Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

• Veteran Member

Today's my birthday :D

At least I can hope to get some bdays wishes from people online... I've been getting yelled at the moment I woke up, and my family hasn't even bothered to say happy birthday to me even though I've been bragging about it all week long... Apparently to them it's the worst day of their lives. :(

Aww, kid, I haven't signed in from ages or I would have certainly wished you the same day but Bon Anniversaire :D :D :D :D :D :D D: :D - and, sorry for the late wish. :D

Let me guess what you just said.. My whole life I have never gained something from urdu majlis, instead of learning more about Imam Ali (as). There is no humanity?

LOL am I close? If not, translate it innit.

My thoughts, I want to do what Christopher McCandless did..

Very good, your Urdu is getting quite good. You started off so well that I was wondering, "Why does this person who obviously knows Urdu saying he is guessing" but when I saw your name, I was like WHAT?! :o But, towards the end, there were some problems.

The actual translation is: "In life, I have never found an Urdu Majlis in which there are actual (good) attributes, instead of praise for Imam Ali (as) . A person doesn't learn anything." If that's not making a bit of sense, that's because I, as well, didn't really get what sh was trying to say.

On a side note, Haider, fazail and tareef are nearly the same thing so what's your grievance? If you think Urdu Majlis' are not good and don't teach you anything, try Maulana Ali Murtaza Zaidi - by far, one of the best, if not the best, orators we have in the Urdu world.

And, Sheikh e Kutubi, how was my translation? I wanted to, MAYBE, translate something from Urdu to English so any tips/criticism would be hugely appreciated.

Edited by Khadim uz Zahra
  • Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please recite fatiha for my grandfather, he left us today!

My Grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I humbly ask you to recite a fateha for him and pray for my mother. May Allah bless the souls of your beloved who passed away and give you all a healthy,long li

Thoughts:   14th November 2015. Happy birthday dad! If you were still here you'd have turned 62 today, about the age people take retirement.   These 23 years have passed real quick.

Posted Images

• Veteran Member

zindagi mein kabhi nahi koyi urdu majlis milegi jis mein koi actual fazail ho, instead of imam ali ki taarifein. insaan kuch seekta hi nahi hain :dry:

lol yeah, i meant the latter, because it just doesnt happen, man. you're supposed to learn something worthwhile, man. all we ever learn is how to diss non-shias -_-

come on sister,thats completely false.

we have scholars here.one is already mentioned.all u need is just to search them :)

i have actually stopped listening to those kinds of Molana's a long ago.Fadhail itself leads us to the Teachings of Imams (as) and increase their value and love in our hearts.

and if we dont learn anything from majlis,it is our fault too.people are gaining knowledge and darkness of ignorance is getting replaced inshAllah.

On a side note, Haider, fazail and tareef are nearly the same thing so what's your grievance? If you think Urdu Majlis' are not good and don't teach you anything, try Maulana Ali Murtaza Zaidi - by far, one of the best, if not the best, orators we have in the Urdu world.

And, Sheikh e Kutubi, how was my translation? I wanted to, MAYBE, translate something from Urdu to English so any tips/criticism would be hugely appreciated.

taarefein means praises in urdu, bub :P

thoughts: this is what i get for putting things to the last minute.

• Advanced Member

what's happening in Gaza is beyond sad :( and what really annoyed me was when Obama said Israel is "defending" themselves! REALLY? *SIGH*

I was debating all day with Pro-Zionists about the Israeli-Palestinian matter on Reddit of course.

These Zionists told me that 'we Israelis are the most morally correct country when it comes to war', and that 'Gazans have been terrorizing a quarter of our (Israeli) populations and their own Palestinians as well', are you kidding me, are they completely blind to look around?

They never answered any of my points when I questioned their non-existent 'morality' though.

Edited by GreyMatter
  • Advanced Member

I was debating all day with Pro-Zionists about the Israeli-Palestinian matter on Reddit of course.

These Zionists told me that 'we Israelis are the most morally correct country when it comes to war', and that 'Gazans have been terrorizing a quarter of our (Israeli) populations and their own Palestinians as well', are you kidding me, are they completely blind to look around?

They never answered any of my points when I questioned their non-existent 'morality' though.

Did Obama really say 'Israel is just defending themselves?'

Bro, I have come close to stop watching TV completely now lol. Would you be able to fill me in on what's currently going on?

• Advanced Member

Peace---my smart, sensible, sensitive and self-controlled Sister----I missed you and I mean it---

:o All that from just my online persona, sis you must pen a novel – I’ll be the first to queue up to buy it.

And I missed you too! :wub: Cute new avatar! :wub:

AWWW!!! Sho Shhweet :wub:

Hopefully, no more moving any time sooner.

Oh how I wish that could be. :(

Thoughts: I feel loooooooooooooooooooved!!! :wub:

Today's my birthday :D

At least I can hope to get some bdays wishes from people online... I've been getting yelled at the moment I woke up, and my family hasn't even bothered to say happy birthday to me even though I've been bragging about it all week long... Apparently to them it's the worst day of their lives. :(

So sorry that I couldn't wish you on THE DAY, but lemme try to make up for that sis! :wub:

May Allah (swt) bless my little sis always with great health and a life full of love, happiness and success...Aameen!

• Advanced Member

They have such TWISTED thinking,, it's like HELLO are u blind or just brain dead,, Like they have been killing non stop and when they got a reply it was like oh they r hurting us *SIGH* super annoying :( now about 40 died,, :cry:

thought: why do we have to study during weekends? :no:

• Veteran Member

zindagi mein kabhi nahi koyi urdu majlis milegi jis mein koi actual fazail ho, instead of imam ali ki taarifein. insaan kuch seekta hi nahi hain :dry:

Let me guess what you just said.. My whole life I have never gained something from urdu majlis, instead of learning more about Imam Ali (as). There is no humanity?

Literally, "Never in life will there be an Urdu majlis that has actual fadaail instead of (cheap) praises for Imam Ali. (For this reason) one never learns anything."

Translation is unclear because the original Urdu sentence itself pretty ambiguously worded. However I know what haidernyc means.

She is saying that there is more sophistry and bluff in Urdu majaalis to put down Sunnis than topical analysis of the fadaail of Imam Ali, and that one doesn't derive any valuable knowledge from those majalis.

@ Khadim, what are you preparing to translate btw?

@ Inaya, good try. You do us proud!

Guest {Ya_Qamar_Bani_Hashim}

"By Allah, I am not afraid that you will become poor. I am afraid that worldly wealth will be given to you in abundance as it was given to those (nations) before you, and you will start competing with each other for it as the previous nations competed for it. Then it will divert you (from good) as it diverted them." Prophet Muhammad (saw)

• Veteran Member

Literally, "Never in life will there be an Urdu majlis that has actual fadaail instead of (cheap) praises for Imam Ali. (For this reason) one never learns anything."

Translation is unclear because the original Urdu sentence itself pretty ambiguously worded. However I know what haidernyc means.

She is saying that there is more sophistry and bluff in Urdu majaalis to put down Sunnis than topical analysis of the fadaail of Imam Ali, and that one doesn't derive any valuable knowledge from those majalis.

@ Khadim, what are you preparing to translate btw?

@ Inaya, good try. You do us proud!

Was thinking of translating a lecture but it's a BIG MAYBE!

See, Haider, Fadail and Tareef both mean praise...

But, Sheikh e Kutubi has come to your rescue, so say thanks!

• Advanced Member

Did Obama really say 'Israel is just defending themselves?'

Bro, I have come close to stop watching TV completely now lol. Would you be able to fill me in on what's currently going on?

Well any atrocity Israel commits, they do to defend themselves, so Obama, or the Canadian PM, or any Western European leader will always say that they are 'defending themselves'.

Last Gazan conflict in 2009 left 1300 Palestinians dead, with majority being women and children, and 13 Israelis dead.

This one is headed that way, if it prolongs.

The Israeli Intelligence (Mossad) bombed the Hamas' military leader, thus Hamas fired rockets (their rockets are usually very low tech) and in-return, Israeli jets pounded the c.rap out of Gaza, thus it is escalating.

If you dont watch T.V, then you can always Google it up :)

Edited by GreyMatter

marbles from president!

• Advanced Member

Work in a restaurant. Pay is good and freeee food :D

Yeah I spoke with one Brother who works at this Turkish restaurant but he said they are not looking for anyone at the moment but he will take my name down and keep me in mind. Then he gave me a wink LOL haha. Insha'Allah I get a call back :P

Yeah, the only problem with working in a restaurant is that some of them serve alcohol... & I am pretty sure as a Muslim I'm not allowed to serve it to people who ordered it.

• Veteran Member

Oh I am sorry I did not know this.

May Allah give maghfarat to his soul and sabr to his family. In my duas.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.