Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Iraqiah_Shia

Najaf | Dhul Fiqar City | U/c

Rate this topic

Project just started...

Source, Video report from al-Fayhaa TV:

Some information:

It is one of the approved 65 investments licenses in the holy city of Najaf

The project includes:

- 12 towers [same as the number of imams]

- one of the towers is 63 story [the age of imam ali]

- chalets

- malls [ one of the malls is 5 story]

- artificial lake designed to look like the famous Dhul Fiqar Sword, length is 1000 meters

- Time to finish: 4 years

- cost: 689 million dollars

Salam,

Do you know where the money for this comes from? Is it a loan? if yes from whom?

Intreasting, two iraqi comapanies and a lebanese.

What news is there about the other project 'noor al hussain' i think he said?

BTW i like your spirite (optimisim)

Edited by sarmad17

Salam,

Do you know where the money for this comes from? Is it a loan? if yes from whom?

Intreasting, two iraqi comapanies and a lebanese.

What news is there about the other project 'noor al hussain' i think he said?

BTW i like your spirite (optimisim)

Wa3alaikom el salaam.

To be honest, I have no info about both the questions you asked. Neither can I find info on the internet about it. I found this news on Aliraqi.org and posted it here. Ill post any info i find.

Well, optimism is very important and there are many reason to be optimistic about Iraq. ^_^ Although many members disagree lol.

Project just started...

The project includes:

- 12 towers [same as the number of imams]

- one of the towers is 63 story [the age of imam ali]

- chalets

- malls [ one of the malls is 5 story]

- artificial lake designed to look like the famous Dhul Fiqar Sword, length is 1000 meters

- Time to finish: 4 years

- cost: 689 million dollars

I wonder how many orphanages they could build for that sum... or how many homeless they could shelter, how many hospitals they could build? :unsure:

Mashallah, the poster/billboard/thiny looked great but what exactly is the use of all this? What is the purpose of the 12 towers?

I wonder how many orphanages they could build for that sum... or how many homeless they could shelter, how many hospitals they could build? :unsure:

Mashallah, the poster/billboard/thiny looked great but what exactly is the use of all this? What is the purpose of the 12 towers?

A country needs everything and dont worry they are building many hospitals and orphanages.

The purpose of the 12 towers, the malls and everything is boosting tourism. We have MILLIONS of religious tourists visiting Iraq every year, especially Najaf and Karbala. The two cities need extra attentions. We need all this for the tourists. This is a great boost for our economy and creates many jobs.

Sorry to sound so negative, but this strikes me as really tacky. A lake in the shape of Dhul fiqar? Come on, it cheapens the Imam, makes this into some kind of Dubai-esque wonderland. And we really don't want to become like Dubai, with silly, extravagant building projects and mall-culture.

Gotta agree on this one. Though its looks nice but its wannabe Dubai.

A country needs everything and dont worry they are building many hospitals and orphanages.

Indeed, but Iraq is a special case because it needs the latter more than malls...and artificial lakes. Especially the holy cities, imagine the way this sum(of money) could show how one muslim cares for the other. (in the name of ahlulbayt(as)).

However, what's done is done.

The purpose of the 12 towers, the malls and everything is boosting tourism. We have MILLIONS of religious tourists visiting Iraq every year, especially Najaf and Karbala. The two cities need extra attentions. We need all this for the tourists. This is a great boost for our economy and creates many jobs.

Um, the reason Iraq has tourists is the holy cities. The shi3a tourists are only there because of Najaf and karbala...The shrine of Imam Hussain(as) is the goldmine that will never end. Meaning, tourism will never leave Iraq. Knowing this, maybe it should be an idea to settle with the tourism (9,000,000 a year to karbala & will only increase) that the holy cities have and invest the money in saving the innocent lives that are taking the hearts of humanity with them...

I saw someone commented on your optimism and I suppose I understand it. Every nation should build themselves up (I just wished the holy cities would advise the money spent on better projects than artificial lakes). So may Allah(swt) grant them help in what they are trying to do (and hopefully it will result in jobs & not increase differences between rich and poor)

@ Dirac Delta Function: agreed.

Um, the reason Iraq has tourists is the holy cities. The shi3a tourists are only there because of Najaf and karbala...The shrine of Imam Hussain(as) is the goldmine that will never end. Meaning, tourism will never leave Iraq. Knowing this, maybe it should be an idea to settle with the tourism (9,000,000 a year to karbala & will only increase) that the holy cities have and invest the money in saving the innocent lives that are taking the hearts of humanity with them...

This actually proves my point on how we need this kind of projects. I remember while visiting Iraq for the first time we had a major problem in Karbala during Ashura, simply because we had NO place for the tourists. We had no hotels where they could stay or malls where they could buy what they need. After this they started building hotels and I think project like this one (without paying attention to the Zulfiqar design etc) is very important.

About the bold part; as far as I know thats the job of ministry of defence and ministry of interior and not the job of other ministries. Each ministry has her job and has money to do what they have to do to serve the people of Iraq. So lets hope they work for the right thing!

BTW: If you'd follow the news about Iraq, you'd know the gov. is busy with many ''better projects'' not just with nice lakes ;)

Edited by Iraqiah_Shia

This actually proves my point on how we need this kind of projects. I remember while visiting Iraq for the first time we had a major problem in Karbala during Ashura, simply because we had NO place for the tourists. We had no hotels where they could stay or malls where they could buy what they need. After this they started building hotels and I think project like this one (without paying attention to the Zulfiqar design etc) is very important.

About the bold part; as far as I know thats the job of ministry of defence and ministry of interior and not the job of other ministries. Each ministry has her job and has money to do what they have to do to serve the people of Iraq. So lets hope they work for the right thing!

Simplicity was my point. They could build 8 hotels and 12 malls with half that money and GUESS WHAT??!?!?! :!!!:

they could even fit in an orphanage/hospital/help centre for the raped iraqi women..but once the oil is spilled...there's no point crying over it.

Looking forward to the sheikh-over

BTW: If you'd follow the news about Iraq, you'd know the gov. is busy with many ''better projects'' not just with nice lakes ;)

I try to. Of course, being a non-iraqi, I don't go onto alIraqi.org etc etc but I follow whatever I can get on bbc (considered a reliable source by some) etc

Here's what *I* read today :angel:

7 killed

Some say 7, some say 12..

It's a shame 12 lost lives in one day has become a 'ordinary/not-so-special/not-worth-mentioning' thing.

Allahu Akbar

Simplicity was my point. They could build 8 hotels and 12 malls with half that money and GUESS WHAT??!?!?! w00t.gif

they could even fit in an orphanage/hospital/help centre for the raped iraqi women..but once the oil is spilled...there's no point crying over it.

Looking forward to the sheikh-over

So your whole point is about the amount of money to have money for other projects? Well I disagree, Its a big project and if we are building, we should do it the best way! And dont worry, many hospitals and other ''better projects'' are on track. Maybe you should take a look in te Hopeful news thread, you'd see some ''better'' projects ;)

And what in the name of God is sheikh- over?

I try to. Of course, being a non-iraqi, I don't go onto alIraqi.org etc etc but I follow whatever I can get on bbc (considered a reliable source by some) etc

Well then maybe you should go onto Aliraqi.org and lol you dont have to be an Iraqi to visit an Iraqi website, just like we have Sunnis and even non muslims visiting Shiachat. The news on Aliraqi.org is more precise and up to date about Iraq and the opinions you read there are opinions of Iraqi people who either live in Iraq or have family in Iraq, unlike bbc. Sooo uhm, more reliable. So uhm, youre welcome over there w00t.gif

This a good thread to start with, you's see other projects. Yes devout, including hospitals, schools and orphanages.;)

http://aliraqi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84063&page=58

7 killed

Some say 7, some say 12..

It's a shame 12 lost lives in one day has become a 'ordinary/not-so-special/not-worth-mentioning' thing.

Allahu Akbar

Allah yerhamhum, May the terrorists burn in hell.

But Alhamdulilah security improved phenomenly. You can see the difference between 2003 and 2010 , there is a huge improvement. Iraq has a big way ahead, but we are definatelly going straight path for a prosperous nation , and not backwards.

Lets say there was daily 5-10 bombings in 2006 , now its 2-4 times a month. Id say thats an improvement, sure it isnt perfect but it has improved allot.

Allahu Akbar! lol

Edited by Iraqiah_Shia

It sounds like a good project to me. And it seems it is being built to attract tourists and is for business. No body is going to invest in orphanage or hospitals, the investors are looking to gain money in return. It is a good idea to attach the project with religion and attract people that way instead of building 'belly-dancing centers' and camel racing grounds like other Arab countries are doing in attracting tourists.

So your whole point is about the amount of money to have money for other projects? Well I disagree, Its a big project and if we are building, we should do it the best way! And dont worry, many hospitals and other ''better projects'' are on track. Maybe you should take a look in te Hopeful news thread, you'd see some ''better'' projects ;)

And what in the name of God is sheikh- over?

I whole point is that Iraq does not need artificial lakes to attract tourists. They have Karbala & najaf & sistani lol, it'll do. What Iraq does need, however, is orphanages, hospitals, care for the deformed children that are being born (check fallujah link in my sig). If there are shias out there with enough money to build artificial lakes, maybe they should cut down on that & build the stuff that is needed. (but since the projects are for gain(investments) & Allah(swt) only knows how that money will be spent, then I think having dhulfiqar (the sword spreading justice) to uphold injustice is a sucky idea)

I know you are telling me they are building heaps of hospitals etc but OBVIOUSLY it is not enough.

A sheikh-over is the arab 'make-over'. Lets build artificial lakes & gold sinks!! HOORAY for oil. :squeez: Just hope Iraq & najaf don't become another dubai..when there's people dying across the street.

If you don't help them, you killed them

:yaali:

Just have this image of Najaf-land, with great big inflatable bifurcated swords..oh God, I think I'm gonna puke :sick:

I know where you are coming from, but is it a very bad thing, especially if some thought is given to how it is done? Something which really struck me when I visited a Buddhist shrine/visitor attraction a couple of months ago, was the need to have something similar in Shia ziarat destinations.

Here's a link:

http://www.np360.com.hk/html/eng/np360_exp/village_index.html

There are degrees to which you want to go commercial. I think this struck just about the right balance. But the main thing is this - there are 'attractions', which are designed to tell you about the life of Lord Buddha and his teachings, in an engaging and interesting way. It certainly kept both the 2 year old and 5 year old engaged, while I came away with some useful insights.

Think about our ziarat destinations at the moment and how poorly they communicate anything about the lives, values and beliefs of the people we are visiting.

I whole point is that Iraq does not need artificial lakes to attract tourists. They have Karbala & najaf & sistani lol, it'll do. What Iraq does need, however, is orphanages, hospitals, care for the deformed children that are being born (check fallujah link in my sig). If there are shias out there with enough money to build artificial lakes, maybe they should cut down on that & build the stuff that is needed. (but since the projects are for gain(investments) & Allah(swt) only knows how that money will be spent, then I think having dhulfiqar (the sword spreading justice) to uphold injustice is a sucky idea)

Yeah sure we have Najaf and Karbala but our cities need to be REBUILD. Every Iraqi city needs to be rebuild. Saddam ruined it all, actually it never was looking good. But now security is improving we need to build our country. Our cities need to look good and right now they are doing a great job with all the rebuilding. Not just for the tourists but also for local Iraqis. We want our country to look good. Period.

Again Devout, about the bold part, every ministry has her own role. I cant believe im stating this for the third time and that I have to spoon food you this. So YAAAY lets keep building even more hospitals and orphanages and forget about the rest w00t.gif LOL. I think a country needs everything not just those. Ofcourse they are VERY important but its not just that, we need to think out of the box. We need everything in Iraq, yes even artificial lakes. Plus they look nice lol.

And how in the name of God is all of this ''upholding injustice''? Elaborate please, tell us more about the ''sucky idea''. Its not like they are spending this money on building clubs in Najaf, la samah Allah.

I know you are telling me they are building heaps of hospitals etc but OBVIOUSLY it is not enough.

On what are you basing this? Why is it ''obviously'' not enough? Do you have any numbers about what you stated above?

Just hope Iraq & najaf don't become another dubai..when there's people dying across the street.

I hope so too, plus we can do much better than Dubai. Plus I dont want 80% the residents of Iraq to be non Iraqi. So InshAllah.

Aaaaaand dont worry about the people dying across the streets, security in Iraq & Najaf is better than ever before, lets pray we keep moving forward so we dont have to see innocent people dying.

Edited by Iraqiah_Shia

Yeah sure we have Najaf and Karbala but our cities need to be REBUILD. Every Iraqi city needs to be rebuild. Saddam ruined it all, actually it never was looking good. But now security is improving we need to build our country. Our cities need to look good and right now they are doing a great job with all the rebuilding. Not just for the tourists but also for local Iraqis. We want our country to look good. Period.

Again Devout, about the bold part, every ministry has her own role. I cant believe im stating this for the third time and that I have to spoon food you this. So YAAAY lets keep building even more hospitals and orphanages and forget about the rest w00t.gif LOL. I think a country needs everything not just those. Ofcourse they are VERY important but its not just that, we need to think out of the box. We need everything in Iraq, yes even artificial lakes. Plus they look nice lol.

Lady, You don't need to 'spoon food' me anything. Considering LIFE, you know life? The 'thing' you have when you inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide? Yessss, thats right. That is called LIFE. And as long as you have your life, whatever else comes is extra..is not needed. As long as you can inhale & exhale, you don't need more than 1 pair of pants, you don't need more than 1 shirt, you don't need more than 1 glass of water a day, and you sure as hell don't need artificial lakes to look at.

I'm sorry that this artificial lake plan is feeding your materialistic desires but I care about those who don't have that life..or who are dying because of lack of 1 glass of water, or lack of oral hydration salts, or lack of general care.

So yes, build hospitals until there is one at every corner, atleast people wouldn't suffer unnecessarily. That should be a goal. Period.

However, My point is not that they shouldn't rebuild the country. I just think they should rebuild that which needs rebuilding first. They should care for IRAQIS instead of TOURISTS first, ey? Maybe that way 80% of Iraq won't be inhabited by non-iraqis, eyy? Sounds like a siiik awesome idea,huh?? HIGH FIVE ME, i know you want to.

After THAT, you can have IRAQ covered in gold, decorated by diamonds & every house can have its own artificial lake in the shape of dhulfiqar.

And how in the name of God is all of this ''upholding injustice''? Elaborate please, tell us more about the ''sucky idea''. Its not like they are spending this money on building clubs in Najaf, la samah Allah.

Oh, that passed you by. MY BAD :unsure:

The artificial lake is upholding injustice like this: You see, when two men are living in the same street, they will keep bumping into eachother. One of these men has enough money to start a company (or build an artificial lake), the other one can barely make ends meet. A third man comes along and says: HEYY GUYS, guess what? I'm selling my piece of land over there. Interested?" and both these express interest. Poor man runs off to the bank to get a loan, rich man opens wallet.

Poor man is rejected loan

Rich man buys the land

Poor man wanted to plow & plant vegetables & sell them at the market etc

Rich man builds artificial lake for the sake of investments

Poor man ends up losing two of his children because of lack of food

Rich man sends his son to England on a vacation

Upholding injustice? Makes sense? WOW, you're on fire today, my love. :!!!: Upholding injustice in the sense that it will only increase differences between poor & rich. Sure Iraq should build up, but because the country STILL has soldiers & shizz in it, and there is no peace & quiet like in dubai, they shouldn't try to be dubai and instead keep everything modest and simple.

Build 5 hotels for the karbala visitors, and 1 hospital for the karbala bomb victims and spend a few hundred thousands on security so that there may be no bomb.

But hey, Iraq should look nice, no? So I sincerely wish this project pulls through. I mean, corpses & children suffering of malnutrition ain't going to make the country look ugly. On the contrary, maybe it will make it look versatile :)

Tourist guide: here we have the pond shaped as dhulfiqar, the 65 storey tower and golden sandals for you all. Enjoy

5 mins later

Tourist guide: And here is a iraqi child. He hasn't eaten for 2 days but don't let that worry you. He won't be in this state for long, we just need to finish building the spaceshuttle which will place Imam hussain(as)'s banner on the moon. Not long to go now.. about 20/30 years. He (the boy) will pull through

On what are you basing this? Why is it ''obviously'' not enough? Do you have any numbers about what you stated above?

Oh sorry, I don't have any numbers. I will try to send a pressteam to ask the orphans of Iraq how they feel about the pond shaped as dhulfiqar, maybe along the way I can also ask when was the last time they had a medical check up or ate a meal? Hows that sound?

I hope so too, plus we can do much better than Dubai. Plus I dont want 80% the residents of Iraq to be non Iraqi. So InshAllah.

Aaaaaand dont worry about the people dying across the streets, security in Iraq & Najaf is better than ever before, lets pray we keep moving forward so we dont have to see innocent people dying.

Yehh, why not???!!

Let's pray people don't die (and do nothing but praying though we have the opportunities)

and we can build pointless buildings and artificial lakes while taking a break from praying for the innocent lives....weeeeeeeee happy happy happy daysss

voila.

You solved my problems, subhanAllah. Why didn't you make these points earlier. Would have saved both of us 2 posts each and it is recession time. Save it all up (unless you building artificial lakes of course)

So yes, build hospitals until there is one at every corner, atleast people wouldn't suffer unnecessarily. That should be a goal. Period.

I dont see the connection between the two. How is building more hospitals make people suffer less?

The problem in Iraq is not that we dont have enough hospitals or that our doctors are not good enough. The problem is we have neighbouring countries sending and funding terrorists to kill our people. So building hospitals is not gonna make people not suffer. Bear in mind that I dont mean that we should not build hospitals and make them even better but there is no connection between the two things you mentioned. Period.

However, My point is not that they shouldn't rebuild the country. I just think they should rebuild that which needs rebuilding first. They should care for IRAQIS instead of TOURISTS first, ey? Maybe that way 80% of Iraq won't be inhabited by non-iraqis, eyy? Sounds like a siiik awesome idea,huh?? HIGH FIVE ME, i know you want to.

Dear Devout, right now, in Iraq we have projects running for seriously EVERYTHING. Hotels, hospitals, malls etc etc etc. So building the two at the SAME TIME is possible too and thats exactly whats happening in Iraq. Plus this is in favour of Iraqis too, dont forget that this kind of projects create jobs for them.

HIGH FIVE!! ;)

The artificial lake is upholding injustice like this: You see, when two men are living in the same street, they will keep bumping into eachother. One of these men has enough money to start a company (or build an artificial lake), the other one can barely make ends meet. A third man comes along and says: HEYY GUYS, guess what? I'm selling my piece of land over there. Interested?" and both these express interest. Poor man runs off to the bank to get a loan, rich man opens wallet.

Poor man is rejected loan

Rich man buys the land

Poor man wanted to plow & plant vegetables & sell them at the market etc

Rich man builds artificial lake for the sake of investments

Poor man ends up losing two of his children because of lack of food

Rich man sends his son to England on a vacation

Upholding injustice? Makes sense? WOW, you're on fire today, my love. w00t.gif Upholding injustice in the sense that it will only increase differences between poor & rich. Sure Iraq should build up, but because the country STILL has soldiers & shizz in it, and there is no peace & quiet like in dubai, they shouldn't try to be dubai and instead keep everything modest and simple.

ON WHAT are you basing your claims that this kind of projects will increase differences between rich and poor?

Build 5 hotels for the karbala visitors, and 1 hospital for the karbala bomb victims and spend a few hundred thousands on security so that there may be no bomb.

Both of the two bold parts here above have two DIFFERENT ministries. So every ministry has her job and MONEY to serve the people. Ministry of defence and interior improve security and dont BUILD. Both of them have their own ´´mizaniya´´ so dont mix the jobs of the ministries.

Oh sorry, I don't have any numbers.

Well if you dont have numbers to back up your claims, dont make baseless assumptions. The first one is about the amount of hospitals we already have and are building and how they are ´´obviously not enough´´ and now how this kind of project ´´only increase the differences between rich and poor´´.

HIGH FIVE! ;) lol

Ma3a al Salama!

Edited by Iraqiah_Shia