Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Rate this topic

Well yes, it happens, but he shouldn't be going to a mixed gym anyway, so it might possibly be hypocritical to criticize others where they fall short.

I just read the book The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up, by Marie Kondo. At first her idea that we shouldn't own anything that doesn't give us joy seemed like a great idea, until I realized that I don't really get much joy from things, except maybe my books. I'm not sure I could live in an utterly empty house with nothing but books. I'm sure my family would throw a fit.

A few days ago we had a terrible scare with violent earthquake jolts. We all ran outside lest things come crashing down on us. While others grabbed their phones and looked for shoes outside the room, I instinctively grabbed a couple of the books I were reading and ran outside. 

Some would call me crazy but the things (besides people) I was worried for at home were my bookshelves.

Thoughts 

Family comes back from Karbala thid morning. Going to the airport to pick 'em up. Yaayyy!!

Thoughts: Recently bought a case and a portable charger for my new phone. My previous one had some issues and kept making strange loud noises when I would answer calls so a friend of mine gave me an iPhone a family member of his no longer uses. I've never been an iPhone user so not sure what to make of it right now. Everything seems quite simple, perhaps too simple. What annoys me is i'll be at 20% power and think: fantastic, still have a bit left in the tank. Nay! You don't! All of a sudden the phone goes blank and gives me that annoying little sign saying to shove in the charger. So I do just that, and oddly enough, few moments later when it resumes it has 22% battery life!  :wacko:

Additionally, going out for lunch with few friends in a bit under an hour which will be followed by some ping-pong ( :wub: ). So looking forward to that but should do some quality study after this post before I leave. Cant stay long though. Have an online exam tonight :(

Thank you all for your thoughts and duas last time I posted. I feel I did well, aH. Much better than I expected. Especially in the oral exam, I did quite well. I was a bit annoyed with myself as the written exam was quite straight forward and not really difficult. I wish I had spent more time preparing for it as I feel I could of done exceedingly well if I had. Alas, next time iA (said everyone ever...).

This is the second last exam so almost finished. Indeed, the end is nigh ;)

Edited by Ali Musaaa :)

Continuing...

Ms. Kondo advises starting by sorting clothing. If I keep only the clothing which makes me happy, I'd have some fluffy chenille socks, a couple t-shirts, one old pair of jeans, and a few pretty scarves. I don't think these clothes are very useful if I ever want to leave my house.

Then the next category is books. Every book I own makes me happy. Just seeing them on my shelves makes me happy.

Then papers. No issue there, dump them all. Then miscellaneous stuff, which is a really big category, and finally sentimental items. I'm OK with those three categories. It's just the first two that throw me for a loop.

I'm just ranting. I guess the book must have hit a nerve.

Guest silasun

^Best thing to do is avoid places of immodesty (like mixed gyms- this is something which might not be waajib in and of itself but if you go there you at the very least put yourself on the border of halal and haraam- avoiding al-shubuhaat -doubtful matters- is the key to taqwa) so you protect yourself against sin. Also, try and support education about hijaab in the community, such as speaking to less religious family members, translating articles and most crucially being the best example you can be.

God help us all!

Then the next category is books. Every book I own makes me happy. Just seeing them on my shelves makes me happy.

One of the reasons I hate the idea of reading on my Kindle... who needs wallpaper when you have a shelf of hardbacks :wub: . My future wife will be very disappointed that she put me in charge of decorating the house, lol :P

Edited by silasun

Being alone is difficult :( 

i am not talking about being single (well that is difficult too)

i mean as the only man in the house i am supposed to manage everything. Yesterday there was majlis in my house for ladies. I had to do everything on my own. From picking and dropping the lady who recited to packing food and preparing the hall.

Alhamdulillah every thing went ok. 

Took a break between weekend chores and decided to read old posts on SC...random stuff. Just finished going through a two page thread..only when I reached the last post I realized I was the OP of that thread! Made it years ago under a user account I later abandoned. The OP felt like another person, a stranger.

Made me think how much I have changed in the last few years and brought questions to my mind that I couldn't answer... Have I changed for the better?or worse? Am I a stronger person now? Or more broken? Broken but fixed?

Okay break over :D back to dusting the furniture :p

^^^^ The Taliban is right. This is what happens when girls are taught to read.

They even become different people.

After salah and cooking, the furniture comes next, starlight.

Yeah, I know this ain't the joke thread, but I couldn't resist. It is still Hollowe'en here. (Sun ain't up yet)

I remember last time I was in Iran, I had the opportunity to visit the place of my forefathers.

Situated in the Khansar county, north west of the province of Esfahan lies the castle of my forefather who was some kind of a sultan, I still carry his name as a part of my family name, though I do not know much about him. I took a picture of his castle:

a0V6oHZ.jpg

From the looks of it, there used to be a river running by in front of it, behind me was the houses of his servants. It felt so strange to visit the place.

I do not know much of what happened but times change and now it stands empty and the servant houses in ruins. I do not know how many sons he had but the one that is my forefather turned out to become a mullah and a poet. We have one of his poems at home, it is written on skin, he used to write poems about Ahlul Bayt(a.s.), then one of his sons which is my forefather turned out to become military.

It is sad, I wish I knew more but the people who did are all dead now and the newer generations don't care about an old castle and their ancestry. It was very strange to visit the place, I also went to the city of Khansar. It was a holiday and the streets where literally empty and the shops closed, but it was nice to just walk along the streets and the weather there was so nice and soothing, the air was fresh and tall trees covered the streets in shadow. After that I went up to the base of the Zagros mountain and that's where I found all the people, everybody had went up their with their families to a natural spring place and were having pick nicks, it was a nice sight.

I wish I had taken more pictures but I was busy just looking around and walking and thinking. It was strange, everything felt so right.

Though I admit one cannot find himself in the past, but it the future, it is still nice to know your ancestry and what runs in your blood.

Thoughts: Recently bought a case and a portable charger for my new phone. My previous one had some issues and kept making strange loud noises when I would answer calls so a friend of mine gave me an iPhone a family member of his no longer uses. I've never been an iPhone user so not sure what to make of it right now. Everything seems quite simple, perhaps too simple. What annoys me is i'll be at 20% power and think: fantastic, still have a bit left in the tank. Nay! You don't! All of a sudden the phone goes blank and gives me that annoying little sign saying to shove in the charger. So I do just that, and oddly enough, few moments later when it resumes it has 22% battery life!  :wacko:

Additionally, going out for lunch with few friends in a bit under an hour which will be followed by some ping-pong ( :wub: ). So looking forward to that but should do some quality study after this post before I leave. Cant stay long though. Have an online exam tonight :(

Thank you all for your thoughts and duas last time I posted. I feel I did well, aH. Much better than I expected. Especially in the oral exam, I did quite well. I was a bit annoyed with myself as the written exam was quite straight forward and not really difficult. I wish I had spent more time preparing for it as I feel I could of done exceedingly well if I had. Alas, next time iA (said everyone ever...).

This is the second last exam so almost finished. Indeed, the end is nigh ;)

replace the battery. iPhone can survive on 1%. 

replace the battery. iPhone can survive on 1%.

Iphone's batteries aren't user replaceable, at least it's isn't simple like Android where one just slides off the rear cover and replaces the battery.