Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please recite fatiha for my grandfather, he left us today!

My Grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I humbly ask you to recite a fateha for him and pray for my mother. May Allah bless the souls of your beloved who passed away and give you all a healthy,long li

Thoughts:   14th November 2015. Happy birthday dad! If you were still here you'd have turned 62 today, about the age people take retirement.   These 23 years have passed real quick.

Posted Images

Anyone see the verbal irony in this sentence?

“Already it was deep summer on roadhouse roofs and in front of wayside garages, where new red gas-pumps sat out in pools of light, and when I reached my estate at West Egg I ran the car under its shed and sat for a while on an abandoned grass roller in the yard."

• Veteran Member

Anyone see the verbal irony in this sentence?

“Already it was deep summer on roadhouse roofs and in front of wayside garages, where new red gas-pumps sat out in pools of light, and when I reached my estate at West Egg I ran the car under its shed and sat for a while on an abandoned grass roller in the yard."

ummm...

• Advanced Member

Not really my kind of thing, unfortunately.

there r lods of manly stuff on there, u might enjoy it,, give it a go

another migraine

salamat 7bibty :* inshallah u feel better xx

OMG, guess what i found out! There was this other chick from the west coast that the pimp hurt!

ok, I am getting annoyed with ur pimp posts, how about you start a new thread and call it "pimps and what I discovered" & leave this thread pimp free,, just typing the word wants to make me through up

thought: the above post is annoying. Have u noticed there is a new thread called thoughts? the name of it should be changed :o

• Advanced Member

OK---ignorant me does not know what is meant by this cryptic narrative--

would you elaborate, please --?

This maimuna user tells a horrifyingly rubbish story of this random dude getting with a bunch of girls. She seems to be obsessed with this dude and his gfs and ex-gfs. She keeps explaining this unwanted story; on and on, continuously name-calling and back-biting everyone in her life.

• Veteran Member

My favourite jazz piece - Duke Ellington with John Coltrane, the stuff of legends.

I realise most of you young'uns don't have a clue about this, but so wut.

Firstly and most importantly, nobody cares about jazz because it sucks. The only people who "like" it are pretending to like it because they are hipsters. (Actually, that is the origin of the term "hipster"; bourgeois whites who tried to act like black musicians).

Secondly, how old are you? I am not 100 percent certain but I am fairly confident of two things: (1) Duke Ellington was alive and famous in like, the 1930s or whatever, and (2) you were not alive in the 1930s.

So what does us being youngins have anything to do with it? When the musical piece is something from long before you were born? (I am assuming this on the basis that nobody over 35 knows what the internet is or is capable of navigating it).

That's like if I am passionate about the Napoleonic Wars, and I keep talking them and saying "Yeah you youngins won't remember the Napoleonic Wars. That was back when wars were fought by MEN. It was nothing like this Iraq, Afghanistan rubbish you hear on the radio nowadays." As if I was actually around back then.

You see how ridiculous this is?

You are being ridiculous.

And another thing... if you knew that nobody would like it (which nobody does, because it's jazz... yeah), why did you post it? To show how awesome your taste is and how terrible everyone else's taste is, with their Lady Zha Zha and their flip flop music?

This is the characteristic of either: (1) an old man whose taste is outdated but yet feels the need to complain about people younger than him and how they are wrong about everything, or (2) a hipster.

I don't know how old you are but I'm fairly sure you're not an old man; not old man enough to fall into category #1.

Stop being ridiculous.

• Advanced Member

what a shiachat robot! Of course I will be naming names and exposing evil groups and organizations in my work! There is no confidentiality issues, it's all open and public! I'm even going to talk about them soon in my public talks! Gawd! What a bunch of robots!

:D

Then do so, just not here.

Create a thread and keep telling your stories there?

• Veteran Member

So what does us being youngins have anything to do with it? When the musical piece is something from long before you were born? (I am assuming this on the basis that nobody over 35 knows what the internet is or is capable of navigating it).

Stop being ridiculous.

1 - I'm pretty sure it's ''young'un''

2 - If you had bothered to watch Rocky IV you would have seen how hard he trained, and so, that video you posted is just ridiculous

Edited by Ali_Hussain
  • Veteran Member

1 - I'm pretty sure it's ''young'un''

2 - If you had bothered to watch Rocky IV you would have seen how hard he trained, and so, that video you posted is just ridiculous

Don't correct people on the spelling of words that don't actually exist in the formal English language.

And I don't care how hard Rocky's lumberjack training was. He had no business staying alive for 15 rounds, let alone winning. Do I need to remind you that Drago killed Apollo Creed in two rounds, without even exerting himself? Whatever he hits, he destroys. You should not even be taken seriously after that statement. You have lost all legitimacy in the eyes of everyone.

Edited by baradar_jackson
  • Veteran Member

Don't correct people on the spelling of words that don't actually exist in the formal English language.

And I don't care how hard Rocky's lumberjack training was. He had no business staying alive for 15 rounds, let alone winning. Do I need to remind you that Drago killed Apollo Creed in two rounds, without even exerting himself? Whatever he hits, he destroys. You should not even be taken seriously after that statement. You have lost all legitimacy in the eyes of everyone.

young'un

[yuhng-uh n] Show IPA

noun, Informal.

a young one; child.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/youngun?s=t

As for your thoughts on the fight, did you ever consider that Drago just didn't have the heart, and then when the crowd turned on him, it was the last blow, it was just too much for his drug addled mind to take.

Apalo just didn't give Drago the respect he deserved, he didn't prepare properly, and as a result, he got a good kicking, that cost him his life. Also, by that stage, he was well over the hill.

• Veteran Member

young'un

[yuhng-uh n] Show IPA

noun, Informal.

a young one; child.

http://dictionary.re...wse/youngun?s=t

As for your thoughts on the fight, did you ever consider that Drago just didn't have the heart, and then when the crowd turned on him, it was the last blow, it was just too much for his drug addled mind to take.

Apalo just didn't give Drago the respect he deserved, he didn't prepare properly, and as a result, he got a good kicking, that cost him his life. Also, by that stage, he was well over the hill.

OK so you correct my spelling on "youngin" but you spell Apollo, "Apalo." That's straight up hypocrisy.

If you want to know why the crowd in Moscow turned on Drago, refer to my 17-part tafseer lectures on Rocky IV.

Rocky IV was the worst kind of political propaganda, because it tried to do two things: (1) demonize everything the Russians did, even if they were perfectly normal things, and (2) give a message of "peace" and "understanding" and blah blah. Remember when Drago did that power clean in front of those reporters, and the camera cuts to his wife, who is reveling in some kind of perverse sense of pleasure? What is implied here is that she is wrong simply for wanting her husband to be successful. And surely enough, what happens that makes the Russian people -- as a collective whole -- redeem themselves? They stop supporting their guy (Drago) and threw their support behind the American (Rocky). And that's the ONLY way the Russians can reform themselves in this movie. If they were to continue supporting Drago, they would have been part of this evil plan to... win a boxing match against an American.

But that's besides the point. The point is Drago's invincibility. He doesn't need the crowd: that was well-established in Las Vegas.

Drago fights to wins. He wins for HIM. For HIM! Not for any fickle, traitor crowd.

And I'm sorry but it is impossible for Rocky to overcome his clear limitations. And don't act like he's some kind of arif who can transcend his physical limitations. Maybe if he had Miyagi training him you could say that, but no. Rocky sucks. Drago should have been able to murder him.

Moreover, Rocky got knocked down like 10 times during the match. Evidently the filmmakers never heard of a TKO.

• Advanced Member

Best skyrim ost.

So beautiful.

My favourite jazz piece - Duke Ellington with John Coltrane, the stuff of legends.

I realise most of you young'uns don't have a clue about this, but so wut.

I didn't, but now I do! And it is very nice. I use to listen to the sample track "Sleep Away" in media player library over 'n' over, now I shall listen to this one.

Jazz is pretty cool.

Edited by Aghachan
  • Veteran Member

OK so you correct my spelling on "youngin" but you spell Apollo, "Apalo." That's straight up hypocrisy.

If you want to know why the crowd in Moscow turned on Drago, refer to my 17-part tafseer lectures on Rocky IV.

Rocky IV was the worst kind of political propaganda, because it tried to do two things: (1) demonize everything the Russians did, even if they were perfectly normal things, and (2) give a message of "peace" and "understanding" and blah blah. Remember when Drago did that power clean in front of those reporters, and the camera cuts to his wife, who is reveling in some kind of perverse sense of pleasure? What is implied here is that she is wrong simply for wanting her husband to be successful. And surely enough, what happens that makes the Russian people -- as a collective whole -- redeem themselves? They stop supporting their guy (Drago) and threw their support behind the American (Rocky). And that's the ONLY way the Russians can reform themselves in this movie. If they were to continue supporting Drago, they would have been part of this evil plan to... win a boxing match against an American.

But that's besides the point. The point is Drago's invincibility. He doesn't need the crowd: that was well-established in Las Vegas.

Drago fights to wins. He wins for HIM. For HIM! Not for any fickle, traitor crowd.

And I'm sorry but it is impossible for Rocky to overcome his clear limitations. And don't act like he's some kind of arif who can transcend his physical limitations. Maybe if he had Miyagi training him you could say that, but no. Rocky sucks. Drago should have been able to murder him.

Moreover, Rocky got knocked down like 10 times during the match. Evidently the filmmakers never heard of a TKO.

First of all, I would never correct yours or anyone else' spelling when I spell at the level of a 12 year old. I was just pointing out that you were not saying the word correctly. So there is a difference, that kind of basic mistake could seriously effect your street cred.

Look, of course Rocky IV is a propaganda film, but you need to look past your love of russia and your hatred of america, and realise that Rocky went to hell and back in order to win that fight and he deserved it.

Next you're gonna be telling me you don't like Rambo 2 for the same reasons.

Your arguments are being a bit sky news (if they were pro russia and anti usa) - I'm like George Galloway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=249JaIaubVw

Had my mobile phone stolen. *sigh*

sucks to hear that. iA you find it!

my friend got her iphone stolen two weeks ago at a bus stop. some kid asked for the time, snatched it, and ran. she ran after him and his friend for a good 6-7 blocks but couldnt get them. the police were close to finding them 'cause the iphone has that icloud tracking thing, but then the genius accidentally sent out an alert to the phone, so the thief turned the phone off :no:

another phone story: my friend was in pak 2 years ago, and she said she saw this girl on her phone in karachi. some dude came up to her. he pretended to be her older brother, yelled "WHY DO YOU HAVE A PHONE?", slapped her, took her phone, and strolled away.

strange world we live in :donno:

• Advanced Member

another phone story: my friend was in pak 2 years ago, and she said she saw this girl on her phone in karachi. some dude came up to her. he pretended to be her older brother, yelled "WHY DO YOU HAVE A PHONE?", slapped her, took her phone, and strolled away.

lol that is genius (in a bad way ) :D

• Veteran Member

First of all, I would never correct yours or anyone else' spelling when I spell at the level of a 12 year old. I was just pointing out that you were not saying the word correctly. So there is a difference, that kind of basic mistake could seriously effect your street cred.

Please point out the distinction between correcting my spelling and "pointing out that [i was] not saying the word correctly." Because I fail to see the difference.

Look, of course Rocky IV is a propaganda film, but you need to look past your love of russia and your hatred of america,

Don't love Russia. Don't hate America.

and realise that Rocky went to hell and back in order to win that fight and he deserved it.

The movie is inseparable from the political message.

Next you're gonna be telling me you don't like Rambo 2 for the same reasons.

I only saw "First Blood."

Your arguments are being a bit sky news (if they were pro russia and anti usa) - I'm like George Galloway

If they are so weak, refute them. But you can't. I cannot be defeated. I defeat all man.