Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Veteran Member

(salam)

whenever i feel i'm getting sick or a cold, i put a couple of blades of that in a cup and pour boiled water, then drink & it works every time alhamdulilah!

just had to share it with you:

ginger-root.jpg

ginger .. doesn't taste that good, but it works alhamdulilah

(salam)

Alhamdulilah ,it always works with me as well ^_^

I recommend it . Don't buy medecine, get ginger instead

Do you guys drink it as an infusion ? like chay (tea) ?

I know a qari who usually drinks chay ma3 zanjabeel.

Interesting. Any scientific evidence to back the fact it can help?

What i've found:

FOR HEART PROBLEMS

· Mix water and ginger juice in equal parts and drink daily.

FOR DIARRHEA

· Rub ginger juice around the naval

OR COUGHS & COLDS

· 1 tblspoon of ginger

FOR BACK PAIN

· Ginger juice and salt to be mixed and massaged

From the Quran: 76:17. " And they will be given to drink, there, a cup (of pure drink) mixed with Zanjabeel (ginger)."

http://quran.al-shia...qoran/16/02.htm

10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF GINGER

1.Ovarian Cancer Treatment

Ginger may be powerful weapon in the treatment of ovarian cancer. A study conducted at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center found that ginger powder induces cell death in all ovarian cancer cells to which it was applied.

2.Colon Cancer Prevention

A study at the University of Minnesota found that ginger may slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.

3.Morning Sickness

A review of several studies has concluded that ginger is just as effective as vitamin B6 in the treatment of morning sickness.

4.Motion Sickness Remedy

Ginger has been shown to be an effective remedy for the nausea associated with motion sickness.

5.Reduces Pain and Inflammation

One study showed that ginger has anti-inflammato ry properties and is a powerful natural painkiller.

6.Heartburn Relief

Ginger has long been used as a natural heartburn remedy. It is most often taken in the form of tea for this purpose.

7.Cold and Flu Prevention and Treatment Ginger has long been used as a naturaltreatmen t for colds and the flu. Many people also find ginger to be helpful in thecase of stomach flus or food poisoning, which is not surprising given the positive effects ginger has upon the digestive tract.

8.Migraine Relief

Research has shown that ginger may provide migraine relief due to its ability to stop prostaglandins from causing pain and inflammation in blood vessels.

9.Menstrual Cramp Relief

In Chinese medicine, ginger tea with brown sugar is used in the treatment of menstrual cramps.

10.Prevention of Diabetic Nephropathy

A study done on diabetic rats found that those rats given ginger had a reduced incidence of diabetic nephropathy (kidney damage).

From many websites on google..

Some scientific and medical research on the effect of ginger: http://www.ncbi.nlm....ed/?term=ginger
Edited by cendrillon

(salam)

Do you guys drink it as an infusion ? like chay (tea) ?

I know a qari who usually drinks chay ma3 zanjabeel.

What i've found:

wow mashaAllah, i'm impressed !!! i wish i could give you some sort of medal of honor for this post and research. what touched me the most is the quote from quran that i wasn't aware of! im sure the one in heaven tastes better than the one here :D

really, in many ways this post is the best post i've ever read on Shiachat .. mashaAllah ..

the way i usually drink it is very simple. i buy the ginger, cut slices, put them in a mug, pour water on it .. let it absorb a bit .. and drink :)

then after i finished the cup i usually fill it again with water instead of cutting more slices. i've noticed that they last quite long. instead of wasting and killing more of that root unnecessarily

brother cendrillion ! thank you may Allah reward you soon. "

Whoever comes with a good deed will have ten times the like thereof"

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

Ya Allah sister, hang in there and don't loose faith. Patience and dua are the key to achieving victory. Dont stress so much.

Imam Ali (as) - the stars shine the brightest in the darkest of the nights.

Eat lots of chocolates. There have been studies which demonstrate that eating chocolate helps reduce stress. Treat yourself to some retail therapy. I ate two chocolate custard filled donuts and did some shopping today.. I've had a pretty rough week too and I think it'll stretch into another stressful week..

IA all our difficulties will be eased due through the blessings of Syeda Fatima (as).

Thank you for your kind words sister. It helped. I am praying and praying with all my heart and tears. I just hope things work out. I will never loose hope. I know Allah(SWT) loves me and HE(SWT) knows how I have been suffering. HE(SWT) is all merciful no doubt.

The love of Allah(SWT), the PROPHET(S.A.W) and AHL-UL-BAIT(A.S) is always with me.

Edited by Sapphire

• Advanced Member

Bro, the whole hadith is the following:

"Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety; its only in the darkest nights that the stars shine more brilliantly." - Imam Ali ('a)

Thanks, for the actual quote. I had actually read just the second half of it. But it's very uplifting :)

• Advanced Member

Ya Allah! Oh the Most Beloved, grant me the honour of being counted amongst the Ummah of Your most beloved (sawa) on the Day we are raised. Nothing would make me more proud, pleased and satisfied than for Your Prophet (sawa) to hug me on the Day of Distress and for him to be proud he had me amongst his Ummah. Forgive me for falling short of my duty to You and Your beloved (sawa), oh the Most Beloved :cry: Grant me, my Brothers and Sisters success in representing the Pride of Humanity, Muhammad al-Mustafa (sawa) and forgive us for falling short in this regard. By Your Mercy, oh the Most Merciful of the Merciful. Wrap me and all the Believers in Your Garment of Compassion, Ya Rahmanir-Raheem!

Thanks, for the actual quote. I had actually read just the second half of it. But it's very uplifting :)

No problem Sis :) I had that stuck on my wall when I was studying for my exams :P Alhamdulilah it truly helped

• Veteran Member

I have a question,

lets say some muslim women works with the canadian government and is required to shake hands with the actual government himself, or else she will lose the job

what do you do in this case ? loosing job ? or accepting hand shake with a glove ?

Edited by -Enlightened

• Veteran Member

I have a question,

lets say some muslim women works with the canadian government and is required to shake hands with the actual government himself, or else she will lose the job

what do you do in this case ? loosing job ? or accepting hand shake with a glove ?

According to Ayatullah Sistani fatwa (in Occident), it's permissible in extreme case like if your job acceptance depends on it..

Question: In Western countries, shaking hands is considered as a means of greeting and salutation. Refraining from it could sometimes lead to losing job and education opportunities. So, is it permissible for a Muslim man to shake hands with a woman or for a Muslim woman to shake hands with a man in circumstances of necessity?

Answer: When refraining from touching is not possible by wearing gloves or such like, then it is permissible, especially if not shaking hands would lead to considerable harm or great difficulty that is normally unbearable.

http://www.sistani.o...&id=46&pid=2069

Also, in most health jobs (doctor, nurse, ...) touch is part of their job and it's important for the patient (only)..

Edited by cendrillon

• Veteran Member

wow mashaAllah, i'm impressed !!! i wish i could give you some sort of medal of honor for this post and research. what touched me the most is the quote from quran that i wasn't aware of! im sure the one in heaven tastes better than the one here :D

really, in many ways this post is the best post i've ever read on Shiachat .. mashaAllah ..

the way i usually drink it is very simple. i buy the ginger, cut slices, put them in a mug, pour water on it .. let it absorb a bit .. and drink :)

then after i finished the cup i usually fill it again with water instead of cutting more slices. i've noticed that they last quite long. instead of wasting and killing more of that root unnecessarily

brother cendrillion ! thank you may Allah reward you soon. "

Whoever comes with a good deed will have ten times the like thereof"

(wasalam)

(salam) brother/sister.

Thanks you very much for you kind words which astonish me. You're the one i should thank.

This link could interest you: http://www.usislam.org/islam/plants_of_the_noble_quran.htm

May Allah send His Blessings upon you and accept all you duas :)

• Veteran Member

I wish i could meet some of the amazing people on shiachat in real life :( :( :(

One of them being Sister -Enlightened :wub:

:blush: unexpected post :blush:

I wish I could meet you too sister ! :( :wub:

Edited by -Enlightened

• Veteran Member

Insha'Allah dear sister -Enlightened, Allah(swt) is all Knowing And all Compassionate , who knows we might end up meeting in one of our respected sheikh's or lecturers majalises in the future :wub:

Inshallah ! that would be my dream :wub:

or we could meet at some place for example Karbala, Qom ,samarra... Mecca!!

Edited by -Enlightened