Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Are you seriously suggesting that the ISLAMIC republic of Iran, which persecutes and kills minorities that are not Muslims, actually took inspiration from SIKHS? What kind of logic is this?!

And it is illogical that states haven't been influenced by eachother over the centuries or that they continue to do so? Is it also sacraligious to suggest that the IRI drew some influence from Plato's Republic (a society ruled by philosophers; in IRI's case the clergy)? Please stop being so emotional and be a little more objective in this. I don't see what the big idea is, that the IRI's symbol on their flag may have been influenced by Sikhs - you make it seem like it is beneath them. What did I state?

It doesn't mean IRI subscribes to Sikh beliefs by saying there was an inlfuence from the symbol's shape.

You might as well say that every star on the American flag represents the star in the Islamic symbol of the crescent and moon. But that would be less ridiculous than your Iranian theory, because America doesn't actively hunt down and kill all Muslims.

:huh:

Why exactly would I argue that? There are numerous flags with stars (there are no crescents on the U.S flag, furthermore the crescent isn't neccessarily the symbol of Islam, it was first adopted by Muslims under the Ottomans - it had been in use by other pre-Islamic civilizations for symbolism of course.

You are making far-fetched comparisons in anycase.

Your sarcastic jibes about Iran persecuting minorities or USA not killing Muslims is also quite unnecessary.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Guest Mushu

Are you seriously suggesting that the ISLAMIC republic of Iran, which persecutes and kills minorities that are not Muslims, actually took inspiration from SIKHS? What kind of logic is this?! You might as well say that every star on the American flag represents the star in the Islamic symbol of the crescent and moon. But that would be less ridiculous than your Iranian theory, because America doesn't actively hunt down and kill all Muslims.

?

i can't believe you guys are still debating over two symbols that coincidentially look alike. whats gna happen if u find out that in fact the iranians did get the symbol from the sikhs? what will you do then? what is it gna change?

And anyways sikhism is a monotheistic religion; they believe in one God and 12 or 14 or 10 (cant remember how many exactly) disciples, like how we believe in Allah and Ahlulbayt, thats how it is for them.

I don't think they're kufaar...are they?

Edited by Lady

i can't believe you guys are still debating over two symbols that coincidentially look alike. whats gna happen if u find out that in fact the iranians did get the symbol from the sikhs? what will you do then? what is it gna change?

It's not the fact that its JUST a symbol. It's the fact that people are drawing false conclusions. So its important to clear that up. :wacko:

And anyways sikhism is a monotheistic religion; they believe in one God and 12 or 14 or 10 (cant remember how many exactly) disciples, like how we believe in Allah and Ahlulbayt, thats how it is for them.

I don't think they're kufaar...are they?

Whether they are kuffar is a different topic altogether, but they are a monotheistic religion and are against idol worship, they have 10 gurus.

Interestingly enough the first, Guru Nanak was born a Hindu but befriended Sufis and it is said that he went on pilgrimage to Makkah and travelled to Iraq. There was no consensus on what he was at the time of his death - whether he was a Hindu or Muslim or what, as Sikhsim as a religion hadn't yet been established.

its quite an interesting topic. Because once i read that in their holy book (the guru granth sahib) it says that there will be a rightful leader with a successor with a double pointed sword...so sikhism myt have something more to do with the shia faith than we actually know...its worthwhile to research.

Whether they are kuffar is a different topic altogether, but they are a monotheistic religion and are against idol worship, they have 10 gurus.

Interestingly enough the first, Guru Nanak was born a Hindu but befriended Sufis and it is said that he went on pilgrimage to Makkah and travelled to Iraq. There was no consensus on what he was at the time of his death - whether he was a Hindu or Muslim or what, as Sikhsim as a religion hadn't yet been established.

The generally accepted day is 22 September 1539.

There's actually an interesting story about his death. I say story, because I have no idea if it's true or not. I'm leaning towards the not.

His Hindu and Muslim followers were arguing over how do dispose of his body. His Hindu followers wanted to cremate him and his Muslim followers wanted to bury him. So they made a deal. They would each put flowers on his body. The next morning, the person who's flowers had not withered would get to choose what to do with his body. When they checked, his body was gone and only the flowers remained. So the Hindu's cremated their flowers and the Muslims buried their flowers.

Guest Endless Emotion

Sneaky signature you have there :shifty:

Inaya my new avatar RULES ! check it out :P

Guest Inaya

Inaya my new avatar RULES ! check it out :P

lak shinuu hayyy hhhh he's cool yeah :P I really liked that bracelet + attached rings in the shape of the bones of your hand, that looked very cool.

Thoughts :: I had a GREAT Bollywood song in my signature (it was lyrics in Hindi that was also a link to the song on youtube). Now look at my beautiful signature :(

Sorryyy, maybe I shouldn't have commented on it lol. But the admin has good intentions, music is haraam..