Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please recite fatiha for my grandfather, he left us today!

My Grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I humbly ask you to recite a fateha for him and pray for my mother. May Allah bless the souls of your beloved who passed away and give you all a healthy,long li

Thoughts:   14th November 2015. Happy birthday dad! If you were still here you'd have turned 62 today, about the age people take retirement.   These 23 years have passed real quick.

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

Bro you are a revert, which means you are a rare piece.

Any Islamic bookstore/Halal restaurant will quickly hire you, when you mention your 'revertness' to them, make it kind of exotic, sell your story, discuss your fascination to Islam and the hardship you endure as a revert for the sake of Islam, tell it with emotion.

I mean there is nothing wrong in it, take advantage of your rareness in the community :P

Haha never thought of it that way. To be honest, I was hesitant of asking for work at the Turkish place because they know me and I didn't want to use my identy as a revert as something I could use to my advantage :P

Islamic Bookstore would be cool, but there are none in my Community unfortunately :( ill look around for more Halal restaurants. But from what I know there are not many, which is a shame.

I know this isn't something I will get paid for but it would keep me busy for a bit. I was thinking of going around dropping off pamphlets into the letter boxes of people's addresses with information about Islam & stuff like that. This was something I really wanted to do a while ago but never did... Because this Christian Group dropped pamphlets into our letter box basically hamming Islam and our Prophet (sawa) :( they were even insulting Allah... Which is kinda stupid considering they believe in the same God :/ but anyway...

I was so saddened by this :( not because it would affect me, but because all those other people would of received it as well and it might of affected them. Too be honest, it wasn't a well thought out endeavour lol. They made so many mistakes. Like they said the Prophet (sawa) had 21 wives, Allah (swt) is an idol, ect. If they were going to do it at all, they could have at least gotten the info right :/

So yeah, that's what I thought about doing in response to that but I never did.

Maybe I should do that but about our Prophet (sawa) with relevant Hadiths & Ayah's about his personal life, character, achievements & what he stood for. I think this may be an appropriate response to what has recently happened in the media.

But I'm the kind of person who doesn't necessarily like annoying people lol & everyone hates junk mail already but Islam isn't junk mail!!! But others might see it that way and completely ignore it. But I think if the message reaches just one person and forces them to do a little research of their own, even if they change their opinion of Islam of Muhammad (sawa) then I think it's worth it.

Thoughts? :P

• Advanced Member

Work on sunday. :(

aww! When I was in the Middle East there was always school on Sunday lool, the week starts SAT! :D

No, I meant I am looking for work but you are complaining you have work :P

Gotta make some ca$h in the mean time before Uni startssssssss

ME TOOO!! can't find any job atm so sad,, all the cool jobs r in London double meh

Bro you are a revert, which means you are a rare piece.

Any Islamic bookstore/Halal restaurant will quickly hire you, when you mention your 'revertness' to them, make it kind of exotic, sell your story, discuss your fascination to Islam and the hardship you endure as a revert for the sake of Islam, tell it with emotion.

I mean there is nothing wrong in it, take advantage of your rareness in the community :P

hehehe I like that! selling urself is a key! the faster u learn it the better

thought: just bought an early graduation gift for 5pounds! WIN hehehe

• Advanced Member

Haha never thought of it that way. To be honest, I was hesitant of asking for work at the Turkish place because they know me and I didn't want to use my identy as a revert as something I could use to my advantage :P

Islamic Bookstore would be cool, but there are none in my Community unfortunately :( ill look around for more Halal restaurants. But from what I know there are not many, which is a shame.

I know this isn't something I will get paid for but it would keep me busy for a bit. I was thinking of going around dropping off pamphlets into the letter boxes of people's addresses with information about Islam & stuff like that. This was something I really wanted to do a while ago but never did... Because this Christian Group dropped pamphlets into our letter box basically hamming Islam and our Prophet (sawa) :( they were even insulting Allah... Which is kinda stupid considering they believe in the same God :/ but anyway...

I was so saddened by this :( not because it would affect me, but because all those other people would of received it as well and it might of affected them. Too be honest, it wasn't a well thought out endeavour lol. They made so many mistakes. Like they said the Prophet (sawa) had 21 wives, Allah (swt) is an idol, ect. If they were going to do it at all, they could have at least gotten the info right :/

So yeah, that's what I thought about doing in response to that but I never did.

Maybe I should do that but about our Prophet (sawa) with relevant Hadiths & Ayah's about his personal life, character, achievements & what he stood for. I think this may be an appropriate response to what has recently happened in the media.

But I'm the kind of person who doesn't necessarily like annoying people lol & everyone hates junk mail already but Islam isn't junk mail!!! But others might see it that way and completely ignore it. But I think if the message reaches just one person and forces them to do a little research of their own, even if they change their opinion of Islam of Muhammad (sawa) then I think it's worth it.

Thoughts? :P

Wow, why would Christians lie and deceive people regarding Islam? The Youths and people are running away from Churches, they have a hard time in filling up churches, shouldn't they worry about their empty churches? Than spread falsehood regarding Islam?

For your activism, you can also do this:

Take a buddy of yours too, and do it in a busy area at a peak time. People love stuff like this!

I am sure more more Islamic bookstores and Halal restaurants will be there, in big cities lol

Just apply at shopping malls and all, talk to the manager while dropping your resume, exaggerate a bit and you will be good :D

Edited by GreyMatter
  • Advanced Member
Yep, I got to work at cool places always, just because of my exaggeration(s) and selling my self :D

lol nice mashallah, the thing with that people expect so much of u later and it'll be too much to match alllll their expectations,, I'll have to do some selling (OF MYSELF) soon maybe after the new year I NEED a GREAT job coz I have so many plans and they all need MONEY :o

thoughts: I kinda miss math and physics :wacko: never thought I'll say this lol

• Banned

In the Third Reich, there was an official prayer for the Führer. :wub:

Führer, mein Führer, von Gott mir gegeben, beschütz und erhalte noch lange mein Leben

Du hast Deutschland errettet aus tiefster Not, Dir verdank ich mein tägliches Brot

Führer, mein Führer, mein Glaube, mein Licht

Führer mein Führer, verlasse mich nicht

Leader, my leader, God gave you to me, protect and sustain my life for a long time

You rescued Germany from deep misery, I owe you my daily bread

Leader, my leader, my belief, my light

Leader, my leader, don't leave me

:cry:

So beautiful.

• Advanced Member

Yeah I spoke with one Brother who works at this Turkish restaurant but he said they are not looking for anyone at the moment but he will take my name down and keep me in mind. Then he gave me a wink LOL haha. Insha'Allah I get a call back :P

Yeah, the only problem with working in a restaurant is that some of them serve alcohol... & I am pretty sure as a Muslim I'm not allowed to serve it to people who ordered it.

lol @ wink :D

INSHALLAH you will find a job soon.

that actually happened in khi.

i just came back from majlis and heard the news of a bomb attack in karachi.

3 people died and 17 injured :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry: :cry:

• Veteran Member

Thoughts: I wish I had some cups. Some nice cups. Some really nice cups. To break them.

My mom once when she was upset, took all our plates, put them in a bag and smashed them on the floor.

A beautiful girl wearing all black with such white hands and face walks up to a dilapidated house and picks a flower from the yard as red as the blood in our veins.

All alone exactingly where she was.

Why am I not allowed?

I have been forgetful of myself lately.

Edited by Servidor
  • Advanced Member

Wow, why would Christians lie and deceive people regarding Islam? The Youths and people are running away from Churches, they have a hard time in filling up churches, shouldn't they worry about their empty churches? Than spread falsehood regarding Islam?

For your activism, you can also do this:

Take a buddy of yours too, and do it in a busy area at a peak time. People love stuff like this!

I am sure more more Islamic bookstores and Halal restaurants will be there, in big cities lol

Just apply at shopping malls and all, talk to the manager while dropping your resume, exaggerate a bit and you will be good :D

Yeh that is exactly right. Because they know the youngin's like myself are running towards the Truth :P

Thanks bro, ill watch it shortly :)

Yeah in big cities... But I live 1.5 hours away from the closest Shia Mosque & my Sunni Masjid/community doesn't have a book shop or anything like that lol. Looks like restaurants will have to do for now :P The manager of this one place is gunna call me tomorrow :D it's this Turkish restaurant/take away place and I know they are Muslims so I was thinking of taking your advice and when she calls drop the good old 'Salaam alaykum... Oops, sorry. You wouldn't understand that, it's a Muslim thing :P' then I'd get 'Ohh, Masha'Allah I am Muslim as well!' 'No way? Get outta here!' LOOOL

Or I could ask when she calls, if the meat is halal there and then be like 'As a revert it can be quite challenging to find Halal meat and adjusting to the new dietary requirements' ;) lol then she will be like 'Mashaaaaa'Allah! Your a revert!' Then ill be giving GreyMatter an air hi-five with 1 foot in the jobbb :P

Guest {Ya_Qamar_Bani_Hashim}
Yeh that is exactly right. Because they know the youngin's like myself are running towards the Truth :P Thanks bro, ill watch it shortly :) Yeah in big cities... But I live 1.5 hours away from the closest Shia Mosque & my Sunni Masjid/community doesn't have a book shop or anything like that lol. Looks like restaurants will have to do for now :P The manager of this one place is gunna call me tomorrow :D it's this Turkish restaurant/take away place and I know they are Muslims so I was thinking of taking your advice and when she calls drop the good old 'Salaam alaykum... Oops, sorry. You wouldn't understand that, it's a Muslim thing :P' then I'd get 'Ohh, Masha'Allah I am Muslim as well!' 'No way? Get outta here!' LOOOL Or I could ask when she calls, if the meat is halal there and then be like 'As a revert it can be quite challenging to find Halal meat and adjusting to the new dietary requirements' ;) lol then she will be like 'Mashaaaaa'Allah! Your a revert!' Then ill be giving GreyMatter an air hi-five with 1 foot in the jobbb :P

(salam)

you'll get the job inshallah bro

Edited by {Ya_Qamar_Bani_Hashim}
Guest Maryam1
My little brother woke up early and sneaked downstairs. When he made noise by opening the door of the freezer and the cubboards, my mother woke up and rushed downstairs only to find he was getting vanilla ice cream and a large bowl. It was 8 in the morning, he wanted to have it for breakfast lool.

aww , how old is your little brother.