Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Mutah (again!)

Rate this topic

ak17

• Basic Members

okay there has been numerous threads on mutah and this gives many people the opportunity to:

1) give advice (shia shaid for example seems to no what hes's talking about)

2) to get all nasty and say call mutah haram etc

now i dont want to get in to an argument with anyone ive tried to go through all of the mutah related threads here but i need a couple of questions answered

1) so u cud do mutah with al-kitab, but what if that girl drinks, how can that be permissable?

2) i read on one thread, dont remember who, who said u cud sleep with someone with out telling the girl that ur doing mutah, is this right?

like i said if anyone can answer cool, thank you

for all of the haters please dont bother, im tryin to be mature about this and often find that people get really hyper about this subject and start slaggin people off

thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

okay there has been numerous threads on mutah and this gives many people the opportunity to:

1) give advice (shia shaid for example seems to no what hes's talking about)

2) to get all nasty and say call mutah haram etc

now i dont want to get in to an argument with anyone ive tried to go through all of the mutah related threads here but i need a couple of questions answered

1) so u cud do mutah with al-kitab, but what if that girl drinks, how can that be permissable?

2) i read on one thread, dont remember who, who said u cud sleep with someone with out telling the girl that ur doing mutah, is this right?

like i said if anyone can answer cool, thank you

for all of the haters please dont bother, im tryin to be mature about this and often find that people get really hyper about this subject and start slaggin people off

thank you

(salam)

Dear AK,

1) Mutah with Ahl-e-kitab is fine and is permissible. If she drinks that his personal problem, but at the time of mutah she should not be drunk because then she is not in her senses and therefore that contract won't hold ground. If she drinks after the contract or some other day then that does not affect her status as ahl-e-kitab. The mutah is fine.

2) No, it is strictly impermissible to sleep with someone in Mutah and not explain to that someone the reality of Mutah. The partner has to know exactly what you are doing with them. Tell them the complete rules that they also have to follow for example the Idda time period and then the money or gift that you have to pay as wages and the temporary nature of this arrangement. All details.

If then the partner agrees, then you can do as agreed upon by both parties.

(wasalam)

• 1 month later...
  • Basic Members

(salam)

Dear AK,

1) Mutah with Ahl-e-kitab is fine and is permissible. If she drinks that his personal problem, but at the time of mutah she should not be drunk because then she is not in her senses and therefore that contract won't hold ground. If she drinks after the contract or some other day then that does not affect her status as ahl-e-kitab. The mutah is fine.

2) No, it is strictly impermissible to sleep with someone in Mutah and not explain to that someone the reality of Mutah. The partner has to know exactly what you are doing with them. Tell them the complete rules that they also have to follow for example the Idda time period and then the money or gift that you have to pay as wages and the temporary nature of this arrangement. All details.

If then the partner agrees, then you can do as agreed upon by both parties.

(wasalam)

Salam

Thanks bro very insightful

Just 1 more thing (as columbo would say) the idda period, what if the girl did not follow this? I mean to say you tell her and she did not observe it? who's fault is this.

Also if some people are doing this as a 1 night thing sureley then the girl will not be doing the idda, ive even read that someone said doing it for 1 night and then paying some one is permessiable. Than cant be right it can it?

• 10 months later...
  • Basic Members

Hi I'm a shia girl and have muta marriage with a Sunni.. Well you all should know that people can missuse law of Islam .. Like do muta with a girl for a hour n throw her away.. But in my case, we both are students n can't have a house n car and live like family together.. We don't have a job yet, well I have to wait till im 32 to get married then.. So we both are in muta for some year and then will do nikkah.. He look at me as his wife n I looked at him as my husband.. If I get pregnant my child will be a halal child.. Our friends n family know about motha, we had a little sermoni for muta., I have signed the contract of muta n him with relatives. N he gave me my maher(gift). After we both can start our career will we do nikkah.. Its not about sex, we all people need a life partner.. Why do you guys say that it's wrong? Well in my case I can't see anything wrong with it.. Jus because a boy can't afford a girl and children yet, n punish him with that he can't have a relation to a girl and have to Wait till he38 years old.. It should be some way out for him? I'm going to do nikkah with the guy after some year anyway so what's the problem in this case?? All that I know about muta is: 1. Its in Quran ayat. 2. Its not a sin 3. Many people missuse it that's why people don't know the meaning of it.. Thats what I believe , is it wrong?? If its wrong to do muta if it's haram and you can come with clue against the meaning of that ayat in quraan,, I fear the judgment day n will do astaghfar for my sin then..

• Veteran Member

Hi I'm a shia girl and have muta marriage with a Sunni.. Well you all should know that people can missuse law of Islam .. Like do muta with a girl for a hour n throw her away.. But in my case, we both are students n can't have a house n car and live like family together.. We don't have a job yet, well I have to wait till im 32 to get married then.. So we both are in muta for some year and then will do nikkah.. He look at me as his wife n I looked at him as my husband.. If I get pregnant my child will be a halal child.. Our friends n family know about motha, we had a little sermoni for muta., I have signed the contract of muta n him with relatives. N he gave me my maher(gift). After we both can start our career will we do nikkah.. Its not about sex, we all people need a life partner.. Why do you guys say that it's wrong? Well in my case I can't see anything wrong with it.. Jus because a boy can't afford a girl and children yet, n punish him with that he can't have a relation to a girl and have to Wait till he38 years old.. It should be some way out for him? I'm going to do nikkah with the guy after some year anyway so what's the problem in this case?? All that I know about muta is: 1. Its in Quran ayat. 2. Its not a sin 3. Many people missuse it that's why people don't know the meaning of it.. Thats what I believe , is it wrong?? If its wrong to do muta if it's haram and you can come with clue against the meaning of that ayat in quraan,, I fear the judgment day n will do astaghfar for my sin then..

If he is a Sunni, why is he doing muta? It goes against his religion. Since you plan on staying together anyway, why not just get a nikah done?

• Veteran Member

Some Sunnis do believe in the legitimacy of mutah, but aren't necessarily open about it for fear of criticism.

That means they go against all their scholars of the past 1400 years, and against their beloved Umar. If someone thinks they are all wrong, then maybe he should ask themselves what else they might be wrong about. That is assuming they are sincere about believing muta is halal, and aren't just using it out of convenience. I'm pretty sure muta is haraam for the person who doesn't believe in it.

• Advanced Member

Yo. Marriage is not a thing that you can play with. It is something that will affect your life. Mut'ah is a ridiculous thing to practice. Mut'ah can cause family fight. So, just stay away from it. Guys can marry to four women. Instead of practicing mut'ah, just marry to four women then! While girls are naturally loyal, so just be loyal to your husband! What's the big deal? Leave mut'ah. Don't go against Allah.

• Basic Members

I told him to search about muta, because we couldn't do nikkah.. So he searched And after some months he asked me to do muta with him.. Why he is going against his religion?? U mean his sect not religion,, we both are Muslims, same religion but from different sects.. He his Sunni and im Shia .. But we both believe in Allah, the holy quraan, our prophet (saw) and his family (as).. We both believe in pray 5 times and fast in Ramadan.. So how is our religion different.. That's what a Muslim are, who fear god and try to do his best in this world.. God are not going to ask u on judgement day about are u sunni or Shia? that's what we both believe and that's why we both can figure out things together without care about what our parents and grandparent have told about diff sects.. Think logic n clear.. So I hope u mean against his sect.. But answer to that question will be, FOR HIM AND FOR ME ITS NOT IMPORTENT what's the diff sect fight about and Stand up against for... What really bother us two is WHAT IS THE TRUTH.. And believe me, jus close your eyes for 2 sek and think.. isn't it important to open your mind and start searching about different thing, why be so afraid to find or hear things against ur sect.. Be open n Check out.. It's about muta in quraan so y not believe it?? But remember many people missuse alot of laws and on the same line many misuse muta too.. Clubbing all night and having onenight stand ... Oh wait a minute I can do muta with her then ran away far that sin.. Ew people who have those type of thoughts make me ill

Don't go against Allah ?? But go against quraan, sorry ace Abbas it's a lil dificult:)

• Advanced Member

Yo. Marriage is not a thing that you can play with. It is something that will affect your life. Mut'ah is a ridiculous thing to practice. Mut'ah can cause family fight. So, just stay away from it. Guys can marry to four women. Instead of practicing mut'ah, just marry to four women then! While girls are naturally loyal, so just be loyal to your husband! What's the big deal? Leave mut'ah. Don't go against Allah.

No Offence brother but we do not need Ahle Sunnah wal Jammah posting on our issues. Please refrain from posting on these issues, ur opinion is of NO value here.

Feel free to post on the Shia/Sunni Forum.

Ya..two things about ur response:

1) Mutah will cause a family fight but 4 wives wont fight??? Get married to 4 wives then tell ur experiences!!! Lol

2) Girls are naturally loyal! That would mean adultery between two married people would never exist! But obviously it exists as it is mentioned in the quran. The true definition of zina is married people having intercourse with other married people. So Girls are just as loyal as men and some are super loyal and some are not loyal.

Mutah is a sunnah of the Prophet (as) and should be praticed in situations where required.

Edited by La fatah ila Ali

• Veteran Member

I told him to search about muta, because we couldn't do nikkah.. So he searched And after some months he asked me to do muta with him.. Why he is going against his religion?? U mean his sect not religion,, we both are Muslims, same religion but from different sects.. He his Sunni and im Shia .. But we both believe in Allah, the holy quraan, our prophet (saw) and his family (as).. We both believe in pray 5 times and fast in Ramadan.. So how is our religion different.. That's what a Muslim are, who fear god and try to do his best in this world.. God are not going to ask u on judgement day about are u sunni or Shia? that's what we both believe and that's why we both can figure out things together without care about what our parents and grandparent have told about diff sects.. Think logic n clear.. So I hope u mean against his sect.. But answer to that question will be, FOR HIM AND FOR ME ITS NOT IMPORTENT what's the diff sect fight about and Stand up against for... What really bother us two is WHAT IS THE TRUTH.. And believe me, jus close your eyes for 2 sek and think.. isn't it important to open your mind and start searching about different thing, why be so afraid to find or hear things against ur sect.. Be open n Check out.. It's about muta in quraan so y not believe it?? But remember many people missuse alot of laws and on the same line many misuse muta too.. Clubbing all night and having onenight stand ... Oh wait a minute I can do muta with her then ran away far that sin.. Ew people who have those type of thoughts make me ill

Don't go against Allah ?? But go against quraan, sorry ace Abbas it's a lil dificult:)

I'm sorry sister, but believing in the Imams (as) is way more important that you think, even though of course Sunnis are Muslims. I don't have time to quote the hadiths at the moment, but Inshallah someone else will, or otherwise I will do so when I have some time later. It also doesn't seem very clear whether this man is actually convinced muta is halal, or is just doing it for convenience. How much did he actually look into it?

• Veteran Member
Why he is going against his religion?? U mean his sect not religion,, we both are Muslims, same religion but from different sects.. He his Sunni and im Shia .. But we both believe in Allah, the holy quraan, our prophet (saw) and his family (as).. We both believe in pray 5 times and fast in Ramadan.. So how is our religion different.. That's what a Muslim are, who fear god and try to do his best in this world.. God are not going to ask u on judgement day about are u sunni or Shia?

Ok, since nobody else gave the ahadith, here are a few, showing you that on the day of judgement, whether or not you are a Shia will matter. First let me say that like you, and many other here, I used to hold this view that all Muslims are the same, and that the differences didn't matter too much, but if you fear Allah, care about the hereafter, and love the ahlulbayt (as), then these differences do start mattering. I can only hope you will read these few hadith (there are many more out there), and reflect on what they should mean to you.

He (Al-Baaqir) (عليه السلام) said the Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: “No slave will be able to advance on the Day of Judgment from the between the hands of Allaah (عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ) until he is asked about four habits / characteristics.

(1) How did you let your life erode/decay (i.e. spend your life)?

(2) How did you acquire your wealth?

(3) How did you spend it (your wealth)?

(4) And about our love, the Ahl Al-Bayt.

So a man from the people said: “O Messenger of Allaah! And what are the signs of your love?” So he (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: “Love this (him) and he placed his hand on the head of `Alee bin Abee Taalib (عليه السلام)”

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2011/01/four-questions-on-day-of-judgment.html

From Abee `Abd Allaah Ja`far bin Muhammad (عليه السلام): “On the Day of Judgment, a caller will call from inside the `Arsh (throne): "Where is the Khaleefah of Allah on His earth?" So Dawood, the Prophet (عليه السلام) will stand up. And a voice from Allaah (عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ) will say: “We did not mean you, even though you are a khaleefah*”. Then he (the caller) will call again, “Where is the Khaleefah of Allaah on His earth?” Then Ameer Al-Mu’mineen `Alee bn Abee Taalib (عليه السلام) will stand up. Then a call by Allaah (عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ) will come: “O gathering of creations, this is `Alee bin Abee Taalib, khaleefah of Allaah on His earth, and His hujjah (proof) upon His servants, so whoever hung on to His rope (`Alee) in this life, so hang on to His rope in this day. Illiminate with his light, and follow him to the highest stages (darajaat) of jannah. He (عليه السلام) said: So a group of people who followed His rope (`Alee) in this world will follow him to Jannah. Then a call from Allaah (جل جلاله) will come “O those who following a leader (imaam) while living in this world, following him to wherever he goes, and go with him at that time” « those that were followed disown their followers, and they see the chastisement, and their cords are cut asunder (166) And those who followed say: ‘If only we might return (to the world) and disown them, as they have disowned us.’ Thus does Allaah show them their deeds in a manner that will cause them bitter regrets. Never will they come out of the Fire. (167) »” [surah Al-Baqarah (2) : 166-167]

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2011/01/those-who-followed-imam-ali-on-day-of.html

From Abaan bin `Uthmaan from Abee `Abd Allaah Ja`far bin Muhammad (عليه السلام) said: “On the Day of Judgment, Allaah will bring together the awwaleen (the first people) and the akhireen (the last people) on one plane and then He will command for a caller to call out: ‘Cast down your glances and lower your heads, so that Faatimah (عليها السلام), daughter of Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) (can cross) the Bridge.’ He (عليه السلام) said: ‘The creations will cast down their glances and then Faatimah (عليها السلام) will arrive seated on one of the highbred animals of Jannah, followed by 70,000 angels. Then she will make a distinguished stop at one of the stations of Judgment.

Then she will dismount from the animal and take the shirt of Al-Hussayn bin `Alee (عليه السلام) in her hands, saying: ‘O Lord! This shirt belongs to my son, and You know what was done to him.’ There will be call from Allaah (عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ) saying: "O Faatimah (عليها السلام), you have My pleasure.’ And she will say: "O Lord! Help me avenge those who killed him (عليه السلام).’ And Allaah will then command a flame from hellfire to come out and capture the killers of Al-Hussayn bin `Alee (عليه السلام) like a bird captures (eats) a grain. Then the flame will return them back into the fire, and torturing them in it with various punishments.

Then Faatimah (عليها السلام) will ride the animal until she enters Jannah, and with her are angels that follow her, and her descendants before her and her friends from the people on her right and on her left."

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2011/04/fatimah-on-day-of-judgment.html

1 – Muhammad b. Ya`qub (in al-Kafi) from Muhammad b. Yahya from Muhammad b. al-Husayn from Safwan b. Yahya from al-`Ala b. Razin from Muhammad b. Muslim. He said: I heard Abu Ja`far عليه السلام saying: Everyone who professes (belief in) Allah `azza wa jalla with worship in which he himself strives, but he has no Imam from Allah, then his effort is not accepted, and he is astray and confused, and Allah hates his acts – until he said: And if he died upon this state, he died a death of kufr and hypocrisy. And know, O Muhammad, that the imams of tyranny and their followers are expelled from the religion of Allah. They have gone astray and have led astray, so their acts which they performed are as ash that the wind disperses in a stormy day. They do not possess (?) anything of what they earned. That is the far straying.

2 – And from `Ali b. Ibrahim from his father, and from `Abdullah b. as-Salt, all from Hammad b. `Isa from Hariz b. `Abdullah from Zurara from Abu Ja`far عليه السلام in a hadith wherein he said: The summit of the affair, its hump, its key, the gate of things, and the satisfaction of the Rahman, is the obedience to the Imam after his recognition. Were a man to rise up (in) his night, fast (in) his day, give charity by all of his property, do hajj all of his age, and he did not recognize the walaya of the Wali of Allah and give loyalty to him, and that all of his acts be by his guidance to him, he has no right upon Allah in regards to his reward, and he is not from the people of Iman.

3 – And from a number of our companions from Sahl b. Ziyad from Muhammad b. Sulayman from his father from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام in a hadith wherein he said: One who does not come to Allah `azza wa jalla on the Day of the Resurrection with what you (pl.) are upon, not a good deed is accepted from him, and not a bad deed is overlooked for him.

5 – And from Muhammad b. Yahya from Ahmad b. Muhammad, and from number of our companions from Sahl b. Ziyad, all from al-Hasan b. Mahbub from Hisham b. Salim from `Abd al-Hamid b. Abi ‘l-A`la from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام in a hadith wherein he said: By Allah, were Iblis to have prostrated to Allah after the sin and arrogance (for) the lifespan of the world that would not have benefited him, and Allah `azza wa jalla would not have accepted him, so long as he had not prostrated to Adam as Allah `azza wa jalla had commanded him to prostrate to him. And likewise is this rebellious Umma, in fitna (al-maftuna) after its Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله, and after their abandonment of the Imam whom their Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله had appointed for them. So Allah will never accept an act from them, and never raise up a good deed for them, until they come to Allah from whence He commanded them, and give loyalty to the Imam by whose walaya they were commanded, and enter from the gate that Allah and His Messenger opened for them.

6 – And from him from Ahmad b. Muhammad from Ibn Mahbub from `Amr b. Abi ‘l-Miqdam from Jabir from Abu Ja`far عليه السلام in a hadith wherein he said: One who does not recognize Allah, and does not recognize the Imam from us, the Ahl al-Bayt, then he has only recognized and worshiped other than Allah. Such, by Allah, is a straying.

12 – Muhammad b. `Ali b. al-Husayn (as-Saduq) (in al-Faqih) by his isnad from Abu Hamza ath-Thumali. He said: `Ali b. al-Husayn عليه السلام said to me: What areas are best? So we said: Allah and His Messenger and the son of His Messenger know best. So he said to us: The best of areas is what is between the rukn and the maqam. And were a man to live what Nuh has lived amongst his people, one thousand years less fifty years, fasting the day, rising the night in that place, then met Allah with other than our walaya, that would have not have benefited him anything.

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/preface-of-the-ibadat/nullification-of-worship-without-walaya

If someone oppressed and killed your parents, and then you met someone who respected those oppressors, what would you think? I can imagine trying to explain the situation to them, but I wouldn't marry them until they realised the truth. Now, we are supposed to love the ahlulbayt (as) more than our own parents, and Sunnis respect those who oppressed them. Furthermore, without the guidance of the Imams (as), they are lost in terms of their religion. Much of what they have in their books (Bukhari, Muslim, etc) comes from enemies of the ahlulbayt (as) such as Aisha, and liars like Abu Huraira. They also prefer to follow the Sunna of Umar, rather than Rasul Allah (pbuh), which is why they don't practice muta.

In short, believing Shia women, shouldn't marry Sunnis (unless they come to the path of the ahlulbayt of course).

4 – And from him from Ahmad from Ibn Faddal from `Ali b. Ya`qub from Marwan b. Muslim from al-Husayn b. Musa the stuffer from al-Fudayl b. Yasar. He said: I said to Abu` Abdillah عليه السلام: My wife has a sister who is recognizing (`arifa) of our view. And there is no one in Basra who is upon our view but a few. So do I marry her to someone who does not regard (i.e. believe in) our view? He said: No, and there is no blessing. Verily Allah عزّ وجلّ says “And do not return them to the kuffar. They (fem.) are not allowed to them and they (masc.) are not allowed to them.” (60:10)

5 – And from Humayd b. Ziyad from al-Hasan b. Muhammad from more than one from Aban b. `Uthman from al-Fudayl b. Yasar. He said: I asked Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام about marrying the nasib. So he said: No, by Allah, it is not allowed. Fudayl said: Then I asked him another time. So I said: May I be made your ransom, what you say regarding their marriage? He said: And the woman is an `arifa? I said: An `arifa. He said: Verily the `arifa is not placed but with an `arif.

6 – And from him from Ahmad b. Muhammad from `Abd ar-Rahman b. Abi Najran from `Abdullah b. Sinan from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام in a hadith wherein he said: The mustad`af (those who are not Shi`a but who are not nasibi either, who do not know the differences of sects, and are ignorant of the truth but not inimical against it or its people) does not marry the mu’mina.

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/marriage/prohibition-by-kufr/marriage-with-a-non-shia

Edited by Haider Husayn

Brother we have been down this road so many times it gets old, just research the topics and you will find all you need. The problem is that there a lot of young men here wo are very frustrated and want mutah in the worst way so they are looking for every angle that they might use. There should be an area where the young men can make their offers and the women can review them.

I hope you catch my drift.

• Advanced Member

That means they go against all their scholars of the past 1400 years, and against their beloved Umar. If someone thinks they are all wrong, then maybe he should ask themselves what else they might be wrong about. That is assuming they are sincere about believing muta is halal, and aren't just using it out of convenience. I'm pretty sure muta is haraam for the person who doesn't believe in it.

Sorry, I don't worship scholars. When I was Sunni I believed it was legitimate. It didn't make any sense that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) would forbid something he had said was halal many times before.

Edited by ohhcuppycakee

• Veteran Member

Sorry, I don't worship scholars. When I was Sunni I believed it was legitimate. It didn't make any sense that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) would forbid something he had said was halal many times before.

I agree with you, but what I am saying is if someone decides that Umar was wrong, and that all Sunni scholars in history were wrong, then I don't see how that person can remain a Sunni. If the 'rightly guided' Umar can't be trusted in matters of religion, then how can any Sahaba be trusted? If the scholars can have ijma (consensus) on muta and be wrong, then ijma means nothing. However, according to Sunnis ijma is the third major source of Islamic law after the Quran and the Sunnah.

Muslim Men can marry non-Muslim women, but not the reverse.

You seem to be confused now. Muslim women can marry Muslim men correct?. So maybe his religious 'sect' ( he's still a Muslim ) does not believe in it, but maybe he does as his wife says. Do you know him better than her?. if its since his religion does not believe in it, then I think you will find most Christian and Jewish religions do not believe in the idea of temporary marriage, so its not right for them to do it either, or for a Muslim to try and get them to take part in what will be a sinful relationship to them. You cant have it all ways. You are contradicting yourself big time.

Edited by Irishman

• Veteran Member

Muslim Men can marry non-Muslim women, but not the reverse.

You seem to be confused now. Muslim women can marry Muslim men correct?. So maybe his religious 'sect' ( he's still a Muslim ) does not believe in it, but maybe he does as his wife says. Do you know him better than her?. if its since his religion does not believe in it, then I think you will find most Christian and Jewish religions do not believe in the idea of temporary marriage, so its not right for them to do it either, or for a Muslim to try and get them to take part in what will be a sinful relationship to them. You cant have it all ways. You are contradicting yourself big time.

How am I contradicting myself?

I don't know if this man believes in muta or not, that's is why I asked.

From the point of view of the Christian woman or Jewish woman doing something sinful in her religion, that is her business. Nobody is forcing her to do muta. The same goes for Sunnis. All I am saying is that it could be that it may be objectively haraam for a Sunni to do muta if he/she doesn't actually believe it is halal. I could be wrong of course, but I have a recollection of reading this somewhere, and there is the following hadith that points in that direction (if I am misunderstanding it, then someone can correct me):

[ 26366 ] 11 Ü ÞÇá : æÞÇá ÇáÑÖÇ ( Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ) : ÇáãÊÚÉ áÇ ÊÍá ÅáÇ áãä ÚÑÝåÇ ¡ æåí ÍÑÇã Úáì ãä ÌåáåÇ .

11 – He said: And ar-Rida Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã said: Mut`a is not halal except for the one who recognizes it, and it is haram upon the one who is ignorant of it.

In any case, Shia women are strongly advised not to marry Sunnis men, for reasons that I outlined in my previous post.

• Veteran Member

For the sake of accuracy, I should add that many (most?) scholars say it is permissible for a Shia woman to marry a Sunni male, as long as there is no fear that it will lead to corruption in her religion.

For example:

Source: Wilayah.org

Answer:

Salamun `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

The answer is as follows:

Bismihi Ta`ala

1&2) There is no objection in temporary or permanent marriage between Shi`ah woman with a Sunni man unless it entails corruption for her religion.

With prayers for your success,

wassalam.

http://www.mutah.com/faq_6.htm

On the other hand,

3) It is mustahabb (recommended) that the woman whom one wants to contract mut`ah with her to be a chaste believer.

http://www.mutah.com/faq_5.htm

From Sayed Sistani's website:

Question : Can a Sayyid marry Sunni or Wahabi?

Answer : If there is a fear that he\she might be misled, it is not permissible.

Can't say I don't find it weird in light of the above-quoted hadith, but there you go. It's certainly not recommended, let's put in that way.

• 2 years later...
  • Advanced Member

"I'm going to do nikkah with the guy after some year anyway so what's the problem in this case??"

The problem is this...

if that is the case, then why not just do 'nikka' now?  What is the difference?  In either case children may come that need to be supported so why not just do nikka if so committed to one another?  Truly I only see this as a way of excuse for promiscuity... engaging in relations that should be reserved for one marriage... one person only.  If people do mutah and go on to have multiple relationships this is promiscuity... no different that people who live together without benefit of committed marriage.

I'd be very interested to know if this person ended up married to the person she engaged in these relations with.

"I'm going to do nikkah with the guy after some year anyway so what's the problem in this case??"

The problem is this...

if that is the case, then why not just do 'nikka' now? What is the difference? In either case children may come that need to be supported so why not just do nikka if so committed to one another? Truly I only see this as a way of excuse for promiscuity... engaging in relations that should be reserved for one marriage... one person only. If people do mutah and go on to have multiple relationships this is promiscuity... no different that people who live together without benefit of committed marriage.

I'd be very interested to know if this person ended up married to the person she engaged in these relations with.

Idda period prevents promiscuity to a certain extent.

Also, you're right. This is a tool that can be misused as you describe. Just like a knife is a tool that can be used to prepare food for a family or kill people.

Muta was sanctioned as a tool to prevent unsuccessful marriages among other reasons. You are right in your concern about misuse, but it is not meant to be misused.

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

I personally know of 2 different Shia women...Both separate

First one had months of sexual intercourse with a Sikh man & when questioned by her Brother in law, who was a Maulvi having studied in Qum; she replied she was doing Mutah with Ahl e Kitaab

Suggesting the Sikh Holy Book 'Granth Saahib' classified Sikhs in her opinion as Ahl e Kitaab....

The other Shia woman had sexual intercourse with college boys in groups & taxi drivers. Mostly Pakistani men, she believed her intention was to fulfil her desires & it was between her & her Creator.

Neither of them were divorced nor did they recite any Seegha....

Both claimed they were performing Mutah....

Extreme cases of Mutah being abused by Shia women who lost control of their sexual desires watching too much Bollywood films....