Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Now yesterday was a day to talk about. My city saw sweltering heat and lots of sunshine all day, then all of a sudden, storm clouds came, everything got really dark and it rained.

It rained 74 mm in one hour, due to which malls, universities and everything else became a victim of flash floods. This rain happened right at 5-ish, during the commute, we broke the record for the most rain in one day, the next 6 hours it rained finishing the day by midnight at 126 mm of rain.

The crazy and ridiculous stuff I saw, my God, it was insane. My 45 minute commute became a 6 hour commute, the stuff I saw, holy, I am unlikely to see that ever again in my life.

No regrets, glad I made it in one piece with an adventure, lol.

Edited by GreyMatter

^I've experienced flash floods. It took me some 4 hours to get back home. Everything was under water. Buses grounded, cars floating away, one awkward moment when someone said high ground pe jaana parega warna doob jainge lol

The rain started with fun, then anxiousness set in when downpour didn't stop, followed by the realisation that the roads were going to be underwater and we won't make it home. 

In the beginning :

635515625633.jpg

How it ended up looking :

9-13-2011_22636_l.jpg

^ Haha yea, pictures are all over the internet, the above ones are awesome and shows how our highways looked like, lol.

Initially, I thought the first photo is that of a train track until I looked closely and saw cars trying to drive through! Good you guys made it back home safe.

In a hadith about Dua al-Jawshan al-Kabeer that can be found in Mafatih al-Jinaan it is mentioned (along the lines of):

"...And whoever supplicates with it with a sincere intention on the first of the month of Ramadhan, Allah the High blessed him [with] the Night of Power [Laylat Al-Qadr] and created for him seventy thousand angels that praise Allah (swt) and glorify Him, and [Allah (swt)] made their reward his..."

^I've experienced flash floods. It took me some 4 hours to get back home. Everything was under water. Buses grounded, cars floating away, one awkward moment when someone said high ground pe jaana parega warna doob jainge lol

The rain started with fun, then anxiousness set in when downpour didn't stop, followed by the realisation that the roads were going to be underwater and we won't make it home. 

In the beginning :

635515625633.jpg

How it ended up looking :

9-13-2011_22636_l.jpg

no rain here :( clouds playing hide and seek.

(salam)

My wives and I had a very nice, simple Iftar. All by ourselves.

I haven't eaten this well in a couple of weeks. Fruit, plain cakes, couple of different pastries, miso, ...

so many prominent members leaving .... we might become the most ancient ones  :mellow:

and we haven't even made it to a thousand posts yet.....ohh poor sc, thou art losing its soul-eth