Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Rate this topic

55 minutes ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

So you're comparing the prophet with random people?

I'm asking because I want the know what you consider to be overly nice.

Perhaps the person who is overly nice is simply following the Holy Prophet [SAWW]?

Edited by The Batman

1 hour ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

I hate when people act overly nice in real life, it's creepy.

When you are around someone 'overly nice', you feel uncomfortable and awkward. At least, that's how I feel. Maybe some people need to learn that if they want to be overly nice, they should be so in a comfortable way.

Edited by Zarla

35 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I'm asking because I want the know what you consider to be overly nice.

Being nice and caring is indeed, a sunna and a part of good akhlaq, but there comes a time being overtly nice comes out as forced, pretentious and creepy. I'm not naming names but you know the type, they use intentionally vague and flowery language, then they try to force themselves on you and go on and on like a broken record.

4 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Being nice and caring is indeed, a sunna and a part of good akhlaq, but there comes a time being overtly nice comes out as forced, pretentious and creepy. I'm not naming names but you know the type, they use intentionally vague and flowery language, then they try to force themselves on you and go on and on like a broken record.

I'm asking, because determining who is "overly nice" is different depending on each person. To the ill-mannered, someone who is "just nice" may appear to be "overly nice". Or someone who is not normally around nice people, may look at the average nice guy and think that he's an "overly nice dude".

Get what I mean bro? 

Edited by The Batman

21 minutes ago, Abu-Jafar Herz said:

I think some people when they are nice are sincere but may come off as a bit fake?

I suppose - depends person to person seriously. If I know someone is genuinely nice, it's good. But someone who I know is a rat on the inside - unbearable.

28 minutes ago, apofomysback said:

Ouch! She's that sort? Unbearable at times? 

Yeah, says hi in an affected way like a creaking door and full of false enthusiasm, doesn't know personal space and tries to force herself on you. Kind of like Paula Deen, all sweet and nice but it's all an act.

13 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Yeah, says hi in an affected way like a creaking door and full of false enthusiasm, doesn't know personal space and tries to force herself on you. Kind of like Paula Deen, all sweet and nice but it's all an act.

You know, I sort of had  that image of hers in mind from what little you've told me about her. So glad you don't have to live with the likes of her.

Hey maybe whenever she has problem with her teeth you could send her to the Egyptian doctor? Omar or something? :D

8 minutes ago, apofomysback said:

You know, I sort of had  that image of hers in mind from what little you've told me about her. So glad you don't have to live with the likes of her.

Hey maybe whenever she has problem with her teeth you could send her to the Egyptian doctor? Omar or something? :D

LOL, you're a riot!

6 hours ago, Marbles said:

You're right. It could not make me laugh either. I prefer irony.

But I am still hoping for likes in the range of 3 to 7.

How convenient.

Also, you're hoping too low. Why are you against hope?

Taken from Ahl al-Bayt Daily:

Jesus the son of Mary [a] gave a sermon to the Children of Israel, so he said,

"O Children of Israel! Do not eat until you are hungry. If you are hungry, then eat, but do not fill yourselves. If you fill yourselves, your necks will thicken, your sides will fatten, and your Lord will be forgotten."

عنه، عن على بن حديد رفعه قال: قام عيسى بن مريم (ع) خطيبا في بنى إسرائيل فقال: يا بنى إسرائيل لا تأكلوا حتى تجوعوا، وإذا جعتم فكلوا ولا - تشبعوا، فانكم إذا شبعتم غلظت رقابكم، وسمنت جنوبكم، ونسيتم ربكم (4).

(al-Mahasin)

Edited by Ali Musaaa :)