In the Name of God بسم الله

The Results?

Rate this topic

sarmad17

• Advanced Member

Salaam,

Former Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi's bloc has achieved a surprise win in Iraq's parliamentary elections.

His coalition has two seats more than that of incumbent PM Nouri Maliki, who has vowed to challenge the results and said they were "not final".

Earlier, the UN's envoy to Iraq said the 7 March election was "credible" and urged Iraqis to accept the results.

Mr Allawi will need to form a coalition government as he lacks a majority, amid fears the results may spark violence.

Just hours before the results were announced, twin bomb blasts in the town of Khalis, in Diyala province, killed at least 40 people and left more than 60 injured.

ANALYSIS

Magdi Abdelhadi, BBC Middle East regional editor

As had been widely anticipated, the scene is set in Iraq for a protracted political conflict with the risk of violence never far off.

Almost immediately after the announcement that handed Mr Allawi the electoral victory, Mr Maliki refused to accept the result. And he went further, asking for a re-run of the poll in what he described as problematic provinces.

He demanded that the controversial de-Baathficiation law, under which those with links to Saddam Hussein's Baath party are excluded from public office, should be applied to candidates who won seats in the parliament.

Iraq can ill afford an outdrawn political conflict with no effective government. This could easily play into the hands of those determined to derail the political process altogether.

Speaking directly after the figures released by the electoral commission, Mr Maliki challenged the result and repeated his call for the electoral commission to recount the vote.

He added that his bloc would press ahead with plans to form the new government.

Mr Allawi said his bloc would "work with all Iraqi parties, whether they won or not, to form the next government".

The BBC's Andrew North in Baghdad says this looks like a spectacular victory for Mr Allawi and a big upset for Mr Maliki - but at 91 seats to 89 it was a very tight race.

And with Mr Maliki's party making allegations of irregularities, there are still concerns over whether the result will be accepted, our correspondent says.

On Thursday the head of Iraq's election commission ruled out holding a manual recount of all the votes cast.

The BBC's Andrew North on "an incredible upset"

The US state department congratulated the country on carrying out "a successful election". Spokesman Philip Crowley said Iraqi and international observers had overseen the process and there was "no evidence of widespread or serious fraud".

"This marks a significant milestone in the ongoing democratic development of Iraq," he said.

A credible election is seen as crucial to US military plans to end combat operations this August, seven years after the invasion.

What do you guys think? crediable?

Weve known the elections has been rigged for almost a week now.

The americans ordered the election commision traitors not to recount the votes and they blessed the results with open arms. Furthermore, the computers being used for the counting was supplied by the mujhaideen khalq group, the UN and the americans supplied the computers so whenever a count is listed in it goes directly to the main database server where it was obviously changed around.

The americans, British and the Saudis are getting there way in Iraq and are supporting the baath with all there hearts, they are returning slowly but surely. The only way to stop them now is if maliki and hakim merge as one party then they would get the majority in parliament.

Edited by IraqLives1

• Veteran Member

The americans ordered the election commision traitors not to recount the votes and they blessed the results with open arms. Furthermore, the computers being used for the counting was supplied by the mujhaideen khalq group, the UN and the americans supplied the computers so whenever a count is listed in it goes directly to the main database server where it was obviously changed around.

Then why your hero Mr. Maliki did not finish with a foreigner terrorist Marxist-anti Shia group MKO while he was in power? Instead they fell for the propaganda that a few religious people in Najaf and the country Iran were the real danger to Iraqis? That is how they played fool.... made them focus somewhere else as they were planting for the formation of a new-Baathist-Nationalism-Fascist group.

The americans, British and the Saudis are getting there way in Iraq and are supporting the baath with all there hearts, they are returning slowly but surely. The only way to stop them now is if maliki and hakim merge as one party then they would get the majority in parliament.

Hakim's coalitions can play their cards with any group and any government....I don't see any reason for them to team up with Maliki.

• Advanced Member

Indeed. We are all sure the elections has been rigged. Why else would the IHEC reject a recount?

America want to have someone in power who can work for them. Maliki dissapointed them and didnt follow their orders. Allawi is and so they want him in power.

Anyway we have our principals and at the end we are ruling Iraq. Iraq is federal and if we look at our provinces, we won the elections and we rule them.

As long as Allawi is in the gov. we will be out and I dont even care. We dont need to be in a gov. with Baathis and criminals.

Today Talabani and officials of INA and State of Law visited Iran. Still no one knows why. Lets just hope we stick together and INA dont allie with Allawi. If they dont and the Kurds dont that means Allawi cannot form a gov. and he has a month to do that. If he fails that means its our turn to form one.

I just hope we stick together whether the kurds allie with him or not. If INA and State of Law form a coalition in the parliament power is still ours. No rule passes without our agreement. I just hope some politicians stop looking for SEATS and POWER and instead look at whats best for Iraq and for the Shia.

Allah Kareem.

Hakim's coalitions can play their cards with any group and any government....I don't see any reason for them to team up with Maliki.

Neither do I see any reason for them to play their cards with a bunch of Baathis. What do you think?

• Veteran Member

Indeed. We are all sure the elections has been rigged. Why else would the IHEC reject a recount?

America want to have someone in power who can work for them. Maliki dissapointed them and didnt follow their orders. Allawi is and so they want him in power.

Anyway we have our principals and at the end we are ruling Iraq. Iraq is federal and if we look at our provinces, we won the elections and we rule them.

As long as Allawi is in the gov. we will be out and I dont even care. We dont need to be in a gov. with Baathis and criminals.

Today Talabani and officials of INA and State of Law visited Iran. Still no one knows why. Lets just hope we stick together and INA dont allie with Allawi. If they dont and the Kurds dont that means Allawi cannot form a gov. and he has a month to do that. If he fails that means its our turn to form one.

I just hope we stick together whether the kurds allie with him or not. If INA and State of Law form a coalition in the parliament power is still ours. No rule passes without our agreement. I just hope some politicians stop looking for SEATS and POWER and instead look at whats best for Iraq and for the Shia.

Allah Kareem.

INA + Maliki cannot make up the majority of seats, no?

Neither do I see any reason for them to play their cards with a bunch of Baathis. What do you think?

What is the difference between the two secular Shia nationalists?

If Allawi offers some key ministerial seats for INA and also offers to vote the seat of presidency for Hakim for example...then why they should not play their cards with them?

• Advanced Member

What is the difference between the two secular Shia nationalists?

If Allawi offers some key ministerial seats for INA and also offers to vote the seat of presidency for Hakim for example...then why they should not play their cards with them?

Because there is something we call principles. Why were we opposition and why were we and our childeren getting killed by Saddams thugs when he offered us ''key seats'' and we could work for him?

Allawi is a Baathi and his list is FULL of Baathis and criminals. What is Tariq Hashimi? a decent man? Is Hakim forgetting what the Baath did or is he and your likes forgetting what the Sunnis did? Or are we giving up our principles for seats? We didnt do that when Saddam forced us to so why would we now?

Being opposition with our heads high is better than ruling with our heads down. We dont follow orders from a Baathi. I hope Sayyid Ammar agrees with me and allies with us against the Baathis.

Edited by Iraqiah_Shia

• Advanced Member

Allah Kareem.

Salaam,

I agree with you bro. Just wanted to add that Talabani is in iran for Nouruz celebrations, all the nouruz celebrating leaders went there ie afghanistan trukenstain and whoever else. I just dont like it whn iraqis blame everything on iran whn the real enemy is US.

Look the results r perfect for them, wer gonna fight between ourselfs, politically or otherwise, and they will do as they please, simple as

No, Allawi didnt win the elections. The Americans and saudis won it.

Just before the results were announced...two election officials quit and protested the results, hamdeeya husseini and another one. They KNEW it was rigged, the americans made sure of it...before the announcement, maliki was i nthe lead by about 5 seats. An american official working for the UN demanded the results be given to her before it goes public and she ordered the traitor commision to change it...

http://qanon302.com/news.php?action=view&id=7595

The elections has been rigged by the americans. Supported by the british and saudis.

The shia parties screwed up bad because they broke apart. Maliki became overconfident (and i dont blame him). If maliki and hakim dotn sort themselves out in the next few days...then Iraq is over. The baath will return, the main chat of the dinner table will be ''how to get rid of the baath'' all over again.

• Advanced Member

Salaam,

I agree with you bro. Just wanted to add that Talabani is in iran for Nouruz celebrations, all the nouruz celebrating leaders went there ie afghanistan trukenstain and whoever else. I just dont like it whn iraqis blame everything on iran whn the real enemy is US.

Look the results r perfect for them, wer gonna fight between ourselfs, politically or otherwise, and they will do as they please, simple as

Okay. I didnt know he was there for Nawrouz. Anyway Im sure there is something behind it. I mean he went there for just 2 hours WITH officials of INA and State of Law and both of them DONT celebrate Nawrouz :P Kiddin, im just saying that Im sure and hope there is something behind the visit.

But who is blaming Iran?

PS: I am a sister.

• Veteran Member

Because there is something we call principles. Why were we opposition and why were and our daughters getting killed by Saddams thugs when he offered us ''key seats''.

Allawi is a Baathi and his list is FULL of Baathis and criminals. What is Tariq Hashimi? a decent man? Is Hakim forgetting what the Baath did or is he and your likes forgetting what the Sunnis did? Or are we giving up our principles for seats? We didnt do that when Saddam forced us to so why would we now?

Being opposition with our heads high is better than ruling with our heads down.

"we" and "we' who are you? Now you speak on behalf of all Shia Iraqis? lol very interesting...till the other day you had a very different tune..

The question is why Maliki paved the way for Baathists and pardoned 1000s of Sunni extremists who came to Iraq to kill Shias and kill your daughters?

Why MKOs Saddam's dear friends are not exterminated from in the last 7 years?

Did Maliki spend Iraq's revenues for the best of your country?

I guess it is too late for Maliki and his secular followers like you...from one hand you lost your own people based on suspicions and other stupid reasons, lost your closest ally in the region Iran and from the other hand British old political tricks and conspiracies are hunting you down.

btw: You can not compare Saddam to Allawi.. Saddam was a criminal, racist, hater and a Shia enemy.. Allawi is not involved in any kind of criminal activities..

I blame Maliki for this and sistani in the long run.

Sistani didnt allow the shia to revenge kill the baath back in 2003. BIG MISTAKE.

The Sadr group is right to be against maliki...maliki wanted to break off with the shia....so let him live with the results. What a bloody bufoon. If we shia lose this now, it will be ALL his fault.

These next few weeks are critical on how Iraq will be governed in the next 50 years.

Edited by IraqLives1

• Advanced Member

Okay. I didnt know he was there for Nawrouz. Anyway Im sure there is something behind it. I mean he went there for just 2 hours WITH officials of INA and State of Law and both of them DONT celebrate Nawrouz :P Kiddin, im just saying that Im sure and hope there is something behind the visit.

But who is blaming Iran?

PS: I am a sister.

Sorry sis, (call my self iraqi and culdnt read ur name)

BTW ur post baffed me big time.

And to everyone else, maliki didnt have tht much power, he was v limited

• Veteran Member

Sistani didnt allow the shia to revenge kill the baath back in 2003. BIG MISTAKE.

Have a wild guess on what would have happened if he did?

As it is, Ayatollah Sistanis (ra) verdict was from an Islamic point of view, in which if there is evidence against any baathi criminal, it should be taken to the court of justice and be dealt with.

• Advanced Member

Salaam,

Sistani tried and successfully prevented a civial war, and he need to do it again!!

These elections are falsified in advance. The falsification of elections does not necessarily happen on the day of the elections itself. When there are no reliable records of voters, whether inside or outside Iraq, when there is terror against opponents and minorities, when there are no just procedures and rules concerning political entities, their financial mechanisms, their electoral campaigns and regulating the equal rights of rival candidates, when the government can use the whole state apparatus and institutions against its own rivals, it is evident that the elections will be fake and will not reflect the real will of the Iraqi people.

Many governments, international institutions and associations declared that they want that the elections be free, fair and transparent. These good intentions if not followed by acts on the ground will be considered a silent endorsement of the falsified results. We remember that UN Security Council Resolution 1483 stipulated the obligations of the occupying forces, but the UN remained silent thereafter in front of the occupation’s violations of these same obligations, thereby giving the US the liberty to do whatever it wants in Iraq as if it was legal. In this context, it is evident that the next parliament will again be a US product composed of US allies with different faces, and not real Iraqi representatives.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=17946

• Advanced Member

Notwithstanding the fact that rigging is very likely to have taken place, it is also sad but true that we the people of Iraq are useless. We Iraqi's never seem to learn and our history is riddled with failure after failure. We betrayed Imam Ali and later his son Imam Hussain and now for the first time in history we were given an opportunity to claim our rights but we couldn't retain them. Instead we failed again; our useless leaders divided themselves, made us vulnerable again and lost our rights in yet another failure. Iraq will suffer again in some way. The only hope we have is Imam al-Zaman (aj) though I genuinley fear we will be among his foremost opponents, as we were with his forefathers.

Edited by Transient

• Veteran Member

I blame Maliki for this and sistani in the long run.

Whenever it suits for you Iraqis you bring Sistani into discussion and blame him. Shias and Kurds built the government under the influence of Westerners believing in separation of religion and state. Who was Sistani in Iraqi government? Oh wait, he was the Minister of Justice, no? Maybe he was running the ministry of Interior? oh wait he appointed a few of his student Mullahs from Najaf as Prime Minister and President of Iraq?

Sistani issued only religious verdicts... He issues 10s of them, Iraqi government never intended to follow his guidance in the government and they did not have to.

Iraqi government has been operating separately from religious authorities. The government has been titled as a secular-democracy and has nothing to do with religion or religious scholars roles.

• Advanced Member

"we" and "we' who are you? Now you speak on behalf of all Shia Iraqis? lol very interesting...

Yes we as Iraqis. Or you dont agree? You wanne say that we as Iraqis and especially as Shia didnt get killed by Saddam and we werent opposition? Because that is what I was referring to in my post. That we never gave Saddam what he wanted so we can have seats and power. Go back and re-read.

till the other day you had a very different tune..

Different tune? Care to show us?

I guess it is too late for Maliki and his secular followers like you...from one hand you lost your own people based on suspicions and other stupid reasons, lost your closest ally in the region Iran and from the other hand British old political tricks and conspiracies are hunting you down.

Lost our people? Seems the Iraqi people dont agree with you. Dont forget that we got more votes and thus more seats than the INA. State of Law has 89 seats and INA 70, so tell me smart guy, who lost here? And if the IRAQI people didnt want Maliki why did he get more votes than any other man in Iraq?

btw: You can not compare Saddam to Allawi.. Saddam was a criminal, racist, hater and a Shia enemy.. Allawi is not involved in any kind of criminal activities..

Nobody compared him to Saddam but its a fact that he is a Baathi. He joined the Baath in 1958. So now we know that many Iraqis joined the Baath just on paper to survive or to get promotion. But the thing with the likes of Allawi is that they joined Baath when joining was voluntarily. Taking into consideration that Alawi and his generation, which wanted to become politicians, all joined Ba3ath to get somewhere politically is morally wrong. They were defending Hizb Al-Ba3ath in a time where political opponents got imprisoned, tortured and killed. Yes, Saddam was the worst, but Hassan Al-Bakr wasn't exactly Casper the friendly ghost. And they are still defending them, Allawi is one of the people who was against the de Baathification! But no suprise because many in his list were once Baathis. They joined voluntarily, stayed voluntarily and the only reason they left is because of fear of stalinisque purges by albakr and ibn 9ab7a. Nothing more, nothing less.

Blaming Maliki for the loss is ridicilous and calling names is even more ridicilous. I know its a new fashion for Iraqis to bash Maliki and call him names but ATLEAST Maliki was on the right side when we needed to fight Baathis. Not just Saddam and his sons but every Baathi sarsari w masla7chi who sided with him through his rule. Saddam is dead but his ideology lives in the minds of many. To hell with Baath and every person who defends the likes of Saddam.

For the ones who are interested:

Allawi's Biography from his own website:

http://wifaq.com/page.asp?pageID=107〈=arb

Ayad Alawi "was born in Baghdad in 1946 into a wealthy Shiite family of prominent business leaders." As a "young man", Allawi joined the Baath Party after it "gained control of Iraq" and "organized party meetings at his medical school. He left Baghdad for advanced medical studies in London in 1971, eventually becoming a neurologist." It is reported that "Dr. Alawi occasionally treated young Saddam Hussein for minor ailments." Allawi, before his 1976 resignation from the Baath Party, "was in charge of all Baath Party organizations in Europe." Allawi himself states that he remained active in the international Ba'athist movement but had no ties to the Iraqi Ba'atist party.

Sources

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...04May28_2.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/29/in...st/29ALLA.html

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/200...050124fa_fact1

A letter by Dr. Haifa al-Azawi, a former classmate of Allawi's:

"Any physician who graduated from Baghdad Medical School between the years 1962 and 1970 will remember this big, husky man. The Baath party union leader, who carried a gun on his belt and frequently brandished it terrorizing the medical students, was a poor student and chose to spend his time standing in the school courtyard or chasing female students to their homes.

When I entered medical school, Iyad Allawi was a student there and when I graduated he was still a student there. He tried to form a political party and, according to some friends of his, he faked names to make the party seem larger than it really was. His medical degree is bogus and was conferred upon him by the Baath party, soon after a WHO (World Health Organization) grant was orchestrated for him to go to England and study public health accompanied by his Christian wife, whom he dumped later to marry a Muslim woman.

In England he was a poor student, visiting the Iraqi embassy at the end of each month to collect his salary as the Baath party representative. According to his first wife and her family members, he spent his time dealing with assassins doing the dirty work for the Iraqi government, until his time was up and he became their target."

Source

http://www.nndb.com/people/186/000051033/

• Advanced Member

Sistani tried and successfully prevented a civial war, and he need to do it again!!

That's so true.

If Sistani have given Iraqis the right to fight the Baathis then Iraq would not be where it is today, it woud be at a much worse level. Sayed Alsistani cares for the country to not let it go like that. Anyway I don't see why people are being so pessimistic about these elections, there's still hope, the State of Law needs to join with other major parties to gather up seats, the real worry is whether Al-Hakim would want to join with Al-Maliki.

It'll be a real loss seeing Iraq go to Baath again, it can honestly be guaranteed that once Baath has got hold of the power they will never let go until America gets sick of them again. They're the real puppets.

Im just wondering how little attention has been given by the Western media into the allegations of fraud in the Iraqi elections, compared to that during the Iranian elections.

Its been mentioned on quite a few of them, and BBC fairly often. But with the various strikes in the UK at present, and the UK election debate heating up, and ex-ministers taking backhanders, its not going to be headline news. As for the complaint itself of election fraud, its strange that when Al-Maliki starts making these claims, people seem to agree with him on here, and are not calling him a traitor and demand that provides solid evidence before making these calls, like was the case with Mousavi. His group were only 2 short of Allawi's, and INA ( which has strong links to Al Sadr, not exactly a US or UK or Saudi favourite ) done extremely well in the elections. I dont see the results as being very obviously flawed. Many Sunni's seem to have voted for Allawi, and the Shia vote was divided amoung Al-Maliki and the INA.