Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Muslims need to watch this and start treating the Qur'an as a source of Guidance from the Creator of all things instead of some scientific textbook. It's purpose wasn't to confirm discoveries made 1400 years after it was revealed. It's purpose was to guide humanity and teach us all how to attain success and happiness in both this world and the next.

No one doubts the remarkable content of the Qur'an and the amazing statements found within certain verses that would of been impossible, in every sense of the word, for the Prophet (sawa) to have known without the assistance of God. However, what we can't do is look to these examples and assume there are a plethora of other Ayahs that specifically relate to a scientific discovery and attempt to tie everything back to the Qur'an to 'prove' Islam and call it a 'scientific miracle'. Science can tell us about the world around us, but the Holy Qur'an tells us how to live within it. I think this is something we all are forgetting. May Allah allow us all to come closer to Him through al-Qur'an al-Kareem.

Edited by Ali Musaaa :)

The horns of Shaytan are coming out of the Brazil one :P

That has been said. We - the Catholic youth - have been making fun out of it all week. Rorate thought it looked like the Fortress of Solitude or Kryptonite. We had something out of Star Trek - the Pontifical Master of Ceremonies is Msg. Guido Marini; "Beam me up Marini".

I said it looked like either a space-themed gay night-club - or the stage for a Rammstein concert.

Et al.

The Russian church looks nice though.

Nice? Like the biscuit? No my boy. It is glorious. If you could stand inside - your heart would dance in your chest.

The religious architecture in Russia is brilliant.

*sigh* It sure is. I cannot wait to go permanently. Being on this island hurts my heart; makes it black.

Some good thoughts though: Vespers and Byzantine Divine Liturgy (Russian/Slavonic) on Saturday evening and Sunday morning - and a private Latin Mass for me on Monday. Some times it is very good to be me.

And I may have two priests (one a cardinal) to regularly celebrate Latin Masses usus antiquior at our cathedral (you should see it - glorious), which heretofore has been unjustly prevented by our bishop (even though the initiative came from the local university).

That has been said. We - the Catholic youth - have been making fun out of it all week. Rorate thought it looked like the Fortress of Solitude or Kryptonite. We had something out of Star Trek - the Pontifical Master of Ceremonies is Msg. Guido Marini; "Beam me up Marini". I said it looked like either a space-themed gay night-club - or the stage for a Rammstein concert. Et al.  Nice? Like the biscuit? No my boy. It is glorious. If you could stand inside - your heart would dance in your chest.  *sigh* It sure is. I cannot wait to go permanently. Being on this island hurts my heart; makes it black. Some good thoughts though: Vespers and Byzantine Divine Liturgy (Russian/Slavonic) on Saturday evening and Sunday morning - and a private Latin Mass for me on Monday. Some times it is very good to be me. And I may have two priests (one a cardinal) to regularly celebrate Latin Masses usus antiquior at our cathedral (you should see it - glorious), which heretofore has been unjustly prevented by our bishop (even though the initiative came from the local university).

Hey, Australia ain't that bad! We got... Uhm... A big bridge and a... Ermm.. Opera house! Oh as well as a massive rock in the middle of the country! :mellow:

Take a few jackets, I gets quite nippy there :P you better be taking pics and sending them on SC! I'm expecting some beauties ;)

I don't get this

O.

Thoughts: I have to buy a gift for my nephew (first birthday) and my mom a cat. What does one call those things you put above their crib to distract or interest them until they fall asleep? And I shall post photographs of the new cat so soon as I have her. A condition was that I get to name her - no Snowball or Banjo or Broomstick. A real name. Katyusha was my first thought, but that is my great grandmother's name (in it's shortened form of endearment) I only found out recently. She is over ninety.  Now I am stuck.

Edited by Servidor

^a mobile I think

It is. But they said he has almost outgrown such a thing. He only turned one last Tuesday.  :unsure:

Teddy-bear? No one can outgrow a teddy-bear.

Edited by Servidor