Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, E.L King said:

Has anyone ever had locust?

 

13 hours ago, E.L King said:

Has anyone ever had locust?

Yes, several times. Usually they are cooked in soy sauce, to which you can herbs and stuff.

Let them cool before eating, but do not refrigerate unless you separate them first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

 

Yes, several times. Usually they are cooked in soy sauce, to which you can herbs and stuff.

Let them cool before eating, but do not refrigerate unless you separate them first.

I heard they taste like shrimp. Is that true?

And what parts are suitable to be eaten? The entire body?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am surprised as to what lengths a man can go for the sake of unity and peace, such lengths that he would abstain from speaking truth just to avoid stepping on the toes of those speaking falsehood. 

What do you think @uponthesunnah?

You would wish peace upon the Imams(as) and the holy Prophet(S) but not send laana to the son of the liver eater muawiya(la) or to his worm of a son yazid(la)? You do not think they deserve laana then but you think the Imams(as) and the holy Prophet(S) deserves peace?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

I am surprised as to what lengths a man can go for the sake of unity and peace, such lengths that he would abstain from speaking truth just to avoid stepping on the toes of those speaking falsehood. 

What do you think @uponthesunnah?

You would wish peace upon the Imams(as) and the holy Prophet(S) but not send laana to the son of the liver eater muawiya(la) or to his worm of a son yazid(la)? You do not think they deserve laana then but you think the Imams(as) and the holy Prophet(S) deserves peace?

 

I have created many threads refuting Muawiyah and his tyrant son, Yazid (la). I have perhaps, engaged far more people in debating the caliphs, certain wives, Muawiyah and Yazid more so than the majority of people that post here. 

But calling sunni's who add 'ra' to muawiyah's name as 'nasibis' is dangerous. The vast majority of sunni's acknowledge muawiyahs mistake, and though we deem them to be extremely in the wrong by adding 'ra', that is the way they do it with the 'companions'. That is the nature of historical disagreements. As much as we would want them to recognise the caliphs for the reality of what they were, that can't happen. It does not make them inherently evil automatically, only mistaken.

My issue is - why don't we just stick to the issues?

Instead of labelling sunni users who disagree with us as nasibi's, wahhabi's, lets just keep things academic and civil and debate the issues, and leave the personal attacks aside? Otherwise, the debate just gets way too emotional, no-one recognises the other. The point i was making was not that of shia-sunni unity, but on just a better way for dialogue and debate.

I want people who disagree with us to come on shiachat and be treated kindly, and with respect. I want them to leave having received a compelling, thorough and cogent understanding of the other side, and leave in peace - even if they disagree as much or even more. This is because we are representing the Ahlulbayt asws, and i fear even a single loose word thrown around that could do them a disservice and create for them , needless enemies.

Edited by uponthesunnah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, uponthesunnah said:

I have created many threads refuting Muawiyah and his tyrant son, Yazid (la).

But calling sunni's who add 'ra' to muawiyah's name as 'nasibis' is dangerous. The vast majority of sunni's acknowledge muawiyahs mistake, and though we deem them to be extremely in the wrong by adding 'ra', that is the way they do it with the 'companions'.

My issue is - why don't we just stick to the issues?

Instead of labelling sunni users who disagree with us as nasibi's, wahhabi's, lets just keep things academic and civil and debate the issues, and leave the personal attacks aside? Otherwise, the debate just gets way too emotional, no-one recognises the other. The point i was making was not that of shia-sunni unity, but on just a better way for dialogue and debate.

 

You did not put laana after the name of muawiya(la), why?

Your problem is that you do not recognize who is here to debate and who is here to preach.

Not all people who wishes peace upon muawiya(la) are nasibis, but if you have been informed about the history and his character but still insist that he is pious then not only are you a fool but you are also one who holds hatred since you would see someone hateful like muawiya(la) as a pious person.

Understand that not everyone who opens a discussion are out to discuss, understand that not everyone who hears you will want to listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

You did not put laana after the name of muawiya(la), why?

Your problem is that you do not recognize who is here to debate and who is here to preach.

Not all people who wishes peace upon muawiya(la) are nasibis, but if you have been informed about the history and his character but still insist that he is pious then not only are you a fool but you are also one who holds hatred since you would see someone hateful like muawiya(la) as a pious person.

Understand that not everyone who opens a discussion are out to discuss, understand that not everyone who hears you will want to listen.

I don't and won't because the majority of sunni's revere him. I'll show you his crimes, but i am not going to give fodder for others to attack shia islam by. Instead of focusing on his crimes, they will emotionally rouse others and focus on me sending lanah. That would be tactically foolish. I will follow the guidance of the Imams a.s, and place the safety of their madhab first and foremost.

Yazid however, is fair game.

The issue is, even if someone has informed a sunni brother about the truth. They may not have been informed when their mind was ready to accept. It may not have been explained properly. There may be other factors obstructing them to accept reality. In any case, they are mistaken and ignorant to the truth, and if it is a conclusion more sinister, let Allah be the judge - at least when we are all online.

Abu Rumaysh loves the Ahlulbayt, and also their enemies. He does not love their enemies because he believes their enemies were the enemies we deem them to be. But because his history is not the same as ours, and even if we have the same histories in cases, his interpretation is not the same as ours.

Let's engage in an academic dialogue , and agree to disagree?

Edited by uponthesunnah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, uponthesunnah said:

I don't and won't because the majority of sunni's revere him. I'll show you his crimes, but i am not going to give fodder for others to attack shia islam by. Instead of focusing on his crimes, they will emotionally rouse others and focus on me sending lanah. That would be tactically foolish. I will follow the guidance of the Imams a.s, and place the safety of their madhab first and foremost.

I think that not only do you not send him laana in public but I think that you do not do it in private either.

I am not afraid to speak truth, I will speak it and I will be very frank and direct. If they hate me for it, they have hated me for speaking truth. If they kill me for it, they have killed me for speaking truth.

 

13 minutes ago, uponthesunnah said:

Yazid however, is fair game.

By your logic, yazid(la) should not be sent laana either because many sunnis in their ignorance send him blessings. Now your telling me two things or you have not thought this thru. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

I think that not only do you not send him laana in public but I think that you do not do it in private either.

I am not afraid to speak truth, I will speak it and I will be very frank and direct. If they hate me for it, they have hated me for speaking truth. If they kill me for it, they have killed me for speaking truth.

By your logic, yazid(la) should not be sent laana either because many sunnis in their ignorance send him blessings. Now your telling me two things or you have not thought this thru. 

It is better not to make assumptions brother. If you got my hint, and have read what i have written on Muawiyah, you would know one would not have to be explicit.

Either way, my issue was not in performing Lanah on muawiyah. I have no right to stop anyone from doing it on here. I just think it's unhelpful to debate someone about a revered symbol of theirs, and then curse the symbol at the same time. Yazid is different because there is far less ikhtilaaf on him. Muawiyah is a little trickier.

It was on calling sunni's who are not converted based on a debate on shiachat as nasibi's. 

We can't expect people to convert over a debate on SC brother, and label them when they don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

I think that not only do you not send him laana in public but I think that you do not do it in private either.

I am not afraid to speak truth, I will speak it and I will be very frank and direct. If they hate me for it, they have hated me for speaking truth. If they kill me for it, they have killed me for speaking truth.

 

By your logic, yazid(la) should not be sent laana either because many sunnis in their ignorance send him blessings. Now your telling me two things or you have not thought this thru. 

Brother, i don't want us to have grudges between us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, uponthesunnah said:

We can't expect people to convert over a debate on SC brother

Then what exactly is holding you back from sending laana again?? 

 

And no, I am not holding a grudge against you but I have been observing you for some time and you are walking on the sharp side of a blade, tilt a little bit to each side and you will lose your balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Then what exactly is holding you back from sending laana again?? 

 

And no, I am not holding a grudge against you but I have been observing you for some time and you are walking on the sharp side of a blade, tilt a little bit to each side and you will lose your balance.

I would rather the debate centred on Muawiyahs crimes, than get derailed and turn violent because i performed lanah on the person i was debating's revered figure.  You can openly perform Lanah, i won't stop you, but i know full well the consequences on our madhab by doing so.

My issue was not you sending lanah upon muawiyah - but it was on calling a sunni user a nasibi because he failed to convert on his position over a shia-chat debate. 

Edited by uponthesunnah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, E.L King said:

I heard they taste like shrimp. Is that true?

And what parts are suitable to be eaten? The entire body?

You eat the whole thing. These things are farm raised.

They do not taste like shrimp. The ones l had you could only taste the sweetened soy sauce and herbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry everyone. This Thoughts topic has reached its limit. The topic has been glitching and reposting the last post over and over again. The topic is closed. RIP. Please post in the other Thoughts topic here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...