regular hostels or hotelrooms, or just sit the hell down and don't go anywhere. Damnnit.

Or is borough market nice?  

hahahahaha i wish i was back in pakistan

honestly, if i ever become a parent, my kids wont have phones till theyre 15, and ill be supervising them, too. i dont want my kids running around sending people love notes :dry:

i hope that with accepting the concept of love marriages, pakis also learn the concept of divorce :P

Divorce is coming too...

too bad though you can't beat up your kids like our parents can in pakistan...

Who did they consult when the tremendous decision to deface the sky without interval was made? And to whom are men accountable if they have no such permission?

Looking at the stars in the city and out of each periphery a plane. Criminal. Absolutely and abominably criminal.

Divorce is coming too...

too bad though you can't beat up your kids like our parents can in pakistan...

nahh, if you try, im sure you can give your kids a joota or two if they need it :D

thoughts: i love how i can go out in july with a coat on. :wub:

There's an all female hostel in London.. 

but bad reviews lol.

Might as well look for regular hostels or hotelrooms, or just sit the hell down and don't go anywhere. Damnnit.

Or is borough market nice?  

What are the complaints in the reviews?

What are the complaints in the reviews?

Noisy because of busy road, and the check in is at another building. And the bathroom is old etc. 

But actually it doesn't matter, as long as it's a place to sleep and there's wifi and a bathroom it's ok lol. At least it's near the sight seeing stuff :p 

O sweet, i didnt realise you meant a holiday, i thought maybe you were just very desperate to leave where you are. The trips ive had to London have only been day trips, i never stayed over night. The one thing i didnt do that i really wanted to is visit Tate Modern. O and the big ferris wheel must be cool on a clear day.

:(

What's wrong?

O sweet, i didnt realise you meant a holiday, i thought maybe you were just very desperate to leave where you are. The trips ive had to London have only been day trips, i never stayed over night. The one thing i didnt do that i really wanted to is visit Tate Modern. O and the big ferris wheel must be cool on a clear day.

Both are overated/rubbish. The Tate Britain on the other hand...  :wub: