Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, hasanhh said:

I guess that is why she broke-up the one she had, had an adulteress affair, and then left the kids and ran off with some playboy.

well, i don't really know much about her story so i can't proceed with any comment.

But hey, your focus should be on the sayings... and not the personality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I heard from a long lost cousin of mine. Sadly his mother who was one of my favorite aunts is dead. What bothered me was the fact that he proudly showed me pictures of his 6 year old son with his head cut (the qama thing) and his newborn dressed in green and tied up in chains and all that stuff during Moharram. I am at a loss as to how to praise him and say 'aww how cute' when all I feel is disgust at the pictures. 

Somebody help me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, apofomysback said:

So I heard from a long lost cousin of mine. Sadly his mother who was one of my favorite aunts is dead. What bothered me was the fact that he proudly showed me pictures of his 6 year old son with his head cut (the qama thing) and his newborn dressed in green and tied up in chains and all that stuff during Moharram. I am at a loss as to how to praise him and say 'aww how cute' when all I feel is disgust at the pictures. 

Somebody help me.

I think that neither praising nor criticising is the way to go, just kind of close your lips, smile a little shake your head, neither up and down, nor side to side, making a sound that is something between a 'bah' and a 'yeah' and then changing the subject is the way to go, maybe a little shrug of the shoulders and the same time.

Ask a question that is a bit random, yet conected to the situation 'wow, how old was he there?' 'wow the lighting is amazing, it must have been a nice day' - that kind of thing.

Works for me when someone lacks the insight to put themselves in your shoes and imagine how the situation looks to you, but there is no point in stating your opinion as it would cause a pointless argument.

 

Edited by Ali_Hussain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

I think that neither praising nor criticsing is the way to go, just kind of close your lips, smile a little shake your head, neither up and down, nor side to side, making a sound that is something between a 'bah' and a 'yeah' and then changing the subject is the way to go, maybe a little shrug of the shoulders and the same time.

Works for me when someone lacks the insight to put themselves in your shoes and imagine how the situation looks to you, but there is no point in stating your opinion as it would cause a pointless argument.

I'm just going to ignore the pictures. This is an exchange over email so yeah, I'll just keep my mouth shut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, apofomysback said:

I'm just going to ignore the pictures. This is an exchange over email so yeah, I'll just keep my mouth shut. 

Oh no...:( But he needs to know that the practice of "Tatbir" is wrong.

I hope you'll tell him the truth someday....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fatemah kareema said:

Oh no...:( But he needs to know that the practice of "Tatbir" is wrong.

I hope you'll tell him the truth someday....

He is not the sort who'd like hearing that - and he will never agree to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ruq Koala Cousin smiles so cute when Wavey Bear tells him "Sweet Dreams" and Koala puts down the phone and goes back to sleep. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salaam guys, I don't where to post but I feel my imaan slipping away from me right now. Duas would be appreciated right now, kind of in a bad place right now. I am not one to make such posts right now but I don't feel emotionally well and I don't know what to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...