Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The Prophet Jesus And The Mahdi

Rate this topic

Davud

Peace be with You.

I am thinking that the Prophet Jesus, may he be blessed, and the Mahdi, may he be blessed, are one and the same person.

Before I would like to give more details, how I arrived at this conclusion, I would like to hear Your opinion.

Allah May Bless You

Davud

Edited by Davud

• Forum Administrators

(salam)

In the opinion of the school of Ahl al-Bayt, the Mehdi (as) was the son born to our 11th Imam Hassan al-Askari (as), and has since been in occultation. He was first in a minor occultation, where he was in contact with his devoted Shi'ah through viziers, until he entered the major occultation period, which will last until Allah pleases. Jesus (as) on the other hand is the son of Maryam (as), and he was born without a father. Allah has raised him, and will put him back when He pleases.

Here are some Sunni Muslim ahadith on the Mehdi if that's what you are interested in brother:

The Prophet (pbuh) said: "Even if the entire duration of the world's existence has already been exhausted and only one day is left (before the day of judgment), Allah will expand that day to such a length of time, as to accommodate the kingdom of a person from my Ahlul-Bayt who will be called by my name. He will fill out the earth with peace and justice as it will have been full of injustice and tyranny (by then)." ( * Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v2, p86, v9, pp 74-75 )

Jabir Ibn Abdillah al-Ansari said: I heard the Messenger of Allah saying: "A group of my Ummah will fight for the truth until near the day of judgment when Jesus, the son of Marry, will descend, and the leader of them will ask him to lead the prayer, but Jesus declines, saying: "No, Verily, among you Allah has made leaders for others and He has bestowed his bounty upon them."

• Advanced Member

Peace be with You.

I am thinking that the Prophet Jesus, may he be blessed, and the Mahdi, may he be blessed, are one and the same person.

Before I would like to give more details, how I arrived at this conclusion, I would like to hear Your opinion.

Allah May Bless You

Davud

Just a question. Are you a Qadiani?

Just a question. Are you a Qadiani?

Peace be with You.

Well I even don't know what a Qadiani is, since I converted to Islam and I live in Germany. I also think that it is not right to sort people into categories, to label them, just because it weakens the community.

Here is something to think about: If the Prophet Jesus, may he be blessed, really returns as a separate entity, than he would be the seal of the Prophets, since the Mahdi, may he be blessed, is not a prophet.

Then what about the Prophet Muhammad, may he be blessed, regarding the claim to be the seal of the prophets.

Best Regards

Davud

• Advanced Member

Peace be with You.

Well I even don't know what a Qadiani is, since I converted to Islam and I live in Germany. I also think that it is not right to sort people into categories, to label them, just because it weakens the community.

Here is something to think about: If the Prophet Jesus, may he be blessed, really returns as a separate entity, than he would be the seal of the Prophets, since the Mahdi, may he be blessed, is not a prophet.

Then what about the Prophet Muhammad, may he be blessed, regarding the claim to be the seal of the prophets.

Best Regards

Davud

Since the question is logical, I'd give a logical answer. Imam Mahdi (as) is the representative of Prophet Muhammad SAW and the narrations the brother posted earlier show that since he (as) leads the prayer, it shows his status is above of Jesus AS. Thus, the Imams of the Ahlul Bayt have a higher status than all Propehts (obviously, bar Prophet Muhammad SAW). (You can see this in Hadith of the Cloak or Quran 33:33)

Secondly, "Seal of Prophets" means an individual seals the religion of God, since Allah swt has ordained Islam to be the last, final and complete message, it was Prophet Muhammad (SAW) that completed Allah's message which the preceding 124,000 Prophets sought to deliver.

I hope that clarifies the issue. Nonetheless, it is said that after the demise of Imam AS, Jesus AS will rule and preach Islam (Since Islam is actually what the "Christians" should be following).

• Forum Administrators

(salam)

I think the Seal of Prophets title refers to the end of wahi (divine inspiration) and the completion of the Islamic message. The prophetic message of the Messiah (as) was the Injeel, taught by God to Jesus (as), to his apostles (ra). On the other hand, when Jesus (as) returns, he will not be bearing anything new or different from the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh). He will judge by the Qur'an and not the Injeel, and he will be a follower of the Imam Mehdi (as). One could say that when Jesus returns, he will not return as a prophet but merely as a [very] prominent Muslim.

I'll give you an example. Once Obama's term as President ends, he will no longer be the President. He may still be alive, and popular amongst folk, but his rank as President will be given to the person after him. Similarly, the Message of Jesus (as) has been replaced by that of the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh), which is the most complete and final form of Islam. The Imams (as) after Muhammed (pbuh), which the Mehdi is the last of, are a form of divine authority, but without the rank of prophethood or divine wahi. Jesus (as) will rule under the guidance of the Imam of his time, who is the Mehdi (as) himself. The role of a prophet is to bring something new to the message - Jesus will not bring anything new to the message of the Prophet, therefore his prophethood is no longer relative.

In the narrations of the Prophet Muhammed, we consistently see that the Mehdi is from Ahl al-Bayt (as), from the descendants of Fatima (as), the daughter of the Prophet. Jesus came far before Fatima. There are other Sunni narrations that say he will be an Arab, and Jesus was an Aramaic Jew. Their identities are separate, but held highly either way.

Edited by Qa'im

Imam Mahdi (as) is the representative of Prophet Muhammad SAW and the narrations the brother posted earlier show that since he (as) leads the prayer, it shows his status is above of Jesus AS.

Peace be with You.

Here You made one very important statement:

• The Mahdi is the representative of the Prophet Muhammad, may they both be blessed.

The Prophet Muhammad, may he be blessed, submitted completely to Allah, may he be glorified, and thus he was perfectly guided. The Mahdi, may he be blessed, is perfectly guided as well. So when two persons are perfectly guided by Allah, their actions are the same, it is like they are one person. Same thing with the Prophet Jesus, may he be blessed.

Best Regards

Davud

• Advanced Member

Peace be with You.

Here You made one very important statement:

• The Mahdi is the representative of the Prophet Muhammad, may they both be blessed.

The Prophet Muhammad, may he be blessed, submitted completely to Allah, may he be glorified, and thus he was perfectly guided. The Mahdi, may he be blessed, is perfectly guided as well. So when two persons are perfectly guided by Allah, their actions are the same, it is like they are one person. Same thing with the Prophet Jesus, may he be blessed.

Best Regards

Davud

Wasalam,

They will be both divinely guided, that is true. Though, this doesn't make them one person. Mary AS was divinely guided and so was Jesus AS, they aren't one person. Prophet Muhammad SAW and Imam Ali AS were both divinely guided, but this doesn't make them the same person. Though, their message would obviously be the same. Scholars have speculated that the return of Jesus is to draw the Christians to Islam (so he will target the West), while our Imam AS will be initiating his new government in the East (Iraq/Iran - Kufa as some traditions say).

Edited by cusulli

• Advanced Member

Salam aleikum

First and foremost Injil and Quran are not same books, and both contain different law and sunnah that will create different kind of culture. Message as "la ilaha illa Allah." is same, and principles are same about day of judgement same. But most defanatly Prophet Muhammed (SAAS) and Isa, Ibn Mariam (as) behave and live same kind of life, not even close. Isa (as) teach different kind of moral ethics know as bloodmoney, or forgivness and Prophet Muhammed (SAAS) had hudud and bloodmoney.

Basicly you misunderstand how they behave same. They behave same only by command of Allah, but they behave not same in reality. And thus, they are not same person, and not same knowledge.

• Veteran Member

Peace be with You.

Allah May Bless You

Davud

Salam Alaikum Davud,

I hope all is well with you, Im interested to hear more about your opinion.

Thanks.

• Advanced Member

Islam is not same religion all prophets (as) thougt, because all prophets had not Quran. Islam is perfect religion and completion of religion. And Islam is name of perfection, but unperfect religions are not named as Islam.

Edited by Ali Askari

• Advanced Member

From this analogue we can see that mistake you make is obvious, because Isa, Ibn Mariam (as) did not have perfect religion, therefore he (as) is not perfectly guided. Therefore you analogue between Prophet Muhammed (SAAS) and Isa, Ibn mariam crushes because of its false premise. Only Muhammed (SAAS) is perfectly guided. And as we know from hadiths also imams (as) must be perfectly guided. Therefore isa and imam (as) mahdi are not same level in guidance but mehdi is higher because of he (as) being succerssor of Muhammed, and Islam, and not Injil, book of Isa (as).

Take care.

• Advanced Member

Brother Ali Askari, I just would like to clarify on a few issues you have raised

First and foremost Injil and Quran are not same books, and both contain different law and sunnah that will create different kind of culture. Message as "la ilaha illa Allah." is same, and principles are same about day of judgement same. But most defanatly Prophet Muhammed (SAAS) and Isa, Ibn Mariam (as) behave and live same kind of life, not even close. Isa (as) teach different kind of moral ethics know as bloodmoney, or forgivness and Prophet Muhammed (SAAS) had hudud and bloodmoney.

Basicly you misunderstand how they behave same. They behave same only by command of Allah, but they behave not same in reality. And thus, they are not same person, and not same knowledge.

Our beloved Rasool Allah SAW, was the best of creation. There is no comparison to him, even Imam Ali (the nearest in comparison) says (paraphrasing) that "If Rasool Allah was thought of a city, I would just occupy the size of one door of that city ". However, Prophet Isa (Jesus) AS, was one of the most highly ranked Prophets of Allah swt. In Shia Islam, all Prophets are infallible (with a small 'i', as in they can choose the least better of two things) however our Ahlul Bayt A.S. are Infallible, as in they never choose the wrong way, they are always on Haq, and do every mustahab act. As a Muslim, I feel your comment on them "not even close" as a comparison between Prophets of Allah swt is hurtful, yes, Rasool Allah SAW suffered more afflictions and was tested more than any creation, but respect needs to be given to Prophet, especially Prophet Isa AS which is referred to as "Ruhullah" and many other high ranking names in the Qur'an.

Yes, Injil and Qur'an arent the same, yes we have a concept of bloodmoney now. However, this doesn't mean Christianity wasnt Allah's religion! And since it was Allah's religion it was perfect for the people at the time , if you doubt that, you doubt Islam. Jesus AS was infallible (small i) and Injil is a Book of God, yes it has been corrupted, but the original Injil was God's word and it was perfect. Over time, as the human race developed and as situation changes, you see that religion became more and more eloquent and rigid, so you see that the hereafter isn't mentioned that much in the Jews time, since they were more interested in what they could see and miracles was a proof for them, consider now, we live in an intellectual world where miracles are dismissed but hard scientific fact is held stronger, we are in an age where the teaching of akhira makes sense to be taught because we are more intellectually developed (and so akhira is empahsised more in Islam than previous Abrahamic religions). We are in an age where the concept of bloodmoney can be applied since Islam is the first religion to bring Shariah, since humans today can appreciate it for what its worth. This is not to say that the momineen of aforetime were inferior, time changes, so laws from Allah change but the fundamentals remain the same. For example, the prohibition of alcohol in Rasool's time, or the whole idea of ijtihad (we dont ride camels, we drive cars now etc)

Islam is not same religion all prophets (as) thougt, because all prophets had not Quran. Islam is perfect religion and completion of religion. And Islam is name of perfection, but unperfect religions are not named as Islam.

I'd like to note that the Qu'ran itself refers to people of the aforetime, those of Abrahamic faith as "Muslims". There is only ONE religion, and that is the religion of Allah swt, and the religions were perfect for their time, but they weren't the complete message for humankind i.e. the generation of the End time, i.e. us.

"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion" 5:3

Note how it is perfected for us, as the old religions (Christianity and Judasim) would not suit the society of today

From this analogue we can see that mistake you make is obvious, because Isa, Ibn Mariam (as) did not have perfect religion, therefore he (as) is not perfectly guided. Therefore you analogue between Prophet Muhammed (SAAS) and Isa, Ibn mariam crushes because of its false premise. Only Muhammed (SAAS) is perfectly guided. And as we know from hadiths also imams (as) must be perfectly guided. Therefore isa and imam (as) mahdi are not same level in guidance but mehdi is higher because of he (as) being succerssor of Muhammed, and Islam, and not Injil, book of Isa (as).

Again, Jesus AS was divinely guided.

Salam Alaikum Davud,

I hope all is well with you, Im interested to hear more about your opinion.

Thanks.

Peace be with You.

Thanks for asking about my health, yes I am doing very, very good. There has been a problem in the past, whenever my faith was very strong, I got "mentally ill". Now my faith is strong again, but I am not ill anymore. For example I was able to fulfil my tasks in my job, I am an engineer, three times faster than usual today.

The Mahdi

HAZRAT MAHDI'S NAME AND RENOWN WILL CONSTANTLY SPREAD ACROSS THE WORLD

Hazrat Mahdi, who is revealed in the hadith as coming in the End Times, is a holy individual awaited with great love and fervor by the whole Islamic world for some 1400 years, whom all Muslims at all times wish to live alongside, and blessed and charged with a most honorable task by Allah (God). Our Prophet (saas) reveals that Allah will send Hazrat Mahdi as a great blessing for the entire Muslim world and that he will ‘cause Islamic moral values to prevail across the world. According to the information provided by our Prophet (saas), the coming of Hazrat Mahdi is now very close, and will soon take place. According to the indications in the hadith, Hazrat Mahdi has already started work and is carrying out his activities among people. However, it is still uncertain who Hazrat Mahdi actually is; people do not recognize him, even though he is among them, and do not know him by his title of Hazrat ‘Mahdi’.

However, the hadith of our Prophet (saas) provide a great deal of detailed information, signs and evidence for people to be able to recognize him. One of the important pieces of information that provide a clue as to recognizing Hazrat ‘Mahdi’ is that ‘Hazrat ‘Mahdi’ name and fame will spread constantly across the world.’ Even if people do not know he is the Hazrat Mahdi, they will frequently see him, hear his voice, learn his ideas, follow his works and activities and speak often about him, in manners described in the hadith. The hadith reveal how during this time, people will frequently speak of Hazrat Mahdi, remember his name, talk about him and feel great love and fervor for him:

When Hazrat Mahdi comes, PEOPLE WILL EMBRACE HIM WITH LOVE AND AFFECTION.

Hazrat Mahdi is the most auspicious of people (in his time). His helpers and those who swear allegiance to him ... will have Jibril before them and Mikail behind. HE (HAZRAT MAHDI WILL BE BELOVED OF ALL LIVING THINGS.

Salama ibn Zufar relates: “HAZRAT MAHDI WILL APPEAR WHEN PEOPLE ARE WEARIED OF EVIL, SAVAGERY AND OPPRESSION AND WHEN NO PERSON LIVING IN RECLUSION IS AS GREAT OR LOVED AS HIM.”

Certain it is that he (Hazrat Mahdi) WILL NOT APPEAR UNTIL HE IS THE MOST BELOVED (again the name "Beloved", which means David in Hebrew) OF PEOPLE due to the evils they suffer.

Allah WILL FILL EVERYONE’S HEARTS WITH LOVE OF HIM [HAZRAT MAHDI].

In the End Times, the name and renown of Hazrat Mahdi will spread constantly across the world. The Internet, television and radio will play a major role in this. We are told in the hadith of our Prophet (saas) that Hazrat Mahdi’s renown will spread by way of images and videos carried over the Internet, television films and radio:

Hazrat Mahdi will (spiritually) conquer both east and west and cause Islam (the moral values of Islam) to rule the world... Allah WILL BESTOW SUCH POWERS ON PEOPLE THAT EVERYONE WILL HEAR HIS (THE MAHDI’S) WORDS, WHEREVER THEY MAY BE and Imam will give life to Islam...

In addition, it is also indicated in the hadith that every community will be able to hear the voice and see images of Hazrat Mahdi, again through such means of communication as the Internet, television and radio, and that they will be able to listen to him, translated into their own languages, from anywhere in the world:

The Ikdu’d-Durer says: THIS VOICE WILL BE BROADCAST ACROSS THE WORLD, AND EVERY PEOPLE WILL HEAR IT IN THEIR OWN TONGUE.

A VOICE from the sky ADRESSING THE PEOPLE OF THE EARTH, AND EVERYONE WILL HEAR IT IN HIS OWN LANGUAGE.

A voice from the sky will call him by name AND EVEN PEOPLE ASLEEP IN THE EAST AND WEST WILL HEAR THIS VOICE AND WAKEN.

In another hadith, it is indicated that Hazrat Mahdi will answer all the questions put to him about the eastern (Muslim) and western (Christian) worlds and that people will witness these.

Thanks to technological progress and by means of the Internet and television, people all over the world will witness the statements made by Hazrat Mahdi. All questions about which people are curious will be put to him, and he will answer them:

... HAZRAT MAHDI WILL ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT THINGS BETWEEN THE EAST AND WEST.

THE HAND REFERRED TO IN THE HADITH “A HAND WILL REACH OUT FROM THE SKY AND A VOICE WILL SAY ‘THIS IS HAZRAT MAHDI, FOLLOW HIM’.” WILL BE THAT OF HAZRAT MAHDI WHO WILL BE SEEN ON TV AND THE INTERNET.

It is narrated from Qaza’ah (N. b. Hammad) Zuhri that he said: ... A VOICE WILL BE HEARD FROM THE SKY, SAYING: “Allah’S SAINT IS THIS PERSON.” (Referring to Hazrat Mahdi)

Asma binti Umays says: THE SIGN OF THAT DAY IS A HAND REACHING OUT FROM THE SKY AND PEOPLE STOPPING TO LOOK AT IT.

In the hadith, our Prophet (saas) has revealed that one of the signs that will identify Hazrat Mahdi before he actually appears is ‘a hand extended from the sky.’ Again according to these hadith, ‘people will see and look at this hand.’ Together with this hand, people will be told ‘This is Allah’s saint, Hazrat Mahdi.’ This voice calling out to people will be that of Hazrat Mahdi. Hazrat Mahdi will not claim to be Hazrat Mahdi, but as the person who knows him best he will describe him to people by way of television and the Internet.

Again according to these signs in the hadith, Hazrat Mahdi will appear before people’s eyes by way of the television and Internet, and people will constantly see his hand through these means. It also appears that, like the hand of the Prophet Musa described in the Qur’an, that of Hazrat Mahdi will be very beautiful and eye-catching. And keeping that hand constantly in people’s view, people will always see it.

Another hadith says that, “Hazrat Mahdi will use his hands when he talks; he will move his hand as he wishes to emphasize points when he speaks and they will see these movements:”

The Name(s) of the Mahdi

The Mahdi, Mihdī, also Mehdi; "Guided One" or "Gifted one"

In an Hadith widely regarded as authentic, the Prophet Muhammad has stated: "Even if the entire duration of the world's existence has already been exhausted and only one day is left before the Day of Judgment, Allah will expand that day to such a length of time, as to accommodate the kingdom of a person out of my Ahl al-Bayt (people of the house) who will be called by my name(the Prophet was speaking with the Words of Allah, thus the name is the 100th name of Allah). He will then fill the Earth with peace and justice as it will have been filled with injustice and tyranny before then."

The Apostle Peter said: "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

So if there is only one day left, Allah may expand that day to thousand years. This is also called the 7th millennium, the 1000 year Sabbath of the Lord. It is written in the Revelation, the last book of the Bible: And there shall be no night (the day lasts forever) there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they (the Muslims) shall reign for ever and ever.

An important sign which will precede Imam Mahdi is as follows, so that we Muslims are not misled to believe in somebody claiming to be the Mahdi who in reality is a blatant liar.

A General Sign

There are many signs that will precede him, a general and very important sign is that he will come at a time when there is great confutation, intense disputes and violent deaths. When people are afflicted by disturbance and experiencing great fear. Calamities will fall upon the people, so much so that a man shall not find a shelter to shelter him self from oppression. There will be battles and fitnaas (Fitna (ÝÊäÉ) is an Arabic word, generally regarded as very difficult to translate. It is often used to refer to civil war, disagreement and division within Islam and specifically alludes to a time involving trials of faith, similar to the Tribulation in Christian eschatology. The word also implies meanings including schism, secession, upheaval and anarchy) before his appearance. Every time a fitnaa has come to end, another will start, spread and intensify. The people will be troubled to such an extent that they will long for death. It is then that Imam Mahdi will be sent.

Abu Saeed Al-Khudri has repoted that the Messenger of Allah said "He will be sent at a time of intense disputes and differences among people and earthquakes..."

The word "earthquakes" appears also in the book of Revelation, it also has the meaning of revolutions.

The Euphrates will Disclose a Mountain of Gold

"The Hour shall not occur until the Euphrates (Euphrates means "good to cross over"; my interpretation: the crucifixion is over) will disclose a mountain of gold, over which people will fight. 99 out of every hundred shall die, and every one of them shall say, 'perchance I shall be the one to succeed".

The number 99 is closely related to the 99 names of Allah. So there will be a quest for the 100th name of Allah (which is at the same time the name of the Mahdi). The people will not die literally, but if they say the false name, they are liars, which is a declaration that they are children of Satan, the Father of lies, which endangers them to be thrown into Hell.

The Mahdi appears also in the book of Revelation, he is the overcomer, the common theme of Jesus seven letters to the churches. The Book of Revelation says: "…I (Jesus) will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem (also called city of David), which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." If someone wants to understand the book of Revelation, he has to look for its historical interpretation.

Abu Hurairah has narrated that the Prophet Muhammad said:

"A man will emerge from the depths of Damascus…"

One of the origins of the name Damascus is the Arabic word damas for water. Now the Prophet Jesus called his words the "living water", which were the words that Allah put in his mouth, the truth. So Damascus has to be a place with a lot of truth.

The name of the Mahdi is David, according to the Old Testament in the Bible: "And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them."

But we know that there might be errors in the Bible, so it is not 100% sure. But another thought is this: The name David means Beloved, and since it is at the same time the 100th name of Allah, it is a prophecy that Allah will be loved of all people in the future. It is written: A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death (not literally) than the day of one's birth. So to receive a new name is better than to be anointed, the anointment is a declaration from Allah to be the Messiah, the Mahdi. It is possible that a Mahdi will be a convert to Islam, because he will receive a new arabic name with this change.

Please also note the similitude of the words "Tawhid" and "David".

Narrated by Abu Hurayrah:

"'The war of the end of time is the war of the world. There will be a third war after two great wars in which many are killed. He who will light the fires of the second world war will be known as the 'Great Leader' (Adolf Hitler). 1300 years after the Hijra, count a few decades. At that time, the Greek King wants to wage a war against the entire world. Meanwhile, Allah commands the war for that man. A short while later, that is, in two decades, a man whose name is associated with a cat name from the German lands, appears as a scourge on the Romans. He starts to bother people and wants to hold control over the world. He wages war against the entire world, both the warm and cold lands. After years filled with severe war fires, he meets Allah's punishment. Then, he is killed as the Russian's mystery. Count five or six or seven or eight decades after 1300 of Hijra. At that time, a man called "Nasser" rules Egypt. Arabs call him "succa-ul Arab", the "brave of the Arabs." Allah despises him twice, once in a war, and then in another one. That "Nasser" can never attain victory. Upon this, Allah, the Lord of the House, makes a dark-colored person, whose father is more enlightened than himself, the leader of the Egyptian people and the Arab nation. But, he makes an agreement with the thieves of the Masjid al-Aqsa. Then a cruel man appears in Iraq, which is located in the Damascus region. This man, with a slight injury in his eye, is a Sufyaani. His name comes from confrontation (Saddam), and he is confrontational against his opponents. All the world gathers for him in small Kut, the region to which he came previously because he was deceived. There is no good in that Sufyaani except with Islam and he is both good and bad.....and woe to he who betrays the trustworthy Mahdi. Count two or three decades after the year/decade of Hijri 1400. At that time, the Mahdi emerges. He fights the whole world and both the ones who have gone astray (Christians) and the ones who have earned Allah's anger (Jews) join against him with the hypocrites in the land of Isra and Miraj at Mount Megiddo. And there comes out against him the Queen of the world and deception, an adulteress called (America), who incites the world to deviation and infidelity...and the Jews of the world at that time would have the upper hand , ruling Quds and the holy city. And all nations come to fight by sea and air except those in the land of extreme cold and the land of extreme heat. And the Mahdi sees that all the world does plot against him, but he also sees that Allah's plan is stronger than all, and he sees that the World belongs to Allah and to Him it will return, and that the World is but a tree that Allah wills him to rule from its roots to its branches.......and Allah throws down on them (unbelievers) with a disastrous punishment, burning their lands and seas and skies. And the sky rains down a harmful shower, with the people of the Earth cursing the infidels, and Allah wills the defeat of the unbelievers."

Abu Sa’id al-Khudari says:

The Prophet said: “Our Mahdi will have a broad forehead and a pointed nose.

Then, Hudhayfah asked: 'O Messenger of Allah, how shall we know him?' He replied: "He is a man from my children; he looks like the men from the children of Israel, upon him are two white cloaks with frayed edges (when he is performing the pilgrimage to Mecca). His face is like a colorful, glittering star, upon his right cheek there is a black mole and he is forty years old.

Allah may bless You

Davud

Peace be with you.

Since you wanted an opinion, here are some ideas...

It can get confusing because they have similar missions. They have the same strategic mission: to bring mankind closer to Allah. They have different tactical missions. They use different methods and strategies to bring mankind closer to Allah.

Salam Alaikum Journey.

I would like to quote the Quran as well as the Psalms of the blessed Prophet David.

Sura 5:18 (Both) the Jews and the Christians say: "We are sons of Allah, and his beloved (the name beloved means David in Hebrew)." Say: "Why then doth He punish you for your sins? Nay, ye are but men,- of the men he hath created: He forgiveth whom He pleaseth, and He punisheth whom He pleaseth: and to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between: and unto Him is the final goal (of all)".

Psalms 89:20 I have found David (his name means beloved) my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed (anointed means Messiah) him:

21 With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.

22 The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.

23 And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.

24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.

25 I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.

26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.

27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.

28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.

29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.

So You see it gets really confusing, just due to the following:

The Muslims, may they all be blessed, call the Beloved the Mahdi.

The Christians call the Beloved the Christ, which is another word for the anointed one, the Messiah.

The Jews call the Beloved the Messiah David.

They are talking about the same person, but are not aware of the person's identity.

Allah May Bless You

Davud

Salam Alaikum.

The Blessed Prophet David

We all know that there is no direct mentioning of the Mahdi in the Quran, but in the scripture, which went before the Quran. In the old scriptures, the Mahdi is called by the name David (which means beloved), and he is called a king. Please note, that the word "anointed" does carry the same meaning as the word "Messiah".

Psalms 18:50 Great deliverance giveth he to his king; and sheweth mercy to his anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore.

The following verses have been written, when the Prophet David, may he be blessed, was dead long time ago.

Ezekiel 34:23 And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd. 37:24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

--> So the one who will be king is called David by name in the old scriptures.

Revelation 2:27 And he (the Mahdi) shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers.

Isaiah 11:1-5 1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse (who is the father of David), and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. 5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar (like the first pillar in Islam) in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God (the 100th name of Allah), and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

So the Blessed Prophet Jesus will write his name on the Mahdi. It is one person.

Allah May Bless You

Davud

Salam Alaikum.

I would like to express my thankfulness to Allah, for all that he has done in the past, such like sending us the prophets, may they all be blessed, and giving us the scripture and prophecies.

Dear beloved Allah, glory and praise to You.

I will never give up, until peace is established on earth.

The mission of the 313 Mujahideen is to help the Mahdi in this task.

A Mujahid (Arabic: ãÌÇåÏ, muǧāhid, literally "struggler", "justice-fighter" or "freedom-fighter") is a person who is fighting for freedom.

Davud

Salam Alaikum Sisters and Brothers.

Please do listen to the following song, I am singing to the music of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra.

This song does have a story: It was my wish to Allah, may he be glorified, to unite the islamic world with this song.

The only thing, which the countries have to do, is to change their National Anthem to this song.

Then the Mahdi's dream will come true.

http://www.david-ben-jesse.de/Brothers%20in%20Arms.mp3

There does also exist a video to that song:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDavidbenJesse#p/a/u/0/0GxQrnCbFe4

Allah May Bless You

Davud

P.S. Please remember the children. They really need Your help.

From this analogue we can see that mistake you make is obvious, because Isa, Ibn Mariam did not have perfect religion, therefore he is not perfectly guided. Therefore you analogue between Prophet Muhammed (SAAS) and Isa, Ibn mariam crushes because of its false premise. Only Muhammed (SAAS) is perfectly guided. .

Is that so?

If only Muhamad was perfectly guided, as you claim, would you care to tell us why God commanded Muhamad and all the faithful of his time to follow the creed of Abraham?

Here are verses from the Quran:

{And whose 'deen' is better than the one who submits himself to God, and he is a good doer, and he follows the creed of Abraham in monotheism?....} ..... [4:125]

{Say (O MUhamad): "My Lord has guided me to a straight path, an upright 'deen'; the creed of Abraham the monotheist; he was not of those who associated partners (to God)".} .....[6:161]

{Then We inspired to you (O Muhamad): "You shall follow the creed of Abraham, monotheism, and he was not of those who associated partners to God") ....[16:123].

{He has decreed for you (O Muhamad) the same 'deen' He ordained for Noah, and what We inspired to you, and what We ordained for Abraham, Moses, and Eesa: You shall uphold this ' deen', and do not divide in it. Intolerable for the polytheists is what you invite them towards. God chooses for Himself whoever He wills; He guides to Himself those who repent} ....[42:13]

All the anbiya who came before did bring the perfect 'deen', and were all perfectly guided. Yet despite this, God commanded people to follow the guidance of these anbiya, without making idols of them (as you have made idols of Muhamad and his progeny).

But because you (and the Sunnis) are both enemies of the Quran, you will never accept this truth.

The Quran tells you very clearly that Eesa, the son of Maryam, died and is not coming back:

{And peace be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I am resurrected alive} ....[19:33]

Just as every other soul shall die and be resurrected again.

...Yet you defy God and believe otherwise.

The Quran tells you that the only guide left for humanity is the Quran itself, and all we have to do is ponder its verses and study them. But you (and the Sunnis) chose to throw the Quran behind your backs and follow the fabrications of the criminals Bukhary, Muslim, Trimithy, and co. (may God curse them all for eternity), while living in a delusion that some savior (Mahdi) will come, bring with him the true "intrepretation" of the Quran, and with a wave of his sword (in a time of nuclear weapons and space travel) will make everything fine and dandy again. A mass opium if ever I've seen one.

Only and idol worshipper, and an enemy of the Quran can make the ridiculous claim that the past anbiya - whose creed Muhamad was commanded to follow - were not perfectly guided.

Peace and may God guide you to wake up from your delusions.

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
[Mod Note: Moderators can increase the size of excessively small fonts to a standard size of 14.]

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

On 4/4/2010 at 2:47 PM, Johnny_Appleseed said:

The Quran tells you very clearly that Eesa, the son of Maryam, died and is not coming back:

{And peace be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I am resurrected alive} ....[19:33]

That doesn't tell us he (pbuh) died. It clearly says the day he will die.

Jesus (pbuh) will die one day, just like everyone else. Then he (pbuh) will be resurrected before Godسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى like everyone else.

was salam

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
[Mod Note: Moderators can increase the size of excessively small fonts to a standard size of 14.]

• Advanced Member

Dear Davud,

You are doing a research to find the truth, that is the greatest form of worship to God. Salman e Farsi did that and he achieved a very great status in Islam. May you continue with your research and get blessed. i just like to add a little of my contribution if it can help you in your research. There is also a hadith that says that the Mehdi will do justice like the prophet David. He will not need witness in a dispute to give justice.

Salam Alaikum,

please remember Allah, may he be glorified. He is the most merciful. When Allah is calling to fight, it should not have anything to do with violence, as long as it can be circumvented. It is also a struggle within a person to rightly decide between good and evil.

Peace and Justice are starting within a family, which is the strongest unit of a country. That's the place where it starts. Someone must be able to care about his next ones with love and affection. Women and Men should have equal rights, as it is written in the holy Quran. Sura 24:26 Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable.

Please note that this displays equality:

• women of purity are for men of purity
  • men of purity are for women of purity

A faithful Muslim will take special care for the children. For example the children in Gaza, which is one of the areas in this world, where the concentration of the population regarding the children is highest, need support from charity organization. Thus Allah told us in the holy Quran with the words of the blessed Prophet Muhammd to donate to charities.

So when peace is established within the family, the next step is to establish peace in the country with strengthening the community. It was my wish to Allah, may he be glorified, to unite the islamic world with a song, which is called "Brothers in Arms" (Dire Straits). The only thing, which the countries have to do, is to change their National Anthem to this song. Then the Mahdi's dream will come true.

The third step is to establish peace in the world, and this can only be done, when there is peace between Palestine and Israel. The Nazism of the Jews can be fought from within with the support of "Jewish Voice for Peace"! https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/301/shop/custom.jsp?donate_page_KEY=140

I believe with strong faith that it is Allah's wish for a peaceful revolution. But if Your question was, if somebody has to fight, I think the presence of the fighters will give more pressure on Israel, so they have no other choice to give in.

Allah May Bless You

Davud

• Advanced Member

Salam Alaikum Sisters and Brothers.

Please do listen to the following song, I am singing to the music of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra.

This song does have a story: It was my wish to Allah, may he be glorified, to unite the islamic world with this song.

The only thing, which the countries have to do, is to change their National Anthem to this song.

Then the Mahdi's dream will come true.

http://www.david-ben...20in%20Arms.mp3

There does also exist a video to that song:

http://www.youtube.c...u/0/0GxQrnCbFe4

Allah May Bless You

Davud

P.S. Please remember the children. They really need Your help.

salam.gifbismillah.gif

MUSIC IS HARAAAM XD

but thts for another discussion

anyways

islam contradicts the fact the the mahdi and jesus are the same .. no matter if ur sunni or shia....

shia believe tht he was already born through the grandson of the prophet(SAW) imam hassan al askari(AS).... sunnis on the other hand do not believe he is born and will be born soon..... through the prophets ahlulbayt...

salam.gif