Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Frosty

Hip-hop's Enema

Rate this topic

I am not sure how many here are a fan of hip-hop, I am and I think this video is the enema that modern hip-hop needs. Dead prez is the best.

"GHETTOS EVERYWHERE."

[edited out]

"You would rather have a Lexus or justice

A dream or some substance

A Beamer, a necklace or freedom."

I used to really love ded prez....I had one of their albums 'lets get free' or somethin like that an I remember listenin to it one time before I slept ......so basically i ended up sleepin an the CD kept goin.....

about 3 hours into my sleep i hear some track is still going on an im thinkin RAHHH THIS IS SOME LONG ALBUM!!! but it was a hidden track thats somethin like track 29...it's good that i heard that cuz it proper peed me off back then. They're talkin about God not existing an what not! Good lyricists tho!!

OI MAWLAS MALANG BROV AINT U FROM MANCHESTER YEAH.....MY BOY REMIXED ONE OF YOUR HOMETOWN CLASSICS...HES THE FIRST ONE RAPPIN

[edited out]

I used to really love ded prez....I had one of their albums 'lets get free' or somethin like that an I remember listenin to it one time before I slept ......so basically i ended up sleepin an the CD kept goin.....

about 3 hours into my sleep i hear some track is still going on an im thinkin RAHHH THIS IS SOME LONG ALBUM!!! but it was a hidden track thats somethin like track 29...it's good that i heard that cuz it proper peed me off back then. They're talkin about God not existing an what not! Good lyricists tho!!

OI MAWLAS MALANG BROV AINT U FROM MANCHESTER YEAH.....MY BOY REMIXED ONE OF YOUR HOMETOWN CLASSICS...HES THE FIRST ONE RAPPIN

[edited out]

yeah i had that one too. you know i had that on 12 inch? only ever bought 3 vinyls in my life. 1 was dead prez, one was lucy pearls first album and one was this random r kelly track, think it was i wish (this was before i knew he was a wee splashing paedo). used to go college near a HMV was always hanging around there

LOL at oases. your boys version is way better never really been into manchester music scene

....but Allah is the best of planners, hot damn

heavy, heavy words man. i love hearing hip hop that actually MEANS something you know? not just i got ho's in area codes.

Bradda is that dangerdoom dude MF DOOM ??? he changed his name??

And Wanderer you call that slow ??? you must be a regular ecstasy consumer !!!!!!!

This is more spoken word ....but WU TANG FOREVER

[edited out]

[edited out]

On 4/28/2010 at 9:01 PM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

Bradda is that dangerdoom dude MF DOOM ??? he changed his name??

It's most def MF Doom son, he did a colab with DJ Danger Mouse and they came up with a name to represent them both, like when Doom did a colab with Madlib and they called Madvillain.

This is more spoken word ....but WU TANG FOREVER

Want trouble? Bring the ruckus, Wu-Tang clan ain't nothin to [hassle] with.

Back when I was an impressionable wee girl in high school I heard 'they schools'. I was grossed out by some of the lyrics but understood the sentiment behind them. Even though they're talking about the BS in the American school system I thought the philosophy was pretty universal and applied to us limeys as much as it did to anyone else. History is HIS STORY, written by the winners and the powerful. I'm not joking when I say it influenced my choice to become a teacher.

Edited by Lisa_Mafia

^^

That's real I know there is a lot of [Edited Out] out there, but what we tend to do is categorise all hip hop into one box. I saw a comment the other day by someone saying "CAN'T WE DO THINGS IN PRAISE OF AHLUL BAYT WITHOUT THEM BEING RAP" like what the hell is that sposed to mean you nerd?!?!?! Rap is rhythm and poetry. Poetry was invented by the arabs if I'm correct....the Quran is in poetic form.

Just because people don't do it looking geeky and adapt to the times and speak the language of the current age, certain Muslims or even shias don't like it. The fact is a guy with a side parting and a bumfluff moustache singing or as they like to say 'reciting' about Imam Hussain is just gettin boring and it certainly never appealed to me when I was growin up.........I always wanted there to be a shia Wu-Tang clan or a 2pac shakur not another nadeem sarwar or Bassim ......all respect due to them for what they've done in the past, but society is different now! Anyways I'm glad you're doin somethin positive and wow......it came out of a song. Shows us all how powerful Words can really be whilst we underestimate it and focus more on preaching to people ....................

This is my little bro........well not blood bro but he's my little bro ya get me !! Check how deep he is ...he's only 17. May Allah raise him higher

[edited out]

Edited by macisaac

^^^

BRRRRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

You do know the first one is RZA from WU TANG RIGHT ????????????? THATS MY WU TANG CLAN RIGHT THERE!!!

RZA IS THAT DUDE IN MY AVATAR

Did Achozen release an album? I know they had a project goin, but don't know if it was completed

Anyways am feelin this

[edited out]

Edited by macisaac