Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guriya N

Drying One's Hair

Rate this topic

(salam)

Whenever I take a shower, i never use a hair dryer to dry my hair, i always just let it dry naturally. Or sometimes I will shower at night and just go to sleep with wet hair and then when I wake up in the morning, my hair is dry. but i do this so often I was wondering if this is bad or is it alright for me to do. :unsure:

Guest Nargela

(salam)

Whenever I take a shower, i never use a hair dryer to dry my hair, i always just let it dry naturally. Or sometimes I will shower at night and just go to sleep with wet hair and then when I wake up in the morning, my hair is dry. but i do this so often I was wondering if this is bad or is it alright for me to do. :unsure:

Salam sister,

this is not haram at all , drying hair but i dont think you should go to sleep with wet hair :P. and you could just ask sistani.org a question and he will answer it.

(salam)

how are you sister?

I don't see any harm in that since it is only water on your hair and nothing else

alhumdolillah i am fine brother, how are you?

sorry for the late reply lol

yes i was thinking the same but just thought i would ask and see :P

alhumdolillah i am fine brother, how are you?

sorry for the late reply lol

yes i was thinking the same but just thought i would ask and see :P

(bismillah)

(salam)

I'm fine sister, everything is excellent so far.

About you leaving your hair wet and sleeping i think there would be a problem.

Having a very wet pillow could mean one of many things

-You produce soo much saliva

-sweating alot,

- you have been running like crazy in your dreams.

Edited by youssefnayef

lool.. I wonder who brought this idea into ur head.. y would it be bad.. it's actually better that u don't.. u know hair dryer ruins ur hair with all it's hot air

(salam)

WA wr wb.

just make sure the bathroom floor isn't all slippery! lol because then it would be bad for someone's health and fitness!

Edited by gogiison2

(salam) Whenever I take a shower, i never use a hair dryer to dry my hair, i always just let it dry naturally. Or sometimes I will shower at night and just go to sleep with wet hair and then when I wake up in the morning, my hair is dry. but i do this so often I was wondering if this is bad or is it alright for me to do. :unsure:

you might catch cold or get a headache

you might catch cold or get a headache

yes this is what i am afraid of, i wonder if i cut down the amount of days i wash my hair, maybe then i can just let it airdry..??

Don't worry. If done carefully, it's better not to use hair dryer. The excessive use of hair dryer may lead to parched and damaged hair.

I don't use hair dryer either (save that for when I'm on a hurry). For the first 3 hours after hair wash I cover my hair with a light towel so I won't catch cold.

Good luck

your problem of dry hair,you use a product that contain a oil and moisture this a best for a dry hair and you do massage with oil and take a healthy food that contain a more vitamin this a best for a hair,do deep conditioning,dry hair you make this and apply in hair mix one-half cup of vinegar plus one cup of water,sing overly hot dryers and heat-styling implements,use a product that contain a oil and moisture this a best for a dry hair,Oils of different kinds are the best dry damaged hair,egg is a natural conditioner and cleanser and is excellent for dry and damaged hair treatment.

healthy hair

Leaving your hair to dry naturally is better than using too much heat on your hair, it isn't good for it. And since you've always been doing it, there's less chance of getting a cold because you might have become immune to it lol.

(salam)

I actually don't dry my hair with a hair dryer unless I have to.

I dry my hair with a towel and just cover it with a towel and go to sleep. I seem to sleep sooo much more comfortabley with wet hair, mabey because it helps me cool down and switch off.

I don't think it's bad at all unless it is bad and i just haven't heard anything about it being bad :)

It must be dry for Wuddu (for whiping the head with a wet hand). Other than that, I don't see a problem with it (it may make the Hijab wet though)

It is best to let your hair dry naturally, no hairdryers please! Just take a towel, cover your hair with it and just squeeze the water out very smoothly without pressing or rubbing too hard!

And another very important thing to remember is not to use comb or brush while your hair's wet! why, because it is at it's most delicate and weakest state when wet! So wait until they dry out completely before brushing your hair!

"And another very important thing to remember is not to use comb or brush while your hair's wet! why, because it is at it's most delicate and weakest state when wet! So wait until they dry out completely before brushing your hair!"

oh.. a good advice you have there, friend :) thanks :)

by the way , this is an interesting topic :)

Edited by siti

gosh..........i am owndering how this question entered your head............

its perfectly ok to let the hair dry naturally........ infact persisient use of hair dryer damages the hair.....

i have used the hair dyryer maybe about 5/6 times in my life and i get comments from sis about my beautiful hair whenever they see me without hijab......... so stay cool

(bismillah)

(salam)

I haven't come across any Shee'ah hadeeth on this, but if someone does have some, please post. According to the Prophet's (SAWAS) actions, in Sunnee sources, he (SAWAS) didn't use a towel after taking a bath. He refused using a "mindeel" (handkerchief), when given to him by his wife Maymoonah:

ثُمَّ أُتِيَ بِمِنْدِيلٍ، فَلَمْ يَنْفُضْ بِهَا‏.‏

Translation: "Then, a handkerchief was given to him, but he didn't shake off with it (handkerchief)."

فَنَاوَلْتُهُ خِرْقَةً، فَقَالَ بِيَدِهِ هَكَذَا، وَلَمْ يُرِدْهَا‏

Translation: "Then handed him a cloth. Then he (refused) with his hand. And did not take it."

• Source:
  • SaHeeH Bukhaaree, book. 1, bathing/ghusl, vol. 5, h. 259
  • SaHeeH Bukhaaree, book. 1, bathing/ghusl, vol. 5, h. 266

Also, they have a hadeeth that speaks about him (SAWAS) wiping down with the hand, instead of a towel:

فَجَعَلَ يَنْفُضُ بِيَدِهِ

Translation: "Then he shake off (dry) with his hand."

• Source:
  • SaHeeH Bukhaaree, book. 1, bathing/ghusl, vol. 5, h. 273

(salam)

Edited by Abu Abdullaah

theres nothing harm in it.... but if i wud do tht my mom wud say tht u wud catch cold.. so i have to avoid it :squeez:

also my hair wud catch knots so i dry it and remove the knots immediately after washing them.