In the Name of God بسم الله

[LAWS]Weird Question

Rate this topic

Frosty

• Advanced Member

Is it haram to indirectly support an alcohol company through buying a product which is non-alcoholic? Reason for this question, I saw a commercial for Bailey's non-alcoholic coffee creamer and my girlfriend asked me if she should buy it when she goes out tomorrow so we could try it (we're both big coffee drinkers). I mean, I know it, itself isn't alcholic but it seems weird to me to buy it because it would be like indirectly supporting a company which main product is haram.

Perhaps I'm just being paranoid. What're your thoughts?

Edited by Frosty

Is it haram to indirectly support an alcohol company through buying a product which is non-alcoholic? Reason for this question, I saw a commercial for Bailey's non-alcoholic coffee creamer and my girlfriend asked me if she should buy it when she goes out tomorrow so we could try it (we're both big coffee drinkers). I mean, I know it, itself isn't alcholic but it seems weird to me to buy it because it would be like indirectly supporting a company which main product is haram.

Perhaps I'm just being paranoid. What're your thoughts?

What about if you buy dhabiha meat from a company that also slaughters pigs? My understanding is that you cannot dictate what they sell or what it is that they do with their business. If you take up this mentality, you probably wouldn't be able to eat anywhere.